REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 07-24-2012, 02:21 PM   #176
y'all better put some respeck on my name

Thanked 9,244 Times in 2,359 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
Just a matter of time before it happens again. Americans don't seem to care. They never do anything about it.
They arrested this nutcase, just look at the weapons he had;

Quote:
At least 3 men accused of making threats during or after watching the new Batman movie have been arrested in separate incidents, underscoring moviegoers' anxieties and heightened security in the wake of a deadly mass shooting at a Colorado theater showing the film.

[Related: Women grieve for hero boyfriends]

A Maine man was arrested when he told authorities that he was on his way to shoot a former employer a day after watching "The Dark Knight Rises," Maine state police said Monday.

Timothy Courtois of Biddeford, Maine, had been stopped for speeding, and a police search of his car found an AK-47 assault weapon, four handguns, ammunition and news clippings about the mass shooting that left 12 people dead early Friday, authorities said.

Former graduate student James Holmes, 24, is accused of opening fire in a theater in a Denver suburb. The shooting also injured 58 people.

Courtois said he had attended the Batman movie on Saturday, although police have not confirmed whether he actually saw the film.

"I guess we're taking everything at face value," State Police Lt. Kevin Donovan said. "It's very scary."

Police searched Courtois' home later Sunday and found a machine gun, several other guns and thousands of rounds of ammunition.

"We don't know what his true intentions were," said Steve McCausland, spokesman for the Department of Public Safety. "Based on the arsenal that was confiscated, we brought in our counterparts from the FBI and ATF to assist with the investigation."

Courtois was charged with speeding and possession of a concealed weapon.

[Yahoo's complete coverage of the Colorado shooting]

In Southern California, a man at a Sunday afternoon showing of the film was arrested after witnesses said he made threats and alluded to the Aurora shooting when the movie didn't start.

Los Angeles County sheriff's deputies were called to a cinema complex in Norwalk after moviegoers said 52-year-old Clark Tabor shouted: "I should go off like in Colorado." They said he then asked: "Does anybody have a gun?"

A security guard saw Tabor with a backpack on his knees in the second row, but deputies who searched the bag, the theater and its surrounding area did not find any weapon.

Separately, moviegoers in Sierra Visa, Ariz., panicked when a man who appeared intoxicated was confronted during a showing of the movie. The Cochise County Sheriff's office said it caused "mass hysteria" and about 50 people fled the theater.

Off-duty Border Patrol agents tackled Michael William Borboa, 27, who had a backpack with him, according to The Arizona Daily Star. Authorities said it contained an empty alcohol container and a half-empty moonshine bottle.

Borboa was arrested on suspicion of disorderly conduct, and threatening and intimidating.

Despite some jitters over the horrific shooting, moviegoers around the country still flocked to theaters to see the film, which was the final installment of the phenomenally successful Batman trilogy. Warner Bros. reported that it brought in $160.9 million over the weekend, making it the third highest opening weekend ever, after

3 arrested in separate 'Dark Knight' incidents - Yahoo! News
Advertisement
Harvey Specter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 05:15 PM   #177
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Thanked 1,532 Times in 479 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CorneringArtist View Post
There was a victim who was spared being pumped with even more bullets because the gun jammed. Imagine how many more would have died had the gun not jammed. If the rifle was freshly bought as the press was saying, wouldn't the gun be able to reliably empty the 100 round clip, regardless of the inherent issues with the design?

I'm assuming that you don't know much about firearms.

Almost every new gun has a break-in period, much like a car's engine, excessive/rapid fire will cause malfunctions during this period. He also used aftermarket magazines, something could have been defective with the mag.

There seems to be some confusion as to the rifle used as well.

The rifle the gunman was using is called an AR-15, it is a semi-automatic rifle (NOT an assault rifle), it fires one bullet per pull of the trigger.

The gunman did not have the military variant of the civilian AR-15, which is called the M4, or M4A1, it is capable of fully automatic fire, and requires a class three license to purchase in the states.

The C mags he was using are known to have issues with reliability related to the feed of rounds, and as such, are not that popular.

If he did have a fully automatic rifle (assault rifle for the media suck ups), the situation could have been far more deadly.
Yodamaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 06:05 PM   #178
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Christian Bale visited some of the victims of the shooting in Colorado

Quote:
Batman star Christian Bale visited survivors of the Colorado theater shooting Tuesday and stopped by a makeshift memorial to victims of the attack that killed 12 people and injured 58.

Carey Rottman, one of those injured in Friday's shooting at a theater showing The Dark Knight Rises, posted two photos of himself with Bale on his Facebook page. Hospital staff also posted a Facebook photo of the actor with some staff members.

An online campaign had urged Bale to visit survivors of the shooting.

After visiting The Medical Center of Aurora, Bale stopped by a makeshift memorial to the victims near the movie theater. He walked among the 12 crosses erected for each of the slain victims, and many people there didn't realize who he was or chose to leave him alone.

A Warner Bros. spokeswoman told The Denver Post that Bale was representing himself, not the movie studio.

Bale, who stars as Batman in The Dark Knight Rises, previously issued a written statement saying: "Words cannot express the horror that I feel. I cannot begin to truly understand the pain and grief of the victims and their loved ones, but my heart goes out to them."

President Barack Obama and members of the Denver Broncos also have made hospital visits to some of the survivors.
Christian Bale visits Colorado shooting victims - World - CBC News

Nice touch from my point of view. Good for him.
chouchou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 06:17 PM   #179
Rider

Thanked 2,081 Times in 532 Posts
" Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order, and everything becomes chaos. I'm an agent of chaos. Oh, and you know the thing about chaos? It's fair!"
gdoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 06:33 PM   #180
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,458 Times in 588 Posts
Such an incredible stroke of luck

"The doctor explains that Petra's brain has had from birth a small 'defect' in it. It is a tiny channel of fluid running through her skull, like a tiny vein through marble, or a small hole in an oak board, winding from front to rear," Brad Strait, senior pastor at Cherry Creek Presbyterian Church in Englewood, Colorado, wrote on his blog this week."

Brain condition helps save Colorado shooting victim - CNN.com
shawnly1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 02:39 AM   #181
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

so many "gun experts " that seem to know all the answers in this thread. lol

watch out everyone!

zx7rrrr is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 07-27-2012, 06:48 PM   #182
kwy

Thanked 1,715 Times in 595 Posts
http://mashable.com/2012/07/27/dane-...g-jokes-video/

Dane Cook proves yet again that hes a fucking moron. Makes tasteless jokes about the Aurora shootings, and calls the movie crap as well..maybe he should re-watch his own fucking shit movies.
kwy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-27-2012, 08:42 PM   #183
Banned (ABWS)?

Thanked 3,984 Times in 1,689 Posts
Wow.. What an idiot. Did anyone in the audience even laugh when he said that line?
considering Batman's a good movie, most of the audience wouldn't side with his opinion on it being a piece if crap anyway.
AzNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 09:22 PM   #184
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,382 Times in 3,464 Posts
That was kind of funny. Also Americans don't care so why should we care about a mass shootings.

And Americans don't care. If they really did they would would do something about it.

Last edited by Manic!; 07-29-2012 at 12:58 PM.
Manic! is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 09:40 PM   #185
kwy

In that case, I won't lose sleep if you get shot.
Old 07-27-2012, 11:36 PM   #186
Orgasm Donor & Alatar owned my ass twice!

Thanked 4,387 Times in 1,145 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzNightmare View Post
Wow.. What an idiot. Did anyone in the audience even laugh when he said that line?
considering Batman's a good movie, most of the audience wouldn't side with his opinion on it being a piece if crap anyway.
they laughed and cheered.

i never liked dane cook anyways.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) hi there
(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・$$$$$゜゜・。*。・゜*✧ .

xxx~*…like dis post if u cry evry time…~*xxx
DanHibiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 02:26 AM   #187
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 4,282 Times in 587 Posts
ya the audience was cheering when he said that line

P.S. Dane Cook's movie Good Luck Chuck was garbage and a piece of crap.
her: why are all guys asking the same f**king question?
me: i uno.... so can I tap that
her: stfu you got a gf
me: tap together?

no reply...
cliffhanger33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 11:11 AM   #188
Banned (ABWS)?

Didn't realize there was a clip of the joke since I was surfing with my phone yesterday.
Just horrible. Dane Cook should get shot, and maybe those idiots that actually thought it was funny
Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM
Old 07-28-2012, 11:13 AM   #189
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,352 Times in 445 Posts
I'm on my phone too. What was the punch line?
vafanculo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 01:04 PM   #190
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,139 Times in 7,148 Posts
Dane cook is like that guy that gets too drunk at a party and everyone just wants to shut the fuck up
westopher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 01:51 PM   #191

Thanked 3,733 Times in 954 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CorneringArtist View Post
There was a victim who was spared being pumped with even more bullets because the gun jammed. Imagine how many more would have died had the gun not jammed. If the rifle was freshly bought as the press was saying, wouldn't the gun be able to reliably empty the 100 round clip, regardless of the inherent issues with the design?
Clip.
trollface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 02:09 PM   #192
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,316 Times in 5,636 Posts
Magazine.
Hondaracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 02:38 PM   #193
Need to Seek Professional Help

Thanked 3,712 Times in 467 Posts
Newspaper.
Zoidberg is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 07-28-2012, 03:14 PM   #194

Thanked 3,733 Times in 954 Posts
Peer review journal
trollface is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 07-28-2012, 03:14 PM   #195
Need to Seek Professional Help

Well i am glad he didn't use Pmags.
Old 07-28-2012, 04:25 PM   #196
kwy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cliffhanger33 View Post
ya the audience was cheering when he said that line

P.S. Dane Cook's movie Good Luck Chuck was garbage and a piece of crap.

Not very surprised with the response, considering the kind of crowd that would be at a Dane Cook show.
Old 07-29-2012, 01:21 AM   #197
Banned (ABWS)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vafanculo View Post
I'm on my phone too. What was the punch line?
No real punchline. Basically just said this quote.

"So I heard that the guy came into the theater about 25 minutes into the movie. And I don’t know if you’ve seen the movie; the movie is pretty much a piece of crap. And, uh, yeah, spoiler alert. And I know that if none of that would have happened, I’m pretty sure that somebody in that theater, about 25 minutes in, realizing it was a piece of crap, was probably like ‘ugh f-cking shoot me."
Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM
This post thanked by:
Old 07-29-2012, 12:31 PM   #198
Glorious Gaming PC Master Race

....sigh...

why can't crazy people just jump off bridges, like in the good old days?
Old 07-29-2012, 03:06 PM   #199

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx7rrrr View Post
so many "gun experts " that seem to know all the answers in this thread. lol

watch out everyone!
Actually, if you own firearms and have basic knowledge of how they function, everything that was said about the model name, operation, bugs/problems, and limitations, would be common info to you.

I'm surprised at how people in Canada have SO LITTLE knowledge about firearms, acutally. It's sad.
Old 07-29-2012, 03:17 PM   #200
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Thanked 1,532 Times in 479 Posts
Too many people try to buy a gun for home defense without knowing squat about how they work.
Yodamaster is offline   Reply With Quote