REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Closed Thread

Old 03-28-2013, 08:03 AM   #11451
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,587 Times in 631 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeedee View Post
bballguy should stay in the bball thread
brb, changing name to 'hockeyguy'
Advertisement
This post thanked by:
Old 03-28-2013, 08:11 AM   #11452

Thanked 5,474 Times in 2,095 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bballguy View Post
Ovechkin, Kesler, Pronger, and Luongo as overrated? You find that surprising? .........Of course people are going to find Luongo as being overrated after choking in the playoffs, of course people are going find Kesler and Pronger overrated when they are almost always injured....Kesler has only had one good season points-production wise.....do I really need to even begin to explain why people would think Ovechkin is overrated? I mean seriously?......
Like I said, Luongo is debateable as overrated.

Kesler and Pronger overrated because they're always injured? With that logic Crosby and Malkin are overrated too then? When Crosby had his concussion symptoms and Malkin with his injuries.

Sure, tell me why Ovechkin is overrated. Sure his goal totals have decreased but he's still a 2 time Hart & Rocket trophy winner and a 30+ goal scorer.

You also didn't explain how Kovalchuk is overrated too
Old 03-28-2013, 08:20 AM   #11453
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,060 Times in 1,180 Posts
Boston I cannot cheer for, but the Penguins are ok in my books. Boy, is that team stacked!

It will be nice for Iginla to go in and just focus on hockey without having to wear the C. Best of luck to Iginla!
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
Old 03-28-2013, 08:20 AM   #11454

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeedee View Post
Like I said, Luongo is debateable as overrated.

Kesler and Pronger overrated because they're always injured? With that logic Crosby and Malkin are overrated too then? When Crosby had his concussion symptoms and Malkin with his injuries.

Sure, tell me why Ovechkin is overrated. Sure his goal totals have decreased but he's still a 2 time Hart & Rocket trophy winner and a 30+ goal scorer.

You also didn't explain how Kovalchuk is overrated too
Oh, so injuries don't play a factor in whether or not a guy can be overrated? If a guy is awesome when he's healthy, but is never healthy, he's most likely overrated....Crosby is not 'injury prone'....he's had a big injury, but he's not going back and forth from the roster to IR...

Kovalchuk was probably put on the list as he was somewhat known to be lazy, unmotivated, and often didn't show up for big games in the playoffs...

Ovechkin was once on Crosby-type level....The fact that he hasn't kept pace had made him overrated as everyone was still expecting him to put up Crosby-like numbers....He's nowhere near what he was expected to be, and was actually panning out to be when he won those Hart and Rocket trophies....
This post thanked by:
Old 03-28-2013, 08:35 AM   #11455
RS.net PIMP

Thanked 3,057 Times in 824 Posts
Wow, they Pens can still add $13 mil in cap hits after the Iggy trade, crazy. Malkin and Letang on IR

Old 03-28-2013, 08:37 AM   #11456
what manner of phaggotry is this

Thanked 5,473 Times in 1,814 Posts
Always been a huge fan of Iggy. I predict hes going to tear shit up in the playoffs. Hes built for playoff hockey, and hes going to be so happy to be there.
Old 03-28-2013, 08:39 AM   #11457
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,060 Times in 1,180 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRxtar View Post
Always been a huge fan of Iggy. I predict hes going to tear shit up in the playoffs. Hes built for playoff hockey, and hes going to be so happy to be there.
Happy to be on a winning team, for once.
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
Old 03-28-2013, 08:56 AM   #11458
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,616 Times in 899 Posts
I like to cheer former Kamloops Blazers in the playoffs. Iginla will be an easy one to root for unlike Mr. Kamloops, Recchi with the Ruins. Or in 04 when the Flames and Lightning had something like 4-5 Blazers each.

The Pittsburgh Bettman's should win it on paper but stranger things have happened. I actually thought the Leafs might have a chance vs them given their regular season games but not so much vs an olympic team firing on all cylinders.
Old 03-28-2013, 08:57 AM   #11459

Press conference is live right now. He seems super happy to be going to the Pens..congrats to him..hes been one of my fav players that doesnt wear a nux jersey's.
Old 03-28-2013, 09:03 AM   #11460
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,581 Times in 4,297 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
Press conference is live right now. He seems super happy to be going to the Pens..congrats to him..hes been one of my fav players that doesnt wear a nux jersey's.
how are his emotions?
Old 03-28-2013, 09:11 AM   #11461
UFO
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7seven View Post
Wow, they Pens can still add $13 mil in cap hits after the Iggy trade, crazy. Malkin and Letang on IR
That's some crazy stuff Shero is pulling there.

I believe Canucks have 7M cap hit left with Booth and Manny on IR
Old 03-28-2013, 09:11 AM   #11462
Banned (ABWS)?

Thanked 3,984 Times in 1,689 Posts
Crosby will never be overrated...
He showed no signs of rust when he returned, both times.
Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM
This post thanked by:
Old 03-28-2013, 09:13 AM   #11463
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,057 Times in 429 Posts
Isnt Kes on IR aswell? Anyways i hope its true that we have that much space left. We still have trouble scoring so im hoping we land a goal scorer to play with Kes when he comes back
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 03-28-2013, 09:13 AM   #11464

Quote:
Originally Posted by murd0c View Post
how are his emotions?
hasnt cried if that is what you mean. he goes he aint retiring and coming back to calgary is not out of the question when he becomes a free agent this summer
Old 03-28-2013, 09:15 AM   #11465
manage the cap you say????

Thanked 3,613 Times in 1,181 Posts
Quote:
You still didn't show me where I said I'd leave the NHL thread....
Actually you didn't say it, but after some searching of your posts in last years thread finds that you used homophobic terms that led to a failstorm. People in this thread agreed that you're really confrontational and condescending and you stopped posting

I guess now you have returned after the dust has settled eh,

\\ ______
  \(ಠ益ಠ)
   >  ヽ
   /   へ\
   /  / \\
   レ ノ   ヽ_つ ayyy lmao
  / /
  / /|
 ( (ヽ
 | |、\
 | 丿 \ ⌒)
 | |  ) /
`ノ )  Lノ
Old 03-28-2013, 09:42 AM   #11466
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,581 Times in 4,297 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
hasnt cried if that is what you mean. he goes he aint retiring and coming back to calgary is not out of the question when he becomes a free agent this summer
I'm kinda surprised he didn't have some tears and told about interesting if he did go back to the Flames.
Old 03-28-2013, 09:49 AM   #11467
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Thanked 1,563 Times in 171 Posts
Old 03-28-2013, 09:55 AM   #11468
Need to Seek Professional Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiceIntegraRS View Post
Isnt Kes on IR aswell? Anyways i hope its true that we have that much space left. We still have trouble scoring so im hoping we land a goal scorer to play with Kes when he comes back
Posted via RS Mobile
You have to be on long term IR for your cap to not count against the team. Kessler is in line to return before the season is actually over so they have him on regular IR.
Old 03-28-2013, 10:37 AM   #11469
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,488 Times in 1,687 Posts
Your thoughts on what Mike Gillis may do to help the team by the trade deadline?

It's pretty quiet on the Luongo trade front. Is there anything that he can do to address the team's needs for more offense?

-don't believe in addition by subtraction by trading a roster player. I think MG would be reluctant to do so. May Ray is playing well. He's on a 1 year contract. Would he be trade bait for the Canucks? Doubtful.

I don't see Gillis doing anything in terms of trades.
Old 03-28-2013, 10:54 AM   #11470
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

If MG is making any trades it's probably for a cap dump. 64m salary cap and we have 60m committed and still need to sign about 13 players. Vancouver Canucks Salary Cap Chart

13 players with 4m cap isn't going to happen.

A goalie, one of the 4M+ Dmen (ballard probably) and maybe Booth have to be traded or bought out to even have enough money to sign plugs.
Old 03-28-2013, 11:19 AM   #11471

Iginla gets team to congratulate Linden at his last game...

This post thanked by:
Old 03-28-2013, 11:37 AM   #11472

Thanked 1,053 Times in 595 Posts
Quote:

Trevor Linden's final game vs Calgary (2008-04-05) - YouTube
That was Naslund's last game as a Canuck too wasn't it? Damn what crappy timing since there's no way he's taking some of Trevor's spotlight. Another classy move by a great captain. So much class on the ice that night.
Old 03-28-2013, 12:08 PM   #11473

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKam View Post
If MG is making any trades it's probably for a cap dump. 64m salary cap and we have 60m committed and still need to sign about 13 players. Vancouver Canucks Salary Cap Chart

13 players with 4m cap isn't going to happen.

A goalie, one of the 4M+ Dmen (ballard probably) and maybe Booth have to be traded or bought out to even have enough money to sign plugs.
Some of the players the canucks need to re-sign aren't plugs and if anyone is at the moment it would probably be booth and ballard. With the buyouts/trades the canucks have at least 12mil, which is doable there's the possibility of 16-17mil. They don't need 13 people, remember they didn't put kassian on ir so they have an extra body up, along with an extra dmen up all year. The main problems they will have is how much tanev and raymond are going to command.
Old 03-28-2013, 12:23 PM   #11474
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,118 Times in 530 Posts
Quote:

Trevor Linden's final game vs Calgary (2008-04-05) - YouTube
Nice seeing Bourdon and Rypien there.
Old 03-28-2013, 12:29 PM   #11475
The RS Freebie guru

Thanked 2,491 Times in 860 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by m3thods View Post
That was Naslund's last game as a Canuck too wasn't it? Damn what crappy timing since there's no way he's taking some of Trevor's spotlight. Another classy move by a great captain. So much class on the ice that night.
While it turned out that it was Naslund's last game as Canuck, the situation was vastly different though. Linden knew it was his last game before retiring. Naslund was approaching free agency, so it was unknown at the time whether it would be his last game as a Canuck or not. Even without Linden retiring that night, it was unlikely there would have been anything special for Naslund.
This post thanked by:
Closed Thread