REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 07-05-2012, 10:12 PM   #26
Official Texas Ambassador

Thanked 5,671 Times in 1,324 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 320icar View Post
I really want to join this group buy, but the poster made this thread RIDICULOUS to understand and weird and confusing. I want a blackVue ds400g. And I'll install it myself... Why can't this b written like a group buy, instead of an eBay ad.
I still don't understand if it has a warranty, or if the camera only operates in Korean.
Advertisement
She taught me right from wrong and always told me to stay positive and help others no matter how small the deed - that helping others gives us meaning to carry on. The sun is out today and it's a new day. Life is good. I just needed a slap in the face.
El Bastardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 10:35 PM   #27
Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by bananana View Post
Could we get some pics of the hardwire install vs cigarette lighter?
Do you really need a pic for this? Hard wire will be tapping in a 12v wire inside the dash, such as the lighter or aux power source. You can run the wires to the pillars up to the roof line and down to your dash cam. For the lighter install, you're just plugging it in (taking up the plug) and you can hide the wires the same way or have them hanging around.
Old 07-05-2012, 10:40 PM   #28
Orgasm Donor & Alatar owned my ass twice!

what's the difference between this and the ones sold on ebay? besides the fact that the ebay one's original language is Korean and flashed to English firmware and also only $180ish US??
(")_(")
wobuffet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 10:47 PM   #29
asr
RS.net Licensed Vendor

Thanked 1,399 Times in 371 Posts
The products we got are English version with English manual,firmeware and voice speaking.

I don't have any experience with Ebay Dr400g hd. You can get answer from someone who ordered from EBAY.
But remember this important notice from Blackvue.
asr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 10:54 PM   #30
asr
RS.net Licensed Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 320icar View Post
I really want to join this group buy, but the poster made this thread RIDICULOUS to understand and weird and confusing. I want a blackVue ds400g. And I'll install it myself... Why can't this b written like a group buy, instead of an eBay ad.
I am sorry English is not my first language. I will try my best to improve that.
Old 07-05-2012, 11:01 PM   #31
Wanna have a threesome?

Thanked 5,054 Times in 1,657 Posts
Interested, the bad drivers thread has me convinced of the importance of a dash cam. I'm debating between which shop to order from, or to just go through ebay, need to see if the GB hits 30.

I'd like to know where the install is done, and by who, and by that I mean, what are the qualifications of the installers?
MindBomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 11:53 PM   #32
asr
RS.net Licensed Vendor

^I will do the cigaratte adaptor install and hardwire install.

Last edited by asr; 07-05-2012 at 11:59 PM.
Old 07-06-2012, 03:05 PM   #33
RS controls my life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MindBomber View Post
Interested, the bad drivers thread has me convinced of the importance of a dash cam. I'm debating between which shop to order from, or to just go through ebay, need to see if the GB hits 30.

I'd like to know where the install is done, and by who, and by that I mean, what are the qualifications of the installers?
x2
eurochevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 03:15 PM   #34
asr
RS.net Licensed Vendor

For cigarette adaptor installation, it is easy. For hardwiring, I will use add-a-circuit to get it done from fuse box. I don't have any qualification but I have been done a lot of cars. If you don't trust my work, you can do it yourself or I can send you to some mechanic shops to get it done. Thanks.
Old 07-07-2012, 12:28 AM   #35
asr
RS.net Licensed Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by kouki_monster View Post
Does the DR400 still have the overheating problem?

DR380 solved the heating issue.
Old 07-09-2012, 11:50 AM   #36
asr
RS.net Licensed Vendor

Groupbuy already started. !5ppl already.

Last edited by asr; 07-11-2012 at 11:16 PM.
Old 07-11-2012, 11:13 PM   #37
asr
RS.net Licensed Vendor

If you guys would like to hardwire power magic by yourself, that's good. I encourage for DIY. If you need help, I can send you to a local ICBC bodyshop to get it done. Thanks.
Old 07-14-2012, 10:18 PM   #38
asr
RS.net Licensed Vendor

Case closed.
Old 07-14-2012, 10:43 PM   #39
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

I thought you posted July 20th was when the group buy will close. I was waiting till then to join cause I want to see how many people was going to join first.
MTV Cribs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 10:47 PM   #40
Wanna have a threesome?

Thanked 5,054 Times in 1,657 Posts
The date was set as July 20th.... I was waiting to see if it hit 30.

http://www.revscene.net/forums/67040...eedracing.html
MindBomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 04:58 AM   #41
asr
RS.net Licensed Vendor

^pmed you guys.
1st group buy closed.
I called some buyers and pmed some buyers.

storage address: 8600 park road, richmond, bc
Cell:7786285886.
If you have any questions or if you need to purchase Blackvue dash cameras, please feel free to call ASR.We will do same groupbuy price untill 20th July 2012.
Artofspeedracing

Last edited by asr; 07-15-2012 at 05:09 AM.
Old 07-15-2012, 02:55 PM   #42
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

what was the price for 380?
also, do you charge extra for hard wiring it?

thx
heero78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 09:04 PM   #43
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Any plans for a 2nd group buy?
ApePee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 08:12 AM   #44
RS Lurker, I don't post!

Hang on, the first group buy is closed? It's July 17th today... When I checked it last week, you said if the group buy hit 30+ people by July 20th, you would drop the price to like $230 for the DR400G, and like $190 for the DR380. That implies a minimum of 30 people, with no set limit on how many units get sold. Did we get to 30+ people? Was there some sort of limit on the number of units you were selling? Are we still being offered that price? And why have you taken the prices and number of people sign up off the first post?

Don't get me wrong, this is probably the cheapest you can find these cameras in the area, but you seem to have a few funny business practices going on... You make a limited time offer, then cut it short without notice (or reason). You offer a price, then take it down so people have to PM you (I saw this happen on the VIC forum). I would've been happy to pay the $250 or so for a DR380 plus the Power Magic, but if this is how you treat people before they buy, then I'm a little concerned what's going to happen once you get their money.

[/rant]
pope_face is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-17-2012, 09:09 AM   #45
asr
RS.net Licensed Vendor

already 30+, $230 for dr400, $190 for dr380, both are free hardwiring installation now. Read the first post. I am from VIC club I did give same discount like same to REVscene guys. You made 2 post on REVscene. And 1 post is something like this on purpose?
This post FAILED by:
Old 07-17-2012, 09:34 AM   #46
RS Lurker, I don't post!

Quote:
Originally Posted by asr View Post
already 30+, $230 for dr400, $190 for dr380, both are free hardwiring installation now. Read the first post.
You mean the first post, that you edited at 10:11 AM on Tuesday, July 17th, which is about twenty minutes ago? When I checked an hour ago, there were no prices listed. I appreciate the fact that you put them back up, but that still doesn't change the fact that you told people that the group buy was closed and took down the prices (apparently a couple days ago, given the dates on the previous couple posts), which implies that you're not selling anymore. There was even one person that asked when the second group buy was.

Quote:
I am from VIC club I did give same discount like same to REVscene guys.
And yes, I know you're from VIC... That's how I found out about this group buy, and I appreciate that. I remember there were a few of us trying to get a group buy going a couple months ago, unsuccessfully, and you've made it happen. And like I said, this is probably the cheapest you can find these in-town, so kudos to you for making that happen. However, the reason I brought up VIC is because you made a For Sale thread in the "Private Classifieds" (I'm surprised you're not a vendor yet), listing the prices for both the DR400G and DR380, then removed the prices for both within the same day, at which point about four people posted in the thread requesting a price. It even says in the Classified Forum rules (on VIC) that you have to put a price in.

Quote:
You made 2 post on REVscene. And 1 post is something like this on purpose?
Yes, I do only have two posts on RS (three now, actually). And yes, one of them was specifically in response to this thread. But, I started my RS account in order to find out more about meets, cruises, and group buys. Whether or not I post a lot shouldn't matter. However, I did feel the need to reply to this thread because I disagree with how you're running things, and wanted to voice my concern (for my benefit and others). I didn't feel the need to post this on the VIC site because that's not where this is happening, but I can bring it up there, if you prefer.

Perhaps it's inexperience in sales, perhaps it's miscommunication (due to poor English skills or otherwise), or perhaps it's something else altogether, but you're not being very straight with the people who want to be your customers. Editing your posts and pretending it never happened isn't going to change that.
pope_face is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-17-2012, 09:54 AM   #47
Zombie Mod

Thanked 5,169 Times in 1,551 Posts
pope face,

While OP's post can be more concise, bottom-line is you can get a BlackVue at the GB price, now:

Quote:
If you have any questions or if you need to purchase Blackvue dash cameras, please feel free to call ASR.We will do same groupbuy price untill 20th July 2012.
Artofspeedracing
Old 07-17-2012, 10:06 AM   #48
First to fail !SG evar! Now i have yellow fever...

Thanked 2,431 Times in 475 Posts
Quote:
already 30+, $230 for dr400, $190 for dr380, both are free hardwiring installation now. Read the first post. I am from VIC club I did give same discount like same to REVscene guys. You made 2 post on REVscene. And 1 post is something like this on purpose?
What in the world does post count have to do with anything? This man is a potential customer of yours. I concur with pope face, that was kind of a shady business practice man..good that you put it back up though.
Redlines_Daily is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-17-2012, 10:29 AM   #49
asr
RS.net Licensed Vendor

I pmed all the groupbuy customer for Dr400 $230 and Dr380 $190 already yesterday even though it didn't hit 30 people. This morning it's already over 30 people sign up. Unfortunately, my english is poor or I might express somthing wrong. I don't ask for any deposits for the groupbuy. If you really think I am not straight forward or whatever, that's ok. Also, I do sell on VIC private classified thread because ASR's website will be done soon. I try to reduce some cost on advertisement. The profit margin of dash camera is pretty small. I tried to help some club members to get better deal. Price on revscene or vic are same.
Old 07-17-2012, 10:57 AM   #50
asr
RS.net Licensed Vendor

The reason I don't post price is simple because I am thinking about my retailers. They are doing the retail. The price must be higher than me. I pm all the members on revscene and vic for $230 for dr400. And even when I just open ASR I even gave lower price than $230 for the grand opening promotion.I just want to show my sincerity to all the customers. If I post the price, how could these retail store make money?They are also my customers. I am a fair and honest guy on Revscene. Some revscene members already picked up the dash cameras from ASR such as Belaud, Ko7. Starting from today till 30 of Auguest, I made an offer for free hardwiring installation. If some customer worry about my hardwiring job, our business partner Fastrack Autobody can do the hardwiring for you, but it's not free.
In order to avoid futher more misunderstood, ASR website will be clear for price.