REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 07-23-2012, 12:50 PM   #151
RS.net PIMP

Thanked 3,057 Times in 824 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma View Post
so the conspiracy theorists raise some questions, which I have been trying to disprove, but I cant...

people keep mentioning hypnosis...
Project MKUltra - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
okay... well i can't say much about that.

but they do raise some other good points.
the weapons he had, and the amount of money it would cost to get them... where does an unemployed phd student buy that stuff? did they say it was about 20 000 dollars worth?
that would be 20 000 dollars worth on the legit market.

black market would cost more.

he had a m4, which requires a class 3 licence? which he... doesnt have?
who gave him the m4? who provided all the other shit he had?

his actions are also inconsistent. why kill all those people, then just give himself up when the cops come? why wouldn't put up a fight?

and then why would he tell them about the booby trapped apartment?

shouldn't he kill people, kill the cops and die trying, then hope someone triggers the booby traps in his apartment?
Holmes was getting a $26,000 stipend/grant from the National Health Institute or something like that for his Phd studies.

The rifle was a AR-15, you can get a semiauto AR-15, "no frills" model for about $950. The AR-15 used to be a prohibited firearm, but that was only up until 04 or 05.

Some reports have been saying he had gone back to his vehicle to reload or his rifle jammed and was back at vehicle working on it when authorities showed up, that or he just chickened out when he saw armed officers respond and just gave up.
Advertisement
7seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 12:52 PM   #152
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,576 Times in 4,294 Posts
The reports I saw said the ar15 jammed and he used the shot gun and the 40 to hit other people.
murd0c is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 01:22 PM   #153
Ask me about how I answered the question "How fat is TOO fat?"

Thanked 4,122 Times in 1,141 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by murd0c View Post
The reports I saw said the ar15 jammed and he used the shot gun and the 40 to hit other people.
Good thing its american made

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
Current
e92 335i 6MT FBO
e90 330i 6MT
Former
e46 330ci 5MT - RIP
uc1 5AT
em2 5MT
db7 5AT - RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyota86 View Post
the guys over at lambo vancouver said there are 60-70 pre-orders already. don't quote me though.
The_AK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 01:29 PM   #154
RS.net PIMP

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_AK View Post
Good thing its american made
I would not be surprised in this case if it was more an issue of an inexperienced operator. Holmes didn't appear to have any formal weapons or tactical training. He was also using high capacity magazines and that with inexperience could have overheated leading to mulitple barrel issues and malfunction.

Improper magazine loading, bent or spring issues, improper cleaning/care of the firearm easily could've cause jamming issues, again it appears Holmes had no real training or experience.
Old 07-23-2012, 01:54 PM   #155
In RS I Trust

Prob played to much CS and he thought he knew everything.
Old 07-23-2012, 02:08 PM   #156
y'all better put some respeck on my name

Thanked 9,244 Times in 2,359 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7seven View Post
I would not be surprised in this case if it was more an issue of an inexperienced operator. Holmes didn't appear to have any formal weapons or tactical training. He was also using high capacity magazines and that with inexperience could have overheated leading to mulitple barrel issues and malfunction.

Improper magazine loading, bent or spring issues, improper cleaning/care of the firearm easily could've cause jamming issues, again it appears Holmes had no real training or experience.
Well that's why he was trying to join a gun club but got rejected. Just imagine if he had about a month at the gun range and got a better feel for the weapons.

I saw the video from the courtroom today, this fucktard looks like he's going pull the "i was off my meds," plea and try to save his ass from the death penalty.
Harvey Specter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 02:20 PM   #157
y'all better put some respeck on my name

Thanked 9,244 Times in 2,359 Posts
Another article that looks at the the conspiracy theories floating around;

Quote:
“After the massacre Holmes calmly told detectives he had taken 100mg of the prescription painkiller Vicodin, and identified himself as “The Joker”. The same drug was found in the system of actor Heath Ledger when he died of an accidental overdose of prescription drugs in 2008. Ledger played The Joker in the previous Batman film The Dark Knight. Vicodin side-effects can include euphoria, paranoia and, in rare cases, hallucinations.
The video footage of Holmes was taken at Miramar College in San Diego and showed him explaining that “temporal illusions” are “an illusion that allows you to change the past”. Holmes said he had been working on “subjective experience, which is what takes place inside the mind as oppose to the external world”.
- Source: The Telegraph

Quote:
This page from the 1986 comic “Batman: The Dark Knight Returns” features a crazed man killing three people in a movie theater. In the comic, media then states that the shooting spree was inspired by Batman.

Quote:
Shown right before the fatal showing of Dark Knight Rises, this trailer of the movie Gangster Squad ends with a big shooting in a movie theater.

Quote:
Released only days before the shooting, Lil Wayne’s video “My Homies Still” features him and his boys sitting in a movie theater full of skeletons. Aside from this scarily prophetic scene, the video features many dismembered dummies, a symbol associated with Mind Control.

Other facts retaining back to the thread about the Denver Airport that was posted on here a few months ago;

Quote:
1. Columbine and Aurora are both right located near the Denver Airport, site of the crazy Illuminati murals (see Vig’s article about them). The ‘conspiracy theorists’ think that there is a massive underground tunnel/bunker system there for all kinds of experiments including MK Ultra and Delta programming.
2. Aurora, CO and Odyssey Dawn (US military operation in Libya) – the naming doesn’t seem like a coincidence.
3. There are exactly 12 skeletons in that Lil Wayne video, the same number of Batman victims.
4. A theater shooting was ‘foretold’ in the ‘Illuminati cardgame’ that also predicted 9/11. http://www.911truth.ch/modules/news/...p?storyid=3038
5. July 20 is listed on the Occult holidays calendar as 13 days before the Great Sabbat, an Illuminati mass sacrifice holiday. It’s supposedly the date when the sacrifice is prepared for the Sabbat. It’s a week before the Olympics start, which is the date of the celebration of Baal. The killing took place at midnight, when Illuminati rituals are supposedly held. http://www.shieldofaith.org/resource....asp?s=4&i=101

Was the "Batman Shooting" a Ritualistic Murder Carried Out by Mind Controlled Patsy? | The Vigilant Citizen

Last edited by Harvey Specter; 07-23-2012 at 02:25 PM.
Harvey Specter is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 07-23-2012, 02:31 PM   #158
Ask me about how I answered the question "How fat is TOO fat?"

Thanked 4,122 Times in 1,141 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7seven View Post

Good point, however, but doesn't that come back to the fact that its an american design? Should he have used an alternative device the results would have been different.

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
Current
e92 335i 6MT FBO
e90 330i 6MT
Former
e46 330ci 5MT - RIP
uc1 5AT
em2 5MT
db7 5AT - RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyota86 View Post
the guys over at lambo vancouver said there are 60-70 pre-orders already. don't quote me though.
The_AK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 02:40 PM   #159
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
Image if he got an AK-47 instead. That thing wouldn't Jam as easy and easier to operator....
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 03:12 PM   #160
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by murd0c View Post
Maybe he used student loans to buy the weapons or maybe he got them from a family member or something like that. I do find it very very odd that he just gave himself up after the shooting. Every other mass murder the person normally goes out guns a blazing but this time it's like OK no more ammo time to give up.

Also remember guns are cheap and really easy to get in the US.

That was my first thought when I first read about this story. How did this guy not shoot himself when he was done or go out shooting, why would you give up and to go to jail or worse you're just prolonging the inevitable?

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I don´t care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. That´s how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 03:16 PM   #161
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Thanked 1,036 Times in 276 Posts
Maybe he's like the Norway gunmen who didn't kill himself, i recall him saying that if the state executes him or is jailed for life, he is a martyr rather than a terrorist or nutcase..
kunoman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 03:46 PM   #162
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,238 Times in 5,599 Posts
why is there so much speculation on how he got the guns?

i could go buy 30k of shit on my Visa right now, doesnt mean i have the money to cover it

BTW, you can get Norinco M4's for under 600, but they are likely to jam a quarter of the way into the mag lol

Selling huge drum and banana magazines are what essentially enable people like this, although even with legal guns clipped at 8 rounds here you can still track down huge magazines that will fit the guns

although telling the cops his appt was booby trap is weird, at that point why would u have a change of heart
Old 07-23-2012, 04:35 PM   #163
"Entertainment" mod.

Thanked 3,427 Times in 1,048 Posts
There was a victim who was spared being pumped with even more bullets because the gun jammed. Imagine how many more would have died had the gun not jammed. If the rifle was freshly bought as the press was saying, wouldn't the gun be able to reliably empty the 100 round clip, regardless of the inherent issues with the design?
CorneringArtist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 04:43 PM   #164
In RS I Trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorneringArtist View Post
There was a victim who was spared being pumped with even more bullets because the gun jammed. Imagine how many more would have died had the gun not jammed. If the rifle was freshly bought as the press was saying, wouldn't the gun be able to reliably empty the 100 round clip, regardless of the inherent issues with the design?
more then likely he just held the trigger down and the bullets got hot which the gun jammed. That's why it's better off letting them rip in short bursts so there is less of a chance of that happening.
Old 07-23-2012, 05:16 PM   #165
RS.net PIMP

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorneringArtist View Post
If the rifle was freshly bought as the press was saying, wouldn't the gun be able to reliably empty the 100 round clip, regardless of the inherent issues with the design?
No, because you also have to account for the fact that Holmes didn't use a standard magazine, he purchased after market high capacity magazines, and something as simple as a bad/cheap/bent magazine or even loading the magazine with rounds a 100 times himself as an inexperienced firearms user could have lead to the gun jamming if even one bullet was loaded incorrectly.

Not sure how many high capacity magazine he went through before the firearm jammed or malfunctioned, but if he went through a couple quickly could've overheated the barrel leading to a malfunction even in a brand new, clean firearm. 100 round magazine compared to 30 round standard magazine.

There are also variants of the AR-15, military and civilian models, so if he loaded say a civilian spec AR-15 with NATO ammunition, this can also cause the firearm to jam after enough pressure builds up. It's just a good thing that Holmes did not seem familiar with firearms or have any training.

WTF, another nutjob

Quote:
Just saw Batman, now I’m going to kill my ex-boss, armed driver allegedy told Maine police

Read more: Just saw Batman, now I

MAINE -- Maine police arrested a heavily armed man driving on the state turnpike who carried clippings about the cinema massacre in Colorado and claimed he attended the new Batman film with a loaded gun, authorities said on Monday.

Timothy Courtois, 49, was driving 112 miles per hour on the Maine Turnpike with an AK-47 assault weapon, four handguns and several boxes of ammunition in his car when state police pulled him over about 10 a.m. on Sunday, said Maine Department of Public Safety spokesman Steve McCausland.

He told police that he was headed to Derry, N.H., to shoot a former employer, McCausland said in a statement.

Courtois told police he had attended the new Batman movie, The Dark Knight Rises, at a theatre in Saco, Me., on Saturday night with a loaded gun in his backpack, he said.

Police found clippings in his car about the mass shooting in Aurora, Colo., where 12 people were killed and 58 wounded by a gunman at a Friday showing of The Dark Knight Rises, he said.

At Courtois’ home in Biddeford, Me., police found several additional guns, including a machine gun, and thousands of rounds of ammunition, he said.

Courtois was slated to appear in court on Monday in Springvale District Court on initial charges of speeding and carrying a concealed weapon, McCausland said.

© Copyright (c) The Province

Read more: Just saw Batman, now I

Last edited by 7seven; 07-23-2012 at 05:27 PM.
Old 07-23-2012, 07:09 PM   #166
Rider

Thanked 2,081 Times in 532 Posts
i wonder why this guy went so quietly to the police when he was so stocked up on fire arms and body armor, then told the police his house was booby trapped with explosives.... doesnt make sense to me
gdoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 07:11 PM   #167
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 3,628 Times in 718 Posts
inb4 this guy gets off without any charges
Excelsis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 07:29 PM   #168
Need to Seek Professional Help

Thanked 1,283 Times in 196 Posts
from a mass shooting to several conspiracy theories
AW607 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 07:43 PM   #169
what manner of phaggotry is this

Thanked 5,473 Times in 1,814 Posts
that guy's hopped up on goof balls.
Old 07-23-2012, 08:22 PM   #170
Summertime Sadness

Thanked 2,911 Times in 648 Posts
Quote:
Dark Knight' Shooting: 3 Boyfriends Die Shielding Girlfriends During Aurora Massacre
Quote:
In the wake of Friday's devastating theater shooting in Aurora, Colo., President Obama remarked that it will be the "good people" -- the heroes who took action -- that remain in our memories long after James Holmes, the alleged gunman, has been forgotten.

And as stories from the darkened chaos begin to emerge, three among many share similar heroic stories: they all died shielding their girlfriends from bullets.
'Dark Knight' Shooting: 3 Boyfriends Die Shielding Girlfriends During Aurora Massacre (VIDEO, PHOTO)

[15-01, 11:33] ICE BOY i'm going to wrap my dick in a crepe and make you suck the filling

[[09-10, 11:34] ICE BOY liquor in the front, poker in the rear
LSF22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 09:21 PM   #171
Banned By Establishment

I would be using my gf as a human shield
Jason00S2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-23-2012, 09:24 PM   #172
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

^ didnt whether to thank or fail you. lol
zx7rrrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 10:31 PM   #173
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Thanked 1,070 Times in 229 Posts
Warner Bros. to Make 'Substantial' Donation to Colorado Shooting Victims - Yahoo! Movies

Warner Bros donating to victims.
Shorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 10:46 PM   #174
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,357 Times in 3,446 Posts
Just a matter of time before it happens again. Americans don't seem to care. They never do anything about it.
Old 07-24-2012, 09:51 AM   #175
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,910 Times in 606 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jah Dean View Post
Another article that looks at the the conspiracy theories floating around;
you know this is from the exact same story arc/graphic novel right?
Sid Vicious is offline   Reply With Quote