REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Closed Thread

Old 02-26-2013, 02:43 PM   #8876
My homepage has been set to RS

Bryzy's new mask. Pretty awesome haha.
Advertisement
Old 02-26-2013, 02:46 PM   #8877

Thanked 5,474 Times in 2,095 Posts
Guess he really is Mr. Universe with his alien theories and love for Star Wars
Old 02-26-2013, 02:49 PM   #8878

We need Bryz to do an explanation again like this (starts at 1:01)

"i dont know what this is. im not ordered this, just duck..." hahahaha
This post thanked by:
Old 02-26-2013, 02:56 PM   #8879
Need to Seek Professional Help

bahahaaha he is too funny.
Old 02-26-2013, 03:13 PM   #8880
MOD

Thanked 7,553 Times in 1,957 Posts
would you buy/wear this?

Gh0stRider's Buy & Sell Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieH View Post
whole time i thought gh0strider was white lol

Old 02-26-2013, 03:13 PM   #8881
...in the world.

Thanked 7,636 Times in 2,321 Posts
^ should say "DRAGONSLAYER" on it.

I can't see them trading Lu anymore until at least the off-season. This is a strong team that needs a couple tweaks but could challenge for the Cup. The Canucks will be a buyer, I'd think, giving up some picks for some scoring depth and maybe another cheap Dman if there's cap space.
Old 02-26-2013, 03:22 PM   #8882
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,581 Times in 4,297 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
^ should say "DRAGONSLAYER" on it.

I can't see them trading Lu anymore until at least the off-season. This is a strong team that needs a couple tweaks but could challenge for the Cup. The Canucks will be a buyer, I'd think, giving up some picks for some scoring depth and maybe another cheap Dman if there's cap space.
No questions asked, the season is half over and why rush into things and trade Lu when the Canucks don't really have to.
Old 02-26-2013, 03:47 PM   #8883

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
The Canucks will be a buyer, I'd think, giving up some picks for some scoring depth and maybe another cheap Dman if there's cap space.
i think the main worry is depth, then a play maker. they don't have enough players suited for typical 3rd,4th and pk roles. 2010-11 we had the following:kesler, burrows, raymond, malholtra, torres, hansen, tambelini, glass, higgins, laps.
all of those players could play PK and for the most part be defensively responsible.
now we have: weise, volpatti, kassian, and to a lesser extent schroeder.
these players cannot play the PK for the most part and are not as defensively responsible. meaning that instead of more time for the top 6 offensively they are usually playing more time defensively on the pk, which also means more chance of injury.

then on top of this you have booth and kesler most likely going to play with each other, problem is neither like to pass. easiest solution to do would be to package booth for a passer, someone to set kesler up if that's even possible.
Old 02-26-2013, 03:55 PM   #8884
Waxin’ Punks

Thanked 6,043 Times in 2,076 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gh0stRider View Post
would you buy/wear this?
Spoiler!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
punkwax, I don't care what your friends say about you, you are gold!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
What do your farts sound like then?
Old 02-26-2013, 03:58 PM   #8885
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,616 Times in 899 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthchilli View Post
Realignment needs approval now

2 7 team divisions in the west and 2 8 teams out east
Detroit and CBJ move east, FLA and TB gets lumped with the habs
VAN/EDM/CGY gets moved to the pacific divison and Colorado and Chicago gets moved to the mid west

NHL realignment includes four divisions, wild card teams
Why not simply swap the Jets and Preds and keep everything as is with 15 teams each. Lumping the florida teams with the NE makes no sense unless you plan to move them north or one to the West to even up the conferences. Adding the Preds to the SE would improve that division and create a stronger local rivalry with the other teams in it. Are they trying to address travel for the West by reducing the number of teams to 14 while the East would then have 16?
Old 02-26-2013, 04:05 PM   #8886

^ most "hockey insiders" are suspecting the league will go to 32 teams. seattle, kc, las vegas, oklahama, quebec, london all possibilities. also phx is going to get moved so depending where the teams end up there will still be more switching later on.
Old 02-26-2013, 04:10 PM   #8887

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbaz View Post
i think the main worry is depth, then a play maker. they don't have enough players suited for typical 3rd,4th and pk roles. 2010-11 we had the following:kesler, burrows, raymond, malholtra, torres, hansen, tambelini, glass, higgins, laps.
all of those players could play PK and for the most part be defensively responsible.
now we have: weise, volpatti, kassian, and to a lesser extent schroeder.
these players cannot play the PK for the most part and are not as defensively responsible. meaning that instead of more time for the top 6 offensively they are usually playing more time defensively on the pk, which also means more chance of injury.
Uh.... for this year we still have most of those guys. Not sure why you just singled out Weise, Volpatti, Kassian and Schroeder.

I'd take the group of Weise, Volpatti, Kassian, Schroeder over undersized and plugs Torres, Tambellini, Glass & post-eye injury Malholtra

Just because you don't play the PK doesn't mean you're not defensively responsible lol.

I get what you're saying about lessening the load for Kesler to play more offense, but I'll take a rookie Schroeder over a post-eye-injury Malhotra. Schroeder is better than Malhotra in every department besides faceoffs.
Old 02-26-2013, 04:12 PM   #8888
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Thanked 11,196 Times in 2,276 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaupunkt69 View Post
Why not simply swap the Jets and Preds and keep everything as is with 15 teams each. Lumping the florida teams with the NE makes no sense unless you plan to move them north or one to the West to even up the conferences. Adding the Preds to the SE would improve that division and create a stronger local rivalry with the other teams in it. Are they trying to address travel for the West by reducing the number of teams to 14 while the East would then have 16?
its all about timezones
in which for Nashville, its Central Time, sucks to be them indeed
Old 02-26-2013, 04:14 PM   #8889
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,616 Times in 899 Posts
If moves like these are a possibility, then perhaps they should cross that bridge when they get to it and make gradual changes as they become necessary.
Old 02-26-2013, 04:18 PM   #8890
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 2,558 Times in 925 Posts
We already got our depth player... they just haven't live up to their expectations yet. (booth, garrison, ballard and higgins) If they perform how they were in Florida we will be unstoppable.

Fucking boston got horton, campbell, seidenberg from Florida and they surpassed their expectations
Old 02-26-2013, 04:19 PM   #8891

because i pointed out the players who cant play the pk at a decent level(schroeder excluded i think he can, but he will still be sheltered for being a rookie). if they could play it they would be. i get your point about malholtra but what im trying to point out is we need more players who can chip in all around to be more successful and one obvious area is the pk, the other is that the 4th line used to be able to chip in a lot, not so much anymore.
Old 02-26-2013, 04:21 PM   #8892
...in the world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaupunkt69 View Post
Because Detroit.
Old 02-26-2013, 04:22 PM   #8893
...in the world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Earl View Post
We already got our depth player... they just haven't live up to their expectations yet. (booth, garrison, ballard and higgins) If they perform how they were in Florida we will be unstoppable.

Fucking boston got horton, campbell, seidenberg from Florida and they surpassed their expectations
Shit, I didn't even realize that. They sure got the better of that deal.
Old 02-26-2013, 04:22 PM   #8894

Past 5 years was all teams had players playing two way game with outstanding defense and goaltending in the playoffs. We have that.
Old 02-26-2013, 04:26 PM   #8895

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbaz View Post
because i pointed out the players who cant play the pk at a decent level(schroeder excluded i think he can, but he will still be sheltered for being a rookie). if they could play it they would be. i get your point about malholtra but what im trying to point out is we need more players who can chip in all around to be more successful and one obvious area is the pk, the other is that the 4th line used to be able to chip in a lot, not so much anymore.
Thing is, Schroeder isn't being sheltered compared to Hodgson. He's been playing 15-18 mins a night and is even taking defensive zone draws. Shows how much AV trusts Schroeder. AV would've NEVER let Hodgson taken faceoffs in the defensive zone.

I think you're confusing the 2011 teams 4th line with the 3rd line of Torres-Lapierre-Hansen being able to chip in. The 4th line in 2011 was a revolving door consisting of Malholtra with a combination of Bolduc/Hodgson/Glass/Tambellini/Oreskovich etc

Our third line this year isn't THAT bad with Raymond-Schroeder-Hansen/Kassian. Good to see Raymond having a good year with Schroeder. Those 2 have chemistry.
Old 02-26-2013, 04:32 PM   #8896

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Earl View Post
Past 5 years was all teams had players playing two way game with outstanding defense and goaltending in the playoffs. We have that.
True, but if the Sedins dry up/get shut down in the playoffs we're getting bounced again like last year.

Especially with Ryan "Shoot first, pass never" Kesler skating, trying to deke 4 defenders and getting his shot blocked/hitting the other goalies jersey logo

Team needs a 'game changer/playmaker' and Booth isn't that.
Old 02-26-2013, 04:35 PM   #8897

talking more about trade deadline area, which is when we got lap and higgins making a great 4th line, im saying we need that again. the team needs to make a decision very soon on booth. jensen/kassian will be competing for the second line winger spots next year and i fully believe jensen is on going to get call ups when he gets back to chicago.
Old 02-26-2013, 04:40 PM   #8898

Volchenkov & Henrique is probably the missing piece
Old 02-26-2013, 06:04 PM   #8899

I wish Doan signed with us in the summer
Old 02-26-2013, 06:06 PM   #8900

He just came to Vancouver to eat a free meal and re-signed with PHX
Closed Thread