REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   Minor hockey coach investigated for tripping player (https://www.revscene.net/forums/670148-minor-hockey-coach-investigated-tripping-player.html)

parm104 06-26-2012 07:55 PM

Minor hockey coach investigated for tripping player

Quote:

Mounties are investigating a Vancouver minor hockey coach after he tripped a 13-year-old player from an opposing team during a post-game handshake at the University of British Columbia campus last weekend.

Video obtained by CTV News shows UBC Hornets coach Martin Tremblay tripping a Richmond Steel player following the tense gold medal game ending the spring season, causing two boys to tumble to the ice at Thunderbird Arena.

One of the players suffered a broken wrist and will be in a cast for two weeks, according to Steel manager Tammy Hohlweg.

Watch the video, absoutlely despicable!
Minor hockey coach investigated for tripping player | British Columbia

I'm generally a supporter of tough love in sports....to an extent...This is far from it. I'd love for someone to post this guys personal info online so the rest of the world can tell him what a jack ass he is.

Needs to be bared from coaching kids, being in an amateur sports arena and fined for malicious behaviour.

Shorn 06-26-2012 08:03 PM

i wonder if the kid didn't break his wrist, would this still be as big of a story as it is?
but disgusting behavior.. and no sportsmanship at all.

his team won too, i wonder why he was so pissed

rsx 06-26-2012 08:06 PM

what a cunt

Zoidberg 06-26-2012 08:35 PM

AW607 06-26-2012 08:43 PM

snip'd

whitev70r 06-26-2012 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AW607 (Post 7959826)
The kids acting like gentlemen except for that goddamn coach, because he didn't get the W

(The opposing team was... Until he started trippin')

That was the winning coach :okay:

Quote:

Originally Posted by parm104 (Post 7959756)
This is far from it. I'd love for someone to post this guys personal info online so the rest of the world can tell him what a jack ass he is.

Video obtained by CTV News shows UBC Hornets coach Martin Tremblay tripping a Richmond Steel player following the tense gold medal game ending the spring season, causing two boys to tumble to the ice at Thunderbird Arena.

Grandmaster TSE 06-26-2012 10:40 PM

wow thats just sad, they're just kids

spoon.ek9 06-26-2012 11:40 PM

wow.. absolutely disgusting. people like him shouldn't be allowed to coach children.. wtf man.

StylinRed 06-26-2012 11:51 PM

:fulloffuck: at first i thought he was a crazy old man sore loser... but his team won! wtf :fulloffuck:

and why does that last kid look like an adult suited up HGH use in minor league hockey? ;)

mqin 06-26-2012 11:58 PM

wow... during the post game handshake too... how low could he get

parm104 06-27-2012 12:02 AM

I didn't realize that he was on the winning team until you guys just mentioned it...

And yes, his team was acting like champions until their coach set a new precedent and they all followed his lead.

Just shows how impressionable kids are and they will indeed follow and mimic the actions of people they respect and look up to...

XplicitLuder 06-27-2012 12:10 AM

Martin Tremblay eh? brb searching name in phonebook :considered:

Groot 06-27-2012 12:25 AM

i'd take my skate and slash his throat

okay maybe not...

maybe just a little bit :suspicious:

DJ Milk 06-27-2012 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whitev70r (Post 7959875)

Guy with same name has been sexually assaulting girls. Same guy?
Mother struggles with circumstances of daughter's death | British Columbia

DJ Milk 06-27-2012 12:32 AM

double post

yray 06-27-2012 12:50 AM

^ can't be, you have to go through criminal checks and all sorts before being a coach.

If you want to purposely trip the kid and call it an accident, you have to fall too mate. Hope this guy gets canned.

AW607 06-27-2012 01:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whitev70r (Post 7959875)

oh... shit :rukidding:

Harvey Specter 06-27-2012 01:04 AM

Not only am i shocked with the coaches behavior but I'm equally shocked with the actions of the idiot ass players at the end. What a bloody disgrace, hopefully this guy gets charged and he's lucky he didn't get his ass handed to him in the parking lot.

Noir 06-27-2012 04:52 AM

Okay, so I agree it was stupid. I agree it unsportsmanlike, and I agree that there's no justification for the trip. But I don't really agree this needs law enforcement and mountie investigation involvement. If anything, I think all this warrants is either a league ban from the coach and some civil suit if the injuries are actually legit.

However, I really really really really really really really really really really doubt that that kid suffered a broken wrist from a trip.

I grew up in minor hockey and apart from falling on the ice as a constant learning practice when skating, but kids fall harder than that during in-game tripping whether intentional or not.

I'm betting either the injury is media sensationalism, or if not victim-pity sensationalism for purposes of their own.

The tripping by coach is not cool, but I think calling in the cops for that is a bigger pansy move.

StylinRed 06-27-2012 05:03 AM

ive fallen from a standing position as a kid playing basketball and broke my wrist required 6 weeks in a cast so i can see this being true; although im surprised he only needs 2 weeks

hairline fracture maybe or a really bad sprain

Noir 06-27-2012 05:12 AM

^ maybe

I understand the feasability of hand injury from a seemingly innocuous fall. However, for a sport where hitting, colliding, and falling at varying levels of intensity is inherent and constant, it seems kinda "too-convenient" for me.

quasi 06-27-2012 05:41 AM

I hope he gets sued on top of the criminal charges, make him pay with his wallet as well.

dbaz 06-27-2012 06:29 AM

seen worse when i played hockey. its amazing what happens and what parents can get away with. we had a parent who was an off duty cop from the opposing team come into our locker room and grab a kid by the neck, threatening his life. he then proceeded to threaten the rest of us, call his police buddies over to intimidate us, attempt to hit us and threw random things that were in the locker room at us. stupid shit like this happens pretty often unfortunately.

punkwax 06-27-2012 06:34 AM

It seems as though the coach was targeting that big kid. If I had to guess, I'd say that kid was probably gooning it up all game and the coach got frustrated and decided to take matters into his own hands. Coaches in minor hockey get rather pissed when bigger kids are playing too aggressively and refs don't do anything to stop it.

Not saying its ok, just hazarding a guess as to what caused a grown man to trip a kid.

InvisibleSoul 06-27-2012 06:57 AM

Would have loved to see the big kid start taking swings at the coach and land a few clean ones.