REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Mobile Phone & Tablet Chat

Mobile Phone & Tablet Chat Need to unlock your phone? Check us out at JP Cellular Repair.
Smatphones, Tablets, Pagers (lol), Accessories, Networks, Services, Tips & Tricks, Download ringtones, Screen savers..

Old 10-17-2013, 08:38 PM   #1276
Got MOD?

You basically have to find an ODIN image of 4.1.1 and flash it onto the phone. Hard reset won't do anything.
Advertisement
My Feedback (50-0-0)

!MiKrofT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 10:24 PM   #1277
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 1,323 Times in 579 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by !MiKrofT View Post
You basically have to find an ODIN image of 4.1.1 and flash it onto the phone. Hard reset won't do anything.
Damn it. More work than I thought. Thanks...
Euro7r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 10:47 PM   #1278
RS controls my life!

I have a telus Note 2 running 4.1.2 but using it on Bell. I just unlocked it a couple weeks ago. I down graded to 4.1.1 using this thread from XDA:
[HOWTO] [ROOT] No Tripping Flash Counter - [ATT / Bell / Telus / Rogers / Sasktel] - xda-developers

When you flash the 4.1.1 and reboot, it will get stuck on the samsung boot logo. Must pull battery go into recovery and do a factory reset first

then did the unlock procedure:

then updated back to 4.1.2 using that same XDA thread. Those are all factory stock roms but injected the su binary and SuperSu app so i now have rooted stock image. btw, i install the Bell version into my Telus phone.

And regarding my broken glass, i ordered one coming from HK over a month ago and still haven't received it. I filed a case with Ebay through the resolution center. Will order one locally. I've had it with orders from asia. Stupid me for being cheap and trying to save about $10

Last edited by Puck Luck; 10-17-2013 at 11:01 PM.
Puck Luck is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-21-2013, 10:16 AM   #1279
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

What's some good layouts/launcher/apps for 4.1.2? I took a look at my friend's nexus 4 and the layout so nice for both the lockscreen and home screen....

I'm currently using:
Lock Screen:
NiLS (notification in lock screen)
Widget locker
Stock pattern lock

Home Screen:
GO launcher
Eye in the sky widget
Slider widget
zetazeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 05:50 PM   #1280
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

anyone else notice that the gallery is really slow when wifi is enabled?
Old 10-30-2013, 08:55 AM   #1281
JLC

Hey guys,

Looking at buying my mom a note 2 and not sure which model to buy.
She is on Rogers pay as you go currently, and will likely stay on it. She simply wants the phone too have a camera and mobile photo gallery to take pictures/video of her first grandson.
She alsoncurrently spends about $80/yr, that's right, per year on her phone bills so getting one on contract would be a huge waste of money.

So I want to pick up a note 2 that will ultimately work with rogers LTE (rest of the FAM all on rogers so just in case someone else wants to use it later). I keep coming across conflicting info on which model will work.

Will the at&t sgh-i317 (unlocked) work with rogers LTE? Or do I need to look at a different model number? Or do I have multiple options?

Thanks in advanced!

Last edited by JLC; 10-30-2013 at 09:03 AM.
JLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 12:04 PM   #1282
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
Don't get the note2 if your mom wants to take good pictures. Either get a Samsung S4(Camera have tons of fun features and decent in low light ) or HTC One (picture is really good quality but have more noise than the S4 in low light, but is snappier). Iphone 5s have pretty good camera as well and their shattle is really quick not to mention thier slow mention video is fun to use.

Note2 camera is not that good when put agasint newer phones. In fact don't even consider Note2 as a choice there are better phones with better specs with a little more.
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 12:55 PM   #1283
JLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp View Post
Don't get the note2 if your mom wants to take good pictures. Either get a Samsung S4(Camera have tons of fun features and decent in low light ) or HTC One (picture is really good quality but have more noise than the S4 in low light, but is snappier). Iphone 5s have pretty good camera as well and their shattle is really quick not to mention thier slow mention video is fun to use.

Note2 camera is not that good when put agasint newer phones. In fact don't even consider Note2 as a choice there are better phones with better specs with a little more.
Thanks for the tip!
Its actually mainly to peruse pictures more than anything.
Most often its me sending her pictures (my newborn ) and she wants to use it to show off and look at pics.

But good to know!
JLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 01:38 PM   #1284
RS controls my life!

So i finally got a new glass. Order from china never showed up. Ordered locally. Came with a one pieced adheisive and was a bit tricky to install. When i peeled the double sided adheisive, it was so thin (like a piece of cling wrap) and sticky it was hard to handle. I finally got it down onto the phone. Cleaned the digitizer and new glass with glass cleaner and installed. Then noticed it wasn't very clear, clean. And the center of the screen was contacting the digitizer, but not the rest. Turns out i was supposed to use 91% or higher alcohol to do the cleaning, then the heat gun to dry off any residue. Re-installed and looks great. The glass cleaner i originally used had an oil base and was leaving streaks as i couldnt get the residue off completely.
Old 11-26-2013, 08:10 PM   #1285
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,132 Times in 237 Posts
just a heads up 4.3 is out

just updated mine.. and i believe its also avail for s3 now as well
dub.g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 05:03 AM   #1286
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 7,449 Times in 1,438 Posts
^ I flashed 4.4 omni rom, even better
asian_XL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 02:51 PM   #1287
RS controls my life!

^ how's 4.4 omni? any bugs or crashing? All is working smoothly and snappy? Have you tried any other 4.4 or anyone else on 4.4 yet?
i just upgraded to 4.3 but not crazy about all the samsung touchwiz stuff. Was running CM 10.1 on my old htc and am now a fan of CM
Old 12-01-2013, 09:07 PM   #1288
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

anyone know where to get lcd panel for good price?
Old 12-02-2013, 02:39 AM   #1289

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck Luck View Post
^ how's 4.4 omni? any bugs or crashing? All is working smoothly and snappy? Have you tried any other 4.4 or anyone else on 4.4 yet?
i just upgraded to 4.3 but not crazy about all the samsung touchwiz stuff. Was running CM 10.1 on my old htc and am now a fan of CM
LTE was stuck before, it wont go back to 3G, flashed with the late nov version, seems better.
All i have is whatsapp and chrome installed, too lazy to deal with it. All i care is battery, stable, calling and whatsapp
Old 12-08-2013, 03:32 PM   #1290
Need my Daily Fix of RS

after i updated the os, my emails havent been syncing. anyone know how to fix this? i still have it on push, same settings as before etc.
jaywoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 10:30 AM   #1291
Glorious Gaming PC Master Race

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaywoo View Post
after i updated the os, my emails havent been syncing. anyone know how to fix this? i still have it on push, same settings as before etc.
gah. theres some stupid setting in the new Gmail client that requires you to select syncing. look through the gmail setting.
Old 12-30-2013, 02:54 AM   #1292

Changed back to 4.1.2 cleanrom 4.9 lol

Stable rom is what I want
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 12-30-2013, 11:36 AM   #1293
-Stare-

Thanked 8,013 Times in 648 Posts
How is everyone upgrading to 4.4?
Been using the Jedi rom and there's no upgrade as of now yet.
ShadowBun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 04:34 PM   #1294
RS controls my life!

anyone know how I can unroot my TELUS sgh i317m note 2 back to stock recovery? I rooted it, and it installed a custom recovery for me. The issue i am having is that I can no longer install OTA updates. Whenever I try to search for new updates, the phone says "the phone has been modified, cannot search for new updates"
Old 01-01-2014, 05:48 PM   #1295
Got MOD?

You'll need to download a stock ROM and flash over top.

Firmwares | SamMobile
My Feedback (50-0-0)

!MiKrofT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 06:09 PM   #1296
RS controls my life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by !MiKrofT View Post
You'll need to download a stock ROM and flash over top.

Firmwares | SamMobile
nvm found out how! thanks
Old 01-01-2014, 11:18 PM   #1297
RS controls my life!

i've tried numerous 4.4 kitkats. Haven't been overly pleased with any of them yet. I'll wait another month or 2 for development to work out some quirks.
Been running slimbean 4.3.1 for the last week and a half and all has been quite good
Old 01-02-2014, 01:21 AM   #1298
RS controls my life!

anyone else having battery drain issues with 4.3 update? phone drained down to 1% in less than 8 hours with same settings i had originally on 4.1
Old 01-02-2014, 01:21 AM   #1299
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck Luck View Post
i've tried numerous 4.4 kitkats. Haven't been overly pleased with any of them yet. I'll wait another month or 2 for development to work out some quirks.
Been running slimbean 4.3.1 for the last week and a half and all has been quite good
Don't be so rushed to update to 4.4. There are quite a few apps that still crash because they're not updated to 4.4
Ch28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 08:26 AM   #1300
RS controls my life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupraTTturbo2jz View Post
anyone else having battery drain issues with 4.3 update? phone drained down to 1% in less than 8 hours with same settings i had originally on 4.1

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...kelockdetector

will let you know whats keeping your phone from deep sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ch28 View Post
Don't be so rushed to update to 4.4. There are quite a few apps that still crash because they're not updated to 4.4
Ya, no rush. I'll stick with reliable and stable over cutting edge