REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 07-20-2012, 10:10 AM   #51
RS.net PIMP

Thanked 3,057 Times in 824 Posts
Gets even more WTF

Quote:
'BATMAN' SHOOTER
'He Said He Was
The Joker'

Colorado movie theater shooter James Holmes was sporting red hair and told people he was "The Joker" when he was apprehended by police Friday morning ... this according to NY Police Commissioner Ray Kelly.

During a news conference this afternoon, Kelly said, "We have some information, most of it is public. It clearly looks like a deranged individual. He had his hair painted red, he said he was ‘The Joker,’ obviously the enemy of Batman."

ABC News is reporting Holmes made the Joker remark to police, not during the shooting.

It's likely Kelly obtained the information from Aurora Police Chief Dan Oates -- according to reports, the two are good friends. In fact, Oates was a member of the NYPD for 21 years.

Holmes may have been trying to recreate a scene from the 2008 movie, "The Dark Knight" ... which features a scene where The Joker, played by Heath Ledger, wears a red wig while destroying a hospital.
'Dark Knight' Shooter James Holmes -- 'He Said He Was The Joker' | TMZ.com
Advertisement
7seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 10:41 AM   #52
Orgasm Donor & Alatar owned my ass twice!

Thanked 4,387 Times in 1,145 Posts
Batman movie is gonna be forever linked to this sad tragedy.
DanHibiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 10:47 AM   #53
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

WTF is wrong with people in Denver. Wasn't there another shooting rampage at a High school back like 10yrs ago killing over 12-15 ppl.
ed99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 10:49 AM   #54
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PezlFNTGWv4

www.l2sc.net
FiveDime is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-20-2012, 10:53 AM   #55
RS controls my life!

heard this on The Beat this morning.... tragic. you never know where you'll be in danger and if today might be your last... its always said, but live life to the fullest everyday
---|||---|||---
---|||---|||---
---|||---|||---
----\\\-///----
-----\\///-----
------///\-----
-----///\\\----
----///--\\\---
xmisstrinh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 11:05 AM   #56
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,458 Times in 588 Posts
Such a well composed-spoken interview

Last edited by shawnly1000; 07-20-2012 at 11:15 AM.
shawnly1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-20-2012, 11:15 AM   #57
not the mod you're looking for

Thanked 1,536 Times in 556 Posts
Dark Knight Shooter Booby Trapped His House With Tripwires, Bombs, and Chemical Weapons (Updating)

Quote:
The maniac who killed 12 people at a midnight screening of the Dark Night Rises in Aurora, Colorado last night didn't want his mayhem to end in the theater. Police say they can't get into his apartment because he's rigged the place up with sophisticated booby traps.

Details about the booby traps that James Holmes set up at his house are scarce but at a press conference that ended just a few minutes ago, the Aurora Police Chief, who used to work for the NYPD mind you, said they were "Something I've never seen." He said it appeared to be some sort of incendiary device, that there where chemicals involved, and "lots of wires." The police are still trying to figure out how they are going to get into the apartment, and they've evacuated his entire building and five more in the area.

According to the Denver Post, the local fire chief said that the tripwires in Holmes' apartment were connected to wires, which contained "unknown substances." According to one report, an FBI agent, "The pictures are pretty disturbing as far as how sophisticated it is. This could be a very long wait."

We're currently trying to figure out what exactly these bombs might be. Considering the weapons Holmes used at the theater, it's clear he had access to basically everything he wanted. Thanks to the internet, anybody can get basically any weapon as we learned in our exclusive report on the online arms marketplace called The Arsenal. In this case, the booby traps sound homemade. We're reaching out to bomb experts as well as law enforcement to try and learn more.

What a terrible tragedy. We're glad for all the precautions the police are taking. Clearly Holmes is a psycho who wanted to kill as many people as possible. The last thing we need is more blood.
This guy is unreal. Really trying to pull some surprise Joker shit.
FN-2199 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 11:16 AM   #58
Orgasm Donor & Alatar owned my ass twice!

Thanked 4,387 Times in 1,145 Posts
IB4 articles blaming violent movies for this

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) hi there
(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・$$$$$゜゜・。*。・゜*✧ .

xxx~*…like dis post if u cry evry time…~*xxx
DanHibiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 11:18 AM   #59
I am grateful grapefruit

sorry for regurgitating Reddit, but someone posted this Editorial that Marilyn Manson had written after Columbine. It's hard to imagine that it's been over 10 years since that incident, and this article still applies a lot to this incident. People are going to start pointing fingers, trying to figure out who to blame.

Are we going to blame Batman? Blame music? Blame Video Games?

Quote:
Columbine: Whose Fault Is It?
by Marilyn Manson

It is sad to think that the first few people on earth needed no books, movies, games or music to inspire cold-blooded murder. The day that Cain bashed his brother Abel's brains in, the only motivation he needed was his own human disposition to violence. Whether you interpret the Bible as literature or as the final word of whatever God may be, Christianity has given us an image of death and sexuality that we have based our culture around. A half-naked dead man hangs in most homes and around our necks, and we have just taken that for granted all our lives. Is it a symbol of hope or hopelessness? The world's most famous murder-suicide was also the birth of the death icon -- the blueprint for celebrity. Unfortunately, for all of their inspiring morality, nowhere in the Gospels is intelligence praised as a virtue.

A lot of people forget or never realize that I started my band as a criticism of these very issues of despair and hypocrisy. The name Marilyn Manson has never celebrated the sad fact that America puts killers on the cover of Time magazine, giving them as much notoriety as our favorite movie stars. From Jesse James to Charles Manson, the media, since their inception, have turned criminals into folk heroes. They just created two new ones when they plastered those dipshits Dylan Klebold and Eric Harris' pictures on the front of every newspaper. Don't be surprised if every kid who gets pushed around has two new idols.

We applaud the creation of a bomb whose sole purpose is to destroy all of mankind, and we grow up watching our president's brains splattered all over Texas. Times have not become more violent. They have just become more televised. Does anyone think the Civil War was the least bit civil? If television had existed, you could be sure they would have been there to cover it, or maybe even participate in it, like their violent car chase of Princess Di. Disgusting vultures looking for corpses, exploiting, fucking, filming and serving it up for our hungry appetites in a gluttonous display of endless human stupidity.

When it comes down to who's to blame for the high school murders in Littleton, Colorado, throw a rock and you'll hit someone who's guilty. We're the people who sit back and tolerate children owning guns, and we're the ones who tune in and watch the up-to-the-minute details of what they do with them. I think it's terrible when anyone dies, especially if it is someone you know and love. But what is more offensive is that when these tragedies happen, most people don't really care any more than they would about the season finale of Friends or The Real World. I was dumbfounded as I watched the media snake right in, not missing a teardrop, interviewing the parents of dead children, televising the funerals. Then came the witch hunt.

Man's greatest fear is chaos. It was unthinkable that these kids did not have a simple black-and-white reason for their actions. And so a scapegoat was needed. I remember hearing the initial reports from Littleton, that Harris and Klebold were wearing makeup and were dressed like Marilyn Manson, whom they obviously must worship, since they were dressed in black. Of course, speculation snowballed into making me the poster boy for everything that is bad in the world. These two idiots weren't wearing makeup, and they weren't dressed like me or like goths. Since Middle America has not heard of the music they did listen to (KMFDM and Rammstein, among others), the media picked something they thought was similar.

Responsible journalists have reported with less publicity that Harris and Klebold were not Marilyn Manson fans -- that they even disliked my music. Even if they were fans, that gives them no excuse, nor does it mean that music is to blame. Did we look for James Huberty's inspiration when he gunned down people at McDonald's? What did Timothy McVeigh like to watch? What about David Koresh, Jim Jones? Do you think entertainment inspired Kip Kinkel, or should we blame the fact that his father bought him the guns he used in the Springfield, Oregon, murders? What inspires Bill Clinton to blow people up in Kosovo? Was it something that Monica Lewinsky said to him? Isn't killing just killing, regardless if it's in Vietnam or Jonesboro, Arkansas? Why do we justify one, just because it seems to be for the right reasons? Should there ever be a right reason? If a kid is old enough to drive a car or buy a gun, isn't he old enough to be held personally responsible for what he does with his car or gun? Or if he's a teenager, should someone else be blamed because he isn't as enlightened as an eighteen-year-old?

America loves to find an icon to hang its guilt on. But, admittedly, I have assumed the role of Antichrist; I am the Nineties voice of individuality, and people tend to associate anyone who looks and behaves differently with illegal or immoral activity. Deep down, most adults hate people who go against the grain. It's comical that people are naive enough to have forgotten Elvis, Jim Morrison and Ozzy so quickly. All of them were subjected to the same age-old arguments, scrutiny and prejudice. I wrote a song called "Lunchbox," and some journalists have interpreted it as a song about guns. Ironically, the song is about being picked on and fighting back with my Kiss lunch box, which I used as a weapon on the playground. In 1979, metal lunch boxes were banned because they were considered dangerous weapons in the hands of delinquents. I also wrote a song called "Get Your Gunn." The title is spelled with two n's because the song was a reaction to the murder of Dr. David Gunn, who was killed in Florida by pro-life activists while I was living there. That was the ultimate hypocrisy I witnessed growing up: that these people killed someone in the name of being "pro-life."

The somewhat positive messages of these songs are usually the ones that sensationalists misinterpret as promoting the very things I am decrying. Right now, everyone is thinking of how they can prevent things like Littleton. How do you prevent AIDS, world war, depression, car crashes? We live in a free country, but with that freedom there is a burden of personal responsibility. Rather than teaching a child what is moral and immoral, right and wrong, we first and foremost can establish what the laws that govern us are. You can always escape hell by not believing in it, but you cannot escape death and you cannot escape prison.

It is no wonder that kids are growing up more cynical; they have a lot of information in front of them. They can see that they are living in a world that's made of bullshit. In the past, there was always the idea that you could turn and run and start something better. But now America has become one big mall, and because of the Internet and all of the technology we have, there's nowhere to run. People are the same everywhere. Sometimes music, movies and books are the only things that let us feel like someone else feels like we do. I've always tried to let people know it's OK, or better, if you don't fit into the program. Use your imagination -- if some geek from Ohio can become something, why can't anyone else with the willpower and creativity?

I chose not to jump into the media frenzy and defend myself, though I was begged to be on every single TV show in existence. I didn't want to contribute to these fame-seeking journalists and opportunists looking to fill their churches or to get elected because of their self-righteous finger-pointing. They want to blame entertainment? Isn't religion the first real entertainment? People dress up in costumes, sing songs and dedicate themselves in eternal fandom. Everyone will agree that nothing was more entertaining than Clinton shooting off his prick and then his bombs in true political form. And the news -- that's obvious. So is entertainment to blame? I'd like media commentators to ask themselves, because their coverage of the event was some of the most gruesome entertainment any of us have seen.

I think that the National Rifle Association is far too powerful to take on, so most people choose Doom, The Basketball Diaries or yours truly. This kind of controversy does not help me sell records or tickets, and I wouldn't want it to. I'm a controversial artist, one who dares to have an opinion and bothers to create music and videos that challenge people's ideas in a world that is watered-down and hollow. In my work I examine the America we live in, and I've always tried to show people that the devil we blame our atrocities on is really just each one of us. So don't expect the end of the world to come one day out of the blue -- it's been happening every day for a long time.

MARILYN MANSON
(May 28, 1999)
Old 07-20-2012, 11:32 AM   #60
HELP ME PLS!!!

Thanked 1,109 Times in 299 Posts
RIP to those who died
124Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 11:47 AM   #61
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

i logged on to my facebook this morning and found out that a friend was in the theatre when it happened.

this is taken from her facebook post

I have never in my life experienced something like tonight.. I went to watch batman with my little sister and a masked gunman came in and started to shoot at us. He threw a tear gas over my head and when i heard the first gun shot i screamed shooting.. I held my sister down and my arm got injured.. As soon as he started to reload i saw him and told my sister and the children around me to run up the stairs and exist up the stairs. we got out and ran to the parking lot.. 15 died and 50 are injured.. i have to get treated for arm..
trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 12:04 PM   #62
ESKETIT

Thanked 9,648 Times in 2,303 Posts
9GAG
The Colorado ‘Dark Knight’ shooting is a devastating tragedy, and our thoughts and prayers go out the victims and their families.

When we initially heard the rumor that one of our users may have been involved, we did an immediate and thorough search of the site and found absolutely zero evidence that any of the alleged posts ever appeared on 9GAG. Any reports otherwise are completely untrue and we ask your help in putting this incredibly insensitive hoax to rest.

Our hearts go out to the victims and their families and, as the investigation continues, we will certainly help in any way we can.

- Ray and the 9GAG Team
Vansterdam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 12:09 PM   #63
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,984 Times in 995 Posts
booby trapped apartment... fuckign ssick

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/20...apartment?lite

Verdasco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 12:10 PM   #64
HELP ME PLS!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip View Post
i logged on to my facebook this morning and found out that a friend was in the theatre when it happened.

this is taken from her facebook post

I have never in my life experienced something like tonight.. I went to watch batman with my little sister and a masked gunman came in and started to shoot at us. He threw a tear gas over my head and when i heard the first gun shot i screamed shooting.. I held my sister down and my arm got injured.. As soon as he started to reload i saw him and told my sister and the children around me to run up the stairs and exist up the stairs. we got out and ran to the parking lot.. 15 died and 50 are injured.. i have to get treated for arm..
Counterstrike pro.
Old 07-20-2012, 12:13 PM   #65
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

Rip
sn604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 12:31 PM   #66

Thanked 1,207 Times in 432 Posts
RIP to those who passed

im glad this guy didnt decide to kill himself aka the easy way out, he needs to be tortured for life
dachinesedude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 12:44 PM   #67
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,383 Times in 3,465 Posts
According to the news he bought all guns legally from 2 large hunting and fishing chains. One had a 100 round drum magazine. So again good job America good job.
Old 07-20-2012, 01:13 PM   #68
Need to Seek Professional Help

Thanked 1,283 Times in 196 Posts
Quite the news to start off my Friday morning.. It's definitely horrifying, condolences to family and friends of those who were killed

Hope they exercise extreme prejudice
AW607 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 01:17 PM   #69
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,383 Times in 3,465 Posts
UPDATE #16 11 a.m.: The political finger-pointing has already begun. Rep. Louie Gohmert, a Texas Republican, said Friday that the Aurora shooting was a result of "ongoing attacks on Judeo-Christian beliefs" and questioned why no one else in the theater was armed and ready to take the shooter out. Then there's this: "@DRUDGE_REPORT: BREITBART: Shooter maybe registered Democrat."

Meanwhile, ABC News' Brian Ross raised some eyebrows earlier this morning when he offered premature speculation about a possible link between the shooter and the Tea Party based on some cursory Internet research.

"There's a Jim Holmes of Aurora, Colorado, page on the Colorado Tea party site as well, talking about him joining the Tea Party last year," Ross said. "Now, we don't know if this is the same Jim Holmes. But it's Jim Holmes of Aurora, Colorado."
Old 07-20-2012, 01:42 PM   #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
UPDATE #16 11 a.m.: The political finger-pointing has already begun. Rep. Louie Gohmert, a Texas Republican, said Friday that the Aurora shooting was a result of "ongoing attacks on Judeo-Christian beliefs" and questioned why no one else in the theater was armed and ready to take the shooter out. Then there's this: "@DRUDGE_REPORT: BREITBART: Shooter maybe registered Democrat."

Meanwhile, ABC News' Brian Ross raised some eyebrows earlier this morning when he offered premature speculation about a possible link between the shooter and the Tea Party based on some cursory Internet research.

"There's a Jim Holmes of Aurora, Colorado, page on the Colorado Tea party site as well, talking about him joining the Tea Party last year," Ross said. "Now, we don't know if this is the same Jim Holmes. But it's Jim Holmes of Aurora, Colorado."
Louie Gohmert is a nut job just Youtube all his conspiracy theories; most recent one being that the Muslim Brotherhood has been penetrating the government to impose Sharia Law

Disgusting when politicians use tragedies like these as campaign props
Old 07-20-2012, 01:47 PM   #71
Zombie Mod

Thanked 5,169 Times in 1,551 Posts
^^^

"It's all Obama's fault!"
Old 07-20-2012, 01:47 PM   #72
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,984 Times in 995 Posts
fucking sickening to think muslins could be in this..
Verdasco is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 07-20-2012, 01:48 PM   #73

CO Shooting Witness Chris Ramos: ''Life Can Be A Beautiful Thing' | Mediaite
Old 07-20-2012, 01:52 PM   #74
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

My dearest condolensces to the victims.
BaoTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 02:12 PM   #75