REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Closed Thread

Old 01-09-2013, 08:09 PM   #4676
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeedee View Post
It's been rumored that Bryzgalov is staying in Russia and won't come back to Philly.

No point in trying to trade him if he won't ever come back to North America--might as well buy him out
Doubt it. Ilya Bryzgalov leaving KHL team but why remains unclear - CBSSports.com

Bryzgalov was playing terribly for CSKA and became the backup. He got pissed off and decided he wasn't going to dress as the back up. He later left the team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BethesdaSkyrim View Post
Alex Hemsky, Ryan Nugent Hopkins, Jordan Eberle & Dubnyk for Luongo, Schroeder & Edler
Timmonen, Hartnell & Simmonds for Luongo, Edler & Raymond
Weiss, Bjugstad & Jovanaski for Luongo, Tanev & Shroeder
Patrike Kane, Marion Hossa & Brian Campbell for Luongo, Edler, Gaunce & 1st 2013
Phil Kessel, Jake Gardiner, Dion Phaneuf & Tyler Bozak for Luongo, Kesler, Ballard, Raymond
I don't think these trades would've even gone through in NHL 13, let alone real life.
Advertisement
Old 01-09-2013, 08:11 PM   #4677
mb_
WUB WUB WUB WUB WUB

Thanked 7,009 Times in 1,889 Posts
PHILLY, GIVE US GIROUX!

In all seriousness, seems like no one is willing to pay for Luongo lol. I'd be fine with Sean Coturier

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowguy View Post
fuck you hipster
Quote:
Originally Posted by trollguy View Post
then fuck you hipster akinari
Quote:
[23-05, 11:34] FastAnna suck a dick ygay
Old 01-09-2013, 08:12 PM   #4678
MOD

Thanked 7,553 Times in 1,957 Posts
Quote:
Patrike Kane, Marion Hossa

Gh0stRider's Buy & Sell Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieH View Post
whole time i thought gh0strider was white lol

This post thanked by:
Old 01-09-2013, 08:12 PM   #4679
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,312 Times in 5,633 Posts
Bryz is already back in phi...

I know some of you guys might have been out of the loop but some of the stuff on the last few pages seems like trolling its so bad lol
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 01-09-2013, 08:41 PM   #4680
Big Drama Show

Thanked 3,080 Times in 1,195 Posts
Quote:
Alex Hemsky, Ryan Nugent Hopkins, Jordan Eberle & Dubnyk for Luongo, Schroeder & Edler
Patrike Kane, Marion Hossa & Brian Campbell for Luongo, Edler, Gaunce & 1st 2013
Phil Kessel, Jake Gardiner, Dion Phaneuf & Tyler Bozak for Luongo, Kesler, Ballard, Raymond
get the fuck out, phaggot
Old 01-09-2013, 09:05 PM   #4681
Work hard, Play Hard - Wiz

Thanked 2,011 Times in 368 Posts
Lol found this on twitter..

Spoiler!
Old 01-09-2013, 09:07 PM   #4682
Mod.

Thanked 1,769 Times in 684 Posts
Quote:
I'm guessing, but theres NO FUCKING WAY Gillis is gonna trade Edler to ANYONE, unless it's that good of a deal coming back. The guy has been groomed to be our #1 d-man, and will be signed to an extension asap
97 Civic CX (POS)

Old 01-09-2013, 09:08 PM   #4683
2013, 2016, 2017 & 2018 NHL Fantasy RS1 Champion

Thanked 1,245 Times in 575 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 604778 View Post

Spoiler!
Old 01-09-2013, 09:10 PM   #4684
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Thanked 11,193 Times in 2,275 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 604778 View Post

Spoiler!
Luongo better have seen this and make some smart ass remark hahaha
Old 01-09-2013, 09:17 PM   #4685
rsx
Lomac owned my ass at least once

Thanked 3,463 Times in 820 Posts
Luongo is traded to Toronto (all the signs seem to be pointing this way) for Tyler Bozak and Nazem Kadri. According to Botchford, Burke hasn’t been the point-man on the Luongo trade talks (likely his right-hand man Dave Nonis, who now may walk into another GM position after Burke is fired from the post).
-dobber
Old 01-09-2013, 09:40 PM   #4686
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge

Thanked 6,308 Times in 1,776 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsx View Post
Luongo is traded to Toronto (all the signs seem to be pointing this way) for Tyler Bozak and Nazem Kadri. According to Botchford, Burke hasn’t been the point-man on the Luongo trade talks (likely his right-hand man Dave Nonis, who now may walk into another GM position after Burke is fired from the post).
-dobber
Bozak and Kadri?

My FeedBack 53-0-0
Old 01-09-2013, 09:42 PM   #4687
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Thanked 11,193 Times in 2,275 Posts
Botch is clearly a reliable source
Old 01-09-2013, 09:42 PM   #4688
I'm better than you.

Thanked 3,087 Times in 658 Posts
Quote:
you hate edler or what

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsx View Post
-dobber
i hope not.

'14 Toyota Yaris [Work Daily]
'89 Toyota Cressida MX83 [Collector's status]
'15 Honda Ruckus [Summer cruiser]
'96 Toyota Hilux Surf KZN185 [Weekend Warrior]

Buy & Sell Ratings!
Old 01-09-2013, 09:53 PM   #4689
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Quote:
Yeah cause Oilers would throw away their first round picks like that. And no way in hell would Gillis trade with Oilers if it made them a more contending team (same div, come on).

Quote:
Sorry, who? And Brian Campbell plays for florida not the blackhawks.
Old 01-09-2013, 10:07 PM   #4690
UFO

Quote:
Hartnell. He's got chemistry with Giroux.
I think Giroux can play and have chemistry with pretty much anybody. He resurrected Jagr too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blah_Teggie View Post
Oh didn't know that. Ok, so what's stopping the Canucks from buying out Luongo's contract then?
The fact that the Canucks don't really have anything to gain. Even getting a draft pick in return for Luongo would be better than plainly buying him out. In Philly's case, they have a goalie they want to dump and a goalie they speculatively want to acquire. But they have buy one out to make space for the other. Bryzgalov can't get bought out until this offseason at the earliest anyways so in a sense his time in Philly isn't done yet, he can still earn his job back even if Lu goes to the Flyers this season.

Quote:
Good to know Gillis isn't asking for trash like Bozak and Kadri
That may have been the 'deal' that him and Burke made during the lockout. With the new CBA allowing for contract buyouts, Luongo can basically have a 2 year tryout with a rich team. If he doesn't perform up to standards then the team can buy him out and there will be no cap hit for the remaining 8+ years. So his contract length is much less relevant as long as your team has the money to buy his contract out. This increases Lu's trade value, and it sounds like Gillis has also increased his asking price to reflect this, doesn't surprise me at all. Maybe this cost Burke his job, he wasn't willing to consider the increased price and the Leafs wanted to?

Teams are allowed 2 compliance buyouts in total by the end of the 2014 offseason and aren't allowed to re-sign or trade to get back the bought out player for at least 1 year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by !Nhan View Post
I'm guessing, but theres NO FUCKING WAY Gillis is gonna trade Edler to ANYONE, unless it's that good of a deal coming back. The guy has been groomed to be our #1 d-man, and will be signed to an extension asap
I think Gillis wants to get Edler signed, but Edler wants #1 d-man money 5-6M/yr and I don't think he has shown that he can perform at that level consistently yet, nor am I convinced he will get there with his nagging injury. I don't believe Gillis is willing go over his 4.6M cap hit for d-men, and I doubt that he is willing to give Edler the max 8 year extension to spread out the cap hit. There is some GM out there who will offer fair current value for Edler and I think MG would give it a fair look if Edler wants the big money right now.

Last edited by UFO; 01-09-2013 at 10:12 PM.
Old 01-09-2013, 10:10 PM   #4691
Mod.

Thanked 1,769 Times in 684 Posts
yeah his play was down last season a bit, but there is no doubt in my mind gillis wants to keep him here. most likely at the same pay as the most recent signings. seems to be a trend among dmen
97 Civic CX (POS)

Old 01-09-2013, 10:19 PM   #4692
UFO

So its up to Edler to decide whether he'll stay for 4.6M/yr over 4 or 5 years. Anything longer than 5 years without a huge breakout season this year, MG is taking a pretty big risk IMO.

I can see some team offering him 5-6M/yr long term this offseason with UFA though. So maybe the few paycheques the Canucks gave Edler during the lockout will be a deciding factor.
Old 01-09-2013, 10:31 PM   #4693
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

All I'm saying is IMO, Philly is taking a step backwards by acquiring Lu and dumping Bryz. Tell me again, how many playoff games did Lu win this past playoffs? Oh right, 0. Bryz sucked ass and he still managed to win 5 out of 11. I'm not actually NOT a Bryz fan. I just don't feel it's fair everybody is dumping on him cuz he had one bad season. And you can't tell me missing Pronger for 69 games last year didn't hurt Bryz. BB got 4 years in TO before they canned him, I'm sure Bryz is worth at least 2.
This post FAILED by:
Old 01-09-2013, 11:28 PM   #4694

Thanked 5,474 Times in 2,095 Posts
Quote:
All I'm saying is IMO, Philly is taking a step backwards by acquiring Lu and dumping Bryz. Tell me again, how many playoff games did Lu win this past playoffs? Oh right, 0. Bryz sucked ass and he still managed to win 5 out of 11.
If you wanna talk playoff numbers, enlighten me with Bryzgalov's 2010-2011 record in the playoffs.

Oh right. 0 wins.

Luongos in 10/11? 15 wins, 1 away from the cup.

Oh, is this the same Bryzgalov that managed "to win 5 out of 11" last season? BRB, letting in 37 goals.

Luongo would be an upgrade over Bryzgalov. Oh and get this, Bryzgalov was paid 10M last season. Getting paid to let in 37 goals in 11 playoff games. Nice.

For a guy who "isn't a Bryzgalov fan", you sure seem like one
Old 01-09-2013, 11:58 PM   #4695
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Quote:
If you wanna talk playoff numbers, enlighten me with Bryzgalov's 2010-2011 record in the playoffs.

Oh right. 0 wins.

Luongos in 10/11? 15 wins, 1 away from the cup.

Oh, is this the same Bryzgalov that managed "to win 5 out of 11" last season? BRB, letting in 37 goals.

Luongo would be an upgrade over Bryzgalov. Oh and get this, Bryzgalov was paid 10M last season. Getting paid to let in 37 goals in 11 playoff games. Nice.

For a guy who "isn't a Bryzgalov fan", you sure seem like one
You're only as good as your last season. If you're gonna bring up numbers from last playoffs, you should bring up Lu's numbers too then
Bryz 11-12 playoffs 3.46 GAA .887 SV%
Luongo 11-12 playoffs 3.59 .891 SV%
I'm not saying Bryz was stellar by any means but Lu was just as bad. And you keep overlooking the fact the Flyers were without their best Dman for 69 games plus the entire playoffs leaving them with the likes of Timonen, Carle, Meszaros, Coburn etc. I'm not a Bryz fan, but he does give really funny interviews with his high pitched voice but other than that I can give a shit bout him.
This post FAILED by:
Old 01-10-2013, 02:42 AM   #4696

gp70 g9 a53 pts62 pim14 +/- −23

i guess his last season was mediocre so he can only be forever known as a mediocre player.
its too bad he will always be known as a mediocre player as players can only be as good as their last year,
Spoiler!

seriously though bryz hasnt played good since phx, a team with a great system that has made others like mike smith look great. hes fucked in the head and philly wants nothing to do that or his cap hit

Last edited by dbaz; 01-10-2013 at 05:03 AM.
Old 01-10-2013, 04:46 AM   #4697
UFO

Quote:
You're only as good as your last season. If you're gonna bring up numbers from last playoffs, you should bring up Lu's numbers too then
Hard to call Lu's 2 games played an accurate sample no?

The way I see it Bryz is a bit of a headcase, you never really know what you'll get with him playing. It's irrelevant he made 10M last season, his caphit is 5.7M and ends the same time Lu's does.

As much as we make of the goalie graveyard in Van, does Philly really have it any better?
Old 01-10-2013, 05:15 AM   #4698
I'm better than you.

Thanked 3,087 Times in 658 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by UFO View Post
So its up to Edler to decide whether he'll stay for 4.6M/yr over 4 or 5 years. Anything longer than 5 years without a huge breakout season this year, MG is taking a pretty big risk IMO.

I can see some team offering him 5-6M/yr long term this offseason with UFA though. So maybe the few paycheques the Canucks gave Edler during the lockout will be a deciding factor.
iirc if edler is making roughly 3M atm, if he stays HERE he'll probably get 6M. if he entertained offers from other teams, i could see him commanding an easy 7 or 8. with how money and contracts are recklessly being thrown around, 8M wouldn't surprise me. i mean fuck, calgary signed dennis wideman for like 5.5M

'14 Toyota Yaris [Work Daily]
'89 Toyota Cressida MX83 [Collector's status]
'15 Honda Ruckus [Summer cruiser]
'96 Toyota Hilux Surf KZN185 [Weekend Warrior]

Buy & Sell Ratings!
Old 01-10-2013, 05:21 AM   #4699
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

Quote:
I'm not saying Bryz was stellar by any means but Lu was just as bad. And you keep overlooking the fact the Flyers were without their best Dman for 69 games plus the entire playoffs leaving them with the likes of Timonen, Carle, Meszaros, Coburn etc. I'm not a Bryz fan, but he does give really funny interviews with his high pitched voice but other than that I can give a shit bout him.
LOL you're really going to compare numbers between an 11 game sample vs a miniscule 2 game sample? if daniel sedin was playing those 2 games we may have won 1 maybe both of the games that lu started. like everyone else said, lu is an upgrade over bryz.
Old 01-10-2013, 05:22 AM   #4700
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,808 Times in 8,185 Posts
If the Philly rumors are true..

If Vancouver is a Goalie Graveyard, then Philly is a Goalie Gongshow
Closed Thread