REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness (https://www.revscene.net/forums/sports-sports-entertainment-fitness_35/)
-   -   Can anyone give me more tips and pointers to improve meal, and workout plans? (https://www.revscene.net/forums/671116-can-anyone-give-me-more-tips-pointers-improve-meal-workout-plans.html)

IfUCare 07-19-2012 10:25 AM

Can anyone give me more tips and pointers to improve meal, and workout plans?

Hey guys, I’ve been on a semi-serious diet and workout plan for the past 10 months or so. However, it seems like I’ve completely hit a plateau for a month. I’ve lost about 15lbs in those 9 months right now, I’m 5’7 and 155 lb, not fat, not skinny. I’ve still got a spare tire that I want to get rid of. Here is my current diet, supplement, and work out plan. Can anyone see anything wrong with it or can shed some light on it. I work at in IT job that requires long periods of sitting on my ass.

Daily Supplements:
5000 iu of Vitamin D
250 mcg of Methylcolubamine B12
4.8 grams of Omega-3
900 mg of 60% EGCG green tea extract
1500 mg of Glucosamine Chodritin MSM

Daily diet:
Breakfast:
-Small bowl of whole fat, unsweeten organic yogurt with 3 tablespoons of a mix of hemp seed, chia seed, pumpkin seed, maca, and some blueberries and goji berries mixed in. ( Weekday)
-Four egg omelette with mushroom, peppers, and whatever I can find in the fridge ( weekend)
Lunch
- Two head of broccoli with either a diced tomato or ½ an avocado. A shot or 2 of EVOO is dumped on before I eat it. Leftover protein from the night before, about the size of a deck of cards. ( weekday)
-Whatever we decide on, I got out with friends and the gf and don’t pay too much attention. Typically try to be low carbs, but will eat ramen, bowl of rice, and pasta. ( weekends)
Dinner
-A good sized bowl of veggie, if I really wanted carbs I would eat some quinoa , doesn’t really happen more than a few times a month. Then protein is about 2 decks of playing cards, usually beef, duck, or fish. (most nights)
Snacks
- Half a handful of almonds, macadamia, or pistachio nuts, once or twice a day
- 30-50 grams of 85% dark chocolate after dinner or lunch, no more than once a day.
I don’t really drink alcohol, sweet drinks, or coffee. I don’t eat sweets, maybe the odd dessert once a week.

Work outs
- Cardio 3x a week about 45 mins each time. Jumping ropes or Ellitpical machine.
- 15 mins of it will be HIIT, (1 min full blast, 2 mins slower pace) and 30 mins of it medium pace. I try to keep it just a little faster where I will be just out of breath but not dying.
- I really like cardio

Weights ( I really don’t care for weights)

I kinda broke it up into a lower body day, and upper body day.
Upper body day
4 X 8 pull ups with a 20lb vest on.
3 X 15 Close push ups and open push ups
3 x 8 Bench rows with 30lb dumbbells
3 x 8 Chest Press with 40lbs
3 x 8 Standing military press with 40lb
3 x planking for as long as I can with my vest on
3 x 15 of dips with vest on.

Lower body day
4 X 10 goblet squat with 40lbs
4 X 15 front lunges with vest
4 X 15 Platform step up with 60lbs
4 X 15 Kettlebell swing with 20lb
3 X planking for as long as I can

For whatever reason deadlift hurts my hip, I’ve had a personal trainer properly show me, it still doesn’t feel right. That’s why I don’t do it.

Anyways, it would be great if anyone can point out what else I can do. Perhaps intermittent fasting? Has anyone else done that? Any help appreciated. It's a long read, thanks for reading :fullofwin:

hal0g0dv2 07-19-2012 11:38 AM

Please read threw
The IMF threw and also the work out discussion thread, more then enouph info in there