REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Fashion & Shopping

Fashion & Shopping Blackmarkers. A Filtered Selection of Clothing, Footwear and Accessories.
Gotta stay fresh! Latest fashion trends, new clothing lines, mega sales events, and awesome deals..

Old 12-17-2012, 01:05 AM   #126
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Maybe it's cause i'm skinny, but I find that W+H chinos don't taper enough :S The rest of the pants fit great, just wish it tapered more :P Still an awesome pair of pants though, don't get me wrong :P
Advertisement
zetazeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 01:13 AM   #127
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

does Holts have anything good on sale this year? heard there is a sale going on ....

anyone buy anything from there?
tru_blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 08:30 PM   #128
RS Operative (G)

I'm looking at possibly updating my current suit a little rather then having to buy a brand new one.

The only thing I want to update is the pants mostly, or even shortening the jacket but want to know your opinions if this is even possible.

The pants from the knee's down are a bit wide, where as the seat/thighs are actually fit quite well.
Is there a way to slim down pants from around where the knee is down to the leg opening without having to slim down the whole leg?

And assuming the jackets measurements are made as is, I'm thinking it's not a great idea to shorten the jacket length?

thanks.
2016 Golf R | Stock

my buyer/seller ratings 6-0-0
XTC_604_DKNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 10:41 PM   #129
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,699 Times in 446 Posts
Tapering pants below the knee is definitely possible. Shortening a jacket is possible as well, but if you take too much off, the pockets will become too low (i.e. too close to the hem) and the whole shape will look unbalanced.

Ultimately, however, you should ask your tailor these questions.
woob is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-29-2012, 12:05 AM   #130
RS Operative (G)

thanks! answers all my questions.

I just wanted to make sure the tapering was possible before I took it into the tailors.

and my thoughts exactly on the jacket, but good to hear length can be changed too!
2016 Golf R | Stock

my buyer/seller ratings 6-0-0
XTC_604_DKNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 07:40 PM   #131
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

for you guys with natural leather belts, do you guys just rock it without any treatments, or what do you guys put on there, and when/how frequent? new to all this

also, if i want to get my buckle and hardware/rivets replaced with different ones, where would i go to get it done and how much would it typically run me?
Calbeee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 08:52 PM   #132
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,275 Times in 434 Posts
I apply mink oil every few weeks or when it starts to look dry
ForbiddenX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 09:08 PM   #133
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,910 Times in 606 Posts
whats the best type of suede renew? my clarks desert boots look really shitty/ streaky right now
Sid Vicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 07:55 PM   #134
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Slept on the sale for the W&H shawl collar peacoat now im on the market for one that allows me to wear it in the fall and winter. Something to this...

Anything suggestion?
wyuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 12:55 PM   #135
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,645 Times in 446 Posts
Have to attend a funeral and wake next week.
Not sure on dress code as I haven't been to a funeral in a long time

For the wake, I understand the dresscode is a bit casual.
Would dark blue jeans, black dress shirt and a black v neck sweater be appropriate, or should I replace the jeans w/ a pair of dress pants?

For the funeral, I know the black suit/tie traditional outfit...not sure what color dress shirt to wear...online a lot of website is suggesting white shirt black tie....while some of my friends are saying to wear a dark purple or dark navy shirt w/ a black tie.
Also, the only black tie I own is a skinny black hugo boss tie w/ a 2 shades of black stripe pattern, its fairly subtle...but would it be better for me to go buy a plain traditional width black tie for the service?

Thanks
Posted via RS Mobile
skiiipi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 01:09 PM   #136
SFICC-03*

Thanked 2,452 Times in 986 Posts
white shirt black tie is ok imo. you dont have to wear a dark shirt. your tie sounds fine as well.
basic rules of funeral attire as i understand them, dont try to stand out in any way.
skip stuff like pocket squares and that sort of thing.
unit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 01:11 PM   #137

blue jeans, black shirt, black sweat is groce dude. No definition w/ washed out colors.

Try white shirt, black sweat, grey trews, black shoes.
This post FAILED by:
Old 01-24-2013, 02:15 PM   #138

In other news:

Dear Raf,

You Win.

This post thanked by:
Old 01-25-2013, 11:30 AM   #139
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Don't think jeans are really appropriate for the wake/viewing either, but that's just me. It looks too casual. If you have a black suit, now is the time to wear it. Tie should be a neutral/dark color such as black, gray or a deep maroon/blue. If you don't own a suit... dark pants (non-denim), shirt and a black overcoat.
svelt is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-25-2013, 03:46 PM   #140
y'all better put some respeck on my name

Thanked 9,244 Times in 2,359 Posts
What do you guys think about these pants;

Harvey Specter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 04:32 PM   #141

^ not really my cup of tea in terms of the colour, but the fit seems alright (is he sagging it a bit?)

I'm looking for a pair of sweapants like these... most importantly, I want one where there is a 'long' elastic cuff at the opening. And slim. Any recommendations?
Old 01-25-2013, 04:37 PM   #142

Quote:
Originally Posted by zetazeta View Post
^ not really my cup of tea in terms of the colour, but the fit seems alright (is he sagging it a bit?)

I'm looking for a pair of sweapants like these... most importantly, I want one where there is a 'long' elastic cuff at the opening. And slim. Any recommendations?
Ha, I posted about similar sweatpants earlier couple months ago, I had G-Star sweatpants that look exactly the same, awesome fit but unfortunately they ripped so after a long search I found a pair of sweats that were similar in fit....

Armani sweats;

Armani : Track Bottoms : Back Pocket Logo in Grey : John Anthony Mens Designer Clothes

A bit pricey but very nice quality and fit.

Also look at Adidas, they have skinny fit sweats but with a longer cuff.
Old 01-25-2013, 04:52 PM   #143

Quote:
how about a dick ovens homage

EDIT: okay fuck I was supposed to be on copfreeze since I bought the CPs on Monday but I just ordered a pair of these sweats. If you don't mind waiting I can let you know what the quality is like. Honestly I'm not expecting much since, at the heart of it, they are just Chinese Rick Owens knockoffs, but /fa/ has decent things to say about them and for $29 shipped I don't mind experimenting.

Last edited by woob; 01-25-2013 at 05:23 PM.
This post thanked by:
Old 01-25-2013, 07:57 PM   #144
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,645 Times in 446 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by svelt View Post
Don't think jeans are really appropriate for the wake/viewing either, but that's just me. It looks too casual. If you have a black suit, now is the time to wear it. Tie should be a neutral/dark color such as black, gray or a deep maroon/blue. If you don't own a suit... dark pants (non-denim), shirt and a black overcoat.
Yes I will be suiting up for the funeral...I read online the wake is suppose to be slightly informal.
Would you reccomend dress pants, dress shirt tie and a sweater?
Or just suit up for both the wake and funeral?
Again, more worried about the respect aspect than the fashion aspect
Posted via RS Mobile
skiiipi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 09:08 PM   #145
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by woob View Post

EDIT: okay fuck I was supposed to be on copfreeze since I bought the CPs on Monday but I just ordered a pair of these sweats. If you don't mind waiting I can let you know what the quality is like. Honestly I'm not expecting much since, at the heart of it, they are just Chinese Rick Owens knockoffs, but /fa/ has decent things to say about them and for $29 shipped I don't mind experimenting.
are they supposed to be that short?
Calbeee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 12:35 AM   #146

Quote:
Originally Posted by woob View Post

Thanks, bought a pair for fun. Hope it turns out decent
Old 01-26-2013, 08:42 PM   #147

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calbeee View Post
are they supposed to be that short?
Well, the model is 6" tall so I hope they are a bit longer on me. But it's not a huge deal to me if they are as short as they look. I can plan some fits for cropped sweats.
Old 01-26-2013, 09:52 PM   #148
Wanna have a threesome?

Thanked 5,054 Times in 1,657 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skiiipi View Post
Yes I will be suiting up for the funeral...I read online the wake is suppose to be slightly informal.
Would you reccomend dress pants, dress shirt tie and a sweater?
Or just suit up for both the wake and funeral?
Again, more worried about the respect aspect than the fashion aspect
Posted via RS Mobile
I don't feel there is a well-defined convention on funeral attire; only the very general rule, make humble and conservative choices.

I would absolutely wear a black suit to the funeral, I wouldn't consider anything less formal. The details, such as tie and shirt colour, are not terribly important. It's acceptable to choose to not wear a tie; its also acceptable to choose any dark or neutral colour shirt.

Depending on the formality of the family, I would consider dark jeans or dress pants, a dress shirt, and a sweater generally acceptable for a wake; a very traditional family would likely prefer dress pants.

I've attended two funerals recently; the funerals and services were the very sad portion and formal, but wakes felt only mildly somber and were relaxed, definitely casual overall. During the wakes, I spent a great deal of time re-connecting with people I rarely see, giving hugs, and reminiscing about better times. I wouldn't worry too much about what to wear, though. People will not be concerned with your attire, as long as its not something eye catching (and thus inappropriate).

Possibly obvious, but its likely best to pass on cologne as well.
MindBomber is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-26-2013, 10:01 PM   #149
RS Veteran

Thanked 1,265 Times in 618 Posts
Quote:

the above wasn't your cup of tea, but what you posted is? Sorry, I know fashion is all about what YOU feel good in, but those are pretty much black clown pants.
Spidey is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-26-2013, 11:51 PM   #150

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueG2 View Post
the above wasn't your cup of tea, but what you posted is? Sorry, I know fashion is all about what YOU feel good in, but those are pretty much black clown pants.
Worn correctly and on the right body type they don't look so bad.
This post thanked by: