Originally Posted by rsx
Geezus, thanks for the heads up, I looked around for a fan switch/dehumid and found one tucked away in a closet. I fiddled with it and set it to manual. Now it works!
Still no luck fiddling around with the range/mwave though.
Cool, some of the dehumidifiers don't come with an off switch. It's nice to be able to turn the thing off without having to opening everything up.
Maybe make sure your microwave/hoodfan works by plugging in an extension cord before investigating the circuit.
Electrical meters can be as cheap as $5. You don't need a good one. Paying more just increases the accuracy of some things from maybe 10%(cheap) to maybe 2%(expensive). They do the same thing.
If it's a brand new place, maybe you can talk to your builder or whoever?