REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Relationship & Gender Discussion

Relationship & Gender Discussion THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
The thin line between love and hate
Mature discussion about understanding the opposite sex...

Old 07-12-2012, 01:05 AM   #1
Banned By Establishment

30+ guys, what have you noticed about dating?

When I was 16-25, I dated normally and women seemed to follow the archetypes that I grew accustomed to while growing up

26-30 I began to notice that my expectations were starting to miss the mark

30-32 When I had moved downtown and began to socialize heavily, I started to meet many more women that completely defied everything I had known about women

33+ Girls I meet now are completely different animals than when I was 20, society, sex, culture, and dating seem to have changed drastically in such a short period of time. Once I learned to take advantage of the lack of customs and norms, I began to feel like I was cheating at life. Getting what I wanted without having to follow any rules, what I mean by that is the traditional dating methods seemed to go against the end goals.

I'll stick my neck out and say that dating has changed vastly in the last decade or so, thoughts?

Jason00S2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 06:11 AM   #2
PJ
My name is PJ and I like dogs.

Thanked 1,683 Times in 532 Posts
Dating hasn't changed, I'd say it's more so that people change. Change comes with age, I'd say. It's inevitable.

I'm still in my early 20's, so I can't really speak too much from experience.
But already I've noticed my taste in girls has completely changed.

High school up until 19,20 ish, it's pretty straight forward. You date the most attractive girl you can get your hands on, doesn't matter if she's sharp as a tack or dumb as a rock. You want to show her off and have bragging rights.

But even now at 23, I'm very quickly losing interest in the hot party girls. I mean sure, they're fun to hang out and party with. But date? Not a chance. Nothing's a faster turn off than when you ask them about their future plans and they haven't got a clue.

Side note, Jason - how's your publishing situation coming through? I'm deciding whether or not to sign with Cooke..

Hello my name is PJ.

Buy/Sell Feedback 1-0-0
PJ is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-12-2012, 07:05 AM   #3
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 2,341 Times in 970 Posts
i'm in my early 30s.

early 20-25s you bend over backwards doing stupid shit for your gf and some take it for granted. you try to impress them and you are always "can i pick you up" "let me take you to dinner" etc. You try to be a gentleman and do a lot of things.

25+ you are in your career, you have a decent job and you realize the more depth you have, the more 'unique' you are as a rounded individual, girls just come flocking to get to you know. you date smarter, only tap blondes caues they are dumb and so they can just get your rocks off and not for a relationship.

30+ huge change. if you don't have career, you don't have a good story to tell about your life, your dating life is going to suck. Girls that are still single either came out from a reallly bad relationship or they know what they want and wnat to settle. they don't care if u drive a benz, that u take them out on a meal, that u have a nice apartment, they WANT and ONLY date guys that can hold a good conversation, with tons of confidence and being able to hold yourself when they take you out to meet their friends. You see a paradigm shift where girls tend to treat you really nice and are impressed by and want to do things for you.

SEX is freaking amazing when you date girls in their 30s. they can FOOK LONGER and better in bed and they are kinky as shit. None of the stupid missionary all the time. They can outfook any of the blonde chicks you dated back in your 20s. 3somes, kinky sex, 150 shades of grey is just the beginning of dating 30 yr olds. OH, word of warning, impressing these women are useless. They want a man, not a punk bitch, so if u want to impress them with shit.. you will never have a chance, however, these women will larvish you with gifts and give you all they have.

jut my 2 cents.
6793026 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-12-2012, 07:15 AM   #4
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 2,485 Times in 1,007 Posts
with age, people mature and look for different things/values..

dating is always the same...
Old 07-12-2012, 07:22 AM   #5
PJ
My name is PJ and I like dogs.

Thanked 1,683 Times in 532 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6793026 View Post
30+ huge change. if you don't have career, you don't have a good story to tell about your life, your dating life is going to suck.

they don't care if u drive a benz, that u take them out on a meal, that u have a nice apartment, they WANT and ONLY date guys that can hold a good conversation, with tons of confidence and being able to hold yourself when they take you out to meet their friends.
This starts earlier, I'd say, even as young as 21. (Mind you, the percentage of younger ones will be a bit more materialistic and care about what you drive.)

But I completely agree that girls look for guys with life experience. All my female friends are 21-27, and they ALL say that they want a guy with an interesting story. Nothing's more boring than a guy went from high school, straight to university, and straight to the office with nothing in between. Benz or no Benz, if the guy hasn't done anything remotely interesting with his life, they'll pass.

Hello my name is PJ.

Buy/Sell Feedback 1-0-0
PJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 07:30 AM   #6
Willing to sell a family member for a few minutes on RS

Quote:
SEX is freaking amazing when you date girls in their 30s. they can FOOK LONGER and better in bed and they are kinky as shit. None of the stupid missionary all the time. They can outfook any of the blonde chicks you dated back in your 20s. 3somes, kinky sex, 150 shades of grey is just the beginning of dating 30 yr olds. OH, word of warning, impressing these women are useless. They want a man, not a punk bitch, so if u want to impress them with shit.. you will never have a chance, however, these women will larvish you with gifts and give you all they have.
This.

I'm turning 31 in 3 weeks...
hotjoint is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-12-2012, 07:51 AM   #7
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
I saw the subject line and thought, "Wow, Jason00S2000 is admitting to having dated 30+ guys??"

Quote:
True story. Wait'll the next decade - they either dry up completely, or they're insatiable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 08:35 AM   #8
NSX
NA1

Quote:
i'm in my early 30s.

early 20-25s you bend over backwards doing stupid shit for your gf and some take it for granted. you try to impress them and you are always "can i pick you up" "let me take you to dinner" etc. You try to be a gentleman and do a lot of things.

25+ you are in your career, you have a decent job and you realize the more depth you have, the more 'unique' you are as a rounded individual, girls just come flocking to get to you know. you date smarter, only tap blondes caues they are dumb and so they can just get your rocks off and not for a relationship.

30+ huge change. if you don't have career, you don't have a good story to tell about your life, your dating life is going to suck. Girls that are still single either came out from a reallly bad relationship or they know what they want and wnat to settle. they don't care if u drive a benz, that u take them out on a meal, that u have a nice apartment, they WANT and ONLY date guys that can hold a good conversation, with tons of confidence and being able to hold yourself when they take you out to meet their friends. You see a paradigm shift where girls tend to treat you really nice and are impressed by and want to do things for you.

jut my 2 cents.
True Story.
NSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 11:34 AM   #9
Big Drama Show

Thanked 3,080 Times in 1,195 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotjoint View Post
This.

I'm turning 31 in 3 weeks...
Wtfffff, when I saw u in the playoffs last year, I coulda swore u were 20ish

Dem dere asian aging
spideyv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 01:49 PM   #10
Willing to sell a family member for a few minutes on RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayare604 View Post
Wtfffff, when I saw u in the playoffs last year, I coulda swore u were 20ish

Dem dere asian aging
haha bro, what team do you play for again? Are you that philippino guy that I always talk to whenever we run into each other? It's ok, I don't look my age at all. Most people think I'm in my early 20's. Asian genes man
hotjoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 02:05 PM   #11
Ricer Mod

Thanked 5,276 Times in 1,501 Posts
I'm 37 and I'm finding it very common that women in my age group are just down to fuck with no strings attached. I've been noticing that the 20 something girls still catch my eye but the mentality of them doesn't fit my lifestyle. Girls in their 20's are still looking for Mr. Right to settle down with while I've found girls in their 30's are not. If your my age and single it's probably for a fairly good reason and relationships are not a something that you are looking for. It's not that your NOT looking for a relationship but most of us have that "Been there done that" attitude and just could care less. If we can get laid and not have to worry about the BS that comes with having a significant other, then why not?

I will add that I am an attractive male with no shortage of female interest so this very much may not the case the with other men.

Berz out.
Old 07-12-2012, 02:30 PM   #12
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berzerker View Post
Berz out.
Is your avatar your actual photo?

Being fit is the single most important thing to attract women, other than the magic of money.
Old 07-12-2012, 02:35 PM   #13
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,283 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason00S2000 View Post
Is your avatar your actual photo?

Being fit is the single most important thing to attract women, other than the magic of money.
Seen him in person, and yes he is quite fit.

No homo. Will not jack jim off.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
SumAznGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-12-2012, 02:35 PM   #14
MiX iT Up!

Thanked 2,066 Times in 865 Posts
interesting that no one has mentioned that 30 year old women look for money, status, power, good looks.

Sometimes we tend to be in despair when the person we love leaves us, but the truth is, it's not our loss, but theirs, for they left the only person who couldn't give up on them.

Make the effort and take the risk..

"Do what you feel in your heart to be right- for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't." - Eleanor Roosevelt
tiger_handheld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 02:41 PM   #15
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,012 Times in 988 Posts
Wow berz had no clue u were 37, maybe 32 at max
strykn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 02:43 PM   #16
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Thanked 1,619 Times in 378 Posts
^ i think your kinda wrong on that one,

the older a woman gets, the more they are willing to settle with someone not so great imo,

their clocks are ticking, dont have time to be picky.

if you dress half decently, and have a half decent job, you can pretty much land any 30 yo chick.

The young ones are the ones that care about status, older women dont have time for that shit, they wanna settle.
Glove is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-12-2012, 02:54 PM   #17
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,283 Posts
^ In theory this is true, but I do know some 200+ lb 30+ year old gals who want that hot rich talll good looking with ripped body guy.

Guys will dream about hot chicks, no reason girls can't wish for a 20 year old dude with a 6 pack and muscles.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
SumAznGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 02:56 PM   #18
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 2,341 Times in 970 Posts
^ sorry, i don't agree. It's not called "willing to settle" with someone not so great, it's called, they are mofo depreciating fast and their dream of finding a Brad Pitt look alike, hedgefund baby with a 3 condo apartment, rolling in a S class was never ever attainable to begin with.

I get A LOT of 30 yr old blondes saying "why am I not getting hit on as much"... I just ain't getting any dates... Sorry girl, your bar star buying you free drink days are over girl, wake up.
6793026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 03:18 PM   #19
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Thanked 1,619 Times in 378 Posts
^ ya thats exactly what I mean, just a different way of saying it,

they are past their prime, thus you dont need status or anything to get em, kuz they are desperate
Glove is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-12-2012, 04:09 PM   #20
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glove View Post
^ ya thats exactly what I mean, just a different way of saying it,

they are past their prime, thus you dont need status or anything to get em, kuz they are desperate

There is a girl I know who, at 16, was literally swarmed by men of all ages trying to date her.

She LOVED the attention and was a complete playette, I dated her for 2 weeks before she dumped the 15 year old me for my friend. She literally made out with every guy in the group to make us compete for her attention.

Our friendship drifted and several years went by and she was still hot, I boned her for the first time when she was like, uhhhh, 25?

My ex, who was in school back east, knew her fairly well and felt she was a non-threat, and approved of me having sex with her and her only while she was busy in school in Manitoba. She was crazy good in bed, and her specialty move was this:

She would lay sideways on a bed and have her mouth lined up perfectly for you to stand at the side of the bed and face fuck her. I would face fuck her, cum in her mouth, and she would immediately turn around and put her pussy as high up as possible and her face down in the blankets. She had this thing that she would hold the cum in her mouth and swirl it around, tasting you, while you would then fuck her pussy and cum in her pussy. It was incredibly hot, and she would only swallow once her pussy was full of your load too.

A few years went by and she had a bunch of guys chasing her still, I didn't want to date her because she's an EXPERT at using her pussy to control men.

She hit about 30 and everything went south. She couldn't work a job and had no money, and most guys were somewhat suspicious that she was using them, anyone, for cash.

A dude started taking care of her, and long story short, when he broke it off, she got pregnant on purpose by telling him she was on the pill and lying for months until she got pregnant.

Now she's 34, living in poverty, still cute but she can only date other single dads. I banged her a few months ago for sport and she mentioned how lonely she's become, I had to tell her that desperation is the worst thing to notice about someone.
This post thanked by:
Old 07-12-2012, 05:43 PM   #21
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glove View Post
the older a woman gets, the more they are willing to settle with someone not so great imo,

their clocks are ticking, dont have time to be picky.

if you dress half decently, and have a half decent job, you can pretty much land any 30 yo chick.

The young ones are the ones that care about status, older women dont have time for that shit, they wanna settle.
Some see it as "settling".

As you get up in age, you start to realize that looks really aren't everything. Recall the classic:

Arm candy is great and a good lay with a freakshow is fun, but eventually you look for someone you can actually live with on a day-to-day basis; someone who actually enjoys sharing things with you besides just the bed. Sometimes the hottie is that person... more often though, it's things BESIDES the outside shell that you start to find attractive.

Like if you have a warped sense of humour, a decent-looking chick that will laugh at your stupid jokes AND give you more, WILL ACTUALLY BE MORE ATTRACTIVE to you than the hot blonde who just gives you a stupid look when you pull out your best knock-knocks.

Or if you're into, say, esoteric sci-fi, and you meet that chick who actually wants to cozy up and watch your Red Dwarf collection... even if she's what you would have considered mediocre-looking in your youth, you're likely to actually find her HOTTER over time than the bimbo who will turn off a Kryten monologue just to get you to bone her. (The one who'll bone you and THEN go put on the Red Dwarf, well... that's the Holy Grail!)

Keep in mind that some chicks age better than others. Thinking back to a recent 20-something-year high school reunion I went to... there were a few of the hotties from back then who still look amazing... quite a few who have aged fairly well... and several who fall into the "WTF happened to you???" category (see Jason's freaky chick above).

AND there were even more who were the nerdy, outcast, bookwormish type back then who've now become HUMMANAHUMMANA hotties that you go, "Holy shit, why wasn't I dating YOU in high school???"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-13-2012, 08:42 AM   #22
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,459 Times in 1,126 Posts
I've always dated older women, so I became aware of the advantages of dating women in their late-20s and early-30s in my mid-20s.

While I haven't had the experiences that our resident Tucker Max, JasonOOS2000, has had, I can attest to older women being more comfortable with their bodies and more willing to get their men off. Women's mouths become 'filthier' as they age too (which is a great thing, if you like dirty talk.) And there's nothing sexier than an older woman who knows how to dress and knows how to ease up on the make-up. In contrast, Granville St on the weekends is full of trashy women with fake tans, caked-on foundation, fake tits, and cheap heels.
Tapioca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 10:20 AM   #23
I keep RS good

Thanked 5,539 Times in 1,502 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundy View Post
Some see it as "settling".

As you get up in age, you start to realize that looks really aren't everything. Recall the classic:

Arm candy is great and a good lay with a freakshow is fun, but eventually you look for someone you can actually live with on a day-to-day basis; someone who actually enjoys sharing things with you besides just the bed. Sometimes the hottie is that person... more often though, it's things BESIDES the outside shell that you start to find attractive.

Like if you have a warped sense of humour, a decent-looking chick that will laugh at your stupid jokes AND give you more, WILL ACTUALLY BE MORE ATTRACTIVE to you than the hot blonde who just gives you a stupid look when you pull out your best knock-knocks.

Or if you're into, say, esoteric sci-fi, and you meet that chick who actually wants to cozy up and watch your Red Dwarf collection... even if she's what you would have considered mediocre-looking in your youth, you're likely to actually find her HOTTER over time than the bimbo who will turn off a Kryten monologue just to get you to bone her. (The one who'll bone you and THEN go put on the Red Dwarf, well... that's the Holy Grail!)

Keep in mind that some chicks age better than others. Thinking back to a recent 20-something-year high school reunion I went to... there were a few of the hotties from back then who still look amazing... quite a few who have aged fairly well... and several who fall into the "WTF happened to you???" category (see Jason's freaky chick above).

AND there were even more who were the nerdy, outcast, bookwormish type back then who've now become HUMMANAHUMMANA hotties that you go, "Holy shit, why wasn't I dating YOU in high school???"
That's why you have many women each with a different speciality. you call whichever one you need at the moment.
Ulic Qel-Droma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 08:41 AM   #24
Banned (ABWS)

im like 27 and make like 15 dollars an hour and dating is still fine. i can still get young girls like 20+.

Just keep going to the gym and maintain looks
diesel_test is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 09:51 AM   #25
Ricer Mod

Thanked 5,276 Times in 1,501 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by diesel_test View Post
im like 27 and make like 15 dollars an hour and dating is still fine. i can still get young girls like 20+.

Just keep going to the gym and maintain looks
If you talk like you type young girls are the only thing you'll be getting because anyone over 25 will think you sound like a child.

Berz out.