REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Closed Thread

Old 03-31-2013, 08:48 PM   #11776
Orgasm Donor & Alatar owned my ass twice!

Thanked 4,387 Times in 1,145 Posts
I'm changing my name to RevYouUp and be like "damn! You guys got in here before me!
Posted via RS Mobile
Advertisement
Old 03-31-2013, 08:51 PM   #11777
My homepage has been set to RS

I hope Jensen coming up and playing with the Sedins right away isn't a showcase before the deadline..

Seems like something that GMMG would do.
Old 03-31-2013, 08:57 PM   #11778
I STILL don't get it

lol no way, there is only 1 game until the deadline ..
Old 03-31-2013, 09:00 PM   #11779

I've just learned to prepare myself for anything with this organization haha.
Old 03-31-2013, 09:08 PM   #11780
manage the cap you say????

Thanked 3,613 Times in 1,181 Posts
Would shed a tear if Jensen gets dealt.. highly unlikely though

\\ ______
  \(ಠ益ಠ)
   >  ヽ
   /   へ\
   /  / \\
   レ ノ   ヽ_つ ayyy lmao
  / /
  / /|
 ( (ヽ
 | |、\
 | 丿 \ ⌒)
 | |  ) /
`ノ )  Lノ
Old 03-31-2013, 09:11 PM   #11781
Mod.

Thanked 1,769 Times in 684 Posts
if Jensen gets dealt, then we have pretty much NO prospects to look forward to. That would be as bad as giving Messier the C
97 Civic CX (POS)

Old 03-31-2013, 09:12 PM   #11782
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,576 Times in 4,294 Posts
Canucks fielding calls on Luongo ahead of trade deadline

Quote:
With the NHL trade deadline less than three days away, the Vancouver Canucks continue to field calls about goaltender Roberto Luongo.

"[GM Mike Gillis] is in discussion with multiple teams," Canucks assistant general manager Laurence Gilman told TSN's Farhan Lalji. "Talks are beyond the 'tire kicking' stage."

While not stating the teams involved for Luongo's services, Gilman did lay out some of what the club could be looking for in a trade.

"We need a third-line centre, but no one is going to steal Roberto from us," Gilman stated. "We're not moving him for a rental. We need something for today and tomorrow."

The 33-year-old has posted a 7-4-3 record this season with a 2.44 goals-against average and a .904 save percentage.

Luongo has nine years remaining after this season on a 12-year deal he signed with the Canucks prior to the 2010-11 season. His contract carries an average annual value of $5.333 million.

A three-time NHL All-Star, Luongo has been mired in a battle for playing time with Canucks keeper Cory Schneider for much of the past two seasons. The pair shared the William M. Jennings Trophy in 2010-11 for posting the league's lowest goals-against average.

A veteran of 13 NHL seasons, Luongo has posted a 346-287-53 record with a .919 save percentage and a 2.52 goals-against average in 743 career games.

Luongo was originally drafted by the New York Islanders fourth overall at the 1997 NHL Entry Draft. He would be dealt three years later when the Islanders took Rick DiPietro with the first overall selection in 2000. The Canucks acquired him via trade from the Florida Panthers in 2006.

He has represented Canada internationally on numerous occasions winning gold at the 2010 Olympics in Vancouver along with two World Championship golds, the 2004 World Cup of Hockey and a silver medal at the 1999 World Junior Championships.

Though unable to lead the Canucks to a Stanley Cup, Luongo has appeared in 61 playoff games for the club, posting a 32-29 record with a 2.53 goals-against average and a .916 save percentage.
Old 03-31-2013, 09:18 PM   #11783
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 3,842 Times in 879 Posts
tis gonna be a sad day for vancouver if Luongo gets traded
Old 03-31-2013, 09:22 PM   #11784
rsx
Lomac owned my ass at least once

Thanked 3,463 Times in 820 Posts
Should be an interesting deadline. I doubt much movement will happen. The top teams are really stacked and I wonder if teams that limp in even bother trying to make a run (through trades)
Old 03-31-2013, 10:15 PM   #11785
UFO
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Quote:
Originally Posted by !Nhan View Post
throws grabner into a checking role where he can't accel as a scorer. gets traded and shows what he can really do in that role.
It's annoying when people bring up Grabner, and his 30+ goal season with the islanders. He was traded, showed he couldn't even MAKE the team he was traded to, then got waived. The Islanders picked him up for nothing, because it cost them nothing, and their team sucked donkey balls, so they could afford the risk of giving Grabner the big minutes and ample opportunity to screw up. Graber had opportunity here, I recall his regular linemates being Raymond and Kesler as a speed line.

Think about the big picture, how dire would the Canucks as a team need to be before fresh rookies who have proven nothing are given first line minutes? It's one thing to develop them, its another thing completely to throw them into the deep and hope they can come up swimming. Look at how stacked the Oilers are with young talent, and how 'good' of a hockey team they really are? Maybe next year, they'll make the playoffs, maybe. Or maybe the year after that. If not, the year after that their younguns should be seasoned enough, and their new top 5 draft picks should have some experience by then too. I know a lot of you guys are young, and probably don't remember the dark ages before the WCE came to down. I don't want to relive those days EVER, except unless maybe we bring a cup home. /rant

Back to trade talk, we all know the Canucks need a 2/3 center. Bozak's name has been thrown around plenty. I don't follow the Leafs closely, but I find it interesting Gardiner's been kept out of the lineup lately, him and Carlyle not getting along so well, perhaps dating back to Anaheim even? Pure speculation on my part of course, and it will take Lu+1st+ I don't know what to bring Bozak and Gardiner in return. Maybe even Schneider is on the blocks. Getting pulled after 2 goals, despite only on 2 shots, is not typical of AV.
This post thanked by:
Old 03-31-2013, 10:25 PM   #11786
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Thanked 11,193 Times in 2,275 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by UFO View Post
It's annoying when people bring up Grabner, and his 30+ goal season with the islanders. He was traded, showed he couldn't even MAKE the team he was traded to, then got waived. The Islanders picked him up for nothing, because it cost them nothing, and their team sucked donkey balls, so they could afford the risk of giving Grabner the big minutes and ample opportunity to screw up. Graber had opportunity here, I recall his regular linemates being Raymond and Kesler as a speed line.
Grabner has no one to blame but himself, he admitted to be given a reality check when he couldn't crack one of the worst teams in the league
Old 03-31-2013, 10:46 PM   #11787
...in the world.

Thanked 7,636 Times in 2,321 Posts
Look, the best teams are where everyone plays at both ends of the ice. Look at Detroit. Datsyuk and Zetterberg are amazing offensive players but they're also lights out defenders. Look at Pittsburgh. You think Crosby sits high waiting for a pass? Offense will only get you so far. Why do you think those Capitals teams of the last 5 years never won anything? It's not a coincidence.

I'd take a pass on players that can't at least play decent defense. CoHo is scoring plenty but his team is 13th in the East.
This post thanked by:
Old 04-01-2013, 12:10 AM   #11788
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

^ Good point. Also take into consideration that Detroit has a development program where prospects have to play defence or develop their capacity for it. This is why they shoot for two way players in the first round and as for the offensive threats, they make damn sure that they develop their D game.

LA also had a plethora of 2 way players as well and I know Nashville has never won a cup or are unlikely to win one soon, but it's all about a system that transforms players into two way threats. Nashville has that system where players buy into that defensive philosophy.
Old 04-01-2013, 03:06 AM   #11789
Big Drama Show

Thanked 3,080 Times in 1,195 Posts
Honestly, I'm taking this with a grain of salt...remember when Gillis said there was a trade in place regarding Luongo, pending a certain player's contract or whatever?

They've been doing everything they can to build his stock
Old 04-01-2013, 06:53 AM   #11790
MOD

Thanked 7,553 Times in 1,957 Posts
@EdmontonOilers GM Steve Tambellini announces #Oilers have agreed to terms with defenceman Ladislav Smid on a 4-year contract extension ($3.5 AAV)
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 04-01-2013, 07:03 AM   #11791

Thanked 5,474 Times in 2,095 Posts
my god

Jensen JUST got called up and has yet to play ONE game and some of you guys are already talking about him getting dealt...
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 04-01-2013, 09:51 AM   #11792

^ Clearly not a very serious discussion haha.

Quote:
Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger 1h
CBJ will be a buyer. Columbus would be willing to part with 1 of their 3 first rnd draft picks for a scoring forward. #tradecentre
I keep forgetting Columbus has 3 first rounders haha.. kind of ridiculous. Guess they think they can make a push for the playoffs this year. Would be nice to see for sure.
Old 04-01-2013, 09:55 AM   #11793
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,576 Times in 4,294 Posts
It's a deep draft year as well isnt it?
Old 04-01-2013, 10:04 AM   #11794

Yeah supposed to be one of the deepest drafts in a while.

Quote:
Renaud Lavoie ‏@RenLavoieRDS34s
No more contract extension talks for #stars Derek Roy. Hearing Canucks have interest in him. We'll see if he'll be traded or not. #RDS
Quote:
Vancouver Canucks ‏@VanCanucks 7m
It's official. Canucks Sports & Entertainment agrees to purchase the Peoria Rivermen franchise from St. Louis Blues.
I've heard the plan is to move that franchise to Abby. Would be sweet to have the farm in our backyard.

Last edited by kristianhay; 04-01-2013 at 10:14 AM.
Old 04-01-2013, 10:35 AM   #11795
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,118 Times in 530 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kristianhay View Post
^ Clearly not a very serious discussion haha.

I keep forgetting Columbus has 3 first rounders haha.. kind of ridiculous. Guess they think they can make a push for the playoffs this year. Would be nice to see for sure.
Kinda funny how everyone was on Scott Howson's ass for not doing shit yet he left the club second in history in making the playoffs and 3 first rounders in a deep draft.

If I was Columbus, I would keep those picks and continue the rebuilding.
Old 04-01-2013, 10:36 AM   #11796
I STILL don't get it

Raymond not skating today..

Upcoming UFA, 2 days before trade deadline..

hmm..
Old 04-01-2013, 10:36 AM   #11797
JDMEK9Mod | DogWhisperer

Thanked 5,218 Times in 1,611 Posts
it just makes logistical sense to do it that way.
Spoiler!
Old 04-01-2013, 11:01 AM   #11798
manage the cap you say????

Thanked 3,613 Times in 1,181 Posts
Since HF boards is reporting that Higgins will be re-signing.. not really a surprise Raymond will go, it was either one

Just hope Higgy will re-sign for cheaper
Raymond is more offensively gifted but Higgins does more of the dirty stuff and Raymond's value is probably at its highest right now

Rumors lurking regarding Clowe, Torres and the aforementioned Roy too
Gillis better not be trolling

and if this hasn't been posted

Iain MacIntyre ‏@imacVanSun2m
Nicklas Jensen skating 1st line w Sedins. Burrows back at C between Higgins, Hansen. Sweatt with Schroeder, Lapierre.

\\ ______
  \(ಠ益ಠ)
   >  ヽ
   /   へ\
   /  / \\
   レ ノ   ヽ_つ ayyy lmao
  / /
  / /|
 ( (ヽ
 | |、\
 | 丿 \ ⌒)
 | |  ) /
`ノ )  Lノ
Old 04-01-2013, 11:06 AM   #11799
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not really racist! View Post
Iain MacIntyre ‏@imacVanSun2m
Nicklas Jensen skating 1st line w Sedins. Burrows back at C between Higgins, Hansen. Sweatt with Schroeder, Lapierre.
This has got to be the first time in his tenure here in Vancouver that AV has put a rookie in the first line without riding them in the 4th line for an entire season.
Old 04-01-2013, 11:06 AM   #11800
Need to Seek Professional Help

Raymond has an "upper body injury" according to Team1040
Closed Thread