REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Closed Thread

Old 05-07-2013, 11:45 AM   #16026
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

I predict a Canucks win tonight
Posted via RS Mobile
Advertisement
Old 05-07-2013, 11:53 AM   #16027
Big Drama Show

Thanked 3,080 Times in 1,195 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
Ever since the finals loss I've pretty much been a neutral observer, tried to have very little emotional ties although still get super tense obviously down 2-1 or when were tied and there is a flurry in front of our net

Invested too much emotionally into the 2011 season after all my efforts and explaining to people that the Canucks were building towards Somthing and to finally see all my talk come to fruition only to see it end in huge disappointment it's hard for me to get on board when I see what I see on the ice, wouldn't say I'm a pessimist or optimist but a realist, my analysis may seem asinine at times but I'd like to think I think the game at a level higher than your average fan, I could write a book on all the little intricacies and eb and flows of the game and how single goals nearly destroyed franchises etc that are far above your typical fans thinking

So after all the 2011 stuff and to see the group that I loved and finally figured they were good enough to win lose like that still an empty feeling

What's the saying, the only thing worse than being hated is indifference?
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 05-07-2013, 11:58 AM   #16028
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 7,151 Times in 2,395 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
Ever since the finals loss I've pretty much been a neutral observer, tried to have very little emotional ties although still get super tense obviously down 2-1 or when were tied and there is a flurry in front of our net

Invested too much emotionally into the 2011 season after all my efforts and explaining to people that the Canucks were building towards Somthing and to finally see all my talk come to fruition only to see it end in huge disappointment it's hard for me to get on board when I see what I see on the ice, wouldn't say I'm a pessimist or optimist but a realist, my analysis may seem asinine at times but I'd like to think I think the game at a level higher than your average fan, I could write a book on all the little intricacies and eb and flows of the game and how single goals nearly destroyed franchises etc that are far above your typical fans thinking

So after all the 2011 stuff and to see the group that I loved and finally figured they were good enough to win lose like that still an empty feeling

What's the saying, the only thing worse than being hated is indifference?
Posted via RS Mobile
Same here. With all that plus the lockout, I cancelled my cable this year so only caught a handful of HNIC games on CBC. Other than that, I haven't followed them much nor am I as emotionally invested as I used to be, win or lose.
2010 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6 - Wifey's Daily Driver
2009 BMW 128i - Daily Driver
2007 Toyota Rav4 Sport V6 - Sold
1999 Mazda Miata - Sold
2003 Mazda Protege5 - Sold
1987 BMW 325is - Sold
1990 Mazda Miata - Sold

100% Buy and Sell Feedback
Old 05-07-2013, 12:05 PM   #16029
JDMEK9Mod | DogWhisperer

Thanked 5,218 Times in 1,611 Posts
that empty feeling, definitely feel that one.
Spoiler!
Old 05-07-2013, 12:13 PM   #16030
manage the cap you say????

Thanked 3,613 Times in 1,181 Posts
I honestly hope Schneids shits the bed within the first period..

Pretty much as a coach you want to start Lu, but from management's perspective you start Schnieds...

Better cue the trade Schnoo over Luu after this game......

\\ ______
  \(ಠ益ಠ)
   >  ヽ
   /   へ\
   /  / \\
   レ ノ   ヽ_つ ayyy lmao
  / /
  / /|
 ( (ヽ
 | |、\
 | 丿 \ ⌒)
 | |  ) /
`ノ )  Lノ
Old 05-07-2013, 12:37 PM   #16031
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Schneider starting? Time to go watch Iron Man?
Old 05-07-2013, 12:41 PM   #16032
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Stop blaming refs. I hear this every year here. It's sad.

Also, schneider is our future starter. He had one bad period don't start the goalie bandwagon again. I understand that luongo has been solid but schneider deserves to play as much as luongo in my opinion.
Old 05-07-2013, 12:42 PM   #16033
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Thanked 1,776 Times in 444 Posts
It's impressive how Facebook is quiet. Shit, here in Winnipeg, people are still talking about the Jets, what they're going to do in the offseason, etc. Vancouver 'fans'? Nothing, no criticism, just indifference? Or is everyone a bandwagoner?

Nevertheless, the best thing that can happen to the organization is a loss tonight. AV will be fine; he won't be jobless for long, but the team clearly lacks strong leadership.

Also, Luongo should stay. Been saying it all along, he's an excellent goalie, but if the team can't score, you can't expect the guy to win games by himself.

http://www.e38registry.org/
Old 05-07-2013, 12:47 PM   #16034
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge

Thanked 6,307 Times in 1,775 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sekin67835 View Post

Also, schneider is our future starter. He had one bad period don't start the goalie bandwagon again. I understand that luongo has been solid but schneider deserves to play as much as luongo in my opinion.
IMO, you don't start a goalie coming off an injury when your other goalie has been LIGHTS OUT in the series.

My FeedBack 53-0-0
This post thanked by:
Old 05-07-2013, 12:48 PM   #16035
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,239 Times in 5,600 Posts
Also it's going to be terrible for his pschye if he gets lit up, the teams psyche actually
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 05-07-2013, 12:55 PM   #16036
...in the world.

Thanked 7,636 Times in 2,321 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bballguy View Post
Best players often get 6-7 year contracts in the NBA....and isn't the 10+year contract shit in the NHL just a way to fuck with the cap hit? I mean usually the guy isn't going to play the full 10+ years of that contract is he? He still gets paid the same amount, but the annual cap hit for the team is less...
Maximum contract length was 7 years. Then it was reduced to 6 years and as of the current NBA CBA, it's 5 years. Miami's Big 3, for example, have 6 year contracts since they signed them before 2011.

And yes, some long term contracts are all about cap circumvention but others are meant to be played for their duration, ending when they're around 35.

Personally, I think all these things are going away with the newest CBA limiting long term contracts. It will be a moot point in a few years but right now, NTCs are in place to give players that sign long term contracts security in exchange for a long term commitment.

There's other factors to consider as well, such as RFA and UFA status.
Old 05-07-2013, 12:58 PM   #16037
...in the world.

Thanked 7,636 Times in 2,321 Posts
I'm also pretty sure AV will have a job next season. Not with the Canucks but plenty of teams are looking for a solid coach.
Old 05-07-2013, 01:09 PM   #16038
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by sekin67835 View Post

Luongo was never the problem, it's the team. Schneider was not the answer to the teams woes. I like Schneider but I hope Luongo wins a cup with a different team for being thrown under the bus. Few key players are gone since Boston finals but the best we have to repalce with is Ebbett
This post thanked by:
Old 05-07-2013, 01:12 PM   #16039
I bringith the lowerballerith

schneider is starting tonight :P
Old 05-07-2013, 01:29 PM   #16040
Banned (ABWS)?

Thanked 3,978 Times in 1,684 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.C View Post
It's impressive how Facebook is quiet. Shit, here in Winnipeg, people are still talking about the Jets, what they're going to do in the offseason, etc. Vancouver 'fans'? Nothing, no criticism, just indifference? Or is everyone a bandwagoner?
Well facebook is facebook. We were discussing about off-season changes a few pages back.
In fact, we're still discussing about AV's firing, which is on the topic of off-season changes.

Then again, Winnipeg recently got their team back. It is an exciting time for them.
There's no excitement for the Canucks. Just full of disappointment.
I don't know about the others, but anything short of a cup is failure to me.
We're not at a point where we should be happy to just make it to the playoffs or win 1 or 2 rounds.

The regular season feels like filler hockey now. I had no problems with the shorter season. Even 48 games felt too long for me. Every season, I'm just eagerly waiting for May, when playoffs start. There's nothing to look forward to in the regular season. We shouldn't be a team fighting for a playoff spot, so it's almost expected to be a "given" that we'll be in the post season once it comes around. (If we don't make it, that's just epic failure beyond all measures)

Playoffs is the only season I really care about now. And the Stanley Cup is the expectation... and it's a disappointing feeling to know we're no where close to become cup contenders and the future seasons just look worse.
Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM
Old 05-07-2013, 02:02 PM   #16041
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

the jets fans are aiming for making the playoffs. they came very close but fell short. the canucks fans are aiming for a stanley cup and now they are on the verge of being swept in the first round, well short of the goal. of course there's no excitement or talk here. people are straight up disappointed and pissed!
Old 05-07-2013, 02:12 PM   #16042
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,587 Times in 631 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzNightmare View Post
The regular season feels like filler hockey now. I had no problems with the shorter season. Even 48 games felt too long for me. Every season, I'm just eagerly waiting for May, when playoffs start. There's nothing to look forward to in the regular season. We shouldn't be a team fighting for a playoff spot, so it's almost expected to be a "given" that we'll be in the post season once it comes around. (If we don't make it, that's just epic failure beyond all measures)

Playoffs is the only season I really care about now. And the Stanley Cup is the expectation... and it's a disappointing feeling to know we're no where close to become cup contenders and the future seasons just look worse.

Won't be an expectation next season...
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 05-07-2013, 02:22 PM   #16043
Throw yo paws in da air!

Thanked 2,778 Times in 956 Posts
Why are you guys not liking the fact that Schneider is starting? Has no one looked into the fact that Schneider has rebounded amazingly after a shit-the-bed game? I can't recall him having 2 back to back starts that have ended horribly. A part of me wants them to lose just so huge changes happen, but part of me wants them to win although let's face it... If we some how survive this round we are for sure making an exit next round...
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 05-07-2013, 02:27 PM   #16044
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 3,842 Times in 879 Posts
so any predictions for tonight? I'd say 0-4

Since SJ never swept a series in playoff history ... its pretty much guaranteed the Canucks are going to hand them their first one
Old 05-07-2013, 02:30 PM   #16045
manage the cap you say????

Thanked 3,613 Times in 1,181 Posts
Game 3 clearly was a sign that Schnoo wasn't really ready (yet)

His 5 hole was fucking bigger than a prostitute's vagina after a gang bang

Lu deserved to play last game and this game, Lu gives us a better chance of winning, based on "riding the hotter goalie" and the goalie who is fresh and ready to go 120%

\\ ______
  \(ಠ益ಠ)
   >  ヽ
   /   へ\
   /  / \\
   レ ノ   ヽ_つ ayyy lmao
  / /
  / /|
 ( (ヽ
 | |、\
 | 丿 \ ⌒)
 | |  ) /
`ノ )  Lノ
Old 05-07-2013, 02:53 PM   #16046

Thanked 3,842 Times in 879 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Not really racist! View Post
Game 3 clearly was a sign that Schnoo wasn't really ready (yet)

His 5 hole was fucking bigger than a prostitute's vagina after a gang bang

Lu deserved to play last game and this game, Lu gives us a better chance of winning, based on "riding the hotter goalie" and the goalie who is fresh and ready to go 120%
Yeah at least let us see Lu play for the nucks one last time..

scumbag AV
Old 05-07-2013, 03:04 PM   #16047
Waxin’ Punks

Thanked 6,031 Times in 2,071 Posts
It's Schneider's team. It's been made clear that Lu is gone. Of course he plays in the elimination game. It's more about the message at this point.

I hope Schneider blanks them tonight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
punkwax, I don't care what your friends say about you, you are gold!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
What do your farts sound like then?
Old 05-07-2013, 03:11 PM   #16048

Thanked 1,022 Times in 450 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodnarb View Post
It's Schneider's team. It's been made clear that Lu is gone. Of course he plays in the elimination game. It's more about the message at this point.
If we get swept. Tables can turn pretty quick if we decide to clean house at the management level.
Old 05-07-2013, 03:36 PM   #16049
Waxin’ Punks

Thanked 6,031 Times in 2,071 Posts
If there's a clean house and a team makeover, I feel the easy choice is to build around a younger, comparable goaltender in Schneider.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
punkwax, I don't care what your friends say about you, you are gold!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
What do your farts sound like then?
Old 05-07-2013, 03:39 PM   #16050
JDMEK9Mod | DogWhisperer

Thanked 5,218 Times in 1,611 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmperorIS View Post
so any predictions for tonight? I'd say 0-4

Since SJ never swept a series in playoff history ... its pretty much guaranteed the Canucks are going to hand them their first one
yup, we are streak busters in the worst way.
Spoiler!
Closed Thread