REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Closed Thread

Old 05-14-2013, 03:10 PM   #17051
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Thanked 11,196 Times in 2,276 Posts
Mehhh... I hate to see the inconsistent officiating but one has to admit that good teams overcome this by accepting their assignment and kill penalties.

The Canucks did a great job on this during the 2011 cup run. They overcame bad officiating all playoffs long to reach the cup final. For whatever reason they let the series slip at 3-1 still boggles my mind.
Advertisement
Old 05-14-2013, 05:20 PM   #17052
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,057 Times in 429 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthchilli View Post
Mehhh... I hate to see the inconsistent officiating but one has to admit that good teams overcome this by accepting their assignment and kill penalties.

The Canucks did a great job on this during the 2011 cup run. They overcame bad officiating all playoffs long to reach the cup final. For whatever reason they let the series slip at 3-1 still boggles my mind.
From what i remember the Canucks beat the Blackhawks 3-0 to take a 3-0 series lead. The teams were pretty evenly matched. Then the bad officiating began and we lost 3 in a row. MG called out the refs, then the Canucks finally got there fair shake and made it to the finals based who was the better team. Not how awesome our PK was. Look at Boston, they made it to the finals because for some reason, one of the leagues best powerplays the Tampa Bay Lightning received Zero pps in Game 7.

I dont like the good teams/championship teams can overcome bad officiating theory. Most teams nowadays are pretty evenly matched that even one bad call or non call can cost the game or series.
Old 05-14-2013, 05:29 PM   #17053
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiceIntegraRS View Post
Look at Boston, they made it to the finals because for some reason, one of the leagues best powerplays the Tampa Bay Lightning received Zero pps in Game 7.
This ! And Horton(?) not being suspended on the water bottle incident with the fan and him scoring the only goal in Game 7.

Yes. I am still sore
This post thanked by:
Old 05-14-2013, 05:36 PM   #17054
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Thanked 11,196 Times in 2,276 Posts
So... Alex Burrows joins twitter.
Follow @aburr14
Old 05-14-2013, 05:47 PM   #17055
MOD

Thanked 7,553 Times in 1,957 Posts

click to enlarge

Gh0stRider's Buy & Sell Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieH View Post
whole time i thought gh0strider was white lol

Old 05-14-2013, 06:20 PM   #17056
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 3,844 Times in 880 Posts
Canucks got swept.
Old 05-14-2013, 06:34 PM   #17057
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthchilli View Post

good teams overcome penalties? LOL! dude, it's hard to overcome penalties for even the best teams, winning any playoff game is tough, the talent level is top notch, bad penalties can easily tip the favor to one team. It can sway momentum and if you are killing penalties, that's time in your end that doesn't need to be there.

Just this playoffs alone, think about how different the game would have been if the advantage for the canucks was 27-11 or whatever it was instead of the sharks having the PP advantage. Sharks wouldn't be winning this series.

Or if anyone watch game 6 of the capitals vs rangers. rangers got 5-0 PP advantage. Washington was the # 1 PP unit in the regular season. Even the caps players were saying that it was bad officiating and OVI even said he believes NHL wanted caps/ rangers to go to Game 7 for Revenue purposes.

Or how about Game 3 of the Pens vs Islanders where Crosby had a super soft call in OT to set up the PP? there was more grabbing that occured in other series (kings/blues) that didnt get called compare to the call crosby got for this OT game.

NHL officiating and it's lack of consistency is my biggest pet peeve with hockey.
Old 05-14-2013, 07:06 PM   #17058
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Quote:
Originally Posted by iEatClams View Post
NHL officiating and it's lack of consistency is my biggest pet peeve with hockey.
I agree with this. Penalties in the Sharks/Canucks series were simply not called in the Leafs/Bruins game 7. Lack of penalties in the Blues/Kings series are now being called in game 1 of the Kings/Sharks series.

Frustrating as a fan, that's for sure.

Watching this Kings/Sharks game, I'm convinced the Canucks greatly miss a first pass dman like Ehrhoff.

Voynov and Doughty are breaking the aggressive Sharks forecheck quite easily and making that first pass to the centre whose creating a scoring chance or dumping it in.
Old 05-14-2013, 07:55 PM   #17059
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 2,558 Times in 925 Posts
Canucks fans wish Torres was still on our team.

Therefore fire Gillis.
Old 05-14-2013, 07:59 PM   #17060
RS controls my life!

Same Old Ovechkin | Hockeh Blog
Old 05-14-2013, 08:45 PM   #17061
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 2,558 Times in 925 Posts
Kings win!
Old 05-14-2013, 09:12 PM   #17062
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge

Thanked 6,310 Times in 1,777 Posts
So 7seven... any good bets on playnow?

My FeedBack 53-0-0
Old 05-14-2013, 09:29 PM   #17063
RS.net PIMP

Thanked 3,057 Times in 824 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRS View Post
So 7seven... any good bets on playnow?

I have:
-parlay of Pens, Bruins, Kings, Hawks series wins
-Iglina more goals than Alfie
-Zetterberg more goals than Toews
-Kane more points than Datsyuk
-Hawks 4-1 series win
-Hawks 4-0 series win

debating if I should add a Hawks 4-2 series win but will see after game 1 and 2
Old 05-14-2013, 09:31 PM   #17064
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,325 Times in 5,641 Posts
won Brown points over Pavelski paying +110
Old 05-14-2013, 09:40 PM   #17065
CRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7seven View Post
I have:
-parlay of Pens (1.16), Bruins (1.66), Kings (1.32), Hawks (1.30)series wins
-Iglina more goals than Alfie (1.53)
-Zetterberg more goals than Toews (2.10)
-Kane more points than Datsyuk (1.40)
-Hawks 4-1 series win
-Hawks 4-0 series win

For those wondering...

I've added/bolded the payouts.

I think I'm just going to go and bet Chicago to win the first game and series. Payout is at 1.74 so it's pretty goodish.

I'm liking the Zetterberg and toews bet though.

My FeedBack 53-0-0
Old 05-14-2013, 10:06 PM   #17066
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,587 Times in 631 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gh0stRider View Post
Spoiler!

click to enlarge
lol @ Reimer being most googled NHL'er.....I don't think we were googling him, but rather "James Reimer's wife"
Old 05-14-2013, 10:06 PM   #17067
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7seven View Post
I have:
-parlay of Pens, Bruins, Kings, Hawks series wins
-Iglina more goals than Alfie
-Zetterberg more goals than Toews
-Kane more points than Datsyuk
-Hawks 4-1 series win
-Hawks 4-0 series win

Surprised you didn't go for the Lucic goals over Nash.

2.62 payout for Lucic. 50 on it

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRS View Post
For those wondering...
I've added/bolded the payouts.
I think I'm just going to go and bet Chicago to win the first game and series. Payout is at 1.74 so it's pretty goodish.
I'm liking the Zetterberg and toews bet though.
I also picked the Zetterberg bet, his consistency as a monster in the playoffs is going strong. And I was considering that 1.74 bet for Chicago/Chicago but felt the 1.74 wasn't enough to risk it. Game 1's are always iffy.

P.s. Here's the hoping Vokoun chokes...soon I hope
Old 05-14-2013, 11:58 PM   #17068
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

This pic sums up NHL officiating

S-exy
U-ber
P-owerful
R-aw
A-nimal
Old 05-15-2013, 12:11 AM   #17069

reminds me of the winter classic between Philly and NYR
Torts comes out at the end bashing the league. telling them how they fantasized going to OT to make it to increase ratings

this among other things , probably just the tip of the iceberg.

people critisize the critics, labeling them as tinfoilers. What? A group of men cant decide behind closed doors the outcome of another event for the direct benefit of a few? It is not like this has never been done before. yes it can be considered overboard sometimes (taking/pulling some extreme circumstances), but not always is this the case

a bitter reminder to us that, often when money is in play, integrity goes out the window

[23-07, 02:03] shawn79 i find that at vietnamese place they cut ur hair like they cut grass
[23-07, 02:03] shawn79 do u go to vietnamese places for haircuts
Old 05-15-2013, 12:16 AM   #17070
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

"But, but... I am the victim why am I getting the penalty!?"

S-exy
U-ber
P-owerful
R-aw
A-nimal
Old 05-15-2013, 12:38 AM   #17071
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,587 Times in 631 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by trancehead View Post
people critisize the critics, labeling them as tinfoilers. What? A group of men cant decide behind closed doors the outcome of another event for the direct benefit of a few? It is not like this has never been done before. yes it can be considered overboard sometimes (taking/pulling some extreme circumstances), but not always is this the case

a bitter reminder to us that, often when money is in play, integrity goes out the window
Quote:
Tim Donaghy is a former professional basketball referee who worked in the National Basketball Association (NBA) for 13 seasons, from 1994 to 2007. During his career in the NBA, Donaghy officiated in 772 regular season games and 20 playoff games. Donaghy resigned from the league on July 9, 2007 before reports of an investigation by the FBI for allegations that he bet on games that he officiated during his last two seasons and that he made calls affecting the point spread in those games. On August 15, 2007, Donaghy pleaded guilty to two federal charges related to the investigation. However, he could face more charges at the state level if it is determined that he deliberately miscalled individual games. Donaghy was sentenced to 15 months in federal prison on July 29, 2008. He served 11 months in a federal prison camp in Pensacola, Florida to spend the remainder of his sentence in a halfway house,[8][9] but was sent back to prison in August for violating his release terms. He was released on November 4, 2009 after serving out his sentence.
He's gone on to write a very interesting book in which he tells his story about what he refers to as 'the game within the game.'

"Almost every referee on the staff had an occasional agenda that could affect the outcome of a particular game," he writes.

He states that refs sometimes are subtly pressured by the league's front office to extend playoff series. The NBA's ultimate goal, he says, was always "milking television revenues for every last dollar."

Here's some more excerpts from his book: Excerpts From The Book The NBA Doesn't Want You To Read

Anyway, don't know how much you can really believe from all this, as he is an ex-con 'cause he got caught doing this shit himself, but definitely interesting to read.
This post thanked by:
Old 05-15-2013, 05:49 AM   #17072
RS.net PIMP

Quote:
Originally Posted by subordinate View Post
Surprised you didn't go for the Lucic goals over Nash.

2.62 payout for Lucic. 50 on it
I put in my playnow.com round 2 bets on early Tuesday morning, the Lucic prop wasn't up yet, but now that I see it, I'm in on it!
Old 05-15-2013, 06:44 AM   #17073

Apparent quote from Hank Sedin on Mike Smith, translated from Swedish. Funny if true.

Quote:
Henrik Sedin on Mike Smith "He's extremely big, and good at playing the puck. He also dives a lot." | CanucksArmy

"Smith is a fucking big goalie, extremely big and good at playing the puck. He also dives a lot. You can't barely touch him, then he will fall"
"He's the goalie in the NHL that draws more penalties than anyone else. I believe it was twelve penalties that the other team took. He goes out, holds on to the puck and then holds on, holds on. When you challenge him or barely touch him, he falls. That's something we've got to be careful with. I'm going to tell the ref to keep an eye on him."
Old 05-15-2013, 07:29 AM   #17074
RS.net PIMP

Bryzgalov cracks me up

Quote:

When a person first appears in Philadelphia, where the advise to go?Your favorite place in town?

- I live in New Jersey and come to Philadelphia only to play and exercise. No reason to not try to go ride. I have lived in Philadelphia and a half months before we bought the house. I do not really like that sort of town. Me and New York do not like. A big, bustling city with a grim gateways. Philadelphia is the same. But Boston, Vancouver and Dallas - are quite different.These newer, cleaner - there I like. I do not like old age. I love the story, but not in all. So we drove through New Jersey, chose the house. We go into one, realtors say, "Wow, this house 87 years, this is a story!" So what is his story? Well, someone has lived here, he died. Then what? You walk into the house, and there smells of mildew and old age. Americans like it, but let me something new.

Communism - a utopia?

- And is it legal competence capitalism? Look at his true face in the United States and Europe. Russian TV showed us a vivid picture, as if everything is fine. This is not the case. New York, Miami, other fashionable, trendy city, as if to drive off from them...

Ghetto?

- There are enough of them. This is not a small part of the city. Too many do not work, live on welfare and get food stamps for. They just do not want to work. Their principle is: "Why should I work when I can live, let them raise taxes on the rich, which are injected. I'll sit on the dole, the year I will get it here, then move to another state - start getting there.

All journalists try to interview you. And is there a person who you would like to talk to?

-“A lot of them are not alive anymore… I would love to talk to Genghis Khan, Stalin, Einstein.”

Stalin is a very controversial figure. How do you feel about him?

-“Positive. I see logic in his action. Not without going too far, of course. But he came to power in a country that had just lived through a revolution. There were so many spies, enemies, traitors there. A lot of people still had guns after the civil war. The country was in ruins, [people] needed to survive somehow. The country needed to be rebuilt, and in order to do that it needed to be held in iron hands. Then WWII began. A lot of people came back from that war with guns as well. There was devastation all around, the country had to be rebuilt, had to be able to defend itself. There were so many criminals.”

Stalin took Russia in with a wooden plow and left it with nuclear weapons.

-“Yes, he knew what he was doing. He is described as a ‘bloody tyrant.’ But at the time it couldn’t be any other way. Yes, there were innocent people who were victims of repressions… But it happens. Not long ago in the US a person was released from prison, who spent 45 years there. It turned out he was innocent. Can you imagine, a person spent his entire life in jail for something he didn’t do.

http://deadspin.com/ilya-bryzgalov-t...s-an-506623110
This post thanked by:
Old 05-15-2013, 08:40 AM   #17075
CRS

For those on playnow... Get $10 free bet on sports!

Promo Code: PLAYNOWSPORTS

My FeedBack 53-0-0
This post thanked by:
Closed Thread