REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Fashion & Shopping

Fashion & Shopping Blackmarkers. A Filtered Selection of Clothing, Footwear and Accessories.
Gotta stay fresh! Latest fashion trends, new clothing lines, mega sales events, and awesome deals..

Old 08-08-2012, 11:22 AM   #1
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,906 Times in 753 Posts
eBay bidding question

OK..so i found a couple of items on eBAY...both from the same seller.. that i REALLY want.

BUT.. seller is in the USA (Utah) and in each item description says he will ONLY ship in the USA. However... it does not restrict me from bidding on the items.

So lets say.. i win the auction.. would you think the seller could change his mind and or is forced to ship to me? or would they 'negate' the sale?

I've sent the seller 3 messages now.. all with NO response. One i clearly said that I understand that shipping to Canada is more $$ and i was willing to spend it.

seller is definitely NOT a power seller.. maybe has less than 250 ratings albeit at 100%.

ideas? should I try and win the auction?
Advertisement

Last edited by Acura604; 08-08-2012 at 11:31 AM.
Acura604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 11:59 AM   #2
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Just have it shipped to point Roberts or Blaine, check out TSB ship or point to point, there are lots of companies like these that allow Canadians to ship to them
bluejays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 12:10 PM   #3
MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD

Thanked 3,511 Times in 1,156 Posts
if it requires a secure shipping address then you are SOL, otherwise you can do that ^^^. and if the seller is not responding to your messages DO NOT BID ON IT, it is unsure of whether he will ship it to you, it will cause too much hassle in getting your product and eBay will rule on the side of the seller in any dispute because it is clearly stated in the ad.
[03-07, 03:26] Yodamaster - The feeling when you quickly insert without hitting the sides
nabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 12:17 PM   #4
nuggets mod

Thanked 3,782 Times in 977 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acura604 View Post
So lets say.. i win the auction.. would you think the seller could change his mind and or is forced to ship to me? or would they 'negate' the sale?
He would be forced to sell it to you. And you would be forced to buy it from him and provide a US address, as stated in the 'contract' (auction listing)
Old 08-08-2012, 02:15 PM   #5
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,782 Times in 2,491 Posts
if he states in his auction shipping within US only, and you can't give him a US address to ship to, he doesn't have to sell to you.

talk to the seller first to make sure everyone's cool first. don't screw around with his listing if you can't fulfill the buyer's obligations.

also if he's ignoring you, probably a good indicator that you don't wanna buy from him. if things go south you don't want an unresponsive seller.

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 05:02 PM   #6
y'all better put some respeck on my name

Thanked 9,244 Times in 2,359 Posts
^
Yup, the seller can refuse to ship it to you or agree to ship it at his/her price meaning he/she could charge some crazy amount and it'll be up to you if you want to go through with the transaction or not.
Harvey Specter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 06:01 AM   #7
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,906 Times in 753 Posts
yah..seller is very inexperienced. i've sent him 4messages and i guess he doesnt check them... i refrained from bidding on the 1st item...it expired last night...i get an email/msg this morning from seller:

"i will ship to Canada but shipping charges will be a bit more"

sheesh... well, he still has 1 more item i want so i'll pursue!!!
Acura604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 09:37 AM   #8
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,782 Times in 2,491 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acura604 View Post
yah..seller is very inexperienced. i've sent him 4messages and i guess he doesnt check them... i refrained from bidding on the 1st item...it expired last night...i get an email/msg this morning from seller:

"i will ship to Canada but shipping charges will be a bit more"

sheesh... well, he still has 1 more item i want so i'll pursue!!!
if you want that first item you can ask him to relist and/or set buy it now on it so you can just buy it without having to possibly compete with someone for it.

make sure you know the shipping costs to canada up front first. you dont want to win the auction and then get tagged with a $xxxxx shipping quote and be like wtf

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 11:44 AM   #9
The RS Freebie guru

Thanked 2,491 Times in 860 Posts
Yeah, get an actual shipping quote for Canada.

If it's too high for your liking, then you can get it shipped to Point Roberts or Blaine and pick it up from there.
InvisibleSoul is offline   Reply With Quote