REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness (https://www.revscene.net/forums/sports-sports-entertainment-fitness_35/)
-   -   Breakfast....... (https://www.revscene.net/forums/671696-breakfast.html)

sebTeggy 08-01-2012 10:59 AM

Breakfast.......

They say 'breakfast is the most important meal of the day'.....

But if it doesn't matter WHEN you eat, as long as your average daily caloric intake is the same, is breakfast really all that important?

I've heard of the 'jump-start' your metabolism, but isn't that kind of BS since your stomach is always digesting food (especially if your first meal is 2pm and last meal 12am)

:suspicious:

ilovebacon 08-01-2012 11:12 AM

Eat, eat, eat if u wanna grow bigger

Supafly 08-01-2012 11:18 AM

contrary to belief....someone who eats breakfast everyday is no diffrent from someone who doesnt eat breakfast...

but comparing someone who eats breakfast everyday and misses...will feel groggy compared to someone whom doesnt eat breakfst on the regular.

RRxtar 08-01-2012 11:23 AM

IF thread in disguise is not well disguised

sebTeggy 08-01-2012 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ilovebacon (Post 7991587)
Eat, eat, eat if u wanna grow bigger

No idea what you are talking about dude, you know one day you can be president if you wanted to?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supafly (Post 7991589)
contrary to belief....someone who eats breakfast everyday is no diffrent from someone who doesnt eat breakfast...

but comparing someone who eats breakfast everyday and misses...will feel groggy compared to someone whom doesnt eat breakfst on the regular.

I sort of figured, like if I skip breakfast and eat it later in the day, without increasing any of the sizes of any of my other meals, the only thing would be a bit of discomfort from being used to eating it.... I dont think it would affect my body in any way

Quote:

Originally Posted by RRxtar (Post 7991595)
IF thread in disguise is not well disguised

Probably some stupid meme I have never heard of, or maybe you just want to up your post count? Dunnoo

Supafly 08-01-2012 11:55 AM

its revscene....we're not nutritionists.

Meowjin 08-01-2012 01:37 PM

Interment fasting.

Google it.

Meowjin 08-01-2012 01:38 PM

I need to Eat a protein massive breakfast because it makes my meds work better.

hal0g0dv2 08-01-2012 02:28 PM

20 threads down
/thread

sebTeggy 08-01-2012 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supafly (Post 7991623)
its revscene....we're not nutritionists.

Was hoping this was the best section to get some good answers! Jesus I guess revscene is an entertainment forum now, and not an information site :nyan:

RRxtar 08-01-2012 03:43 PM

sorry i assumed you were smart and trolling. turns out you're just a dickhead

google Intermittent Fasting. or read the shit SkinnyPupp posts somewhere

hal0g0dv2 08-01-2012 03:49 PM

There is more then enouph info on rs
You have to look threw threads
the info In the sports thread is amazing

bcrdukes 08-01-2012 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RRxtar (Post 7991763)
or read the shit SkinnyPupp posts somewhere

:rofl:

instantneedles 08-01-2012 03:58 PM

Consult Skinnypupp, he's your guy...

And as RRxstar kinda pointed out in a sarcastic way, the question you are asking is indirectly tied with the concept of intermittent fasting, whereby you fast during certain intervals of the day, and eat within an 8 hour window or something.

In my opinion, having breakfast or not is really up to you, although i think that the IF method of dieting would be more beneficial to people trying to cut back on the weight than a hardgainer. Even though you may still be digesting food from the previous meal the night before, if you skip breakfast and proceed with the IF method of interval dieting, there is a huge gap that exists between your last meal the night before and your first meal of the day. Especially if you're the type of guy that likes to exercise in the morning, not everyone has the insulin sensitivity that is required to do that. I for one, cannot. IMO, a hardgainer would benefit most from feeding the body constantly with nutrients so that your body is always getting an influx of calories. And especially if you're going for a bulk, an 8 hour window seems a bit short imo, and you're going to really be eating alot and spiking your insulin with massive meals. But that's just my opinion. You can do whatever the fuck ya wanna do!

RRxtar 08-01-2012 04:10 PM

Since the topic has been brought up, I tried to ween into IF a few weeks ago by skipping breakfast 1 and 2 and eating 12pm-8pm. I got panic attacks that were making me frantically useless. And it scared my gf. You can ask anyone from my mom even when I was a kid, to my friends, and gf... they KNOW when RRxtar needs to eat and there's no way I can go 16 hours without eating. Dat der borderline Hypoglycemia maybe, but low blood sugar and me have never gone together.

Plus, Imo, if you're trying to take in any reasonable amount of carbs in a day, pumping that much sugar into you in a short window cannot be good for you. How does that not affect blood sugar and insulin?

IF is a cool concept and clearly works for some/lots of people. But it definitely isnt for everyone. Especially people with blood sugar sensitivity.

DaFonz 08-01-2012 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sebTeggy (Post 7991727)
Was hoping this was the best section to get some good answers! Jesus I guess revscene is an entertainment forum now, and not an information site :nyan:

There's something known as using google and doing your own fucking research instead of expecting people to spoon feed it to you. Try being less stupid.

sebTeggy 08-01-2012 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFonz (Post 7991799)
There's something known as using google and doing your own fucking research instead of expecting people to spoon feed it to you. Try being less stupid.

^Why ask any questions? Shouldn't they all be in the amazing google database!

Last thing I want to do is end up on some chick's blog saying 'Omggg if you skip breakfast then your body goes into starvation mode! OMG!!!!'

Seriously? :rukidding:

RayBot 08-15-2012 09:03 AM

Considering I do endurance training about 3 times a week, I noticed that breakfast is key. However, i get different recommendations from different sources, and I don't know what to abide by.

Such as carbloading the night before a marathon/triathlon. That seems to be the popular pre-race perception. Now I am reading that your breakfast the day before should be the meal where you should be carbloading.

I noticed last week when I did Grouse, i ate half the breakfast i usually ate beforehand, and I was gassed a lot earlier than expected.

From an endurance point of view, I definitely would like to know what the perfect breakfast is....however, I think everyone here on RS have different goals and such.

Supafly 08-15-2012 10:48 AM

For me, I watched and logged my morning activities:

Whole grain bagel BLT - Lrg coffee : didnt feel groggy from 7am -1030am

A protein shake and a banana : didnt feel groggy until about 915ish... and got groggy/sleepy

2 muffins and a coffee: slight bump in energy and focus; dies off fairly quickly and fatigue quickly sets in.

A plate of pasta : no grogginess until lunch.

No breakfast/coffee: Unable to focus, stomach noises and fatigue.

This was with a full 6-7hrs of sleep on all days.

I eat breakfast everyday, as my body depends on carbs to fuel it through the morning to lunch; If I do not have this kickstarter, I seem to lack motivation for the entire day.

knight604 08-15-2012 11:40 AM

Never feel hunger

bcrdukes 08-15-2012 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RayBot (Post 8004080)
Considering I do endurance training about 3 times a week, I noticed that breakfast is key. However, i get different recommendations from different sources, and I don't know what to abide by.

Such as carbloading the night before a marathon/triathlon. That seems to be the popular pre-race perception. Now I am reading that your breakfast the day before should be the meal where you should be carbloading.

I noticed last week when I did Grouse, i ate half the breakfast i usually ate beforehand, and I was gassed a lot earlier than expected.

From an endurance point of view, I definitely would like to know what the perfect breakfast is....however, I think everyone here on RS have different goals and such.

I'm on the same boat as you.

I haven't tried carbloading yet but only because I don't do triathlons or races :D

Like yourself, I find that breakfast is key to starting the day off. I'm still trying to figure out what the best meals are prior to a 2 to 4 hour (40-70km) road ride.

RayBot 08-15-2012 03:39 PM

For me, the perfect breakfast prior to a run, ride or grouse is a bowl of oatmeal, a slice of toast with nutella and an apple.

If anyone can correct my breakfast habit, i'll be happy to take it into consideration.

GLOW 08-15-2012 03:47 PM

man i thought this thread was going to be about people showing off the breakfast meals they make or good restaurants for breakfast :okay:

bcrdukes 08-15-2012 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RayBot (Post 8004376)
For me, the perfect breakfast prior to a run, ride or grouse is a bowl of oatmeal, a slice of toast with nutella and an apple.

If anyone can correct my breakfast habit, i'll be happy to take it into consideration.

This seems to work for me.

It's either a bowl of oatmeal with some dried fruits or a bowl of Vector cereal along with a slice of toast with peanut butter and a yogurt or apple.

Renthal 08-15-2012 09:04 PM

espresso, bacon and eggs!

watch this episode of the joe rogan experience with robb wolf.. he talks alot about the paleo diet and just general healthy living
its long but worth it

JRE #245 – Robb Wolf, Brian Redban « The Joe Rogan Experience