REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Police Forum

Police Forum Police Head Mod: Skidmark
Questions & info about the Motor Vehicle Act. Mature discussion only.

Old 06-14-2012, 10:55 PM   #26
I am grateful grapefruit

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumAznGuy View Post
OP still doesn't think he did anything wrong and in fact is more pissed that he got a ticket.
I think that's one of the main issues here, is that the OP doesn't think he did anything wrong.

Maybe next time the OP drives an unfamiliar road, he will slow down. Just because the speed limit is 80, doesn't mean you need to drive 80.
Advertisement
Old 06-15-2012, 04:17 AM   #27
RS Peace Officer

Thanked 1,636 Times in 683 Posts
But does giving him a ticket for failure to keep right accomplish anything? OP still doesn't think he did anything wrong and in fact is more pissed that he got a ticket.

Maybe it accomplishes a job as a reminder to the OP that he actually did do wrong? He did do wrong ( according to the facts he gave us) , the fact that he refuses to accept that is even more reason to issue a VT. It may help motivate him to change his driving and his attitude. Anyone who crashes when they clearly did something wrong, and refuse to accept that they did wrong, needs more than a visit from the tooth fairy to help them change their opinions and their actions. I'm also hoping ICBC makes him pay for the costs too....another reminder that he was wrong. I don't want to pick up his tab.
zulutango is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-15-2012, 07:36 PM   #28
Marcosexual Fan Club, CEO

Quote:
Originally Posted by gars View Post
I think that's one of the main issues here, is that the OP doesn't think he did anything wrong.

Maybe next time the OP drives an unfamiliar road, he will slow down. Just because the speed limit is 80, doesn't mean you need to drive 80.
That's all we need. Some moron driving below the speed limit and holding everyone else back. The speed limit is set for the lowest common denominator as it is. I've never found the speed limit to be faster than what I deemed a safe speed, with the exception of inclement weather.

My theory is that the OP dozed off for a split second...probably because most drivers that I see that stick to speed limits are essentially functionally unconscious.
Old 06-15-2012, 09:51 PM   #29
I am grateful grapefruit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marco911 View Post
That's all we need. Some moron driving below the speed limit and holding everyone else back. The speed limit is set for the lowest common denominator as it is. I've never found the speed limit to be faster than what I deemed a safe speed, with the exception of inclement weather.

My theory is that the OP dozed off for a split second...probably because most drivers that I see that stick to speed limits are essentially functionally unconscious.
The sea-to-sky has sections where you should definitely not be driving the speed limit around some of the bends. They have safety speeds indicating speeds of 60 on quite a few of the windy bits. I can do it safely in my car, but I also know the limits of my summer tires, and I've driven that highway a million times. I can tell you that the average driver should not be going 80 on the sharpest bends on that highway, especially not at night.
Old 06-16-2012, 10:08 AM   #30
Oh goodie, 5 posts already!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumAznGuy View Post
Why should you avoid disputing your ticket even if you are guilty of whatever the charge is.............
And this is clearly what's wrong with people nowadays...no one wants to man up to their mistakes.

People would rather clog the system and waste everyone's time and money to get off on a technicality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulutango View Post
But does giving him a ticket for failure to keep right accomplish anything? OP still doesn't think he did anything wrong and in fact is more pissed that he got a ticket.

Maybe it accomplishes a job as a reminder to the OP that he actually did do wrong? He did do wrong ( according to the facts he gave us) , the fact that he refuses to accept that is even more reason to issue a VT. It may help motivate him to change his driving and his attitude. Anyone who crashes when they clearly did something wrong, and refuse to accept that they did wrong, needs more than a visit from the tooth fairy to help them change their opinions and their actions. I'm also hoping ICBC makes him pay for the costs too....another reminder that he was wrong. I don't want to pick up his tab.
I find people tend to care more if it hits them in the pocket book.

Off topic, but if you were one of those idiots rioting in Vancouver last year, would you rather pay the thousands, or tens of thousands of dollars in damages you caused, or spend 3 weeks in jail?

Unless you were born with a silver spoon in your mouth, I would say the majority would choose the later if given the choice.

Last edited by Transience; 06-16-2012 at 10:36 AM.
Transience is offline   Reply With Quote