REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Closed Thread

Old 06-26-2012, 08:58 PM   #751

Thanked 5,474 Times in 2,095 Posts
With the cap going up to potentially 70M, 4.5 is a steal for Doan IMO

Considering someone like DAVID JONES got 4M/y with Colorado..
Advertisement
Old 06-26-2012, 09:03 PM   #752
what manner of phaggotry is this

Thanked 5,473 Times in 1,814 Posts
i may be a minority here but i dont think bure belongs in the HOF and definitely shouldn't have his number retired by the canucks. he had a couple good and exciting seasons for the canucks but he didnt play his career here or really even leave a huge legacy aside from being "exciting". aside from one World Jrs, he hasnt won anything, holds no meaningful NHL records, and any international records he holds are essentially most goals in one game.

IMO the only number that should be in the rafters is 16 simply because Trevor IS Mr Canuck. maaaybe 12 because hes been with the organization for 35 years. but definitely not 19. at best they should be 'honored numbers' or in the canucks case, the ring of fire, but not retired.

a retired number should be reserved mainly for a player who has a combination of being a guarantee for the HOF, holds a good amount of team and league records or awards, displayed outstanding loyalty to the team, won when it matters, and is considered one of the few best players in all of hockey. not just a guy who captained the team for a few years or scored a couple goals.

look at the avalanche for a good example, they retired sakic, forsberg, roy, and bourque (who shouldn't have been retired by colorado imo). 4 of the top teir best players in hockey of all time.
This post FAILED by:
Old 06-26-2012, 09:03 PM   #753
mb_
WUB WUB WUB WUB WUB

Thanked 7,010 Times in 1,890 Posts
If Gillis does send Luongo to Florida.. I would laugh so hard if he can somehow get Bjugstad AND Huberdeau

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowguy View Post
fuck you hipster
Quote:
Originally Posted by trollguy View Post
then fuck you hipster akinari
Quote:
[23-05, 11:34] FastAnna suck a dick ygay
Old 06-26-2012, 09:15 PM   #754

Thanked 5,474 Times in 2,095 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb_ View Post
If Gillis does send Luongo to Florida.. I would laugh so hard if he can somehow get Bjugstad AND Huberdeau
Lol not happening bud

We'd be lucky to even get one of Gudbranson, Bjugstad or Huberdeau
Old 06-26-2012, 09:34 PM   #755
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,816 Times in 8,190 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeedee View Post
Lol not happening bud

Yes but this is a Vancouver/Florida trade
This post thanked by:
Old 06-26-2012, 10:02 PM   #756
mb_
WUB WUB WUB WUB WUB

Thanked 7,010 Times in 1,890 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeedee View Post
Lol not happening bud

Dreaming

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowguy View Post
fuck you hipster
Quote:
Originally Posted by trollguy View Post
then fuck you hipster akinari
Quote:
[23-05, 11:34] FastAnna suck a dick ygay
Old 06-26-2012, 10:03 PM   #757
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 3,855 Times in 889 Posts
send ballard back to florida... lol
Old 06-26-2012, 10:37 PM   #758
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Quote:
Originally Posted by pastarocket View Post
Do you think the Canucks should retire Bure's jersey?

I think management should seriously consider retiring no. 10 in the rafters of Rogers Arena. Pavel is one of the most exciting players in the Canucks history. -one of the NHL's most offensively skilled players who brought fans out of their seats. -drafted as a Canuck.

His days as a Canuck were his best years. Retire the Russian Rocket!
I believe they should but I know the Canucks won't. They offered to induct him into the ROH during 2010-2011 in favor of Snepsts/Gradin. They had some of the products designed (ex. ROH pins) but they never went into production because Pavel declined their invitation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRxtar View Post
i may be a minority here but i dont think bure belongs in the HOF and definitely shouldn't have his number retired by the canucks. he had a couple good and exciting seasons for the canucks but he didnt play his career here or really even leave a huge legacy aside from being "exciting". aside from one World Jrs, he hasnt won anything, holds no meaningful NHL records, and any international records he holds are essentially most goals in one game.

IMO the only number that should be in the rafters is 16 simply because Trevor IS Mr Canuck. maaaybe 12 because hes been with the organization for 35 years. but definitely not 19. at best they should be 'honored numbers' or in the canucks case, the ring of fire, but not retired.

a retired number should be reserved mainly for a player who has a combination of being a guarantee for the HOF, holds a good amount of team and league records or awards, displayed outstanding loyalty to the team, won when it matters, and is considered one of the few best players in all of hockey. not just a guy who captained the team for a few years or scored a couple goals.

look at the avalanche for a good example, they retired sakic, forsberg, roy, and bourque (who shouldn't have been retired by colorado imo). 4 of the top teir best players in hockey of all time.
Trevor Linden didn't play his career here either and the Canucks retired his number.

You also have to keep in mind Pavel Bure was one of the pioneers who opened doors for other Russian players to come over to North America. He left Russia with no guarantees or certainties his family were going to be safe back home.

Pavel Bure holds several team records and still remains the only Vancouver Canuck to win the Calder, score back to back 60 goal seasons and single handedly put bodies into seats.

Despite looking at numbers alone he was still a very significant part of hockey history. His career was cut short and wasn't able to play as long as he would've wanted to. Sort of like 2005 HHOF inductee Cam Neely.
Old 06-26-2012, 11:36 PM   #759
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

I Think Howden is realistic.
Old 06-26-2012, 11:50 PM   #760
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
Ask Canucks fans who the best player in Canucks history was and 9/10 people will name Bure.

Anyone that says otherwise really needs to give their heads a shake. There was nobody back in the day (and now) that possessed the same speed and skill that Bure had.
This post thanked by:
Old 06-27-2012, 02:57 AM   #761
Banned (ABWS)?

Thanked 3,985 Times in 1,690 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickz View Post
Trevor Linden didn't play his career here either and the Canucks retired his number.

You also have to keep in mind Pavel Bure was one of the pioneers who opened doors for other Russian players to come over to North America. He left Russia with no guarantees or certainties his family were going to be safe back home.

Pavel Bure holds several team records and still remains the only Vancouver Canuck to win the Calder, score back to back 60 goal seasons and single handedly put bodies into seats.

Despite looking at numbers alone he was still a very significant part of hockey history. His career was cut short and wasn't able to play as long as he would've wanted to. Sort of like 2005 HHOF inductee Cam Neely.
While I agree with your input about Bure, Linden would have easily played his entire career here in Vancouver if he had a choice.
I was so happy he was able to finish his career back in Vancouver.
Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM
Old 06-27-2012, 03:56 AM   #762
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 1,314 Times in 540 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRxtar View Post

Are you kidding me?

Do you play hockey in the lower mainland? Ask how many people you grew up with and how many of them got into hockey because of "Bure" vs. "Linden"?

In fact, go past beyond Vancouver (since we're talking about HHOF). Look around league-wide and look at the new players now entering the NHL and how many of them state, they idolized Bure growing up, or they modelled themselves after Bure as they developed?

Dude, lets not downplay his "legacy" when nowadays, I see more new-NHLers either modelling themselves atfter him, or if not, experts use him as a comparison to incoming new-NHLers. If it's influential enough in the bigger stage of hockey in general, then it should be much more profound to the grassroots of us here in Vancouver.

Remember, Trevor Linden may be our biggest heart-and-soul guy for the team during that era. But in that time, people weren't tuning in, or buying tickets to see Linden, Courtnall, Lumme, Odjic, etc.

As blasmphemous as it may sound, Pavel Bure was why people league-wide paid attention to the Canucks.
This post thanked by:
Old 06-27-2012, 04:19 AM   #763
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 2,558 Times in 925 Posts
8/10 people will think of pavel bure when they see this logo
1/10 will think of 94 cup run
1/10 linden as captain

Bure saved this franchise and brought fans to the arena, how dare the canucks not acknowledge Pavel. The entire management has been change why cant we just put the past behind? If smyl and naslund jersey are retired so should bure!
Old 06-27-2012, 05:52 AM   #764
ESKETIT

Thanked 9,648 Times in 2,303 Posts
i think of all 3 when i see that logo lol
Old 06-27-2012, 06:04 AM   #765
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,325 Times in 5,641 Posts
If you put numbers in the rafters for excitement by all means...

Great franchises don't.
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 06-27-2012, 06:37 AM   #766
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,816 Times in 8,190 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vansterdam View Post
And Gino
Old 06-27-2012, 06:38 AM   #767
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 1,314 Times in 540 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
If you put numbers in the rafters for excitement by all means...

Great franchises don't.

1. Don't be such a simpleton and overly dismiss what "Bure" means to this city, to hockey in general, and to the players even to this day to nothing more than just "excitement."

2. Just because this franchise has yet to win a cup in its 40 year life span doesn't mean it isn't storied, had its moments of greatness, or individuals deserving its lifetime recognition.
This post thanked by:
Old 06-27-2012, 06:44 AM   #768
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,581 Times in 4,297 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vansterdam View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
And Gino
Din't forget Captain Kirk
Old 06-27-2012, 08:04 AM   #769
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie
No teams invited yet to meet/present/offer Schultz but EDM for sure and quite likely VAN have management people in TOR waiting for chance.
Quote:
Brad Ziemer ‏@BradZiemer
According to #Canucks, GM Mike Gillis is out of town. Assume he is in Toronto, awaiting his audience with Justin Schultz.
If we can get Schultz, our prospect pool is starting to look pretty solid. He's talking to teams today and we should know more soon. If we gain another prospect through a Luongo trade (IE: Bjugstad..) we'd be sitting pretty.

Schultz
Schroeder
Rodin
Jensen
Gaunce
Tanev
Connauton
Kassian

Quote:
Regarding Schultz, EDM contingent in TOR includes Kevin Lowe/Craig MacTavish; VAN contingent is GM Mike Gillis/asst GM Laurence Gilman.
Both GM's there for us, let's hope they can get it done.

Last edited by kristianhay; 06-27-2012 at 08:52 AM.
Old 06-27-2012, 09:22 AM   #770
Summertime Sadness

Thanked 2,911 Times in 648 Posts

Quote:
CTV British Columbia ‏@CTVBC

JUST IN: @VanCanucks have traded @1RobertoLuongo to @FlaPanthers for Jacob Markstrom, Stephen Weiss, and a 3rd round pick.
Quote:
Rob Brown ‏@ctvrob

I'm told I have been suckered and took the bait. Retweeted a Luongo trade posted by a fake Pierre Lebrun. My apologies. Bummer.

[15-01, 11:33] ICE BOY i'm going to wrap my dick in a crepe and make you suck the filling

[[09-10, 11:34] ICE BOY liquor in the front, poker in the rear
Old 06-27-2012, 09:29 AM   #771
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,063 Times in 1,182 Posts
LOL, everybody trying to be the first to get the scoop...
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
Old 06-27-2012, 10:03 AM   #772
Big Drama Show

Thanked 3,080 Times in 1,195 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSF22 View Post
lol, what a nub
Old 06-27-2012, 10:06 AM   #773
Big Drama Show

Thanked 3,080 Times in 1,195 Posts
Quote:
@News1130Sports: #Canucks goalie Roberto Loungo's agent Gilles Lupien tells us that all is quiet on the trade front.
Old 06-27-2012, 10:17 AM   #774
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,581 Times in 4,297 Posts
Being that Gillis and Gilman are in TO today meeting with Schultz I don't think we will hear anything today. The talk won't start up again until Friday and I wouldnt be surprised if we saw the deal is done by end of the weekend.
Old 06-27-2012, 10:41 AM   #775
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,121 Times in 531 Posts
Don't think they are going to give up Markstrom.

Dale Tallon would probably give up Huberdeau or Bjugstad rather than their best goalie prospect.

When I first saw that tweet, I was like then
Closed Thread