REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum


Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.


Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-25-2012, 11:08 AM   #76
Sunday drives on 3 wheels
 
SumAznGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Hongcouver
Posts: 7,289
Thanked 1,792 Times in 946 Posts
Latest update says the police know who the owner of Captain is, but he has been missing for a week now.
There is some speculations is he may have committed suicide but this is unconfirmed.
Advertisement
__________________
Originally posted by Iceman_19 you should have tried to touch his penis. that really throws them off.
Originally posted by The7even SumAznGuy > Billboa
Originally posted by 1990TSI SumAznGuy> Internet > tinytrix
(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
SumAznGuy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 12:29 PM   #77
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!
 
bing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: vancouver, B.C.
Posts: 1,842
Thanked 562 Times in 229 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PiuYi View Post
In other news, an 8 year old girl was petting dogs in Stanley Park to raise money in honour of Captain. All proceeds go to SPCA. She charged 50 cents a pet and raised good money apparently

too bad i can't find the article.. saw it on the news though
The story of Captain, the German shepherd, has struck a chord.

The two-year old dog was found badly hurt in a Kitsilano dumpster last week and died of his injuries shortly after.

Community support continues to grow as the BC SPCA investigates.

Seven-year-old Stella McWilliam stood with a poster board on the seawall between the Granville and Cambie street bridges.

“My goal is to pet 1,000 dogs. … I'm going to give fifty cents to the SPCA in memory of Captain."

The girl’s $500 objective may seem like a lot, but as her parents note, each SPCA investigation can cost up to $10,000 to complete.

“You really have to take care of your pets,” she adds.





Local News Story
__________________

Cars:
02' Lexus IS300 5spd (rip)
07' BMW 323iA (sold)
05' BMW Z4 5spd
10' Audi A4 quattro
06' BMW 330i 6spd (sold)
08' BMW M3 6spd

Bikes:
15' Kawasaki Ninja300

Last edited by bing; 07-25-2012 at 12:34 PM.
bing is offline  
Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-25-2012, 03:03 PM   #78
Rider
 
dink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: bby
Posts: 3,659
Thanked 286 Times in 110 Posts
Brian Whitlock - owner of Captain has been detained by VPD on another unrelated matter.
__________________
http://www.revscene.net/forums/dink-8-0-t263995.html
dink is offline  
Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-25-2012, 03:06 PM   #79
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch
 
fliptuner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Coquitlam
Posts: 19,693
Thanked 12,349 Times in 3,337 Posts
Police brutality please
__________________
feedback

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad


RSUV #7
fliptuner is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 12:12 AM   #80
Proud to be called a RS Regular!
 
Duff Beer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: n/a
Posts: 112
Thanked 41 Times in 18 Posts
heartless
Duff Beer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 12:28 AM   #81
Hyde's Understudy
 
BlackZRoadster's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 6,003
Thanked 436 Times in 226 Posts
fucking hope he gets his asss beat down in detention

rip captain
__________________
2011 335xi Coupe M-sport
BlackZRoadster is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 01:47 AM   #82
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Surrey
Posts: 216
Thanked 443 Times in 42 Posts
I was thinking of other options but it has to be a current event so the sled dogs wouldn't be accepted.

Very glad to see the community come together to show support and try to get the park named after Captain.


Quote:
Originally Posted by vvd View Post
^+1



Instead of doing your paper on a case that is still under ongoing investigation, maybe you could do it on that sled dog case that happened in whistler a couple of years ago.

Just a suggestion.



RIP doggy. I'm sorry that our kind puts your kind through so much.
superSandhu is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 12:09 PM   #83
Banned (ABWS)
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: no
Posts: 201
Thanked 139 Times in 66 Posts
This is ridic. Its a dog. Put it in the ground and move on. Its an animal, it dosnt have soul and dosnt feel pain. Waste of money. Use it to feed the homeless or something.

Idontwannaliveonthisplanetanymore.jpg
doma is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 12:18 PM   #84
.
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Richmond
Posts: 3,728
Thanked 2,162 Times in 848 Posts
Ban this guy please

How can you say that just because a dog is an animal it can't feel pain or doesn't have a soul? That is just plain absurd. You are the "animal" in this case.
__________________
E92 BMW 335i 6MT


Gone:
AP1 S2000
FA1 Civic

Last edited by Energy; 07-26-2012 at 12:38 PM.
Energy is offline  
Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 07-26-2012, 01:37 PM   #85
I don't get it
 
butter_sashimi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 402
Thanked 65 Times in 26 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by doma View Post
This is ridic. Its a dog. Put it in the ground and move on. Its an animal, it dosnt have soul and dosnt feel pain. Waste of money. Use it to feed the homeless or something.

Idontwannaliveonthisplanetanymore.jpg
Looks like the money your parents spent on you was a waste, you human trash.
butter_sashimi is offline  
Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 07-26-2012, 03:52 PM   #86
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum
 
white rocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: ladner
Posts: 2,887
Thanked 2,661 Times in 1,024 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by doma View Post
This is ridic. Its a dog. Put it in the ground and move on. Its an animal, it dosnt have soul and dosnt feel pain. Waste of money. Use it to feed the homeless or something.

Idontwannaliveonthisplanetanymore.jpg
Hey faggot, why don't you kill yourself so we have some more to feed the homeless with.

wedontwantyouonthisplanetanymorefaggot.jpg
white rocket is offline  
Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 07-26-2012, 09:54 PM   #87
resident Oil Guru
 
LiquidTurbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 7,714
Thanked 10,457 Times in 1,794 Posts
Calm down, people. Don't feed the trolls.
LiquidTurbo is offline  
Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-26-2012, 10:41 PM   #88
Hypa owned my ass at least once
 
Noir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 6,734
Thanked 1,291 Times in 533 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidTurbo View Post
Calm down, people. Don't feed the trolls.
You know... I know exactly why you say that, but honestly... there are a lot of people who believe the trollish sentiments so in the end, it's a bit hard to say if it is just "trolling" or that... some people actually believe that a dogs life is:

* not as valuable
* just an object
* not deserving of similar empathy that we share towards our human counterparts
* etc.



And although they have a point (that a human life is ALWAYS more valuable than an animal's), I think they're just missing out on an even bigger point, which is:

Yes, we can connect, we can treat, we can empathize, and we can mourn the loss of dog as if they were human. However, that does not mean that the sympathic people of this thread does not care about human suffering that occurs around us as well.

We equally care about those human crisis' and our empathy towards our canine friends does not mean we do not show equal (if not more) empathy to human suffering. (for some reason some people just don't understand this; to them it's just gotta be one or the other).

The fact is, people like us, we care (about captain) because we have the capacity to care for things that go even beyond what perils humankind. TBH, the fact that a few people already here can rationalize and trivialize the "value" of a being lesser than them (such as a dog) just makes me think that these individuals probably have the same qualities and values as the individuals who can just throw away a dog in a dumpster just because... it's now an inconvenient item.
Noir is offline  
Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-27-2012, 12:07 AM   #89
resident Oil Guru
 
LiquidTurbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 7,714
Thanked 10,457 Times in 1,794 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noir View Post
You know... I know exactly why you say that, but honestly... there are a lot of people who believe the trollish sentiments so in the end, it's a bit hard to say if it is just "trolling" or that... some people actually believe that a dogs life is:

* not as valuable
* just an object
* not deserving of similar empathy that we share towards our human counterparts
* etc.



And although they have a point (that a human life is ALWAYS more valuable than an animal's), I think they're just missing out on an even bigger point, which is:

Yes, we can connect, we can treat, we can empathize, and we can mourn the loss of dog as if they were human. However, that does not mean that the sympathic people of this thread does not care about human suffering that occurs around us as well.

We equally care about those human crisis' and our empathy towards our canine friends does not mean we do not show equal (if not more) empathy to human suffering. (for some reason some people just don't understand this; to them it's just gotta be one or the other).

The fact is, people like us, we care (about captain) because we have the capacity to care for things that go even beyond what perils humankind. TBH, the fact that a few people already here can rationalize and trivialize the "value" of a being lesser than them (such as a dog) just makes me think that these individuals probably have the same qualities and values as the individuals who can just throw away a dog in a dumpster just because... it's now an inconvenient item.
I don't disagree with what you said, in fact, I was having the same conversation with a friend over dinner.

If you replace the word dog with 'pig' in exactly what you just wrote, you sound like a PETA activist. It's just food for thought, but if you see it like that, then how the person views dogs is the same as say what the average person would say about a pig. "Oh it's just food, slaughter the shit out of them etc."


While I may be alone on this, I feel that the dog's suffering was pretty tragic, but it bugs me when people only get outraged to this kind of thing for only dogs and sharks, etc.

Don't think me wrong, I do agree with you, but sometimes I think people can be a bit extreme. It bugs me that there's a candlelight vigil for this dog, when people are so oblivious to suffering, say in slaughterhouses.
LiquidTurbo is offline  
Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-27-2012, 03:46 AM   #90
My name is Michael. J. Caboose, and I hate BABIES!
 
Inaii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: MoI
Posts: 6,287
Thanked 1,225 Times in 571 Posts
I think the difference is, a dog is a pet, a part of the family. Whereas a pig normally isn't. I figure it's just the pet vs. food mentality.
__________________
"Can you match my resolve? If so then you will succeed. I believe that the human spirit is indomitable. If you endeavour to achieve, it will happen given enough resolve." -- Monty Oum

Quote:
Originally Posted by STATUS105 View Post
IF I FIND YOU
I WILL EAT YOUR RICE!
Inaii is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 07:28 AM   #91
I am Hook'd on RS
 
BallerOtaku's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Richmond BC
Posts: 73
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inaii View Post
I think the difference is, a dog is a pet, a part of the family. Whereas a pig normally isn't. I figure it's just the pet vs. food mentality.
Or the fact that a dog can actually be useful, loyal, and listen to your commands... whereas a pig is a pig..... lol. I used to have a chicken as a pet. Cried when it died but fried chicken is the tastiest thing on the planet yo.
BallerOtaku is offline  
Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 07-27-2012, 06:48 PM   #92
Hypa owned my ass at least once
 
Noir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 6,734
Thanked 1,291 Times in 533 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidTurbo View Post
I don't disagree with what you said, in fact, I was having the same conversation with a friend over dinner.

If you replace the word dog with 'pig' in exactly what you just wrote, you sound like a PETA activist. It's just food for thought, but if you see it like that, then how the person views dogs is the same as say what the average person would say about a pig. "Oh it's just food, slaughter the shit out of them etc."


While I may be alone on this, I feel that the dog's suffering was pretty tragic, but it bugs me when people only get outraged to this kind of thing for only dogs and sharks, etc.

Don't think me wrong, I do agree with you, but sometimes I think people can be a bit extreme. It bugs me that there's a candlelight vigil for this dog, when people are so oblivious to suffering, say in slaughterhouses.
I meant to reply to you this morning but had little time.


Anyhow, the reason why our society is far more attached to dogs rather than your random wildlife critter is because dogs have a special place among our society.

Other than being just our household pets, to greet us when we get home, keep us company, watch our house (property) in our absence, they directly contribute to our society just like your fellow peers. Just to name a few roles dogs have taken:

* They take care of our handicapped [blind];
* Their therapeutic qualities are what started the Therapy Dogs program. A program where dogs are sent to visit hospitals, hospices, etc to cheer up the sick and needy.
* There's law enforcement dogs.
* There's search and rescue dogs.
* There's hunting dogs.

To add why in addition to the above, people are even more attached to them, (and sometimes even moreso than their human counterparts) is because for some reason, it seems like "dogs" are one the few beings on this earth that seem to understand and be able to express "love."

* a dog is loyal (maybe even more loyal than human beings)
* a dog isn't judgemental. They don't care if you're rich or poor, ugly or beautiful. If you love them, they will reciprocate. (this is far from the truth when it comes to people)
* And just like human beings, it's been known that dogs can/and have put their life in peril in order to save another human being; whether it be pulling a drowing person out of the water, pulling someone from a burning building, or even just a simple as finding help for someone who may be incapacitated.



So you see, even if in the surface they're just like your traditional 4 legged mammal, the above are the reasons why the argument of.... "why can't you (___ insert random animal name ___) and mourne for them just as you do a dog.

Or in this particular case, why dogs get somewhat a similar treatment and empathy as a human being.
Noir is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 12:13 PM   #93
Summertime Sadness
 
LSF22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 2,598
Thanked 2,910 Times in 648 Posts
Quote:
The owner of Captain, a two-year-old German shepherd who was found wrapped in a bloody blanket inside a Vancouver dumpster this summer, has been charged with of animal cruelty.

Brian Whitlock, 26, was charged under the Criminal Code and will make his first court appearance in Vancouver this Friday.

“The BC SPCA is extremely pleased that Crown counsel accepted our recommendation for charges in this case,” said Lorie Chortyk, general manager of community relations for the BC SPCA, in a release. “It is absolutely heartbreaking to think of the suffering that this dog experienced – it’s beyond comprehension.”

When Captain was found lying helpless in the dumpster by building residents on July 18, he was conscious but unresponsive.

The dog was suffering from serious lacerations and massive bruising to his head and body.

Later tests revealed that he had extreme neurological and spinal damage and was likely going to be a quadriplegic.

Captain died of cardiac arrest shortly after he was found despite the medial care he received.

If convicted, Whitlock faces up to five years in jail, a fine of up to $75,000 and up to a lifetime ban on owning or having custody of animals.

Global BC | Charges of animal cruelty approved against owner of Captain, German shepherd beaten and left in dumpster
__________________
LSF22 (1-0-0)

[15-01, 11:33] ICE BOY i'm going to wrap my dick in a crepe and make you suck the filling

[[09-10, 11:34] ICE BOY liquor in the front, poker in the rear
LSF22 is offline  
Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-03-2012, 12:15 PM   #94
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!
 
wingies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: abc
Posts: 1,615
Thanked 877 Times in 202 Posts
this fucker needs to pay
wingies is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 12:44 PM   #95
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday
 
pastarocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 5,226
Thanked 1,873 Times in 827 Posts
-really hoping that this scumbag faces the maximum sentence, of 5 years in jail. There's gotta be justice for the German shepherd "Captain."

Come on Canadian justice system, make this douchebag pay for his crime!
__________________
Go Canucks go!
pastarocket is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 12:51 PM   #96
I bringith the lowerballerith
 
spyker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Lake Of Fire
Posts: 1,131
Thanked 596 Times in 238 Posts
let's just say the justice system let's everyone down and decides not to make a example out of him(good chance of it),the public knows who he is and what he looks like,good luck to him on trying to walk down the street in piece or fear of some animal lover wanting to smash his head in.
spyker is offline  
Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-03-2012, 01:09 PM   #97
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!
 
Hondaracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Off-Topic
Posts: 26,806
Thanked 6,589 Times in 2,288 Posts
People running over people are getting 5-8 year manslaughter charges, there's no way in hell he will get even 3
Posted via RS Mobile
Hondaracer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 02:29 PM   #98
Hypa owned my ass at least once
 
westopher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: vancouver
Posts: 6,520
Thanked 16,655 Times in 3,588 Posts
If he gets a year in federal jail I'd be happy. He will get fucking destroyed by other inmates when they find out what he did. I'm not one to think vigilante justice will get anyone anywhere, but I would have a hard time not smiling hearing this guy got his jaw turned into dust by a pipe wrench. You can say a human life is more valuable than a dogs all you want, but someone who's so clearly malicious as this guy, their "human" life isn't worth fucking shit. Not to mention cruelty to animals goes hand in hand with cruelty to other humans.
westopher is offline  
Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-03-2012, 02:34 PM   #99
I am Hook'd on RS
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 56
Thanked 57 Times in 23 Posts
on top of his jail time (if he gets any), i'd like to propose lashing with cat o'nine tails or a bullwhip...
Posted via RS Mobile
lady_mapetite is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 02:52 PM   #100
I bringith the lowerballerith
 
spyker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Lake Of Fire
Posts: 1,131
Thanked 596 Times in 238 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
If he gets a year in federal jail I'd be happy. He will get fucking destroyed by other inmates when they find out what he did. I'm not one to think vigilante justice will get anyone anywhere, but I would have a hard time not smiling hearing this guy got his jaw turned into dust by a pipe wrench. You can say a human life is more valuable than a dogs all you want, but someone who's so clearly malicious as this guy, their "human" life isn't worth fucking shit. Not to mention cruelty to animals goes hand in hand with cruelty to other humans.
2 years + a day = federal prison.

2 years - a day = provincial prison.

If he does go to jail,the smart thing for him to do is check himself into PC rightaway.

TBO,if I ever run into this motherfucker on the street,it's going to take alot of willpower for me not to knock his fucking eyes out of his head.
spyker is offline  
Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 04:15 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Revscene.net cannot be held accountable for the actions of its members nor does the opinions of the members represent that of Revscene.net