REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Closed Thread

Old 11-07-2012, 12:26 PM   #3726
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,319 Times in 5,638 Posts
Who doesn't have a linden signed peice? :/
Posted via RS Mobile
Advertisement
Old 11-07-2012, 12:29 PM   #3727
Need to Seek Professional Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKam View Post
go to the hockey shop by Surrey central. They have Luongo jerseys for 50% off, I think it was like $75+tax. If anything you can unstitch the name/number and still be ahead.
Thanks! i actually want a Luongo jersey
Old 11-07-2012, 12:51 PM   #3728
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hi_Im_Mike View Post
Thanks! i actually want a Luongo jersey
They are on the clearance rack, last I saw (2 weeks ago) there was a S, M and XXL. Can't remember if it was 3rd or home though.
Old 11-07-2012, 01:54 PM   #3729

Thanked 2,558 Times in 925 Posts
LOL what's the point having an autograph on a piece of paper if its not on your favorite personal item.

Can we buy $75 worth of item and return it next day?
Old 11-07-2012, 03:14 PM   #3730
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
Bure battled injuries to display elite offensive skills - NHL.com - Hall of Fame

Great article on Bure and all the reasons why his entry into the HHOF is well deserved
Old 11-07-2012, 06:59 PM   #3731
Summertime Sadness

Thanked 2,911 Times in 648 Posts
not sure if tired of lockout or just tired of being flames fan

via james duthies twitter https://twitter.com/tsnjamesduthie/s...251200/photo/1

[15-01, 11:33] ICE BOY i'm going to wrap my dick in a crepe and make you suck the filling

[[09-10, 11:34] ICE BOY liquor in the front, poker in the rear
This post thanked by:
Old 11-07-2012, 07:11 PM   #3732
Waxin’ Punks

Thanked 6,041 Times in 2,076 Posts
Bure

Thankful I got to see that type of talent in person a handful of times. Don't think another like him will come our way, ever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
punkwax, I don't care what your friends say about you, you are gold!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
What do your farts sound like then?
Old 11-07-2012, 07:46 PM   #3733
MOD

Thanked 7,553 Times in 1,957 Posts
Free ice skating & meet Trevor Linden at Yaletown Candytown - Vancouver Newest Christmas Festival – Nov. 23 – 24th

Quote:
NHL star Trevor Linden will make an appearance on Saturday November 24th from 12pm – 3pm, participating in skating activities and signing autographs for fans. The public can sign up for the opportunity to skate with Trevor Linden by visiting Scotiabank Yaletown to enter the draw and will also have the chance to win a signed Trevor Linden hockey jersey.

Gh0stRider's Buy & Sell Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieH View Post
whole time i thought gh0strider was white lol

Old 11-07-2012, 09:20 PM   #3734
I want to be a person and not an icon.

Thanked 5,286 Times in 892 Posts
Heard on twitter, Facebook and interwebs that there might be a deal done by this weekend.

Lets hope so!
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 11-07-2012, 09:42 PM   #3735
Ebisu Boss

Thanked 1,889 Times in 705 Posts
Canucks finally decide to retire The Russian Rockets #10
Canucks owner set to retire Bure

OMG it's about damn time!
Posted via RS Mobile
This post thanked by:
Old 11-07-2012, 09:50 PM   #3736
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Thanked 1,563 Times in 171 Posts
Glad we honored him in some way before Florida
Old 11-07-2012, 10:03 PM   #3737
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Nice. Just got "10" stitched on my jersey
Old 11-07-2012, 11:54 PM   #3738
Big Drama Show

Thanked 3,080 Times in 1,195 Posts
Quote:
Vancouver Canucks owner Francesco Aquilini will travel across the continent this weekend for what is expected to be a historic dinner with Pavel Bure.

There, he will outline the organization’s plan to honour the Hall of Fame inductee and the most electrifying player in Canucks history.

Those close to Bure believe he will be told during supper on Saturday that the Canucks will give him equal status to the three guys who have had their jerseys retired before him.

“Francesco called him with some really good news,” said Gino Odjick, who is in Florida with Bure, his life-long friend. “He is extremely happy about it.

“It was touching, to have an owner that’s involved and recognizes he’s the first player with the Canucks to enter the Hall of Fame.

“For him to fly from Vancouver makes this a really great week, I tell you.

“Francesco has been talking about [retiring his jersey] for quite a while.

“I don’t see it not happening.”

If Odjick is right — and that’s a long way for Aquilini to travel to disappoint Bure if he’s not — it’s sure to end a remorseless debate, unifying the fan base once and for all in celebrating its greatest-ever pure goal scorer.

Yeah, right.

Bure has long been one of the most divisive Canucks. If the Hall of Fame can’t muzzle his critics, having his banner in the rafters won’t either.

For some, being the most talented player in team history will never be enough. Bure will never be lovable enough. There weren’t enough community photo-ops. He was a private man who struggled to be comfortable in public, especially with fans. There was the unverified, and vehemently denied, story that Bure threatened a holdout during the run to the Cup final in 1994 because of contract demands.

And when he felt mistreated, and lied to, he wanted to leave. He was vilified for it, and continues to be, because he was unwilling to play the part of obedient lap dog.

“Teams trade players all the time, so is it such a sin for someone to ask to get moved?” Odjick said. “I don’t think so.

“At the end, when he asked for a trade, the writing was on the wall. The new regime had taken over with Mark Messier and before that Mike Keenan. Martin Gelinas got traded. Trevor Linden got traded. Russ Courtnall was gone. Everyone was gone.

“He was the last one left. His family had been torn apart and the team had gone in another direction.”

In June, Pat Quinn took on Bure’s critics after he announced the induction into the Hockey Hall of Fame. Quinn defended Bure’s character and urged Vancouver to honour him properly.

“If the Canucks are wise at all, they would have him come out and ask him to be there,” Quinn said then.

“If you’re going to recognize anybody, you probably should recognize the most electrifying player we’ve ever had in uniform.”

When the Canucks retired Markus Naslund’s number, much was made of the high set of criteria they had set internally for retiring a number. Naslund met the standard by combining his great skill on the ice with a devotion to community service.

For the Canucks to Hang 10, they will need to make an exception for their only Hall of Famer, because all of Bure’s accomplishments were on the ice.

“In Vancouver is where he was at his best,” Odjick said. “There were a few years where he was the most exciting player in hockey.

“He was something special. You just never saw people with that speed and that courage.”

Invitations to join Vancouver’s Ring of Honour have been unappealing to Bure, loath to accept a lesser status than Linden. And it would have looked ridiculous to see Bure’s name there after he is inducted into the Hockey Hall of Fame on Monday.

Odjick will be at Bure’s side in Toronto for Monday’s ceremony. The two were instant friends, playing on the same fourth line together in Bure’s first game. Odjick often jokes they hit it off despite a language barrier because they loved to chase women. But the friendship became much deeper.

“I can remember the books I would see him reading, things like the history of Russia,” Odjick recalled. “I could relate because I always liked to read about great chiefs.

“He was proud of his history. I was extremely proud of being First Nations and where I was from. There were things in common with us even before words were ever spoken.”

“After the first road trip, we asked for adjoining rooms [Bure roomed with Igor Larionov]. It was special. We spoke about things in private and they always stayed private. I never had a brother growing up. He was here alone. We basically became brothers over the years.

“We knew with the connection we made, it was going to last the rest of our lives.”

Odjick still marvels at Bure’s fitness.

“Nobody has ever matched his V02, his flexibility and his power. It was simply amazing,” Odjick said. “There wasn’t one muscle he didn’t work on. It was twice a day, six days a week.

“He could run forever, but he was built for speed. Vladimir (Bure’s father and the Canucks’ fitness consultant) used to always time us in the 100-metre and 200-metre run. One time, Pavel ran at UBC and he timed him at 10 seconds flat in the 100 metres. At that time, it was world class.

“It made him a superstar.”

It’s about time he was honoured like one.
about fucking time
Old 11-08-2012, 04:39 AM   #3739
mb_
WUB WUB WUB WUB WUB

Thanked 7,009 Times in 1,889 Posts
Best NHL news so far this season!

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowguy View Post
fuck you hipster
Quote:
Originally Posted by trollguy View Post
then fuck you hipster akinari
Quote:
[23-05, 11:34] FastAnna suck a dick ygay
Old 11-08-2012, 07:12 AM   #3740
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,319 Times in 5,638 Posts
Now take down Smyl's and your a little closer to respectability
Posted via RS Mobile
This post thanked by:
Old 11-08-2012, 07:50 AM   #3741

Thanked 7,171 Times in 2,404 Posts
10 sec 100m holy shit.
2010 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6 - Wifey's Daily Driver
2009 BMW 128i - Daily Driver
2007 Toyota Rav4 Sport V6 - Sold
1999 Mazda Miata - Sold
2003 Mazda Protege5 - Sold
1987 BMW 325is - Sold
1990 Mazda Miata - Sold

100% Buy and Sell Feedback
Old 11-08-2012, 08:03 AM   #3742
Orgasm Donor & Alatar owned my ass twice!

Thanked 4,387 Times in 1,145 Posts

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) hi there
(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・$$$$$゜゜・。*。・゜*✧ .

xxx~*…like dis post if u cry evry time…~*xxx
This post thanked by:
Old 11-08-2012, 08:50 AM   #3743
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,060 Times in 1,180 Posts
I find it funny how Odjick & Bure (an enforcer, and a HOF scoring machine) are best buddies.

Meanwhile, Linden is making a LOT of appearances lately. Today he's driving a taxi:

Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi

Last edited by Gumby; 11-08-2012 at 09:02 AM.
Old 11-08-2012, 09:37 AM   #3744
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,581 Times in 4,297 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumby View Post
I find it funny how Odjick & Bure (an enforcer, and a HOF scoring machine) are best buddies.
thats very common since Gino took care of him when he first came here from Russia so they have that bond. You have to remember back then the enforcer was always on the line with the all star player to protect him.
This post thanked by:
Old 11-08-2012, 11:45 AM   #3745
degenerate extraordinaire

Especially with a guy like Bure, who was relatively small, and people just wanted to find ways to stop him.

On his line, you needed an enforcer to defend him, and a all-around player to help compensate for his weak defense lol.
He would step out of his freshly downtown autospa detailed 996 C4s, check out his own reflection in the driverside window out of habit, take off his brand new limited edition D&G aviator sunglasses so the mf can see the fury in his eyes, sashay over to the other guy and then threaten to insert his black leather Savatore Ferragamo loafers into the guys rear-end.
Old 11-08-2012, 03:54 PM   #3746
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,382 Times in 416 Posts
any word on the line up at the bay?
Old 11-08-2012, 06:31 PM   #3747
Ebisu Boss

Thanked 1,889 Times in 705 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikkaku View Post
Especially with a guy like Bure, who was relatively small, and people just wanted to find ways to stop him.

On his line, you needed an enforcer to defend him, and a all-around player to help compensate for his weak defense lol.
Bure's defense wasn't as bad as everyone makes it out to be, it's just that he has such an incredibly explosive first step that he's out of the defensive zone before most people can even react.

I find it pretty sad on the Canucks part that it took a Hall of Fame induction before realizing "oh damn Bure was pretty damn good for us" ...
Old 11-08-2012, 06:44 PM   #3748
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Thanked 11,193 Times in 2,275 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanHibiki View Post
I will one up this with something from TT's worst enemy

Old 11-08-2012, 07:13 PM   #3749

Thanked 3,488 Times in 1,687 Posts
Big thumbs up to Aquilini to travel to Florida to let Bure know about the Canucks plan to retire his jersey:

-some video clips of some of Bure's career highlights.

His stick to skate goal:

-Here's a clip of the Bure elbow on Churla. The mother of all elbows. Don't mess with the Russian Rocket!

Old 11-08-2012, 07:40 PM   #3750
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,809 Times in 8,186 Posts
So will they retire both numbers?
This post FAILED by:
Closed Thread