REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Closed Thread

Old 07-19-2012, 10:25 AM   #1
RS controls my life!

Thanked 1,562 Times in 204 Posts
Can anyone give me more tips and pointers to improve meal, and workout plans?

Hey guys, I’ve been on a semi-serious diet and workout plan for the past 10 months or so. However, it seems like I’ve completely hit a plateau for a month. I’ve lost about 15lbs in those 9 months right now, I’m 5’7 and 155 lb, not fat, not skinny. I’ve still got a spare tire that I want to get rid of. Here is my current diet, supplement, and work out plan. Can anyone see anything wrong with it or can shed some light on it. I work at in IT job that requires long periods of sitting on my ass.

Daily Supplements:
5000 iu of Vitamin D
250 mcg of Methylcolubamine B12
4.8 grams of Omega-3
900 mg of 60% EGCG green tea extract
1500 mg of Glucosamine Chodritin MSM

Daily diet:
Breakfast:
-Small bowl of whole fat, unsweeten organic yogurt with 3 tablespoons of a mix of hemp seed, chia seed, pumpkin seed, maca, and some blueberries and goji berries mixed in. ( Weekday)
-Four egg omelette with mushroom, peppers, and whatever I can find in the fridge ( weekend)
Lunch
- Two head of broccoli with either a diced tomato or ½ an avocado. A shot or 2 of EVOO is dumped on before I eat it. Leftover protein from the night before, about the size of a deck of cards. ( weekday)
-Whatever we decide on, I got out with friends and the gf and don’t pay too much attention. Typically try to be low carbs, but will eat ramen, bowl of rice, and pasta. ( weekends)
Dinner
-A good sized bowl of veggie, if I really wanted carbs I would eat some quinoa , doesn’t really happen more than a few times a month. Then protein is about 2 decks of playing cards, usually beef, duck, or fish. (most nights)
Snacks
- Half a handful of almonds, macadamia, or pistachio nuts, once or twice a day
- 30-50 grams of 85% dark chocolate after dinner or lunch, no more than once a day.
I don’t really drink alcohol, sweet drinks, or coffee. I don’t eat sweets, maybe the odd dessert once a week.

Work outs
- Cardio 3x a week about 45 mins each time. Jumping ropes or Ellitpical machine.
- 15 mins of it will be HIIT, (1 min full blast, 2 mins slower pace) and 30 mins of it medium pace. I try to keep it just a little faster where I will be just out of breath but not dying.
- I really like cardio

Weights ( I really don’t care for weights)

I kinda broke it up into a lower body day, and upper body day.
Upper body day
4 X 8 pull ups with a 20lb vest on.
3 X 15 Close push ups and open push ups
3 x 8 Bench rows with 30lb dumbbells
3 x 8 Chest Press with 40lbs
3 x 8 Standing military press with 40lb
3 x planking for as long as I can with my vest on
3 x 15 of dips with vest on.

Lower body day
4 X 10 goblet squat with 40lbs
4 X 15 front lunges with vest
4 X 15 Platform step up with 60lbs
4 X 15 Kettlebell swing with 20lb
3 X planking for as long as I can

For whatever reason deadlift hurts my hip, I’ve had a personal trainer properly show me, it still doesn’t feel right. That’s why I don’t do it.

Anyways, it would be great if anyone can point out what else I can do. Perhaps intermittent fasting? Has anyone else done that? Any help appreciated. It's a long read, thanks for reading
Advertisement
Old 07-19-2012, 11:38 AM   #2
RS Operative (G)

Thanked 4,566 Times in 1,529 Posts
Please read threw
The IMF threw and also the work out discussion thread, more then enouph info in there
Closed Thread