REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   The John Norwich Riders Corner (https://www.revscene.net/forums/john-norwich-riders-corner_45/)
-   -   August Suspension Tuning!!!! KFG racing (https://www.revscene.net/forums/671133-august-suspension-tuning-kfg-racing.html)

z3german 07-19-2012 05:37 PM

August Suspension Tuning!!!! KFG racing

Canceled because of hit and run. Making a new event for a Local Tune ride.

Suspension tuning experts! KFG Racing - Do You Have The Kung Fu Grip?

Ask anyone who's got their suspension tuning for the riders weight, ITS A NIGHT AND DAY DIFFERENCE IN THE FEEL AND HANDLING OF THE BIKE!

And KFG does it right! I emailed for myself and he quotes me $40USD for a base line set up, so not a track tune, just for your weight.

Anyways! I thought of the lovely people on Revscene and though "hey, a lot of riders on Revscene dont have their suspension tuned yet! Maybe we can group ride+buy and get a discount!"

So i emailed him back asking and now im waiting for a reply. I asked him whats the max load he can handle in case this thread picks up a lot. Considering its just a small $40 the discount is probably not going to be huge (if any), BUT the big selling point is a group ride to there! 250km ride to there, we can stop some random place on the way grab some food and drinks, make it social, admire each others bikes, other random stuff. Google maps says it a 2 hour 45 min drive, so all in all its probably going to be a whole day kind of event. We can meet have breakfast, ride out eat lunch, arrive get our stuff tuned, head back maybe eat dinner, etc.

Anyways the date is not concrete except for sure in Aug and definitely a Saturday. Let me know what you guys think! Im hoping for at least 3 people other than me, but I wouldnt care if its 100 people! (but if there might be a cut off for suspension tuning after a certain number. But come ride with us anyways!)

Anyone everyone welcome! If you dont care for tuning just sign up for the ride! (if i dont get enough people I probably wont go at all)

1. z3german

CharlieH 07-19-2012 07:16 PM

wait so you guys are gonna ride down to pacific raceways to get your suspension tuned during the track day? WHY NOT JUST COME TRACKING?! ftz33wor and i will be down there too.

z3german 07-19-2012 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CharlieH (Post 7980171)
wait so you guys are gonna ride down to pacific raceways to get your suspension tuned during the track day? WHY NOT JUST COME TRACKING?! ftz33wor and i will be down there too.

pacific raceways is near KFG area? I dont think i can track yet, i dont have full on gear + not so confident lol!
The proposed event is for street tune, but if the track day is around the KFG area (and on a Saturday) then yea for sure ill come check it out and whoever is coming for track and just go track.

CharlieH 07-19-2012 07:36 PM

^

oh crap for some reason i thought KFG was based out of oregon. so i thought you guys were going to get your suspension tuned at pacific raceways since KFG comes out to all the track days there.

Vale46Rossi 07-19-2012 08:16 PM

Sounds fun :P

marksport 07-19-2012 10:15 PM

According to their website, they are in Auburn, between Seattle and Tacoma. Pacific Raceway is about 25mins away.

z3german 07-20-2012 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marksport (Post 7980370)
According to their website, they are in Auburn, between Seattle and Tacoma. Pacific Raceway is about 25mins away.

Oh awesome. CharlieH is the track day on a sat?

misterGinster 07-20-2012 09:03 AM

They were at the ORPT Track day @ The ridge last week, good people.

You can get suspension tuned locally as well. Mspeed in vancouver, RMR out in abbotsford.

fT-z33wor 07-20-2012 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by z3german (Post 7980694)
Oh awesome. CharlieH is the track day on a sat?

You betcha, its next Saturday July 28th. :woot2:

racerman88 07-20-2012 10:22 AM

you could support a local shop and go to RMR in Abbotsford:

RMR Suspensions

Naka San 07-20-2012 10:48 AM

^...well unless it is for the ride and for the fun of it..... RMR is pretty decent for a local shop

z3german 07-20-2012 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by racerman88 (Post 7980803)
you could support a local shop and go to RMR in Abbotsford:

RMR Suspensions

RMR doesnt have saturday hours, no more ninja take over thread please! Since I have 2 other people in for the ride it is for sure at KFG racing.

I will create a thread, sooner or later, in the social meet forums with a poll to choose date either

July 28, aug 4,11,18,25

1. z3german
2. Boundless
3. One of Boundless's friends

hillmar 07-20-2012 09:47 PM

I'm game for any of those saturdays.....
July 28, aug 4,11,18,25

1. z3german
2. Boundless
4. Hillmar

Naka San 07-21-2012 01:51 AM

UPDATED NEWS FROM KFG:

"Due to scheduling conflicts with the Redbull US Grand Prix event at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca next week, KFG Racing will not be attending the 2Fast Motorcycle Track Days & Instruction events on Wednesday 7/25 or Saturday 7/28."

Saved you guys time and without going there for nothing

z3german 07-21-2012 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil IX (Post 7981431)
UPDATED NEWS FROM KFG:

"Due to scheduling conflicts with the Redbull US Grand Prix event at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca next week, KFG Racing will not be attending the 2Fast Motorcycle Track Days & Instruction events on Wednesday 7/25 or Saturday 7/28."

Saved you guys time and without going there for nothing

Still happening in AUG!!!!

update from KFG
"Normal price is $40
5+ bikes $35 each
10+ bikes $30 each"

1. z3german
2. Boundless
4. Hillmar

^LOOKING FOR 1 MORE PERSON!

zelloss 07-21-2012 12:24 PM

Been wanting to do this for a while now. Just wish the ride there was a little more interesting...gonna be boring I-5 all the way. Oh well...

1. z3german
2. Boundless
4. Hillmar
5. Zelloss

z3german 07-21-2012 01:10 PM

posted on revscene meets thread http://www.revscene.net/forums/67120...ng-cruise.html

PM sent to zelloss and hillmar!

rk604 07-21-2012 06:29 PM

I might come out once we get a date down

z3german 07-21-2012 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rk604 (Post 7981861)
I might come out once we get a date down

You have a particular date in mind? If you do just say it and ill just set it that date, as long as its 1 of the 4 dates its cool with me, that way i can just lock it in.

rk604 07-21-2012 11:24 PM

i'm most likely just coming down to chat and for the ride...a base tune is pretty straight forward as it's really just based on the rider's weight. I'm gonna do that locally since i'm not planning to track any time soon anyways

BillyBishop 07-22-2012 12:10 AM

I can't do August 18 for sure, already have camping plans for that weekend.

z3german 07-23-2012 01:20 PM

DATE SET AUG 11

z3german 07-24-2012 03:46 PM

Any more takers?? Not every one going is getting tuned so if we get a few more we can for sure get the 35$ price bracket!

1. z3german
2. Boundless
4. Hillmar
5. Zelloss

z3german 07-29-2012 09:31 AM

Heres the plan so far.

8AM - meet at Chevron at Stevenson and No5

drive down cross boarder, to breakfast destination, I picked Harris Avenue Cafe - Bellingham, WA

9AM-9:30AM - Arrive at Harris Cafe to eat, I set a max of 1 hour to eat

10:30AM - Leave for Seattle lunch spot

12PM- Arrive at lunch spot, I picked Paseo Caribbean Restaurant

Set max 1 hour lunch

1PM - Leave for KFG!

1:45PM - Arrive KFG

Yelp Reviews

Harrive Avenue Cafe (breakfast) - Harris Avenue Cafe - Bellingham, WA

Paseo (Lunch) - Paseo - Fremont - Seattle, WA

Let me know if you want any changes, times are approximated by google maps.

Can somebody please please plan for the way back? Pretty much all you have to do is pick a dinner spot! Maybe look up diners drive ins and dives lol!

Also does anyone have a motorcycle GPS or something? It would be super helpful, all im going to do is print out a few maps where i think we might anticipate problems, but you never know how much I can fuck it up. Plus I have never really been this deep down US.

Gas stops I was thinking we just wing it, so be conservative! If you want to stop for gas jump ahead of everyone and flash your hazards a few times or something.

Any more takers?? Not every one going is getting tuned so if we get a few more we can for sure get the 35$ price bracket!

1. z3german
2. Boundless
4. Hillmar
5. Zelloss

It would be pretty cool if Riders in USA meet us at our breakfast/lunch spots to ride down with us!

bcrdukes 07-29-2012 11:43 AM

The Harris Ave Cafe is not a bad place to eat. I've eaten there before and it's a nice little mom & pop shop! :)