REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness (https://www.revscene.net/forums/sports-sports-entertainment-fitness_35/)
-   -   Workout Apparel/Clothing thread (https://www.revscene.net/forums/670890-workout-apparel-clothing-thread.html)

instantneedles 07-14-2012 01:28 AM

Workout Apparel/Clothing thread

Since theres basically a thread for everything else, thot id make a workout apparel thread. Post info and good deals on workout gear, anything from shirts, pants, waist belts, straps, weightlifting shoes etc in this thread.
So to start it off, what do you guys where to workout?

ShadowBun 07-14-2012 01:35 AM

I where under armor
usually the loose kind

TypeRNammer 07-14-2012 02:05 AM

Wear :troll:

skiiipi 07-14-2012 02:49 AM

Since i work for sportchek, i'm pretty well equipped....
usually Under Armor "Fitted" Sleeveless Tee, with Just a basic UA shorts
Or the Nike Pro Combat "Fitted" Sleeveless Tee

For Bikram I wear either Core Shorts by UA, or Nike Pro Combat Compression shorts, and sometimes with a UA "Compression" top.

I find UA's compression line to be "thicker" than the Nike Compression line, Nike is definitely more breathable, but UA offers more compression.

The UA's "fitted" line seems to fit much better than Nike's "Fitted" line, but also about $10 more both retail and cost.

For footwear, i wear Asics Gel Kayano for Gym/Running, and Salomon Speedcross 3 for Grouse Grind/Trail running.

Gloves just basic Harbinger Pro Wrist Wrap

SkinnyPupp 07-14-2012 02:57 AM

I'm looking for shorts that don't cling to the knees. Not the running shorts where your balls hang lower than the legs, but not soccer length either. Any ideas? Since you work at sports check, maybe you are familiar...

All the shorts they sell here have like a 12" inseam, so unless you wear them at your chest, they hang low and get in the way

RRxtar 07-14-2012 08:08 AM

Am also looking for what to wear for shorts. Currently wearing old board shorts and roll the legs up for squarts and other leg exercises but its not ideal

I've got a bunch of sleeveless fitted underarmor-type 'drywear' shirts from marks that i wear.
Harbinger gloves from sport chek
Everlast belt from Pricess Auto for $10 that i dont use too often

hud 91gt 07-14-2012 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RRxtar (Post 7975166)
Am also looking for what to wear for shorts. Currently wearing old board shorts and roll the legs up for squarts and other leg exercises but its not ideal

I've got a bunch of sleeveless fitted underarmor-type 'drywear' shirts from marks that i wear.
Harbinger gloves from sport chek
Everlast belt from Pricess Auto for $10 that i dont use too often

Bought a pair of black stretchy boardshorts from Costco. Made by "Redsand". Super stretchy in every direction so they don't bind up during squats. They were cheap too, less then $20 if I remember correctly.

skiiipi 07-14-2012 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp (Post 7975122)
I'm looking for shorts that don't cling to the knees. Not the running shorts where your balls hang lower than the legs, but not soccer length either. Any ideas? Since you work at sports check, maybe you are familiar...

All the shorts they sell here have like a 12" inseam, so unless you wear them at your chest, they hang low and get in the way

I don't know what they are called off the top of my head, but I wear the UA shorts that are shorter than bball shorts but definately. Longer than soccer shorts, they are super light weight, no liner for $29.99 retail. Come in navy, black. Or red.

If u don't mind. Spending a bit more, the UA combine training series has a short that sits slightly above the knee for me and is CRAZY light weight, and drys super quick, but at $39.99 a pair retail, its a bit pricy

SkinnyPupp 07-14-2012 11:59 AM

Wonder if I can find those here... I see a lot of skinny people wearing these wacky tight clothing with pieces of rubber all over them, but I don't think they are under armor

racerman88 07-14-2012 02:48 PM

I wear any dri-fit shirts and shorts.
Harbinger gloves have been very good.

spideyv2 07-14-2012 02:50 PM

loose fitted tank top and shorts

pinn3r 07-14-2012 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jayare604 (Post 7975370)
loose fitted tank top and shorts

+1

most of the time, it's just a crappy loose t-shirt & sweat/track pants for me lol

hal0g0dv2 07-14-2012 03:29 PM

orginal lu lu v necks i got a couple left, i have posted before. best fitting v neck ever. I have a grey one and it is stretched in the lats lol. love that t-shirt

BinsentoW 07-14-2012 03:42 PM

Cheap sweats that costed me $15 for 2 pairs. I wouldnt dare wear them out anywhere else. But since its getting hot now, Ive been wearing shorts
And a plain white hanes tee shirt.

instantneedles 07-14-2012 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hal0g0dv2 (Post 7975400)
orginal lu lu v necks i got a couple left, i have posted before. best fitting v neck ever. I have a grey one and it is stretched in the lats lol. love that t-shirt

if only i was ur size, theyd be mine :fullofwin: I love lulu shit.. got some of the best material for working out...

Recon604 07-14-2012 03:54 PM

i buy my workout clothes online @ adidas Official Website | adidas CA

RacingMetro92 07-15-2012 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp (Post 7975122)

Nike Dri-Fit Fly Short - Men's - Training - Clothing - Black/Black

I have these Nike Speed-fly shorts that I use in the gym. 10" inseam so they sit right at the mid-point of my knees. Light, and I can do deadlifts in them pretty okay. Pockets are a bonus as I have some Under Armour shorts that are like an 8" inseam with no pockets.

SkinnyPupp 07-15-2012 09:12 PM

those look really long though.. hmm they have 'training' specific shorts, that's what they need here

As annoying as the crossfit thing is, it is helping that companies are starting to market to them. Reebok has already started doing it here with their flexible shoes. I hope other functional clothing makes it here too!

apl_lb 07-15-2012 10:14 PM

Picked up some $6.00 shorts from Walmart in the states a while back. Just wear those and a thin tee that can breathe.

DiiCii 07-15-2012 10:24 PM

Anyone know where I can get a pair of track pants for a decent price? I am fairly short.. About5'6" im a 29 waist size and small fits me perfectly but it's so lengthy Q.Q

Araaadi 07-15-2012 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hal0g0dv2 (Post 7975400)

Dude, I love my lulu v necks, I have the plain gray and plain black, they fit so well and are so comfortable that I wear them clubbing.

For gym i just wear any dry fit or ua stuff i buy in the seattle outlets, for shoes i wear my free runs.

red kryptonite 07-16-2012 12:26 AM

Tops and shorts:
Lululemon SilverScent (anti-stink) line on weekdays cuz i go straight to work from the gym, leaving my sweaty clothes in my Gymbag. And because they are made from sliver nylon, bacteria don't grow causing it to stink up the car and bag. Highly recommended for those on the go!
Nike Dri-Fit on weekends

Shoes:
Nike Free Runs on running cardio days
Nike Air Max on biking cardio days.

heero78 07-16-2012 03:52 AM

UA short sleeves + UA fleece pants/shorts

Matlock 07-16-2012 03:58 AM

http://www.t-nation.com/img/store/testShirtBlkLg.jpg

and

http://connorjarden.webs.com/photos/...0BlackMono.jpg

SkinnyPupp 07-16-2012 04:56 AM

I tried converse and I don't get how people can do it. They are so fucking heavy! It's like wearing lead on your feet.