REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Relationship & Gender Discussion

Relationship & Gender Discussion THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
The thin line between love and hate
Mature discussion about understanding the opposite sex...

Old 08-05-2012, 01:09 PM   #1
Ask me about "Taking One For The Team"

Working out with your bf/gf

Just wanted to share something I've been going thru with my gf....

A few months ago we were sitting around talking about how we would like to get into better physical shape. I've been consistently going to the gym 3-4 days a week so I kind of felt that including the gf would kind of "take over" my place of tranquility aka the gym.

I decided to give it a shot. Added her to my membership and went and bought some cross trainers and off we went. At first I felt kind of weird about it but that quickly vanished. We go 4-5 times a week to it he gym. Now with the weather being as good as it is we've started to venture out from the gym... We took up tennis once a week, golf once a week, joined an urbanrec beach vball league, and go for jogs on the Richmond dyke (we live in steveston) all in all I'd say it's been a great great thing. We push each other to keep motivated, this weekend we completed the warrior dash (her first 5km event EVER) so she was super stoked and obviously I'm super proud of her.

Sorry for the longness of this.... But now since we do a lot of this together I don't spend a whole ton of time with my bUddies and they have started to notice, kinda giving me shit for it now... My gf on the other hand her friends think its great and are happy for her... I don't want to tell her about the situation with my friends.... I admit that I kinda dont mind spending such huge amounts of time with her, if we're going out to be active I invite my friends but they never come. What can I do in this situation?

Or am I just at the age now where my gf is my only friend? Haha wtf right....

But all that aside, definitely workout with your SO it makes sex way better hahahaha

Any advice, anyone in a similar situation?

Richmond69er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 02:16 PM   #2
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 3,492 Times in 1,176 Posts
what do YOU want?

If you are fine with the amount of time your are spending with your gf, why let you buddies pull this shit attitude with you?

It seems like you are spending both 'couple' time and time conducive to your well-being...it just happens to be with the same person. You appear to be happy, content, and enjoying this time and your friends may be jealous. It is not like you are not inviting them to join.

On the flip side, just make sure you are happy with the situation....it never hurts to spend a day or so a week have a little bit of 'you' time.

And, you are kind of right about the age thing...it seems to me (and a lot of others), that as we get older, we tend to spend more time with our SO instead of our friends....its not a bad thing, it just happens.

If you are happy, keep doing what you are doing. Your friends may be a bit jealous as you seem to have a constructive healthy relationship....they may not be at that point in their life yet. They will get use to it.

Also, way to go on having an active life with a great partner
dinosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 02:38 PM   #3
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

your buddies should be understanding liek how ur gf's friends are!

I think its nice tat you guys are working out together. A lot of ppl do, I wish I had a gf tat could
Recon604 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-05-2012, 08:27 PM   #4
How I Mod your mother

I had a situation very similar to this recently. One of my buddies started giving me shit basically because he felt I spend too much of my time with my gf. Realistically, its only a few days a week and IMO its your decision how you wish to spend your time, not theirs. People grow up, priorities change and people realize there's other things to do besides hitting clubs with your boys.

As mentioned by someone earlier its probably because they dont have what you have.

I know that may sound a little ridiculous, but my buddy stopped giving me shit the moment he found a girl. Dafuq
!Yaminashi is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-06-2012, 11:46 AM   #5
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
the older you get, the more realize that you will hang out with your friends less and less.

Is just normal coz they or you have family/husband/wife/kids to take care of and at a statge where family comes first. Rarely you will hang out with your frds much after. Is all part of life.

If you are happy with what you do now then is all good.
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-06-2012, 12:38 PM   #6
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,045 Times in 419 Posts
do you and your gf live together?

if not, then i don't see why you can hang out with your buddies after the gym.

set aside one day for your friends. set aside free time on a daily basis for one friend at a time. i'm sure there are many ways you can cope with this.
mr_chin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 04:28 AM   #7
RS controls my life!

i spend almost 24/7 with my gf and happy. My buddies call once in a while and they dont give me any kinda shit. They got their own gfs too. Real friends dont mind how you spend your time. This is just a part of growing up. Eventually you're gonna be married, are you still gonna give a shit what your buddies tell you when you have a wife and/or kids?
Old 08-08-2012, 08:14 AM   #8
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupraTTturbo2jz View Post
i spend almost 24/7 with my gf and happy. My buddies call once in a while and they dont give me any kinda shit. They got their own gfs too. Real friends dont mind how you spend your time. This is just a part of growing up. Eventually you're gonna be married, are you still gonna give a shit what your buddies tell you when you have a wife and/or kids?
exactly, once you have your own family you hardly will have enought time for yourself. When you do all you really want is to relax. I mean you will see your buddies but more like once couple months (or till hockey starts).

They just have to know you have your own life. Same thing happen to me. Know this girl for years and years and recently she just stop responding to messages most likely she is busy with her wedding stuff so you just have to step back and let her do her thing. If they are true frds they will call you out if they want to meet up. If not then just move on and they are most likely too busy in thier life to care about thier frds.
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 02:17 PM   #9
Ask me about "Taking One For The Team"

weve been continuing with what we do on a day to day basis and my friends have let off a bit. they understand that im pretty serious about this girl and its definitely going to be moving in a more serious direction. its like you guys said theyre pretty much jealous and they realized it on there own.

its pretty cool the new depth our relationship has discovered by simply adding physical activity to our day-to-day that isnt just sex. i strongly suggest you guys try it!
Richmond69er is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-12-2012, 05:00 PM   #10
DOES HE LOOK LIKE A BITCH?

Thanked 2,571 Times in 689 Posts
Honestly, I would never bring my gf to the gym with me.
Knowing her personality and her background/culture/etc., she'd be more of a pest than anything.

Which is why if I were in your case, I'd tell my buddies to get off my back. It's great that you can find a girl to stay fit with you (and think of how it would benefit your sex life ). And quite honestly, how many girls could you find that would do that with you?
Culture_Vulture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 07:50 PM   #11
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,079 Times in 368 Posts
My gf doesn't like to go to the gym she rather diet. One of those women who think that if they touch a dumbell they'll turn into Arnold Schwarzenegger and plus muscles weigh more... WTF I don't understand how some women can even think this way...

I think it's pretty difficult for a woman to lift enough weights to become too muscular, masculine and unattractive looking unless they are just have the genes for it...
Old 08-12-2012, 09:40 PM   #12
kwy
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,715 Times in 595 Posts
It's not about genes, nor is it about how often you lift, it's how you lift. High reps low weight won't get you huge. It's very unlikely that a person will become huge by accident. Hypertrophy requires a pretty specific workout routine. Most women that work out just get really toned and hot.
kwy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 09:46 PM   #13
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Thanked 1,118 Times in 161 Posts
PICS?
Jayboogz is offline   Reply With Quote