REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Closed Thread

Old 05-07-2013, 09:38 PM   #16401
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Vancouver Canucks ‏@VanCanucks 5m
"It's playoff overtime and it was shoulder to shoulder. I thought it was a bad call" - Daniel Sedin on OT penalty. #Canucks
By the way, Daniel got a 10 at the end of the game for "abusive language". Like he gives a fuck.

Advertisement
Old 05-07-2013, 09:39 PM   #16402
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Time Team Penalty Details
13:03 Vancouver Daniel Sedin: 2 minutes, boarding
13:18 Vancouver Daniel Sedin: 10 minutes, abusive language - game
Old 05-07-2013, 09:40 PM   #16403
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,587 Times in 631 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dL View Post
- Sedin's are the most classiest players you can ever ask for in an organization. I hate to say it but I truly believe we will never see a cup with them. However, I really do hope they can stay and retire here. Both are great in different ways. While winning a cup is everything, having great memories, staying classy and enjoying the game is also just as important imo.

dL
Fuck class; win by any means necessary. I honestly don't give a fuck how they do it.
This post thanked by:
Old 05-07-2013, 09:40 PM   #16404
manage the cap you say????

Thanked 3,613 Times in 1,181 Posts

Schneider plays awesome in bounce-back games they said....

1 - 4 career in playoffs

o ok.

\\ ______
  \(ಠ益ಠ)
   >  ヽ
   /   へ\
   /  / \\
   レ ノ   ヽ_つ ayyy lmao
  / /
  / /|
 ( (ヽ
 | |、\
 | 丿 \ ⌒)
 | |  ) /
`ノ )  Lノ
This post thanked by:
Old 05-07-2013, 09:42 PM   #16405
y'all better put some respeck on my name

Thanked 9,244 Times in 2,359 Posts
I feel bad for AV because I liked him but looks like he's good as gone, he'll probably exit with Gillis who I won't miss. This was a painful season to watch; the team never really looked good and basically got into the playoffs because of a weak division. I think all Canucks fans will agree that scoring has always been a issue since the cup lost, before it was masked by good defense and great goaltending at times but cracks showed up last season and nothing was done.

I'm still cautious to see what changes are made this summer, but this sweep is basically rock bottom for a team that was once sitting at the top of the NHL a couple seasons ago so if changes aren't made this summer than you got to look at the owners and ask yourself if these guys are fit to run a NHL team.

This post thanked by:
Old 05-07-2013, 09:44 PM   #16406
dL
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballguy View Post
Fuck class; win by any means necessary. I honestly don't give a fuck how they do it.
Then in that case, we need to get rid of most of our core.

And imo, Luongo is the only one that deserves to retire here. Maybe Kes and Burr... we'll see. Luongo has been nothing but pure class this season and playoff, and I think he deserves better. Ballard too, if anyone still remembers him.

dL
Old 05-07-2013, 09:45 PM   #16407
RTS

SEDINS ARE PUSSIES. YOU DONT WIN MEANINFUL HOCKEY GAMES WITH PUSSIES
This post thanked by:
Old 05-07-2013, 09:46 PM   #16408

Quote:

And imo, Luongo is the only one that deserves to retire here. Maybe Kes and Burr... we'll see. Luongo has been nothing but pure class this season and playoff, and I think he deserves better. Ballard too, if anyone still remembers him.

dL
Fuck Kesler...After watching him turn it on for game 2, he's a fucking POS....Plays well for one game, where's that effort every other fucking game?
This post thanked by:
Old 05-07-2013, 09:46 PM   #16409
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Quote:
That's the kind of attitude that leads to dumbshit plays like
A) diving/embellishing
B) Sean Avery stick-waving in front of the goalie.

So you approve of those things?
Old 05-07-2013, 09:47 PM   #16410
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTS View Post
SEDINS ARE PUSSIES. YOU DONT WIN MEANINFUL HOCKEY GAMES WITH PUSSIES
^ You don't win meaningful hockey games by getting a Boarding penalty either.
Old 05-07-2013, 09:48 PM   #16411
Waxin’ Punks

Thanked 6,031 Times in 2,071 Posts
Wingels clearly doesn't belong in the NHL if he's getting knocked down that easily. Twice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
punkwax, I don't care what your friends say about you, you are gold!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
What do your farts sound like then?
This post thanked by:
Old 05-07-2013, 09:49 PM   #16412

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majestic12 View Post
That's the kind of attitude that leads to dumbshit plays like
A) diving/embellishing
B) Sean Avery stick-waving in front of the goalie.

So you approve of those things?
Diving and embellishing works, doesn't it? So long as you are good at it....Sharks got all these fucking PP's from doing that all series.....Like I said, you do what it takes to win...If the refs are stupid enough to get fooled by that shit, then by all means, go ahead and do it.....You telling me that if we won by fooling the refs by diving and shit, you'd be upset? You'd be like no, let's give this cup to our opponents, they showed more class than us....right, okay...
This post thanked by:
Old 05-07-2013, 09:50 PM   #16413
Returner of Lost Phones and Turtles

Thanked 3,997 Times in 963 Posts
Quote:

dL
I would also like to see Luongo stay.

I cant say Schneider is a bad goalie but hes definitely not proven as a world class elite goalie yet. Probably easier for MG/whoever to move Schneider too.
Old 05-07-2013, 09:51 PM   #16414

^^

No less by Daniel Sedin. Seriously, that's a joke. If it was someone like Lapierre, Alberts, Kesler, WHOEVER else, I understand. But DANIEL FUCKING SEDIN? Former Art Ross winner, can't hit the smallest guys in the league? Mind blowing.
Old 05-07-2013, 09:51 PM   #16415
rsx
Lomac owned my ass at least once

Thanked 3,463 Times in 820 Posts
A win is a win. No one's going to be saying shit if you're hoisting the Cup.

Play at the very limits of the rule. That goes without saying in business, school, or sports.
Old 05-07-2013, 09:54 PM   #16416
Need to Seek Professional Help

everyone is crying about the PP's. i agree that SJ got a lot of calls and certainly some questionable but the canucks did nothing to help them get more calls either. you usually get more PP chances when you are skating and competing hard which SJ brought it every game. unfortunately for 2 years in a row, the canucks decided it would be more fun to start doing that from game 4.
This post thanked by:
Old 05-07-2013, 09:54 PM   #16417
dL
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

I think it is pretty evident to everybody out in the world by now that the Canucks, for the majority of the time, play pure class and are not cheaters. If we still are, then we are REALLY BAD at cheating and embellishing.

Fact? 24 to 10. You know what those numbers mean.

I still believe in playing classy. Yea, cup is important, but if you win it like Boston style, I rather not take it.

dL
Old 05-07-2013, 09:55 PM   #16418

Quote:
I still believe in playing classy. Yea, cup is important, but if you win it like Boston style, I rather not take it.

dL
LMFAO somebody give this guy a fucking participation ribbon.
Old 05-07-2013, 09:56 PM   #16419
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 2,558 Times in 925 Posts
Gillis butt hurt tactics hurt the franchise by not resigning players who fans would wish he paid more for them to stay. Hockey is a game of momentum when you have no body creating it (erhoff fast puck movement/ slapshot bomb, torres hits and clutch goals) it's an emotionless team.

SJ moved clowe and aquire torres because hes a big game player. Seen during oilers and nucks run. Go Canucks go!

This post thanked by:
Old 05-07-2013, 09:56 PM   #16420
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Quote:
Diving and embellishing works, doesn't it? So long as you are good at it....Sharks got all these fucking PP's from doing that all series.....Like I said, you do what it takes to win...If the refs are stupid enough to get fooled by that shit, then by all means, go ahead and do it.....You telling me that if we won by fooling the refs by diving and shit, you'd be upset? You'd be like no, let's give this cup to our opponents, they showed more class than us....right, okay...
There's such a thing as sportsmanship. Winning at all costs isn't how its done. If that were the only goal, send out your goons to take a swing at Pavelski/Thornton/Marleau's heads in game 1 to take them out of the series. Then do the same to Niemi and Greiss too. Then you're facing a minor league lineup with a 3rd string goalie. Then you'd win for sure, right? Is that acceptable?

Diving is for pussies who can't play for real, and use trickery to try and gain an advantage. Hell, it's not even that it works. If it's caught, you get a penalty for doing it!
Old 05-07-2013, 10:02 PM   #16421

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majestic12 View Post
There's such a thing as sportsmanship. Winning at all costs isn't how its done. If that were the only goal, send out your goons to take a swing at Pavelski/Thornton/Marleau's heads in game 1 to take them out of the series. Then do the same to Niemi and Greiss too. Then you're facing a minor league lineup with a 3rd string goalie. Then you'd win for sure, right? Is that acceptable?

Diving is for pussies who can't play for real, and use trickery to try and gain an advantage. Hell, it's not even that it works. If it's caught, you get a penalty for doing it!
Iintent to injure/end someones season/career is completely different....okay, I'm sorry; do whatever it takes to win, except for purposely hurting someone....thought that was obvious though, as you'd have to be fucked up to wish injury upon someone...

As for 'diving is for pussies'...Sure...I'm sure the Sharks give a flying fuck about that when they just advanced to the next round, while selling calls all series by embellishing...
Old 05-07-2013, 10:03 PM   #16422

And to anyone who says the Sedins "don't care", you're a fucking idiot. Daniel Sedin goes down the hallway after he gets ejected, snaps his stick numerous times, cursing non stop and throws it down the hall.

I truly DO believe we can with the Sedins on our team. It's Gillis' job to create a team that has a strong supporting cast, offering real secondary scoring. Our team this year and last was pretty much shut down the Sedins, and no one else can score. Give us a legitimate second line.

Oh yeah, apparently Daniel's penalty was a violent "shove"? What the fuck? It was shoulder to shoulder.

Quote:
Farhan Lalji ‏@FarhanLaljiTSN 12m
Referee Kelly Sutherland on Daniel call: Deemed it a violent shove into the boards where the player couldn't defend himself from the hit.
Old 05-07-2013, 10:04 PM   #16423
Need my Daily Fix of RS

It's an extreme example, but it's still to prove a point -- even outside the written rules of the game, I would think there's "unwritten" rules about how it should be played. This isn't soccer. Imagine if people in the NHL faked injuries the way people do in soccer. It would ruin the sport, IMO
This post thanked by:
Old 05-07-2013, 10:05 PM   #16424
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

bad calls but it's part of the game.

season's over, changes will be made.

Go Canucks Go
Old 05-07-2013, 10:07 PM   #16425

Just saw the last goal. Holy fuck that is soft.
Closed Thread