REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Closed Thread

Old 07-20-2012, 09:21 AM   #2026
RS.net PIMP

Thanked 3,057 Times in 824 Posts
Interesting comments from Scott Parker, former teammate of Steve Moore (couple of years before the Bertuzzi incident), on the Bertuzzi incident, pretty brutally honest, awesome interview

Quote:
MHH: Hey, I still ‘boo' every time Bertuzzi touches the puck. Even when I'm at home watching on TV, I boo.

SCOTT PARKER: Yeah, yeah. He's a good man. He, he is. I mean, he did get dealt some bad cards, and the thing is, [Steve Moore] always thought he was better than everybody else. He went to Harvard, you know what, blow me. College grad. I never went to college, but I can kick your ass. I'll bring you right down to my IQ level if you want. I'll hit you about four times in the skull, that'll bring you right down. So, you know, Todd just, it was one of those games. Markus Naslund, the captain of the Canucks, gets taken out. It was a little sketchy what happened, but, hey. And then Moore, he fought, I think Cooke came after him and then he fought, which wasn't really a fight. Todd wasn't really thrilled with it, they were losing, I think it was 8 to 1 in their home barn.

You don't do that in Canada. You talk about a sport that they love? You talk about Europeans and soccer? That's hockey in Canada. So it's the same way, if you don't respond up there, they will eat you alive.

And Todd, he might have gone overboard, and what's crazy is, even talking to him after the fact and talking to Moe, Morris and other boys that were in that, that happened, I watched that tape about a hundred times, and just the way Todd hit him, and he actually grabbed him to soften his blow when he went down, and what happened was when Moe landed on him, he actually hit the back of his neck and it actually popped up. You know, just the way Todd was holding him.

But you know, it wasn't vicious, it was just, it was the heat of the moment. It was one of those things where you, you want to do something, but you don't know if it's gonna be big, if it's gonna be small, or how it's gonna pan out. But you wanna do something. And Todd, he might not have been right and it might have been a little overboard, but you know, he did something. I mean, at least he responded, at least he tried.

I know he's marked now. People hate him, and it's amazing what that can do to a man, too. It can make you feel this small, you know. And he's not a bad man. He's a great guy and a good family guy, and he just got marked. It's one of those things...
An Afternoon With Former Avalanche Enforcer Scott Parker: Part 2 - Mile High Hockey
Advertisement
Old 07-20-2012, 09:54 AM   #2027
kwy
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,715 Times in 595 Posts
Pretty eye-opening interview.
Old 07-20-2012, 12:52 PM   #2028
RS.net PIMP

Thanked 3,057 Times in 824 Posts
Doan in NY for NHL CBA talks but to meet in person with Rangers

Quote:
After spending two weeks gauging interest and fielding offers, Shane Doan is making his first official visit of free agency Friday, and he is doing it in New York.

Doan, the 35-year-old free agent, who has spent his entire career with the Winnipeg/Phoenix organization, is in New York and meeting with the Rangers brass to discuss a future on Broadway.
Shane Doan in New York visiting with Rangers - ArizonaSports.com
Old 07-20-2012, 01:46 PM   #2029
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,579 Times in 4,296 Posts
FUCK
Old 07-20-2012, 03:03 PM   #2030
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbaz View Post
apparently its not even 4 firsts anymore, because of the way they structured the contract the aav is lower. also because of the rise in the cap the money for each section has risen.so like 5.5-6.5 mil last year is now 6.-7.5 this year or w.e(not exact numbers but same theory). therefore its not 4 firsts but 2 firsts a second and a third.
You may be right on that, the chart I looked at was for 2005-2011. Philly should be willing to give Nashville 4 1st rounders to ease the transfer.
Old 07-20-2012, 03:40 PM   #2031
y'all better put some respeck on my name

Thanked 9,244 Times in 2,359 Posts
I really hope Gillis plugs in the holes before training camp. We need a d man and a forward and there doesn't seem to be much out there. And everyday that passes it seems like Gillis might have to give up Lu for some prospects.
Old 07-20-2012, 05:48 PM   #2032
I'm better than you.

Thanked 3,087 Times in 658 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jah Dean:7981034
I really hope Gillis plugs in the holes before training camp. We need a d man and a forward and there doesn't seem to be much out there. And everyday that passes it seems like Gillis might have to give up Lu for some prospects.
I think our D is fine now, assuming Tanev is going to play full time.

'14 Toyota Yaris [Work Daily]
'89 Toyota Cressida MX83 [Collector's status]
'15 Honda Ruckus [Summer cruiser]
'96 Toyota Hilux Surf KZN185 [Weekend Warrior]

Buy & Sell Ratings!
Old 07-21-2012, 01:23 PM   #2033
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,487 Times in 1,686 Posts
This impending Luongo trade is really testing my patience with Gillis.

Last edited by pastarocket; 07-21-2012 at 01:30 PM.
Old 07-21-2012, 02:19 PM   #2034
Big Drama Show

Thanked 3,080 Times in 1,195 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pastarocket View Post
This impending Luongo trade is really testing my patience with Gillis.
Yeah, he better take any lowball offer and run!!!

Facepalm.jpg
This post thanked by:
Old 07-21-2012, 02:21 PM   #2035
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 4,282 Times in 587 Posts
been checking here and nhl.com in hopes for new updates but still nothing
her: why are all guys asking the same f**king question?
me: i uno.... so can I tap that
her: stfu you got a gf
me: tap together?

no reply...
Old 07-21-2012, 03:04 PM   #2036
I bringith the lowerballerith

Hockeyy Insiderr ‏@HockeyyInsiderr
Yesterday Doan visited the #NYRangers. He was VERY impressed with the conditions/facilities and chances of winning.

Today Doan is in Philadelphia meeting with #Flyers management. Keeping option open but waiting for #Preds decision on Weber.

Monday Doan will be visiting Pittsburgh. Has scheduled meeting with Shero and possibly Lemieux. Hearing #Pens might have Crosby present also

For the rest of the week, Doan is also expected to meet with #Habsand #Sabres reps and visit Montreal and Buffalo. Then back to west coast.

Western conference teams that Doan has on his list are #SJSharksand #Canucks (strong possibility for VAN am being told).

Also don't exclude #RedWings and #Coyotes (if talks turn around) from Doan's consideration. They are on his list. Next tweet= EXACT list.

Shane Doan's list of teams he is considering joining next year:#NYRangers #Flyers #Pens #Habs #Sabres #Coyotes #RedWings#Canucks #SJSharks

This is it for Doan update. Again, very impressed with #NYRangersyesterday. No verbal agreement in place however. Still open to alloptions

nothing special
This post FAILED by:
Old 07-21-2012, 03:12 PM   #2037
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,579 Times in 4,296 Posts
Good thing we have one of the best facilities in the NHL then, hopefully it isn't raining when he is here
Old 07-21-2012, 03:13 PM   #2038
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,235 Times in 1,221 Posts
Doans being a big slut right now, giving everyone a taste lol
Old 07-21-2012, 03:28 PM   #2039
kwy

Quote:
Originally Posted by OGCStrike View Post
Yesterday Doan visited the #NYRangers. He was VERY impressed with the conditions/facilities and chances of winning.

Today Doan is in Philadelphia meeting with #Flyers management. Keeping option open but waiting for #Preds decision on Weber.

Monday Doan will be visiting Pittsburgh. Has scheduled meeting with Shero and possibly Lemieux. Hearing #Pens might have Crosby present also

For the rest of the week, Doan is also expected to meet with #Habsand #Sabres reps and visit Montreal and Buffalo. Then back to west coast.

Western conference teams that Doan has on his list are #SJSharksand #Canucks (strong possibility for VAN am being told).

Also don't exclude #RedWings and #Coyotes (if talks turn around) from Doan's consideration. They are on his list. Next tweet= EXACT list.

Shane Doan's list of teams he is considering joining next year:#NYRangers #Flyers #Pens #Habs #Sabres #Coyotes #RedWings#Canucks #SJSharks

This is it for Doan update. Again, very impressed with #NYRangersyesterday. No verbal agreement in place however. Still open to alloptions

nothing special
Unfollow this fucking clown because he pulls random shit out of his asshole and just posts rumours any idiot could find on the internet.
This post thanked by:
Old 07-21-2012, 04:26 PM   #2040
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 3,846 Times in 885 Posts
yea, hockeyy insiderr is not a good source.
This post thanked by:
Old 07-21-2012, 05:37 PM   #2041
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Thanked 11,193 Times in 2,275 Posts
this just in
SHANE DOAN WANTS TO PLAY EVERYWHERE
fucking dumb cunt that account is
This post thanked by:
Old 07-21-2012, 06:32 PM   #2042
...in the world.

Thanked 7,636 Times in 2,321 Posts
What a stupid Twitter account.

Oh hey, Shane Doan is considering a bunch of teams. OH WAIT, YOU MEAN LIKE BEING AN UNRESTRICTED FREE AGENT?!
This post thanked by:
Old 07-21-2012, 09:45 PM   #2043
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,809 Times in 8,186 Posts
I don't blame any NHLer for wanting to join the Rangers after watching 24/7
Old 07-21-2012, 10:04 PM   #2044
Hyde's Understudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7seven View Post
Interesting comments from Scott Parker, former teammate of Steve Moore (couple of years before the Bertuzzi incident), on the Bertuzzi incident, pretty brutally honest, awesome interview

An Afternoon With Former Avalanche Enforcer Scott Parker: Part 2 - Mile High Hockey
So the interview was a few years before it happened?
How does that happen?
This post FAILED by:
Old 07-21-2012, 10:15 PM   #2045
I STILL don't get it

dude, anyone that follows hockeyinsiderr just do yourself a favor and delete him, hes just an attention whore he doesn't know shit and then whenever he reads something on the net he will repost it first while the legit guys are double checking the source so sometimes he may seem to be ahead of them. Hes such a dumbass, last week the sharks website accidentally reposted an article from 2 years ago saying we were inquiring about Modano and he quickly updated saying SJ had offered modano a 1 year contract
This post thanked by:
Old 07-21-2012, 10:34 PM   #2046
kwy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackZRoadster View Post
How does that happen?

Wut? He obviously means that Parker was a teammate of Moore's a couple years before the Bertuzzi incident, not that the interview was done a couple years before the incident.
Old 07-22-2012, 12:31 AM   #2047
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 3,842 Times in 879 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackZRoadster View Post
How does that happen?
Old 07-22-2012, 12:20 PM   #2048

Thanked 2,558 Times in 925 Posts
LOL webers offer sheet just exposed that richer teams can just bully the poorer teams by offering front loaded contracts.
Old 07-22-2012, 12:34 PM   #2049
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,316 Times in 5,636 Posts
That loophole will be closed before the season starts though
Old 07-22-2012, 12:39 PM   #2050

Thanked 2,558 Times in 925 Posts
Wouldnt be surprised if we are done fixing up our roster, check out next years UFA and RFA
imagine toronto sends bruins an offer sheet to Seguin & rask (former leaf draft picks)

CapGeek.com :: The definitive source for NHL salary cap data and player contracts :: NHL Free Agents

CapGeek.com :: The definitive source for NHL salary cap data and player contracts :: NHL Free Agents
Closed Thread