REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Closed Thread

Old 06-24-2012, 10:24 PM   #601
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 4,282 Times in 587 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwy View Post
I don't hate Kane..Bolland is another story. Fuck that guy.

Chicago/Vancouver making deals..this has got to be some sort of fucked up joke
Advertisement
her: why are all guys asking the same f**king question?
me: i uno.... so can I tap that
her: stfu you got a gf
me: tap together?

no reply...
This post thanked by:
Old 06-24-2012, 10:27 PM   #602

Thanked 4,282 Times in 587 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthchilli View Post
i cant see TB as a suitor for lui
they have lindback
but in reality, we have to eat up Vinny's contract which is just as bad as Luongo's, hell theres no room for him here down the middle and vinny is most likely to come bck
Yeah I agree. With Lindback, TB most liekly removed themselves from the market. Come to think of it, I swear I see FLA as a very good suitor. FLA has a goalie prospect Markstrom, 22 years old, and probably not ready to take over yet; FLA has cap space for Luongo as a good mentor. Plus he met his wife there, and has a home there. Just has to find a way to fix lu's salary in a budget LLOL

Edit:
Quote:
David Pagnotta ‏@TheFourthPeriod Regarding Luongo, initial typo in story that was fixed. If you didn't see, Canucks want Nick Bjugstad and FLA says no http://bit.ly/MtvEAd
her: why are all guys asking the same f**king question?
me: i uno.... so can I tap that
her: stfu you got a gf
me: tap together?

no reply...

Last edited by cliffhanger33; 06-24-2012 at 10:35 PM.
Old 06-24-2012, 10:32 PM   #603
Banned By Establishment

What a headache...we are a like the spca trying to find a home for abandon animals, except its for Lu...poor guy...lol
Old 06-24-2012, 11:03 PM   #604

Thanked 1,057 Times in 429 Posts
Since were not getting players we want for Lu, i think we should just keep him until a team is playing like shit and a GMs job is on the line, he'll make a trade for Luongo to save his job
Old 06-24-2012, 11:52 PM   #605
Big Drama Show

Thanked 3,080 Times in 1,195 Posts
lol at teams thinking they can get Lu for peanuts, just like how hondaracer thinks we can get bobby.ryan for booth and raymond
Old 06-25-2012, 12:04 AM   #606
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 1,314 Times in 540 Posts
Fuck, I can't believe Lu's fall from grace was this bad.

I remember 5 years ago, this guy was only 2nd to Sidney Crosby about GM's wanting to build a franchise around. Now we're struggling to get "Gardiner" for him?
Old 06-25-2012, 03:16 AM   #607
...in the world.

Thanked 7,636 Times in 2,321 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayare604 View Post
lol at teams thinking they can get Lu for peanuts, just like how hondaracer thinks we can get bobby.ryan for booth and raymond
Let's never speak of that again.
Old 06-25-2012, 06:13 AM   #608
RS.net PIMP

Thanked 3,057 Times in 824 Posts
Quote:
Aaron Portzline ‏@Aportzline
Luongo using the power of his no-trade to "steer" a trade to #Panthers as much as possible at this point in off-season.
https://twitter.com/Aportzline/statu...40753729044481

Quote:
Aaron Portzline ‏@Aportzline
Told by very good source #Canucks G Roberto Luongo has - to this point -- declined to waive no-trade clause to go to #Blackhawks or #Leafs.
https://twitter.com/Aportzline/statu...38812118614016

Reliable Columbus beat writer
Old 06-25-2012, 06:20 AM   #609
My homepage has been set to RS

^

Was just about to post that. Looks like the Canucks want Bjustad coming back the other way.

Quote:
The latest of a flurry of trade rumors concerning Vancouver Canucks goalie Roberto Luongo comes courtesy an American magazine called The Fourth Period. The magazine says Roberto Luongo is only willing to go to the Florida Panthers.
As the hockey world, Digital Journal included, is waiting with great anticipation to hear the gold-medal winning goalie will be shipped to the Toronto Maple Leafs, the Panthers, his former club, may have the inside edge on Bobby Lou's future. The Fourth Period says they do. "The Florida Panthers are serious about bringing back Roberto Luongo to South Florida, one league source told TFP on Sunday," the magazine wrote in a brief story on June 24. "Speaking on the basis of anonymity, the source indicated that Luongo is now only willing to waive his no-movement clause to Florida, where he spends his off-seasons." Something holding up the deal, the magazine says, is Vancouver GM Mike Gillis wants a package that includes the Panthers 2010 Entry Draft 19th overall pick, Nick Bjugstad. He's a skilled center from Minnesota and at 6' 4" has size to go with tremendous skating ability. Bjugstad was drafted out of high-school but has excelled in two years at college since. Florida Panthers or Toronto Maple Leafs or... Obviously, without a source being named, it's hard to gauge the accuracy of the report. The magazine is becoming a respected hockey publication, it's been publishing regularly since 2009, and may be loathe to risk a reputation on shoddy research. Luongo played for the Panthers for five seasons, after being traded there by the team that drafted him, the New York Islanders - he played only 24 games with New York - and was popular during a time when the club was not strong. They did not once make the playoffs during his stay but Luongo had a winning record of 35-30-9 in his last season there, the 2005-06 season. The other selling point is that his wife is from Miami and the Luongo family returns there for the summer months. Given Leafs GM Brian Burke said at the junior draft in Pittsburgh that Gillis was asking too much, and Columbus, the Penguins and Tampa Bay have gone in another direction to solve their goaltending needs, The Fourth Period may be on to something. Of course there's always the Chicago Blackhawks....

http://www.digitaljournal.com/articl...#ixzz1ylAeywBa
Quote:
Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie
Lot of Luongo talk about waiving/not waiving NTC. Here's my take: Process has yet to be that formal. His obvious preference is FLA, but...
Quote:
...if FLA doesn't pan out, doors to TOR or elsewhere are not by any means closed. Step by step process that hasn't be formalized in any way.
Quote:
End of day, Luongo has to make sure he doesn't end up in CHI...with AHL Wolves. Right now, tho, FLA and TOR think VAN asking price too high.
Old 06-25-2012, 06:25 AM   #610
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,815 Times in 8,189 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noir View Post
Fuck, I can't believe Lu's fall from grace was this bad.

I remember 5 years ago, this guy was only 2nd to Sidney Crosby about GM's wanting to build a franchise around. Now we're struggling to get "Gardiner" for him?

Welcome to Vancouver!

Spoiler!
This post thanked by:
Old 06-25-2012, 06:27 AM   #611
ESKETIT

Thanked 9,648 Times in 2,303 Posts
lol every goalie that comes to vancouver gets shitted on so badly no matter how well they do

but seriously luongo to chicago? that would be preety messed.
Old 06-25-2012, 06:43 AM   #612
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

What we know is that there was no wish list of teams as earlier reported by media. Regardless of trade talks with "other" teams, it was suppose to allow the ask for Luongo to go up (competition from other teams talking to Gillis). This sees to have not worked out, because not enough teams got in the hunt and the asking price has been to high.

It was only a matter of time before the reports that Luongo wants back in Florida would start to surface. That's just the place that makes most sense. So now if Gillis is to have any leverage in trade talks he would have to wait until the other teams get desperate. Can you imagine Florida playing well before the trade deadline and Theodore just shitting the bed next season? That would put a lot of pressure on Tallon to make move for Luongo given the circumstances. Maybe Luongo's value is higher once the season starts? He can show what he can do and what other teams are "missing" That being said, what if he starts playing bad?
Old 06-25-2012, 06:51 AM   #613

Also, a telling part of where trade talks are with Gillis is from this quote:

Quote:
It hasn't been close for me; I'm the problem," Gillis said when asked about trading Luongo. "This is a significant consideration for our organization. It's not going to be done lightly, not going to be done in a hurry and it's certainly not going to be done because of the pressure of selecting kids [at the draft] who in all likelihood aren't even going to be involved in this deal. I don't feel any pressure whatsoever to have done something this weekend.

"When I do the calculation, there are 15 legitimate No. 1 goalies in the world and [Luongo] is one of them. Contrary to what people may think or describe, there's a tremendous amount of interest in players who are high-end players in this league. And finding a fit is occasionally more challenging, but there's definitely fits to be found."
He's putting weight in waiting for the right deal. Maybe more deals will come during the season. A player they want isn't fitting with the current team, a team needs a change, anything can happen.

If the Canucks did make a deal with the Panthers, I want Nick Bjugstad. a 6'4/6'5 American Centre. I drafted the kid for my keeper league like 2 yrs ago, but because of roster space had to waive him
Old 06-25-2012, 09:46 AM   #614
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,063 Times in 1,182 Posts
Pointing out the obvious:

Toronto = media spotlight
Florida = nobody cares about hockey

So Luongo would probably do better in Florida.
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
Old 06-25-2012, 09:55 AM   #615
RS.net PIMP

Thanked 3,057 Times in 824 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumby View Post
Pointing out the obvious:

Toronto = media spotlight
Florida = nobody cares about hockey

So Luongo would probably do better in Florida.
Another big factor, aside from family/city living conditions, most fans don't realize for players when deciding where they want to play is tax considerations. That is why Florida and Texas pro sports teams are an attractive option, no State income tax, makes a big difference when salaries are in the millions.
Old 06-25-2012, 10:49 AM   #616
kwy

Thanked 1,715 Times in 595 Posts
I can't believe we can't even get back no-names for one of the best goalies in the world.
Old 06-25-2012, 10:51 AM   #617
Big Drama Show

Thanked 3,080 Times in 1,195 Posts
you can thank the shaky playoff performances and that massive contract (yes, I know, the contract isn't as bad as it looks)
This post thanked by:
Old 06-25-2012, 10:54 AM   #618
kwy

Thanked 1,715 Times in 595 Posts
Toronto should just suck it up and deal..they need a real starting goalie. They're running a bunch of 3rd string bums right now. Then again, if I were Luongo, I wouldn't want to play in that market. Just as much scrutiny as in Vancouver, if not more.
Old 06-25-2012, 10:58 AM   #619
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Quote:
News1130 ‏@News1130radio
Canucks to part ways with Oreskovich and Rome
so it looks like we traded Grabner, Bernier and our first rounder (Howden) for just Ballard haha
Old 06-25-2012, 11:01 AM   #620
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,022 Times in 450 Posts
Quote:
Toronto should just suck it up and deal..they need a real starting goalie. They're running a bunch of 3rd string bums right now. Then again, if I were Luongo, I wouldn't want to play in that market. Just as much scrutiny as in Vancouver, if not more.
I'm not a believer that Toronto sans goalie issues is a playoff team. The right thing to do is to rebuild. But it's Toronto and Brian Burke, so likely something will happen.
Old 06-25-2012, 11:06 AM   #621
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Just read that tootoo will test the FA market. Don't know about u guys but I'd love to have this guy on the team. Tootoo train!!!! Get 'er done MG!
Old 06-25-2012, 11:07 AM   #622
mb_
WUB WUB WUB WUB WUB

Thanked 7,010 Times in 1,890 Posts
^no
Old 06-25-2012, 11:08 AM   #623
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,581 Times in 4,297 Posts
I hate fucken Tootoo
Old 06-25-2012, 11:08 AM   #624
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,063 Times in 1,182 Posts
Quote:
I can't believe we can't even get back no-names for one of the best goalies in the world.
MG doesn't want a bunch of no-names in exchange for Luongo...
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
Old 06-25-2012, 11:11 AM   #625

Gillis is kind of limited. If truth be told, and Florida is the only place on Luongo's list, Tallon holds the leverage. That leverage gets less and less, depending on how the season plays out.

If Florida starts shitting the bed, and they have a goalie need (how can they not? Theodore is in net!) then you have to think a deal for Luongo would make sense.