REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Closed Thread

Old 02-27-2013, 02:22 PM   #9001
Big Drama Show

Thanked 3,080 Times in 1,195 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by b0unce. [?] View Post
i mean... ottawa is playing pretty well and they lost spezza, karlsson and anderson... why can't we pull it together?
because It's the Canucks

This team lacks heart, and its showed in the past. Kesler was a great player, too bad he's turned into the Sami Salo of our forward group. Lols at the idiots on CDC who still thinks Kesler hasn't hit his prime, and is still continuing to improve. If anything, Kesler is starting to decline. Anyway, I think this season is a write-off. No Kesler, No Bieksa, No secondary scoring, Andrew Ebbett as our second line centre, AV chewing his gum...Gillis needs to make a trade, soon.

Inb4 bandwagon fan
Advertisement
This post thanked by:
Old 02-27-2013, 02:27 PM   #9002
My homepage has been set to RS

Anyone listening to Team1040,

Looks like Manny doesn't agree with Mike.
Tough for Manny, he want's to play but has to make a tough decision (would you break ties with the Canucks if another team wants him? or be on the staff long term?)
Old 02-27-2013, 02:32 PM   #9003
manage the cap you say????

Thanked 3,613 Times in 1,181 Posts
It baffles me how sometimes we always talk about depth... why are we caring about depth when we don't even have two lines that we can depend on night in and night out? At one point we had two and then one of them got fucking broken up (AV LOGIC). We had a good thing going on with Hansen/Schro/Raymond.

With Kesler out now, Ebbett is likely gonna be back in the line up and we all know what that means.

I don't give a fuck if AV has won the Jack Adams before or if hes the winningest coach in franchise history. His job is to somehow make all the players mesh together as a team, while the players have to perform. HOW DO WE KEEP OUR PLAYERS ACCOUNTABLE WHEN OUR COACH DOESN'T HOLD HIMSELF ACCOUNTABLE?

There's only a handful of players every night that know their role they will be having. The Sedins and Burrows for sure, you don't need to worry about them and the Sedins timing has def been improving as we've played each game. How we decide who plays in net is a fucking coin flip (yes, I do know they have a "semi pre-determined" plan of who's playing what), our D is like fucking mixing and matching and obviously that isn't working now. As for the rest of the team? They're considered lucky if they even have same line mates for consecutive games

A lot of us praise AV for throwing Sedins/Bur together and how well they click. Well fuck... AV line juggles so fucking much it just gets to the point of the luck of the draw and something works. How the hell do players focus when they don't know what line they'll be on?

Last thing, every time I'm watching the Canucks, mostly when we are in our own zone I can kinda predict what we are gonna do... Its been a reoccurring theme that we just throw the puck up the boards, or reverse it and throw it up the other side... Teams are catching on quickly.. and their D just stand at the blue line (LOL) and their fore checkers just blitz right in. And the drop pass.. need I say more? After being with AV for so long, players know they need to make the "safe play" which is a good thing but we do the same shit every single time to the point where the "safe play" isn't so safe anymore

We will ALWAYS have a chance to win the cup EVERY year as long as MG is here, but if we will is another question. Easier said than done obviously, if anybody disagrees with me feel free to respond.

/end rant

\\ ______
  \(ಠ益ಠ)
   >  ヽ
   /   へ\
   /  / \\
   レ ノ   ヽ_つ ayyy lmao
  / /
  / /|
 ( (ヽ
 | |、\
 | 丿 \ ⌒)
 | |  ) /
`ノ )  Lノ
Old 02-27-2013, 02:40 PM   #9004

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Earl View Post
Canucks cant play their best knowing that the goaltender is inconsistent.
I agree and disagree..some of the fucking goals you can't even blame the fucking goaltender... our D are like fucking pylons standing in front of the net l0l

But it starts with accountability and Schno knows it and admitted it.

Quote:
I'm kind of tired of playing like an average goalie, it's getting ridiculous now, three or four games in a row giving up three goals or more. You know I don't care if they were nice goals or guys wide open it doesn't matter, you got to make some big saves to give your team a chance to at least get a point.
— Vancouver goalie Cory Schneider after the Canucks' 4-2 loss to the Coyotes on Tuesday

\\ ______
  \(ಠ益ಠ)
   >  ヽ
   /   へ\
   /  / \\
   レ ノ   ヽ_つ ayyy lmao
  / /
  / /|
 ( (ヽ
 | |、\
 | 丿 \ ⌒)
 | |  ) /
`ノ )  Lノ
Old 02-27-2013, 02:50 PM   #9005

Thanked 2,474 Times in 543 Posts
Using the boards is pretty much the most basic thing to do when you're in your own zone, it's the "safe" play. Would you rather have our team throw it up the middle when we're getting pressured?
Old 02-27-2013, 02:53 PM   #9006
I bringith the lowerballerith

how do you guys view lindy ruff or even john tortorella as a coach?

after watching the NHL24/7 series of the rangers, tortorella seems like a good coach imo. =O
Old 02-27-2013, 02:56 PM   #9007
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

With Ebbet on the second line can we compete against the likes of:

Saad-Toews-Hossa
Sharp-Kruger-Kane

Cogliano-Getzlaf-Perry
Ryan-Bonino-Palmieri
Winnik-Koivu-Selanne (included Ducks 3rd line, cause its dangerous)

Williams-Kopitar-Brown
Lewis-Richards-Carter

Not to mention the Blues, Preds, Stars and Sharks.

At least we have a shit load of Div games to get into the playoffs.
Old 02-27-2013, 02:56 PM   #9008
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not really racist! View Post
How the hell do players focus when they don't know what line they'll be on?
THIS. Team game you need chemistry. People who don't play team sports don't get this. You need to know who you're playing with to adjust your timing.

Even in rec league I get so damn confused when I'm not playing with my regular D partner because I know all of their tendencies. This is the reason why Ballard and Tanev are playing so well together and the reason why the twins seem like they're psychic.
Old 02-27-2013, 03:01 PM   #9009

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
Using the boards is pretty much the most basic thing to do when you're in your own zone, it's the "safe" play. Would you rather have our team throw it up the middle when we're getting pressured?
You don't say... That's why I stated it was the safe play? We don't have many options anymore, I wish we could throw it up the boards and get it out every time. Problem is every time we do that there's a greater and greater chance it'll get picked off/intercepted/tipped/caught

We need to "change" it up now, because it'll make the opposing team think and actually have to GUESS. We just need that one good outlet pass. If AV was smart we would be PRACTICING the transition game that goes up the middle. It's not like we aren't suited to that. The only way to do so is to take advantage of our quicker players (ray/schro/hans/booth/kes(ifhewasnotinjured) for those quick passes to utilize that always "free" middle of the ice

Again, not saying we should utilize one method but have a SERIES of ways to get the puck out so if we(the players) read the play and one obviously doesn't work we can resort to a plan B or plan C

Do I need to keep explaining?

\\ ______
  \(ಠ益ಠ)
   >  ヽ
   /   へ\
   /  / \\
   レ ノ   ヽ_つ ayyy lmao
  / /
  / /|
 ( (ヽ
 | |、\
 | 丿 \ ⌒)
 | |  ) /
`ノ )  Lノ
Old 02-27-2013, 03:04 PM   #9010

Jesus...all this banter here is making me think we have the Flames for a team.
This post thanked by:
Old 02-27-2013, 03:05 PM   #9011

We actually aren't bantering for once, I rather be discussing how we can change our game rather than bitching about how we are losing and people bitching about how others are panicking

\\ ______
  \(ಠ益ಠ)
   >  ヽ
   /   へ\
   /  / \\
   レ ノ   ヽ_つ ayyy lmao
  / /
  / /|
 ( (ヽ
 | |、\
 | 丿 \ ⌒)
 | |  ) /
`ノ )  Lノ
Old 02-27-2013, 03:15 PM   #9012
Orgasm Donor & Alatar owned my ass twice!

Thanked 4,387 Times in 1,145 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by subordinate View Post
Anyone listening to Team1040,

Looks like Manny doesn't agree with Mike.
Tough for Manny, he want's to play but has to make a tough decision (would you break ties with the Canucks if another team wants him? or be on the staff long term?)
Of course play on another team if the chance came up. He could always go back to being on the Canuck staff after he retires. I'm sure they'd still want him.
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 02-27-2013, 03:15 PM   #9013
Big Drama Show

Thanked 3,080 Times in 1,195 Posts
Honestly, I think AV needs to go. He's been a great coach, but something needs to change. His calm demeanour reflects our team as a whole (sit back and get punched around, hoping to capitalize on our non-existent PP).
Old 02-27-2013, 03:19 PM   #9014
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

Went to the game last night...... its painful to watch them. Super boring style of hockey game in game out.

They'll make the playoffs but there is no way they will win the stanley cup. No heart, no energy and no toughness. Lou and Corey are the only bright spots on this team.
Old 02-27-2013, 03:24 PM   #9015

Well if we are getting pressured there's no other way to get it out other than using the boards. Other than that, it's either turn it over or ice it. We can't have forwards waiting for the puck floating at the centre of the ice if that's what your trying to say, unless our Ds have total control of the play. When the play is in our zone wingers must stay on the boards and wait for the breakout play, Ds need to make shorter passes and in order to do this wingers can't be cheating. Long passes won't work, those are pretty easy to read.
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 02-27-2013, 03:37 PM   #9016

Win battles along the boards, outnumber, communicate for coverage, carry the puck up the ice/ make short/simple/quick passes, ???? profit.

Put less onus on the D, more on the forwards

If we threw pucks up through the middle with no forward support w/ everybody waiting at center ice, I'd shut off my TV

We don't need to always WAIT for the break out. Use speed to your advantage FOR the breakout

\\ ______
  \(ಠ益ಠ)
   >  ヽ
   /   へ\
   /  / \\
   レ ノ   ヽ_つ ayyy lmao
  / /
  / /|
 ( (ヽ
 | |、\
 | 丿 \ ⌒)
 | |  ) /
`ノ )  Lノ
This post thanked by:
Old 02-27-2013, 03:42 PM   #9017

we're tied for points with toronto

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) hi there
(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・$$$$$゜゜・。*。・゜*✧ .

xxx~*…like dis post if u cry evry time…~*xxx
This post thanked by:
Old 02-27-2013, 03:46 PM   #9018

Thanked 5,474 Times in 2,095 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by subordinate View Post
Jesus...all this banter here is making me think we have the Flames for a team.
This team is the Flames with Kesler out and Andrew FUCKING EBBETT in
Old 02-27-2013, 03:47 PM   #9019

Don't worry guys we will turn it up for playoffs!!! We've only have a few bad games. We're doing pretty good with no secondary scoring tbh, but that shit won't cut it in the playoffs. You know we're fucked when we have to send out the Sedins all the time and shit bricks when we send on anyone else lol.
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 02-27-2013, 04:16 PM   #9020

maybe gillis is now forced to move one of his goalies

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) hi there
(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・$$$$$゜゜・。*。・゜*✧ .

xxx~*…like dis post if u cry evry time…~*xxx
Old 02-27-2013, 04:19 PM   #9021
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 2,558 Times in 925 Posts
With the new alignment next year, we're fucked

unless we play trap
Old 02-27-2013, 04:58 PM   #9022
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,538 Times in 495 Posts
Kesler injured...

FIRE AV OMGWTFBBQzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Old 02-27-2013, 05:10 PM   #9023
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Feels like the team has no offense, like every other year lol.
Old 02-27-2013, 05:11 PM   #9024
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 1,314 Times in 540 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Not really racist! View Post
Last thing, every time I'm watching the Canucks, mostly when we are in our own zone I can kinda predict what we are gonna do... Its been a reoccurring theme that we just throw the puck up the boards, or reverse it and throw it up the other side... Teams are catching on quickly.. and their D just stand at the blue line (LOL) and their fore checkers just blitz right in. And the drop pass.. need I say more? After being with AV for so long, players know they need to make the "safe play" which is a good thing but we do the same shit every single time to the point where the "safe play" isn't so safe anymore
Werd.

That has been the long standing criticism of AV since the days our P/O rivalry started with the Hawks.

The guy doesn't know how to adapt with the changing dynamics on a game per game basis. He's more of the "stick with process" type where eventually you're supposed to come out ahead rather than behind when everything is tallied up at the end.

but unfortunately, in the playoffs - you don't have 82 games to ride a process out and even out the losses to eventually come out ahead. It did however come close though in 2011
Old 02-27-2013, 05:24 PM   #9025
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Thanked 11,196 Times in 2,276 Posts
Getting rid of AV is one thing,
How the players react with AV gone is another.

The team was beginning to roll right before Kesler slotted back in the line up. Also, Jensen could join the squad if what Gillis says is true.
Closed Thread