REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Closed Thread

Old 10-24-2012, 07:16 AM   #3626
RS.net PIMP

Thanked 3,057 Times in 824 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by murd0c View Post
So the islanders are moving to Brooklyn in 2015
Yea great news for the stability of that franchise, Nassau arena was such a dump and a joke. The Barclays arena is located right by a huge transportation hub easily accessible by subway so that will help draw crowds, it's also only about 40min drive from their current arena.
Advertisement
Old 10-24-2012, 07:20 AM   #3627
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,581 Times in 4,297 Posts
Do you think they will change their name as well? The Brooklyn Islanders just doesn't have a good ring to it.
Old 10-24-2012, 07:25 AM   #3628
UFO
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

^probably not. Brooklyn is still on Long Island technically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthchilli View Post
I stand by my point. He does have a track record of questionable hits, but I still do not buy the "im out there to kill someone" theory.

I'd say it has more to do with being too "emotional" at certain times.

The only incident I remember off the top of my head is this one. Everyone talks about the Salo hit, that was just a bit too low for me. Given that, last year's shanahammer set the tone for a lot of missed calls, or at times, over judgement just to use certain players as an example.
I don't think Marchand hits with the intent to hurt/kill anybody either, he just doesn't think about the repercussions from the 'hits' he throws and that's why so many of them look questionable.

For the Salo clip, you can see Marchand going into the corner to play the puck, sees Salo coming then completely abandons the puck to go low and clip Salo. Sure maybe he was just trying to keep himself from getting pasted into the boards, but he clearly did not think about what would happen to the other guy by the way he went low.
Old 10-24-2012, 07:26 AM   #3629
RS.net PIMP

Thanked 3,057 Times in 824 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by murd0c View Post
Do you think they will change their name as well? The Brooklyn Islanders just doesn't have a good ring to it.
I doubt they change the name Islanders, just too much rich history behind that. I can see Wang making the change to Brooklyn from New York though to capitalize on marketing, hipsters will virtually buy anything with Brooklyn on it over there.

But there really isn't any need, technically Long Island is made up of 4 counties, the borough Brooklyn being one of them and they still are in NY State, so the name NY Islanders still makes sense for a team in Brooklyn.
Old 10-24-2012, 08:26 AM   #3630
Rs has made me the man i am today!

No new talks happening

Quote:

DARREN DREGER WITH TSN.CA STAFF

Unless one side has a sudden change of heart, it appears collective bargaining agreement discussions between the NHL and the NHL Players' Association have reached a stalemate.

No meetings are scheduled and it doesn't appear as if there will be any scheduled in the immediate future.

NHL Deputy Commissioner Bill Daly sees little reason to continue negotiations based on the Players' Association's recent stance.

"They have made it clear to us that they have very little interest in the proposal we made last Tuesday," said Daly. "They also told us they have no intention of making a new proposal. I'm not sure what we would be meeting about."

When asked if the negotiations may slip into a deep freeze, Daly responded in a brief but very telling manner. "I suspect so," he said. "Back to the drawing board. Unfortunate."

NHLPA counsel Steve Fehr responded to the league's comments.

"The league is apparently unwilling to meet," said Fehr. "That is unfortunate, as it is hard to make progress without talking."

Late Tuesday afternoon, the NHLPA conducted a conference call for executive board members and according to a union spokesman, following the call, the players informed the NHL they are willing to meet at any point, without preconditions, to try and reach an agreement.
Old 10-24-2012, 12:11 PM   #3631
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

I heard that the Barclay's arena currently only seats 14,000 for hockey and they will reconfigure it to seat 15,000 once the Islanders move in. Those seem like some incredibly low numbers to me.
Old 10-24-2012, 12:19 PM   #3632
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Biznasty gets punked at biosteel camp

Old 10-24-2012, 01:01 PM   #3633
kwy
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,715 Times in 595 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 604STIG View Post
I heard that the Barclay's arena currently only seats 14,000 for hockey and they will reconfigure it to seat 15,000 once the Islanders move in. Those seem like some incredibly low numbers to me.
The Islanders will be lucky if they even fill half of those seats anyway.
This post thanked by:
Old 10-24-2012, 03:18 PM   #3634
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,322 Times in 5,640 Posts
one of the head PR guys at biosteel lost $50 to me on another forum, i bet him the nucks would get to the cup finals in 2010, made the bet in september

:fuckya:
Old 10-24-2012, 03:43 PM   #3635
I'm better than you.

Thanked 3,087 Times in 658 Posts
Brooklyn Bugs Bunny's

'14 Toyota Yaris [Work Daily]
'89 Toyota Cressida MX83 [Collector's status]
'15 Honda Ruckus [Summer cruiser]
'96 Toyota Hilux Surf KZN185 [Weekend Warrior]

Buy & Sell Ratings!
Old 10-25-2012, 09:46 AM   #3636
Big Drama Show

Thanked 3,080 Times in 1,195 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
one of the head PR guys at biosteel lost $50 to me on another forum, i bet him the nucks would get to the cup finals in 2010, made the bet in september

:fuckya:
too bad they made the finals in 2011
Old 10-25-2012, 10:46 AM   #3637
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,322 Times in 5,640 Posts
Either way it paid lol
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 10-25-2012, 02:41 PM   #3638
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,121 Times in 531 Posts

So sad but true.

FUCKING BETTMAN.
Old 10-25-2012, 02:48 PM   #3639
Work hard, Play Hard - Wiz

Thanked 2,011 Times in 368 Posts
^^ I don't see it being Bettman's fault for no season.
Old 10-25-2012, 03:11 PM   #3640
Rs has made me the man i am today!

More CBA News

Quote:

TSN.CA STAFF WITH ESPN.COM FILES

The National Hockey League will withdraw its latest CBA proposal to the NHL Players' Association once Thursday's deadline to finalize a new deal passes.

There were no talks held between both sides on Thursday and none have been held since last week's NHL proposal and counter-proposals from the NHLPA.

"When we delivered the proposal last Tuesday, we told them it would be on the table through today," NHL deputy commissioner Bill Daly told TSN Hockey Insider Pierre LeBrun on ESPN.com Thursday afternoon. "Having not reached agreement through today, I expect that we'll formally notify the union Friday that the proposal is no longer on the table. We're going to take it back internally and figure out where we go from here."

Daly also emphasized that he was not threatening the players in any way, but underlying what the league had already told the the NHLPA last Tuesday when it delivered the proposal.

"This proposal no longer works because it was a proposal to save 82 games," Daly said. "We have to re-think where we are, and what type of season we're looking at, and we have to formulate and construct a proposal that makes sense for the reality of where we are."

NHLPA executive director Donald Fehr was not surprised by the league's statement on withdrawing the offer.

"This is a standard approach, I think it was done in the NBA in the same way," Fehr told TSN Hockey Insider Pierre LeBrun on ESPN.com. "Review the history here: they make a proposal, it's essentially a take it or leave it, we respond on the core economics, they take 10 minutes and say no. They tell all the players if we're agreeable to everything except the Make Whole (provision) including all the stuff that's in there, I can give Gary a telephone call. And then we have made several efforts, including yesterday, to say we're prepared to sit down and negotiate with no pre-conditions. They essentially said No. It takes two to negotiate. They seem to be really good at imposing deadlines and issuing ultimatums and having lockouts. It seems to be something they're well-practised at."

While Daly did not offer specifics, the NHL is expected to cancel games for the rest of November on Friday. The league cancelled regular season games from Oct. 25 throught Nov. 1 last week, wiping out 135 games in total.

"Obviously those decisions are imminent and we're going to have to do what we have to do," he said.
Old 10-25-2012, 03:14 PM   #3641
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Thanked 11,196 Times in 2,276 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 604778 View Post
^^ I don't see it being Bettman's fault for no season.
His southern US hockey expansion has made him the BITCH he is. simple. He plays favorites with owners and simply has put the certain teams in terrible economic shape even with the revenue growth over the past 8 years.

The PA, everyone can see their reasoning, and its an ideology to them.

Its gonna be a long long winter
Old 10-26-2012, 01:06 PM   #3642
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

You can debate how much influence Bettman has, but if the owners didn’t want a lockout, there wouldn’t be one, even if he were pushing for it.
Old 10-26-2012, 01:10 PM   #3643
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Old 10-26-2012, 02:38 PM   #3644
MOD

Thanked 7,553 Times in 1,957 Posts
The NHL, who cancelled games through through November 30th earlier today, will also announce the cancellation of both the Winter Classic and All-Star game next week, according to John Buccigross.

The Winter Classic was scheduled to take place on January 1st, 2013 between the Toronto Maple Leafs and Detroit Red Wings at the "Big House" in Michigan, while the All-Star game was to be held in Columbus on January 27th.

Report: NHL to cancel Winter Classic and All-Star Game | The Score

Gh0stRider's Buy & Sell Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieH View Post
whole time i thought gh0strider was white lol

Old 10-26-2012, 05:57 PM   #3645
kwy
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,715 Times in 595 Posts
fuckin unreal. someone suck it up so the fans can watch hockey.
Old 10-26-2012, 06:33 PM   #3646
Big Drama Show

Thanked 3,080 Times in 1,195 Posts
Fucksakes
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 10-26-2012, 08:36 PM   #3647
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

someone cancel the season already so people can hope for something else...i hate this stupid waiting game...i want to win nao!
Old 10-26-2012, 09:21 PM   #3648
mb_
WUB WUB WUB WUB WUB

Thanked 7,010 Times in 1,890 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKam View Post
"maybe quebec soon"

No more Phoenix?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowguy View Post
fuck you hipster
Quote:
Originally Posted by trollguy View Post
then fuck you hipster akinari
Quote:
[23-05, 11:34] FastAnna suck a dick ygay
Old 10-27-2012, 12:10 PM   #3649
MOD

Thanked 7,553 Times in 1,957 Posts
Mason Raymond is signing autographs at Marks Work Warehouse on West 4th from 2-4 today!

He will be there with the Virgin Radio Flight Crew.

Gh0stRider's Buy & Sell Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieH View Post
whole time i thought gh0strider was white lol

Old 10-27-2012, 12:41 PM   #3650
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

my friend had mason raymond autograph my canucks hat

ruined a good hat
This post thanked by:
Closed Thread