So I finally got the day off work and decided I'd get my suspension tuned. Started by calling up local shops and ended up being Mspeed Performance who was able to fit me in for today. It was around 2:00PM, and they said they'd fit me in if I could come before 3, we settled for 2:30. For those who don't know, they're located half a block north of Hastings and Commercial Drive. Anyways, I didn't know what to expect after the setup, but was a firm believer that if 30$ is gonna make my bike feel a night and day difference, then heck, why not. Initial Setup:
- Felt confident due to the amount of seat time and being accustomed to the bike setting
- Front shocks were too soft, dipping a lot when braking, kinda flimsy turning into turns
- Rear shocks were HARD, the preload was not even noticeable.
- Bike stock setup was supposedly setup for someone in 190-200lbs, while i was 155-160, so it was expected
- I was able to place both feet down with about half of my foot on each side touching the ground. Changes:
- Front was made harder
- Rear was made softer After:
- Braking felt a lot better as the bike was more stable with harder setup
- I could flat foot both sides now, due to the rear being softer, the bike sags a tad bit more.
- Hitting bumps are less noticeable as the suspension is actually doing something now.
- My body position is more noticeable in the suspension travel as it is adjusted to my weight.
Paid $30, advised that if I wanted any fine tuning, i could come back for free.
I took the long way home and tested the bike briefly on some twisties and was quite happy with my 30$ investment. Just thought i'd share this with everyone...