REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Closed Thread

Old 02-14-2013, 03:27 PM   #7801
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,061 Times in 1,181 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodnarb View Post
All Vancouverites do is bitch. Weather. Traffic. Canucks... you name it, someones gonna bitch about it.
RS only bitches about the Canucks on non-game days.
Advertisement
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
Old 02-14-2013, 03:42 PM   #7802

Thanked 5,474 Times in 2,095 Posts
Bottom line: The atmosphere at Rogers Arena sucks in general

We have the corporate robots, the old people who complain when you're cheering, people who check their phone constantly rather than watching the game etc.

I understand that some others prefer to be 'quiet' by analyzing/observing the game and what not, but it's really sad how quiet Rogers Arena is [on TV AND in person]. When a player like Bieksa comes out and says how quiet RA is...that's really embarrassing.

During the playoffs its not so bad.
Old 02-14-2013, 03:58 PM   #7803
...in the world.

Thanked 7,636 Times in 2,321 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hype View Post
Fuck the people sitting below them? How about fuck you?

People don't *need* to be loud, they can do as they please. They paid for their ticket, and whether or not they cheer or they don't that's completely up to them. So long as they're having fun, that's the bottom line. You might enjoy it a different way, but for you to criticize them for that makes you a hypocrite. Also, have you ever witnessed the Southsiders? What they do is far above having a laugh and cheering the players. It's constant chanting, standing up, and general noise ALL THE TIME. There's a reason why they have their own section. Not everyone likes that environment, or being around it. Some people like to concentrate on the game, or talk to the people they're at the game with. It's a little tough to do with all that going on around you, which is why you don't have to sit there. The other fans at the Canucks game didn't have that choice, which to me is the issue here.
No. Sorry, if you want peace and quiet, go watch golf. I'm not saying that people HAVE to be loud and crazy. That's not what I said. But you can't criticize anyone at a sporting event for cheering at the top of their lungs. That's the norm at a hockey game, at a football game, at a basketball game...sort of. Telling people to quiet down at a library is fine. Telling people to quiet down at a hockey game is stupid. Any conversation should be about the game and anything about the game can be yelled in any which direction.

A Canucks game at Rogers Arena isn't for you to yak with your girlfriends about your relationship (sat beside three chicks once that wouldn't shut the fuck up), isn't for you to close a business deal (all the goddamn time in the lower bowl), isn't for you to break up with your girlfriend on the phone (dude...we can all hear you, you dick). There's too much of this garbage going on and not enough cheering. Rogers is quiet as hell because people want to enjoy everything about the game except the game for some reason.

If that's what you want, FINE. But don't ever tell someone that loves watching the game enough to make some actual noise when the scoreboard tells them to to quiet down. They're not the weird ones here.

I've sat with/near the Southsiders contingent at a Whitecaps game before. It's fucking awesome. People just need to let loose a bit.

I don't mean the drunk assholes though. Those guys can go to hell but I've been with plenty of awesome, rowdy ass fans that just want to cheer as loud as they can for the boys on the ice. Go ahead and ask the Canucks which they'd rather play in front of.
Old 02-14-2013, 04:06 PM   #7804
...in the world.

Thanked 7,636 Times in 2,321 Posts
And for reference, the Southsiders are just a tiny contingent in a huge stadium.

Go to a EPL game. Or better yet...a World Cup game. I didn't even go to a BIG World Cup game...just a early match but it was a million times louder than Rogers is now.

I remember going to a few playoff games during the early days of the Westcoast Express. I remember me and 5 friends bought a pack of 3 tickets for $25 bucks. A preseason game (Montreal), the home opener (Avs) and an opening round playoff game if there was one (Avs again). We sat in the nosebleeds for that playoff game and there was another group of friends up there...about 10 fans and they were rowdy as hell. It was awesome...we taunted Patrick Roy like crazy because we were on his end twice.

Canucks got swept in the 1st round. Avs go on the win the Cup. Still one of the loudest games I've ever been to at GM Place. Back then, EVERY section was loud, not just the nosebleeds. And those were the real fans that went there to see the game and stuck with the team despite the sucking (Canucks weren't particularly good at that time), not people that just bought their jerseys yesterday because they saw someone else wearing one.
Old 02-14-2013, 04:12 PM   #7805
Orgasm Donor & Alatar owned my ass twice!

Thanked 4,387 Times in 1,145 Posts
sucks to hear about manny

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) hi there
(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・$$$$$゜゜・。*。・゜*✧ .

xxx~*…like dis post if u cry evry time…~*xxx
Old 02-14-2013, 04:16 PM   #7806
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 1,314 Times in 540 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
No. Sorry, if you want peace and quiet, go watch golf. I'm not saying that people HAVE to be loud and crazy. That's not what I said. But you can't criticize anyone at a sporting event for cheering at the top of their lungs. That's the norm at a hockey game, at a football game, at a basketball game...sort of. Telling people to quiet down at a library is fine. Telling people to quiet down at a hockey game is stupid. Any conversation should be about the game and anything about the game can be yelled in any which direction.

A Canucks game at Rogers Arena isn't for you to yak with your girlfriends about your relationship (sat beside three chicks once that wouldn't shut the fuck up), isn't for you to close a business deal (all the goddamn time in the lower bowl), isn't for you to break up with your girlfriend on the phone (dude...we can all hear you, you dick). There's too much of this garbage going on and not enough cheering. Rogers is quiet as hell because people want to enjoy everything about the game except the game for some reason.

If that's what you want, FINE. But don't ever tell someone that loves watching the game enough to make some actual noise when the scoreboard tells them to to quiet down. They're not the weird ones here.

I've sat with/near the Southsiders contingent at a Whitecaps game before. It's fucking awesome. People just need to let loose a bit.

I don't mean the drunk assholes though. Those guys can go to hell but I've been with plenty of awesome, rowdy ass fans that just want to cheer as loud as they can for the boys on the ice. Go ahead and ask the Canucks which they'd rather play in front of.
Quote:
And for reference, the Southsiders are just a tiny contingent in a huge stadium.

Go to a EPL game. Or better yet...a World Cup game. I didn't even go to a BIG World Cup game...just a early match but it was a million times louder than Rogers is now.

I remember going to a few playoff games during the early days of the Westcoast Express. I remember me and 5 friends bought a pack of 3 tickets for $25 bucks. A preseason game (Montreal), the home opener (Avs) and an opening round playoff game if there was one (Avs again). We sat in the nosebleeds for that playoff game and there was another group of friends up there...about 10 fans and they were rowdy as hell. It was awesome...we taunted Patrick Roy like crazy because we were on his end twice.

Canucks got swept in the 1st round. Avs go on the win the Cup. Still one of the loudest games I've ever been to at GM Place. Back then, EVERY section was loud, not just the nosebleeds. And those were the real fans that went there to see the game and stuck with the team despite the sucking (Canucks weren't particularly good at that time), not people that just bought their jerseys yesterday because they saw someone else wearing one.

I could not agree more.

You know what's interesting? I hosted a couple friends from Switzerland, a country where hockey isn't even their #1 sport (but it's up there in popularity) and when they finally got to see the first NHL game of their lives (a Canuck game).... they literally asked me... "wtf is this?." Apparently, Swiss people are more livelier spectators back in their native country and it isn't even their #1 sport; or so I've been told.
Old 02-14-2013, 04:18 PM   #7807
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 3,852 Times in 888 Posts
I don't care whether people are loud or not. They're paying to be there. MOVE ON. I mean, COME ON, have we canucks fans run out of things to complain about???

Let's talk about some actual news worthy things like the fact that Kesler is back and that Manny is done for the season.

Is Manny actually injured or is MG just using his eye as an excuse to keep our roster at 23 players without moving anyone
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 02-14-2013, 04:25 PM   #7808

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbinka View Post
Is Manny actually injured or is MG just using his eye as an excuse to keep our roster at 23 players without moving anyone
Posted via RS Mobile

Are you serious? I don't think MG would sink that low to get rid of Manny. He hasn't been the same player before his eye injury.

Guess Hondaracer was right about Manny lol
Old 02-14-2013, 04:26 PM   #7809
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Quote:

You're completely missing my point. I'm not saying don't be active, vocal, or participate in the things that *should* be occurring at sporting events. I'm saying that those doing so should not ruin others enjoyment of the game. Like I said, there are certain things that one should EXPECT at a game. But in the case of supporter groups and ultras etc, they go over and above and some people (myself included) want some distance from that. You have a choice at BC Place because you know where they are, and you can separate yourself from them should you choose to. Like I stated before, the people in the same section as they were at the hockey game didn't have that choice, which isn't fair to me. I sit in one of the more vocal sections at Lions games (section 18, well...218 now). We chant, we make fun of the opposing players, we stand up and high five everyone on big plays, but we don't do it the ENTIRE TIME. Why? Because a ton of people would not appreciate that. There has to be a certain level of courtesy. This is also why the Southsiders have their own section.

Also as an aside from this, the environment that Rogers Arena has become I feel is largely due to the fact that ticket prices in this city have gone bananas. You'll naturally get a different crowd, and to me it's a shame.

THE ROCK: "What's your favorite donut?"
DETECTIVE #2: "Jelly."
THE ROCK: "Oh, you like jelly. Well, jelly's a good one. The Rock says this; write this down. When you leave here, go down to Dunkin Donuts, get the biggest jelly donut you can find!"
(crowd pops louder)
LAWLER: "Oh, no... this guy's a COP!"
THE ROCK: "Write it down. Hold that jelly donut up, SQUEEZE all the jelly out, squeeze all the-- write it down; you like writing things down-- squeeze all the jelly out, and then-- write this down, you don't want to forget this-- TURN that sumbitch sideways, and stick it STRAIGHT UP your CANDY ASS!"

Old 02-14-2013, 04:29 PM   #7810
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 3,852 Times in 888 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeedee View Post

Are you serious? I don't think MG would sink that low to get rid of Manny. He hasn't been the same player before his eye injury.

Guess Hondaracer was right about Manny lol
i dont think so either, but someone earlier here posted some Tweets suggesting it as a possibility
Old 02-14-2013, 04:33 PM   #7811
Big Drama Show

Thanked 3,080 Times in 1,195 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdizzle_996 View Post
Malholtra's done for the year, because of his eye.

On a happy note it sound slike KES is back tomorrow!!!!!

Possibly skating with Kassian, and Higgins.
...Do people not bother to go through any of the recent pages before posting?

Side note: I honestly felt like I could have done my homework at Rogers Arena during the Hawks game.
Old 02-14-2013, 06:02 PM   #7812
"Entertainment" mod.

Thanked 3,428 Times in 1,049 Posts
whoops, wrong thread.
Old 02-14-2013, 06:18 PM   #7813
MOD

Thanked 7,553 Times in 1,957 Posts
kesler is here at the Harlem Globetrotters game hah
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 02-14-2013, 06:40 PM   #7814
ESKETIT

Thanked 9,647 Times in 2,303 Posts
^ wow wish i knew about the game earlier
Old 02-14-2013, 07:35 PM   #7815
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 2,779 Times in 1,173 Posts
Quote:
Jordan Schroeder @J_Schroeder90

Just got measured up for a custom suit today by @Indochino with @zkassian9...great stuff, check em out! #sharpsuits
Kass and Schroeds getting the Canucks make-over treatment lol.
fml
Old 02-14-2013, 08:11 PM   #7816
rsx
Lomac owned my ass at least once

Thanked 3,463 Times in 820 Posts
no one likes my HBK goal song? come on. you need a song to annoy the opponents. fucking chicago's stupid song worked so well.
Old 02-14-2013, 08:15 PM   #7817

Nah

Avicii LE7ELS FTW
Old 02-14-2013, 08:20 PM   #7818
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 2,558 Times in 925 Posts
They should just play some showtek before puck drop like EDM oilers.

This post thanked by:
Old 02-14-2013, 08:23 PM   #7819
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Thanked 11,196 Times in 2,276 Posts
HBK song plz
I would love to hear this at least ONCE

JUST ONCE!!!
Old 02-14-2013, 09:01 PM   #7820
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,235 Times in 1,221 Posts
I think the HBK theme would be fucking awesome every time we score lol, totally a theme that would annoy the shit out of opponents whenever you light them up.
Old 02-14-2013, 09:57 PM   #7821
UFO
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Quote:
Originally Posted by roastpuff View Post
Kass and Schroeds getting the Canucks make-over treatment lol.
Last time that happened the kid got traded away
Old 02-14-2013, 10:24 PM   #7822
Big Drama Show

Thanked 3,080 Times in 1,195 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Earl View Post
They should just play some showtek before puck drop like EDM oilers.

Old 02-14-2013, 10:33 PM   #7823
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,502 Times in 1,160 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodnarb View Post
All Vancouverites do is bitch. Weather. Traffic. Canucks... you name it, someones gonna bitch about it.
Of course, just like how Luongo was blamed for the teacher strike and the weather
Quote:
Originally Posted by RX_Renesis View Post
wtf did she get some bolt-on titties or what?
they look sooooooooooo much bigger than they were 2ish years ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nns View Post
I can't stand the sound of Mandarin either. Boo yow nee bey nee shing bo now noong gey shee mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo.
Old 02-14-2013, 11:16 PM   #7824
MOD

Thanked 7,553 Times in 1,957 Posts
heres kes

Gh0stRider's Buy & Sell Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieH View Post
whole time i thought gh0strider was white lol

This post thanked by:
Old 02-15-2013, 12:18 AM   #7825
Ebisu Boss

Thanked 1,889 Times in 705 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsx View Post
no one likes my HBK goal song? come on. you need a song to annoy the opponents. fucking chicago's stupid song worked so well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthchilli View Post
HBK song plz
I would love to hear this at least ONCE

JUST ONCE!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkyMark View Post
I think the HBK theme would be fucking awesome every time we score lol, totally a theme that would annoy the shit out of opponents whenever you light them up.
LOL... this is so creepy ... I actually have the Vancouver Canucks GOAL song set to HBK in NHL13 ... and this was before I saw this thread ...
I also set their Entrance Song to Triple HHH ... "Time to play the gaaaaaame!"

Gets me pumped for a video game lol!
Closed Thread