REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Closed Thread

Old 03-13-2013, 10:41 PM   #10076
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwantaskyline View Post
Do the Canucks have a chance? Yes they do. Sedin contracts expiring soon + the option of buying out Ballard or Booth. Are they front runners? Hell no. We've seen MG make the big splash before with Sundin. Who knows.

Please ask yourself how many teams in the NHL can afford to offer a UFA a 9-9.5 million cap hit. Only contenders and most of them will be near the 64 mill cap.

9.5 would make it the second highest cap hit in the NHL...Yeah I think most teams wouldn't be stupid enough to offer a player who has been point per game for one season in his career that money.

But IMO he's gonna stay in Anaheim in for 8 mill a year or go to Toronto for about the same.
I think you're misunderstanding me. I never said Perry is worth 9-9.5 mil. I said I think he's gonna get that tho. If I was a billionaire owner of a NHL team, I don't see it as "how much is it gonna cost me to bring in Perry"? I see it as "how much money is Perry gonna make for me"? I'm not a cap expert nor do I know the financial situation of the Blues owner. But I see they have over 19 mil in cap space. That team is pretty damn close to contending. I bet they don't sell out every night either. If I bring Perry in, more fans will buy tickets, buy food at concessions, buy merchandise, parking etc. If Getzlaf got 8.25 mil, Perry is a better player. I'm gonna ask myself "am I really gonna cheap out on that one mil for a chance to bring in a top 10 player"?
Advertisement
Old 03-13-2013, 11:06 PM   #10077
Big Drama Show

Thanked 3,080 Times in 1,195 Posts
LOLOLOL guess where I found this gem, regarding Hank Sedin

Quote:
Is this guy not impressing you with his hard nose play this year?... He's playin like hartnell this season.

Does anybody else think hank meant to do that little pitchfork? Seriously, I'm not just tryin to stir the CDC pot. He's been getting feisty lately, pushing guys around. A few games ago he got between a guy and Bieksa and pushed him. Tonight he got in a shoving match.

Watch that replay again, he totally pitch forked bobrovsky on purpose. Henrik Sedin is one of the best passers in the league and hockey sticks are light as hell, you can't tell me he didn't feel the goalie's head there before he pushed his stick back. I doubt he meant to actually pitch fork up the mask but he was giving him an intentional push. That stick had to business being where it was, puck was in the corner, hank was watching it and not turning around.. Why in one of the best players sticks in the league is pushing behind him?

I think it's awesome though.. That's our captain getting rowdy and getting into it all season. He's doing this to show the team he wants to win. When the supposed softest guy on the team that your supposed to protect and do the dirty work for, is goin out and playing tough like that its contageous.

You watch man, we still got one good run left at least. Captain hanks not takin no poop, guys got a linden run left in him, I can feel it.

What do you guys think? Is this a new side of hank playing tough and aggressive?

Discuss..
Old 03-13-2013, 11:11 PM   #10078
manage the cap you say????

Thanked 3,613 Times in 1,181 Posts
Sounds like RS.net to me.

\\ ______
  \(ಠ益ಠ)
   >  ヽ
   /   へ\
   /  / \\
   レ ノ   ヽ_つ ayyy lmao
  / /
  / /|
 ( (ヽ
 | |、\
 | 丿 \ ⌒)
 | |  ) /
`ノ )  Lノ
This post thanked by:
Old 03-13-2013, 11:36 PM   #10079
I STILL don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blah_Teggie View Post
I think you're misunderstanding me. I never said Perry is worth 9-9.5 mil. I said I think he's gonna get that tho. If I was a billionaire owner of a NHL team, I don't see it as "how much is it gonna cost me to bring in Perry"? I see it as "how much money is Perry gonna make for me"? I'm not a cap expert nor do I know the financial situation of the Blues owner. But I see they have over 19 mil in cap space. That team is pretty damn close to contending. I bet they don't sell out every night either. If I bring Perry in, more fans will buy tickets, buy food at concessions, buy merchandise, parking etc. If Getzlaf got 8.25 mil, Perry is a better player. I'm gonna ask myself "am I really gonna cheap out on that one mil for a chance to bring in a top 10 player"?
If I recall correctly the blues operate with a tight internal budget so I don't think they will be spending.
Old 03-13-2013, 11:44 PM   #10080

Thanked 5,474 Times in 2,095 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrapeDrink View Post
If I recall correctly the blues operate with a tight internal budget so I don't think they will be spending.
Plus they got guys like Pietrangelo, Berglund, Shattenkirk and others who are due for huge raises, so they definitely won't be spending unless trades are gonna be made.

Anyways, I don't even know why we're talking about Perry. Same pipedream as Weber.
Old 03-14-2013, 08:06 AM   #10081
UFO
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

On Hank playing like Linden, although that writeup was a bit comical, I have noticed Hank and Dank playing the body more this year, and even throw a decent hit in every now and then. That NEVER happens normally.
Old 03-14-2013, 08:25 AM   #10082
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,046 Times in 1,176 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by UFO View Post
On Hank playing like Linden, although that writeup was a bit comical, I have noticed Hank and Dank playing the body more this year, and even throw a decent hit in every now and then. That NEVER happens normally.
And I'm sure we all took notice when he joined a scrum to shove someone - can't remember against who though.
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
Old 03-14-2013, 08:36 AM   #10083
ESKETIT

Thanked 9,644 Times in 2,300 Posts
The NHL's Board of Governors has approved realignment and a division-based format for the Stanley Cup Playoffs, effective for the 2013-14 season.

This post thanked by:
Old 03-14-2013, 08:50 AM   #10084
I don't get it

I like this wayyyyy more than what we have now but I also wouldn't mind if Colorado and Detroit move left one on that map above, reason being there's the Chicago-Detroit rivalry and the fact that there will be five of Original 6 teams in the East. But it makes sense, sucks for Detroit to have to come all the way here when they're in the Eastern time zone.
Old 03-14-2013, 08:56 AM   #10085

Perry has made it known he wants to stay in the east, closer to where his parents live, so they can watch more games.

I think he resigns or gives a shortlist of teams (i.e., Toronto).
Old 03-14-2013, 09:22 AM   #10086

Columbus gets shafted with the realignment. They have a even less likely chance to make the playoffs next year.
Old 03-14-2013, 09:29 AM   #10087
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

good teams will make the playoffs regardless of what division they play in.
This post thanked by:
Old 03-14-2013, 09:48 AM   #10088

No more taking advantage of the shitty NW

\\ ______
  \(ಠ益ಠ)
   >  ヽ
   /   へ\
   /  / \\
   レ ノ   ヽ_つ ayyy lmao
  / /
  / /|
 ( (ヽ
 | |、\
 | 丿 \ ⌒)
 | |  ) /
`ノ )  Lノ
Old 03-14-2013, 09:55 AM   #10089
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 3,242 Times in 861 Posts
Only 2 Det vs Chi a year
Old 03-14-2013, 10:14 AM   #10090
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Apparently, Luongo practiced with a new millionaires helmet today. Who gets the start on saturday?
Old 03-14-2013, 10:17 AM   #10091
Summertime Sadness

Thanked 2,911 Times in 648 Posts
Chicago and St.Louis gonna dominate that division B lol

[15-01, 11:33] ICE BOY i'm going to wrap my dick in a crepe and make you suck the filling

[[09-10, 11:34] ICE BOY liquor in the front, poker in the rear
Old 03-14-2013, 10:45 AM   #10092
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Ok get it through your heads fella's...

Perry is *not* better than Getzlaf. Yes, he has a Rocket Richard Trophy, and a Hart Trophy. Don't forget that Jonathan Cheechoo has a RR trophy, and that was because of Joe Thornton. Elite centre's don't grow on tree's. Personally I think he wants a shorter term, or like someone mentioned perhaps he wants to be out East. There's no doubt in my mind Murray has already offered him the exact same contract as Getzlaf, and believe me that's the benchmark. Same thing happened when they had Niedermayer, nobody was going to make more than him.

This is coming from a diehard Ducks fan too, FYI.

THE ROCK: "What's your favorite donut?"
DETECTIVE #2: "Jelly."
THE ROCK: "Oh, you like jelly. Well, jelly's a good one. The Rock says this; write this down. When you leave here, go down to Dunkin Donuts, get the biggest jelly donut you can find!"
(crowd pops louder)
LAWLER: "Oh, no... this guy's a COP!"
THE ROCK: "Write it down. Hold that jelly donut up, SQUEEZE all the jelly out, squeeze all the-- write it down; you like writing things down-- squeeze all the jelly out, and then-- write this down, you don't want to forget this-- TURN that sumbitch sideways, and stick it STRAIGHT UP your CANDY ASS!"

Old 03-14-2013, 10:48 AM   #10093

Thanked 3,842 Times in 879 Posts
Spoiler!

Does this mean 2 new expansion teams?
Old 03-14-2013, 11:12 AM   #10094
Banned (ABWS)?

Thanked 3,978 Times in 1,684 Posts
Schneider:

Luongo:
Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM
Old 03-14-2013, 11:16 AM   #10095

Thanked 1,118 Times in 530 Posts
LOL

Quote:
News1130 Sports ‏@News1130Sports

#FreeKeithBallard
Old 03-14-2013, 11:25 AM   #10096
Summertime Sadness

Thanked 2,911 Times in 648 Posts

"their division"

[15-01, 11:33] ICE BOY i'm going to wrap my dick in a crepe and make you suck the filling

[[09-10, 11:34] ICE BOY liquor in the front, poker in the rear
This post thanked by:
Old 03-14-2013, 11:25 AM   #10097
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Not really racist! View Post
No more taking advantage of the shitty NW
A good thing IMO, weaknesses will be exposed at higher intervals. If that means we barley make or miss the playoffs instead of winning the division so be it.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I donīt care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. Thatīs how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
Old 03-14-2013, 11:28 AM   #10098

^ and then AV will get fired for sure

if he doesn't get fired this season

\\ ______
  \(ಠ益ಠ)
   >  ヽ
   /   へ\
   /  / \\
   レ ノ   ヽ_つ ayyy lmao
  / /
  / /|
 ( (ヽ
 | |、\
 | 丿 \ ⌒)
 | |  ) /
`ノ )  Lノ
Old 03-14-2013, 11:47 AM   #10099

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR_BIGGS View Post
Perry has made it known he wants to stay in the east, closer to where his parents live, so they can watch more games.

I think he resigns or gives a shortlist of teams (i.e., Toronto).
Wut

He plays in the West, so you mean he wants to go the East right

Old 03-14-2013, 11:48 AM   #10100

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmperorIS View Post

Does this mean 2 new expansion teams?
No. From my understanding, its still gonna be the same playoff format of 8 best record teams, but for the West there's gonna be "wild card" playoff spots since the West has 2 less teams in their conference than the East.