REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 08-23-2012, 10:18 PM   #26
resident Oil Guru

Thanked 10,457 Times in 1,794 Posts
Shit. I'm all about innocent till proven guilty (ie. Li Shiwen), but man, if found guilty, it's time to get crucified.

What a guy.

Edit: There is no solid evidence.
Advertisement

Last edited by LiquidTurbo; 08-23-2012 at 10:24 PM.
LiquidTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 08-24-2012, 06:38 AM   #27
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,812 Times in 2,501 Posts
USADA

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 08-24-2012, 05:18 PM   #28
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK-EK View Post
i say let him keep his titles!

the man did it with 1 nut!

Gave him the advantage of having less discomfort sitting on a bike for hours

On a more serious note, he was a cheating fuck and only stupid/gullible idiots still believe in him. Great guy in terms of his charity and foundation though.

Quote:
Still to be heard from was the sport's governing body, the International Cycling Union, which had backed Armstrong's legal challenge to USADA's authority and in theory could take the case before the international Court of Arbitration for Sport.
Well no fucking shit they would back the guy who made their sport "known". I'm using "known" instead of "relevant" because cycling as a sport is not relevant.

Quote:
In all, USADA said up to 10 former Armstrong teammates were set to testify against him. Included in the case were emails sent by Floyd Landis, who was stripped of the 2006 Tour de France title for doping, describing an elaborate doping program on Armstrong's Postal Service teams, and Tyler Hamilton's interview with "60 Minutes" claiming had personal knowledge of Armstrong doping.
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/cycli...-details_x.htm **Article regarding 1999 positive EPO samples from Armstrong.

Last edited by iwantaskyline; 08-24-2012 at 05:36 PM.
iwantaskyline is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-24-2012, 06:13 PM   #29
Banned (ABWS)?

Thanked 3,985 Times in 1,690 Posts
I never knew there was so much hate on Lance Armstrong.
But then again, I never cared much about professional cycling either.
Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM
AzNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-24-2012, 10:05 PM   #30
UFO
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Lots of people are saying that the world is out to get Lance. Former competitors and teammates who have been busted and trying to defame Lance due to jealousy, I can see that possibly. I don't know what gains or agenda the USada has to try and prove to the world that Lance was doping though, so I'm not convinced about this one-sided witch hunt.

He destroyed his competition who were then later found to be doping. His own teammates, whose sole jobs were to help Lance win his Tours, have stepped up to testify against him. Everything, except for the blood and urine tests, points to the overwhelmingly obvious.

Lance did the smart thing by stepping away from the investigation, even at the risk of losing some of his credibility and all of his accomplishments he can still say although deemed guilty he hasn't actually been proven guilty. I feel that the arbitration that was to happen would have revealed some very telling testimonies and likely new hard evidence which could have definitively destroyed all of his credibility and integrity--this will now never be known.

Innocent or guilty, you can't deny his efforts or contributions to cancer research with his foundation.
UFO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 10:36 PM   #31
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzNightmare View Post
I never knew there was so much hate on Lance Armstrong.
But then again, I never cared much about professional cycling either.
You're not alone, I'll go on a limb here and say the majority of the people at least in North America don't either.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I donīt care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. Thatīs how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 05:04 PM   #32
I'm better than you.

Thanked 3,087 Times in 658 Posts
douches will still buy his bracelets!

'14 Toyota Yaris [Work Daily]
'89 Toyota Cressida MX83 [Collector's status]
'15 Honda Ruckus [Summer cruiser]
'96 Toyota Hilux Surf KZN185 [Weekend Warrior]

Buy & Sell Ratings!
b0unce. [?] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 05:50 PM   #33
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFO View Post
Lance did the smart thing by stepping away from the investigation, even at the risk of losing some of his credibility and all of his accomplishments he can still say although deemed guilty he hasn't actually been proven guilty. I feel that the arbitration that was to happen would have revealed some very telling testimonies and likely new hard evidence which could have definitively destroyed all of his credibility and integrity--this will now never be known.

Innocent or guilty, you can't deny his efforts or contributions to cancer research with his foundation.
+1. By not going to arbitration, it's seen as an admission of guilt. That might be easier to deal with than actually going to arbitration where some telling evidence may have been brought forward. Then again, his former team director Johan Bruyneel may choose to go through his own arbitration case with the USADA, bringing more information out.
Old 08-25-2012, 06:22 PM   #34

What gives the USADA the power/authority to "strip" him of his titles? Wouldn't that be under the jurisdiction of some sort of Cycling Federation? Kinda silly if you ask me...

If this is still in my sig, it's still avail.
falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 07:49 PM   #35
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,382 Times in 3,908 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by falcon View Post
What gives the USADA the power/authority to "strip" him of his titles? Wouldn't that be under the jurisdiction of some sort of Cycling Federation? Kinda silly if you ask me...
the cycling federation or whatever its called is/was standing behind Armstrong (they were part of the case against the USADA)

Quote:
Still to be heard from was the sport's governing body, the International Cycling Union, which had backed Armstrong's legal challenge to USADA's authority and in theory could take the case before the international Court of Arbitration for Sport.
but USADA said the ICU had to strip Lance of his titles if USADA says so

With Lance backing away though its been nothing but haters and the headline hungry media ripping him apart which is ridiculous imo since there hasn't been anything brought out that says he is a cheat except rivals accusations
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 10:02 PM   #36

So because one agency which is part of a world wide anti doping "code" which they all signed says he did it without hard evidence, means another agency half way around the world HAS to agree? Where does this make sense? Lol...

This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 08-25-2012, 11:03 PM   #37

Thanked 1,874 Times in 604 Posts
So the guy who stands for never give up (cancer survivor) is giving up this fight? This is the best case scenario for him.........it is a matter of time until Nike and bud drop him.....I have a feeling, this is just the beginning of the story
86 944 Turbo with 340rwhp Lindsay Racing kit
15 991 PTS GT3
18 VW Golf R
Z3guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 08:28 AM   #38

I don't.

I think he is tired of being in the spotlight and wants to focus on other things rather than continue to defend himself in this witch hunt.

This post FAILED by:
Old 08-26-2012, 09:04 AM   #39
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,022 Times in 450 Posts
Lawyer fees will likely bankrupt him in the long run if he keeps fighting it in the courts.
Spoon is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 08-26-2012, 09:33 AM   #40

I can't believe people still think he is innocent........so if I survive cancer and raise money for cancer survivors....this negates my cheating? The evidence against him is overwhelming...yes, he has tested postive for drugs.
15 991 PTS GT3
18 VW Golf R
Old 08-26-2012, 10:15 AM   #41
This title intentionally left blank MOD

From Wiki:

Erythropoietin is available as a therapeutic agent produced by recombinant DNA technology in mammalian cell culture. It is used in treating anemia resulting from chronic kidney disease and myelodysplasia, from the treatment of cancer (chemotherapy and radiation). Current research suggests that aminoacid R103 to E mutation in erythropoietin makes it neuroprotective and non-erythropoietic.

and

On October 2, 1996, then aged 25, Armstrong was diagnosed as having developed stage three testicular cancer (Embryonal carcinoma).[18] The cancer spread to his lungs, abdomen and brain.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Neither defending nor attacking Lance Armstrong, but even if there were trace amounts found, the guy was a cancer patient/survivor. "Trace" amounts after he had these treatments is a definite possibility. Unless I see some actual evidence and not just "hearsay", to me, it's treating him as guilty until proven innocent. By an organization started in 2000, no less.

I don't have an anger problem. I have an idiot problem.
Alatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 11:43 AM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcon View Post
So because one agency which is part of a world wide anti doping "code" which they all signed says he did it without hard evidence, means another agency half way around the world HAS to agree? Where does this make sense? Lol...
Sorry but there are tons of evidence. Two samples from 1999 found to be positive to EPO doping. Almost every single one of his past teammates willing to testify he is a cheater, before you say they are lying, what fucking gain could they all get from Lance being proven guilty? He worked with a known cyclist trainer who is known for helping his clients dope. I could go on.
Old 08-26-2012, 11:45 AM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z3guy View Post
I can't believe people still think he is innocent........so if I survive cancer and raise money for cancer survivors....this negates my cheating? The evidence against him is overwhelming...yes, he has tested postive for drugs.
no he hasn't.

http://www.lancastereaglegazette.com...nclick_check=1

all they've got is supposed witness accounts from rival cyclists who wont be tried/tested if they accuse Lance

excerpt

Quote:
Despite never testing positive for doping products, Lance Armstrong stripped of Tour de France titles

USADA said the doping evidence against Armstrong came from statements by more than a dozen witnesses.

The anti-doping agency accused Armstrong of using EPO, blood transfusions, testosterone, cortisone and HGH during his career, and that "scientific data" showed he manipulated his blood with EPO or blood transfusions during his comeback to cycling in the 2009 Tour.

It also said that witnesses alleged that Armstrong "encouraged them to use and administered doping products or methods, including EPO, blood transfusions, testosterone and cortisone during the period from 1999 through 2005."

On Thursday, Armstrong said his decision did not mean he would accept USADA's sanctions. His lawyers threatened a lawsuit if USADA proceeded, arguing the agency must first resolve a dispute with the International Cycling Union over whether the case should be pursued.

"You are on notice," Armstrong attorney Tim Herman said in a letter, "that if USADA makes any public statement claiming, without jurisdiction, to sanction Mr. Armstrong, or to falsely characterize Mr. Armstrong's reasons for not requesting an arbitration as anything other than a recognition of (International Cycling Union) jurisdiction and authority, USADA and anyone involved in the making of the statement will be liable."

That didn't stop USADA, which quickly imposed the ban about 14 hours alter.

The Amaury Sport Organization, which runs the Tour, told The Associated Press it would not comment until it had heard more from the International Cycling Union and USADA.

In walking away, the 40-year-old Armstrong cited a familiar defense: he never has tested positive for performance-enhancing drugs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwantaskyline View Post
Almost every single one of his past teammates willing to testify he is a cheater, before you say they are lying, what fucking gain could they all get from Lance being proven guilty?
they won't be part of a witch hunt supposedly by USADA

Quote:
I could go on.
please do

Last edited by StylinRed; 08-26-2012 at 11:51 AM.
This post FAILED by:
Old 08-26-2012, 02:06 PM   #44

^ dude, I love your rose coloured glasses, do you have an extra pair for me?
15 991 PTS GT3
18 VW Golf R
This post thanked by:
Old 08-26-2012, 02:31 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by StylinRed View Post
no he hasn't.

http://www.lancastereaglegazette.com...nclick_check=1

all they've got is supposed witness accounts from rival cyclists who wont be tried/tested if they accuse Lance

excerpt

they won't be part of a witch hunt supposedly by USADA

please do
USATODAY.com - Story: Armstrong had six positives from 1999 tests

Read that entire article.

Why the fuck do you think a guy who's always gone about a "never give up" attitude when it comes to his cancer fight and his tour de france wins all of a sudden gives up and accepts USADA's decision?

Because he KNOWS he will lose due to the amount of evidence. This is the only way for him to save any image he has left because it will make ignorant/gullible/stupid people like you BELIEVE in him.

Before any of you say he doesn't want to spend any more lawyer fees on this fight with USADA, this is a guy with a estimated net worth of $125 million dollars so yes..I don't think that's the issue here.

He's guilty and this is the only way for him to save any sort of image.
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 08-26-2012, 02:43 PM   #46

an accusation from a French newspaper saying that unnamed test results from '99, that were positive, are from Armstrong... although its not proven to be linked to him the "link" is simply based on this French newspapers "investigation" or accusation; whom, as stated in the USAToday story, have been after Armstrong ever since his win...

you guys...

for a group of guys that find conspiracy theories equivalent to a looney toons cartoon you sure are jumping on accusations as if they were facts... (makes me wonder why anyone gives charlesincharge a hard time)
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 08-26-2012, 03:09 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by StylinRed View Post
an accusation from a French newspaper saying that unnamed test results from '99, that were positive, are from Armstrong... although its not proven to be linked to him the "link" is simply based on this French newspapers "investigation" or accusation; whom, as stated in the USAToday story, have been after Armstrong ever since his win...

you guys...

for a group of guys that find conspiracy theories equivalent to a looney toons cartoon you sure are jumping on accusations as if they were facts... (makes me wonder why anyone gives charlesincharge a hard time)

I knew you were stupid but I didn't know you couldn't read either. From the article "But L'Equipe reporters matched the samples' identification numbers in the lab report with information Armstrong released to French judicial investigators in a 2000 doping probe.". BTW this a leading sports newspaper in France, so its not some tabloid shit.

Give me a good explanation why he accepted USADA's decision. Don't say stupid shit like "he's tired" or its due to financial reasons.
This post FAILED by:
Old 08-26-2012, 05:37 PM   #48

Quote:
I knew you were stupid but I didn't know you couldn't read either. From the article "But L'Equipe reporters matched the samples' identification numbers in the lab report with information Armstrong released to French judicial investigators in a 2000 doping probe.".
ROFL EXACTLY Its THEIR Accusation and claims that that's what they found out... they Claim they were able to match the sample ID #s

lol jesus

you and charles in charge should get together
Old 08-26-2012, 06:23 PM   #49
Head Moderator

Thanked 6,462 Times in 2,081 Posts
Quote:
I knew you were stupid but I didn't know you couldn't read either. From the article "But L'Equipe reporters matched the samples' identification numbers in the lab report with information Armstrong released to French judicial investigators in a 2000 doping probe.". BTW this a leading sports newspaper in France, so its not some tabloid shit.

Give me a good explanation why he accepted USADA's decision. Don't say stupid shit like "he's tired" or its due to financial reasons.
From your own article:

Quote:
Based on the information published byL'Equipe, it is unlikely a legal result of positive can be determined for the 1999 urine samples from Armstrong. When blood and urine samples are processed for testing, the fluids are separated into two batches: A and B. The standard method for verifying a positive doping result requires that the A sample be tested first; if that is positive, the B sample then is tested. Positives cannot be declared unless both A and B samples are positive.

All of the 1999 Tour A samples were used up in that year's testing. Some remnants of the B samples are available, according to L'Equipe, but two B's are not legally the same as the required A and separate B samples.
False positives occur all the time in testing, which is why they submitted two different samples (A & B). Armstrong can not be legally prosecuted using this test as all the samples from A are gone.

He also hasn't "accepted" the USDA's decision. Just because you don't fight something doesn't mean you accept fault for it. As for why he's not fighting it, it could be something as simple as the emotional drain it's taking. I sure as hell wouldn't want to keep fighting accusation after accusation, especially when they're decades old. Personally I'd say "fuck it," and live my life accordingly. Sure, the USDA would strip the titles but I would still know that I won them legally... and fuck those who would think otherwise.
Lomac is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-27-2012, 11:41 AM   #50
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
Call me a pessimist but I find it really hard to believe most everybody else near the top was doping but he was doing it all natural and beat them all consistently. That said I would probably say fuck fighting it to since the whole thing was a lifetime ago, he made his money time to move on. Stripping the titles at this point really doesn't mean shit in the grand scheme of life.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I donīt care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. Thatīs how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote