REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Closed Thread

Old 04-09-2013, 09:34 AM   #13101
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,574 Times in 4,294 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dinamix View Post
Im sold on roy. Im not bitter about the hodgson trade anymore. Roy is a perfect replacement for hodgson on that third line.

Gillis reedeemed himself with this trade.

Derek Roy does his best Jordan Eberle Impression -sick goal- Sabres @ Senators 10.09.10 - YouTube
Posted via RS Mobile
That's only if we can resign him in the off seaons for a reasonible price.
Advertisement
Old 04-09-2013, 09:51 AM   #13102
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,587 Times in 631 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dinamix View Post
Your one of the few who actually witnessed an own goal live.
Posted via RS Mobile
Can somebody please tell me what this guy is trying to say?...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mj_39 View Post
Because in today's game having a top 5 goalie isn't AS important as icing the best players possible. One thing you are forgetting is Luongo can still be a top 5 goalie so if the return is greater for Corey by all means they should make that happen. I could understand your statement if we had no replacement for Corey

Again this is my opinion I don't expect everyone to agree with me but this is how I feel.
I completely disagree....a hot goalie can single-handedly win you entire series in the playoffs...look at Pittsburgh's situation when Fleury shits the bed come playoffs...

!
This post thanked by:
Old 04-09-2013, 09:55 AM   #13103
manage the cap you say????

Thanked 3,613 Times in 1,181 Posts
inb4 dinamix says u butt hurt? / did i rustle your jimmies

on a related note

Roy is definitely due for a huge raise since his contract ends... if we dump Booth and Lu and our RFAs sign for a reasonable amount, we can probably squeeze him in for 5 - 5.5 MAX (for us) /year and still have some lee-way (though not much) for call-ups / extra roster players if players get injured and don't need to go on LTIR

\\ ______
  \(ಠ益ಠ)
   >  ヽ
   /   へ\
   /  / \\
   レ ノ   ヽ_つ ayyy lmao
  / /
  / /|
 ( (ヽ
 | |、\
 | 丿 \ ⌒)
 | |  ) /
`ノ )  Lノ
This post thanked by:
Old 04-09-2013, 10:00 AM   #13104

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not really racist! View Post
inb4 dinamix says u butt hurt? / did i rustle your jimmies

on a related note

Roy is definitely due for a huge raise since his contract ends... if we dump Booth and Lu and our RFAs sign for a reasonable amount, we can probably squeeze him in for 5 - 5.5 MAX (for us) /year and still have some lee-way (though not much) for call-ups / extra roster players if players get injured and don't need to go on LTIR
That's what I was thinking; trading Lu for nothing isn't all that big of a deal is it? With the extra cap space we'd get from trading him, we can retain our core guys while still being able to make another decent signing, no?
Old 04-09-2013, 10:01 AM   #13105
UFO
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayare604 View Post
Lets trade a 27 year old goalie who has still yet to reach his prime, instead of a declining 34 year old goalie with an ugly contract

Makes sense
Posted via RS Mobile
Makes sense when Luongo couldn't even return a leafs backup goalie and 2 2nd round picks. Yeah you'd rather move the older guy with a beastly contract, but no GM has proven dumb enough so far to give up assets on par for a Luongo quality player and pick up the contract too. MG should give feaster a call in the summer
Old 04-09-2013, 10:05 AM   #13106
My homepage has been set to RS

So what happened to Tanev? Was he jsut a healthy scratch?

If this is still in my sig, it's still avail.
Old 04-09-2013, 10:07 AM   #13107
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 2,699 Times in 1,158 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by falcon View Post
So what happened to Tanev? Was he jsut a healthy scratch?
Knee was injured from shot blocking. Day to day.
fml
Old 04-09-2013, 10:07 AM   #13108
Say NO to blade grinders!

Thanked 1,256 Times in 580 Posts
We will be giving away Lu for a bag of pucks come Draft Day for sure.

I don't think we will see Roy in a Canucks uniform next year. The reason why Dallas couldn't sign him was because he wanted the big bucks for him and he was their 1st/2nd line center. I don't see Gillis paying 5M+ for a third line center. This will probably be his last big money contract and the market is thin next year.
Old 04-09-2013, 10:15 AM   #13109
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,118 Times in 530 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by roastpuff View Post
Knee was injured from shot blocking. Day to day.
Tanev out from Tim Jackman's hit on Saturday.

Roy probably not going to get resigned. No way Gillis pays him more than Kesler/Sedins on the team. Unless Roy takes less money to stay on a winning team, he's gone after this season.
Old 04-09-2013, 10:17 AM   #13110
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 2,558 Times in 925 Posts
Roy at 5mill cap hit max unless front loaded contract
Old 04-09-2013, 10:23 AM   #13111
UFO

Quote:
Because in today's game having a top 5 goalie isn't AS important as icing the best players possible. One thing you are forgetting is Luongo can still be a top 5 goalie so if the return is greater for Corey by all means they should make that happen. I could understand your statement if we had no replacement for Corey

Again this is my opinion I don't expect everyone to agree with me but this is how I feel.
I agree there, at least for the next couple years. We're not getting rid of Cory and having Bob essensa take over. Luongo is still a top notch elite nhl goalie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballguy View Post
I completely disagree....a hot goalie can single-handedly win you entire series in the playoffs...look at Pittsburgh's situation when Fleury shits the bed come playoffs...
I agree with you there too. But how many series has Cory stolen? Who's to say we won't see early season Cory reappear come playoffs? I think you build a team solid enough you dont have to rely on a hot goalie to steal you series. Expecting a goalie to get hot and steal games is always a crapshoot.

Quote:
That's what I was thinking; trading Lu for nothing isn't all that big of a deal is it? With the extra cap space we'd get from trading him, we can retain our core guys while still being able to make another decent signing, no?
Well his caphit is 5.3m. Get rid of that, you have enough to sign a decent backup for 1-1.5, resign a Raymond at 3, and a Lappy at 1. You've made no improvements to the team, and done nothing to restock the prospect pool.

Making a good hockey trade for either goalie, you bring in a player already under contract to hopefully upgrade your current roster, and you get a chance at a prospect and draft pick, and hopefully a few bucks leftover on cap space
This post thanked by:
Old 04-09-2013, 10:30 AM   #13112
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,238 Times in 5,599 Posts
Somone is going to take Lu it's just a matter of time, outside of the contract Lu himself can be a marketing machine for a Shitty franchise
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 04-09-2013, 10:33 AM   #13113
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,046 Times in 1,176 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
Somone is going to take Lu it's just a matter of time, outside of the contract Lu himself can be a marketing machine for a Shitty franchise
But what are the chances Luongo will waive his NTC and go to a shitty franchise?
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
This post thanked by:
Old 04-09-2013, 10:34 AM   #13114
UFO

Quote:
Originally Posted by highfive View Post
Tanev out from Tim Jackman's hit on Saturday.
I'm surprised it took him so long. He gets hit more, and harder, than anyone else on the team, but usually just bounces back up. He's got to bulk up and start throwing a few otherwise he'll just keep on getting stapled and hurt.
Old 04-09-2013, 10:36 AM   #13115
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Quote:
Posted via RS Mobile
Provided that Lu accepts going to said shitty franchise...
Old 04-09-2013, 10:38 AM   #13116
Say NO to blade grinders!

Thanked 1,256 Times in 580 Posts
Quote:
Posted via RS Mobile
He would be a god in Winnipeg. Could be a good fit if they didn't sign Pavelec to that nasty contract.
Old 04-09-2013, 10:39 AM   #13117

Quote:

I agree with you 100% but ANY goalie in the NHL is capable of getting hot and single handedly winning games in the playoffs. We cant sit here and say that just because Cory is a top 5 today he will stay hot for the playoffs nor can we say that he won't. All im saying is if Cory has a better return, trading him would be best for THIS team with how it is configured today(having Luongo still here and another possible prospect in Eddie Lack almost ready)

and for all the guys saying that Luongo will go for next to nothing in the off season, if that's the case wouldn't you let Cory go given he will get you decent return? I just don't see how giving Luongo away makes our team better... Getting back no value for a goalie like Luongo makes absolute no sense to me even given his contract. We are not talking about Rick Dipietro here lol

Last edited by mj_39; 04-09-2013 at 10:50 AM.
Old 04-09-2013, 10:43 AM   #13118

Quote:
I agree with you 100% but ANY goalie in the NHL is capable of getting hot and single handedly winning games in the playoffs. We cant sit here and say that just because Corey is a top 5 today he will stay hot for the playoffs nor can we say that he won't. All im saying is if Corey has a better return, trading him would be best for THIS team with how it is configured today(having Luongo still here and another possible prospect in Eddie Lack almost ready)
*Cory
Old 04-09-2013, 10:46 AM   #13119

Thanked 1,118 Times in 530 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by UFO View Post
I'm surprised it took him so long. He gets hit more, and harder, than anyone else on the team, but usually just bounces back up. He's got to bulk up and start throwing a few otherwise he'll just keep on getting stapled and hurt.
I believe they are waiting for the mechanical parts for his knee. Once they reinstall a new one, I think Tan Man the Cyborg is good to GO!
Old 04-09-2013, 11:03 AM   #13120
UFO

Good job MG/Gilman

Salary Cap: $70,200,000
Cap Payroll: $70,294,798
Projected LTIR: $94,798
Projected Cap Space: 0

Vancouver Canucks Salary Cap Chart

Not entirely sure how accurate this is, I'm pretty sure we would have some more cap space leftover because Kesler, Booth, and Manny could have been off the books for most of the season. But MG also doesn't usually answer LTIR questions in a straight forward manner.
Old 04-09-2013, 11:19 AM   #13121
My homepage has been set to RS

Fuck...

Quote:
Ann Schmaltz ‏@annschmaltz 4m
AV gave a long pause before suggesting Higgins may return for playoffs. Coach says both Higgins and Tanev out indefinitely. #Canucks
Old 04-09-2013, 11:54 AM   #13122
Big Drama Show

Thanked 3,080 Times in 1,195 Posts
This team is amazingly fragile. Is this actually real life?
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 04-09-2013, 11:56 AM   #13123
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,574 Times in 4,294 Posts
With such a short and fucked up season I'm not surprised at all.
Old 04-09-2013, 12:01 PM   #13124
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,046 Times in 1,176 Posts
There are many "big name" players injured on the other teams, so it's not a problem limited to the Canucks...
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
Old 04-09-2013, 12:07 PM   #13125
Big Drama Show

Thanked 3,080 Times in 1,195 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumby View Post
There are many "big name" players injured on the other teams, so it's not a problem limited to the Canucks...
Yeah, but it'd be great to play with a healthy roster for more than one game.
Posted via RS Mobile
Closed Thread