REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Fashion & Shopping

Fashion & Shopping Blackmarkers. A Filtered Selection of Clothing, Footwear and Accessories.
Gotta stay fresh! Latest fashion trends, new clothing lines, mega sales events, and awesome deals..

Old 06-27-2012, 03:45 AM   #1
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

chinos

Hey

anyone wear chinos? I dont have any but maybe thinking of trying a pair. Looked around online and Burton seems to have some decent chinos for a good price. Any other brands make good chinos? I dont want skinny chinos because i aint got chicken legs.

This is something i was thinking of getting
Tapered Slim Navy Chino - Mens Chinos - 2 for £50 - Burton

I always wear jeans but i think 1-2 pairs of chinos wouldnt be too bad?
Advertisement
hundredone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 09:55 AM   #2
Need to Seek Professional Help

Get them from Levis from the Bay. 511 fit. They're $70. Comes in like 5 colours, the fit is perfect. I wear them more than Jeans now haha
RESN is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-27-2012, 10:28 AM   #3
RS controls my life!

I have always had a pair of black and dark blue chonos. It gets boring wearing jeans all the time.

I am not feeling those baggy ones in the pics though...
GGnoRE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 11:20 AM   #4
Wanna have a threesome?

Thanked 5,054 Times in 1,657 Posts
I prefer Naked and Famous chinos.
MindBomber is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
G
Old 06-27-2012, 01:24 PM   #5
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RESN View Post
Get them from Levis from the Bay. 511 fit. They're $70. Comes in like 5 colours, the fit is perfect. I wear them more than Jeans now haha
I had no idea Levis had chinos in that fit. MUST BUY

On topic, chicken legs or not, don't buy baggy chinos. You do squats? Good. But don't buy baggy chinos or pants in general (unless that's your style).

Pants that have good fit = not skin tight (maybe a little but not extremely constrictive) are the best. I suppose it depends on the look you want. If you want the gangsta rapper baggy pant style then by all means go ahead. If you want a classy, well-tapered look then go with something that fits closer to your body.
dasani604 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-27-2012, 05:51 PM   #6
10psi aint enough...

Banana Republic has some good chinos, think theres 4 fitting styles.
Depends what you wear on top, and how you wanna dress... Some wear BR chinos for business casual on friday work days.

I've been trying to find 7FAM chinos lol...
HondaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 03:13 AM   #7
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

im 6feet 180lbs
yes i do squats wit more muscular legs
i usually wear straight leg levis 505 or diesel straight leg, its a good fit and not baggy like relaxed jeans, i dont like wearing skinny jeans

the chinos from Burton are tapered slim, so im prety sure they are not baggy. Maybe the models legs are skinny as fk lol. If i wear em , will probably look better.

That burton website has alot of chinos.. and i think after shipping it works out to be about $50+ which is not bad.

think ill just order that navy blue chino and see how it fits me

Last edited by hundredone; 06-28-2012 at 03:21 AM.
hundredone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 02:15 AM   #8
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

+1 on the Banana Republic chinos.

They're a good fit. Straighter leg with a slight taper, so not too loose and not too fitted.

I got my pair (maybe 6 months ago?) for about $25 at the Premium Outlets. And when I went to the one in Vegas recently they had the same sale!
tweakynuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 10:22 AM   #9
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweakynuts View Post
+1 on the Banana Republic chinos.

They're a good fit. Straighter leg with a slight taper, so not too loose and not too fitted.

I got my pair (maybe 6 months ago?) for about $25 at the Premium Outlets. And when I went to the one in Vegas recently they had the same sale!
The BR ones are quite nice, but I think if you get them tailored a bit closer to your legs then they would be perfect. They're a bit baggy on me, and yes I do squats too (got the straight fit, Gavin or w.e it's called).
dasani604 is offline   Reply With Quote