REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Technical Discussion > Suspension, Brakes , Wheels & Tires Tech

Suspension, Brakes , Wheels & Tires Tech THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Suspension components, brakes, Wheels and Tires. All things related to how your car handles...

Old 08-11-2012, 10:08 PM   #1
I don't get it

03 350z rear wheels grinding

Hey boys, I have issues with my rear wheels grinding, screeching like metal on metal.
I took everything apart multiple times today to no avail... Pads not worn, no rocks stuck anywhere, rotors look fine, caliper clips not touching... My left side is so bad I'm ashamed to drive it, it's so
Loud. I even completely tightened the e brake shoes so my evrake wouldn't engage and tested and to no avail
Help please. I just need a expert to look at it and point me in the right direction. Thanks in advance
Advertisement
bloodline129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 10:35 PM   #2
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,586 Times in 4,318 Posts
Is the backing plate rubbing on the rotor?

You should be able to find it once you jack it up and rotate the wheel by hand. Listen for it and pinpoint where it's coming from.

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 12:09 AM   #3
I don't get it

I've done all that and no rubbig at all until
I drop the car and the weight is on the wheels... Back plate behind rotor pried backwards a bit to make sure that isn't it...
Old 08-12-2012, 12:20 AM   #4
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,586 Times in 4,318 Posts
wheel bearings? or the driveshaft rubbing against something?

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 10:26 AM   #5
I don't get it

I dont see the bearing being shot, its just not that type of sound i hear.... it also seems very solid so i doubt thats it. If there is anyone living close to surrey who has any idea what it could be and wouldnt mind taking a peek to point me in the right direction would be awesome.
I also bought new rotor's but dont want to go ahead and install them till i get a second opinion as i doubt that would fix it... hope i can return them in case its something else. Thanks
Old 08-12-2012, 12:22 PM   #6
I don't get it

http://youtu.be/hAuJ77YA-DU?t=15s

This is how it sounds. Thanks for any input

Last edited by bloodline129; 08-13-2012 at 07:21 AM. Reason: video not working
Old 08-13-2012, 07:23 AM   #7
I don't get it

sorry for posting again but i got the video uploaded now and if anyone could tell me what they might think it could be. Would be of great help. thanks you
Old 08-13-2012, 11:05 AM   #8
RS Licensed Vendor

Could be the wheel bearing. Very common for 350z and g35.

If you're ever in Richmond, swing by and we can take a better look.
#8-2900 Smith St
Richmond, BC

sales@bpgautosound.com
Cman333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 11:31 AM   #9
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Thanked 2,169 Times in 249 Posts
i had that issue (or at least i think its the same) on my g35 coupe i can only hear it when there is load, but with the wheel off for inspection i couldn't duplicate the sound and it was more prominent when turning. turns out it was my brake pad shims, they didn't have enough lubricant on them actually. double check on that.

depending on your wheels Cman333 could be right, if your wheels are very heavy then they ware out the bearings pretty fast. if that's the case double check the studs for any cracks too, cover all your basis, you don't want your wheel falling off when making a turn. i've seen it happen quite a few times
bigzz786786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 05:18 PM   #10
I don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cman333 View Post
Could be the wheel bearing. Very common for 350z and g35.

If you're ever in Richmond, swing by and we can take a better look.
Are u guys open Saturdays by any chance? If so, what would be a good time to stop by?
Old 08-13-2012, 05:24 PM   #11
I don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigzz786786 View Post
i had that issue (or at least i think its the same) on my g35 coupe i can only hear it when there is load, but with the wheel off for inspection i couldn't duplicate the sound and it was more prominent when turning. turns out it was my brake pad shims, they didn't have enough lubricant on them actually. double check on that.

depending on your wheels Cman333 could be right, if your wheels are very heavy then they ware out the bearings pretty fast. if that's the case double check the studs for any cracks too, cover all your basis, you don't want your wheel falling off when making a turn. i've seen it happen quite a few times
That's what i thought it would be the issue also, so i removed the shims completely and nothing changed. I have cross drilled rotor's and i even went to extent to switch the right with the left one, to no avail. I also adjusted my e brake completely tight so my e brake wouldn't engage and still nothing
I'll try to stop by cmans shop and see if he can have a better idea of it.

I installed the rotor's back in march and my passanger side always had that little high pitch sound like the shims are touching. It was never so loud to bother me and only happens when driving of. But now the drivers side is just so outta whack, that is annoying the living crap out of me lol. Anyways thanks for input guys. I'll keep the thread updated as i go along. Thanks again