REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Entertainment Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/entertainment-forum_27/)
-   -   X-Men: Days of Future Past (First Class sequel) (https://www.revscene.net/forums/671722-x-men-days-future-past-first-class-sequel.html)

DanHibiki 08-01-2012 08:56 PM

X-Men: Days of Future Past (First Class sequel)

Quote:

First, we told you about the rumor about it being based on this story arc. Then we followed up with why it would be a brilliant thing to do. Well, now it looks like it is official. Twentieth Century Fox C.I.S. have reportedly confirmed and a Russian news site has posted information stating that the much anticipated sequel will be lifted from the pages of the Marvel comic’s and be titled X-Men: Days Of Future Past. Now while this will not be a direct adaptation of the storyline (cue: angry internet nerds and people who liked First Class but will not admit it) this is probably one of Fox’s best moves they can make with the franchise allowing them to introduce fan-favorite characters quite possibly without having to totally disregard stories they have already told. Well, minus X-Men Origins: Wolverine which I wish I could disregard from my own memory. With the film going into production in January we should definitely be expecting a flood of news starting soon.
‘X-Men: First Class’ Sequel Officially Titled ‘X-Men: Days Of Future Past’ | Geekscape

http://www.rodandocine.com/wp-conten...uture-past.jpg
http://i.minus.com/i9F4CMVDEeQzm.jpg

One of the most popular x-men stories coming to film. I'm totally jacked.

Energy 08-01-2012 09:21 PM

Wow I can remember this arc from way back. Hope the movie is as good.

JKam 08-02-2012 11:05 AM

I remember the animated series adaption of this.. it was one of the most memorable ones thats for sure.

winson604 08-02-2012 11:09 AM

The last movie that came out I actually quite enjoyed . Looking forward to this!

StylinRed 08-02-2012 03:33 PM

omg... just read the title and im totally stoked i cannot wait!

Stealthy 08-02-2012 05:03 PM

No more Deadpool movie?

ziggyx 08-02-2012 06:54 PM

Kind of a comic noob but what's with the spider man picture in the lower left hand corner of the first picture?

Meowjin 08-02-2012 10:42 PM

Covers the barcode so probably only used for promotional use.

StylinRed 08-03-2012 04:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ziggyx (Post 7992811)
Kind of a comic noob but what's with the spider man picture in the lower left hand corner of the first picture?

iirc they were shipped to subscription holders also for comics that were packaged in bags of 2 or more where a barcode wasn't needed or a separate one was used and also those comics sold in comic book stores rather than retail outlets like a safeway/save-on (not too sure about this last one its been so long)

marvel also used the area to show anniversaries like those for spiderman or marvel (recall some 30th? anniversary spiderman images shown in place of the barcode)

Culverin 08-04-2012 12:33 AM

nimrod? kitty pryde?

i'm at a bit of a loss for words... this is seriously reaching for some nerdy comic book material

european 08-04-2012 03:28 PM

This is awesome! Can't wait!

JKam 08-07-2012 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Culverin (Post 7993933)
nimrod? kitty pryde?

i'm at a bit of a loss for words... this is seriously reaching for some nerdy comic book material

Kitty was in all of the movies. Cameos for the first 2 and a supporting character in the third movie.

DanHibiki 08-07-2012 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JKam (Post 7996475)
Kitty was in all of the movies. Cameos for the first 2 and a supporting character in the third movie.

but not the 4th which is the important one regarding this storyline so obviously it will be someone else.

40ft e-Peen 08-13-2012 11:52 PM

Anyone know of any possible sources to read the comics, or any comics online?

Sid Vicious 08-14-2012 12:20 AM

torrents.

Soundy 09-11-2012 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 40ft e-Peen (Post 8002839)
Anyone know of any possible sources to read the comics, or any comics online?

Marvel Digital Comics Unlimited | Comics | Marvel.com

Fuhrėr-Z 09-11-2012 09:35 PM

http://www.amazon.ca/X-Men-Days-Future-Chris-Claremont/dp/0785164537/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1347428110&sr=8-1
$15

DanHibiki 11-28-2012 08:44 PM

Quote:

This isn't a surprise, but it's very cool: Director Bryan Singer just tweeted the following:

"Thrilled to announce @ianmckellen118 & @SirPatStew are joining the cast of #XMEN #DaysOfFuturePast #magneto #professorX More to come..."
Patrick Stewart, Ian McKellen Back for X-Men: Days of Future Past - IGN

Quote:

As many suspected might occur, The Hollywood Reporter now says Hugh Jackman is in negotiations to play Wolverine in X-Men: Days of Future Past.
Hugh Jackman in Negotiations to Play Wolverine in X-Men: Days of Future Past - IGN

StylinRed 11-28-2012 09:00 PM

Patrick Stewart :fullofwin:

rsx 11-28-2012 09:50 PM

make it so.

JACKED 12-01-2012 08:38 PM

First Class was surprisingly good. looking forward for sure

DanHibiki 12-19-2012 12:42 AM

Prepare your nerdy selves for the following hype news.

Quote:

Hugh Jackman was rumored last month to be joining the cast of director Bryan Singer's X-Men: Days of Future Past, but now the filmmaker has made the casting official via his Twitter account.

"I would officially like to welcome @RealHughJackman to the cast of #Xmen Days of Future Past. Very excited! More to come..." Singer said.

Jackman is joining a cast that includes James McAvoy, Jennifer Lawrence, Michael Fassbender, Nicholas Hoult, Ian McKellen and Patrick Stewart.

Scheduled for release on July 18, 2014, X-Men: Days of Future Past features a script by Simon Kinberg and is said to be inspired Chris Claremont and John Byrne's comic book storyline that ran in "Uncanny X-Men" #141 and 142 back in 1981. "Days of Future Past" introduced the idea of an alternate future for Marvel's mutants that grew out of the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants killing an important senator, leading to a future where all mutants are hunted by Sentinels.

In addition to playing a key role in the comic book version of the story, Wolverine has appeared in every live-action "X-Men" film to date and will star in his second solo adventure with the July 26 release The Wolverine.
Hugh Jackman Confirmed for X-Men: Days of Future Past | Superhero Hype

Ian Mckellen, Patrick Stewart, and now Hugh Jackman back to the franchise. The hype circle is now complete.

Mark my words this will be the best X-Men movie.

european 12-19-2012 07:07 AM

nice! Can't wait! Looking forward to his second Wolverine movie as well. Hopefully it'll be a good one.

hotshot1 12-19-2012 09:46 AM

I'm probably in the minority but I hate Hugh Jackman as Wolverine. I also thought the Wolverine movie was one of the worst superhero movies ever.

JKam 12-19-2012 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hotshot1 (Post 8110799)
I'm probably in the minority but I hate Hugh Jackman as Wolverine. I also thought the Wolverine movie was one of the worst superhero movies ever.

could not agree more. That and Halle Berry as Storm. Honestly the ONLY X-Men movie I enjoyed was the first one and First Class.

Wolverine Origins was awful, I mean the whole Deadpool shooting out lasers things was the last straw for me.