REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 11-19-2012, 09:14 PM   #251
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,785 Times in 3,891 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrdukes View Post
I met a very patriotic older gentleman who fought in WWII with the Seaforth Highlanders. He told me the difference between Canadians and Americans is that Canadians don't complain. We deal with it.

Lotusland is filled with whiners that lose sleep over the most idiotic things
Advertisement
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 09:20 PM   #252
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 2,621 Times in 684 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoon_Fed View Post
I think a lot of the problems the Americans have is with a few certain types of, um, "Canadians".
What types of "Canadians" would those be?
Old 11-19-2012, 09:22 PM   #253
...in the world.

Thanked 7,636 Times in 2,321 Posts
There's usually as many Canadian plates as American ones at the Seattle outlets.

Bellingham would be nothing without Canadians injecting money into their economy.\

Think about how small the place is and yet they have an international airport.
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 09:30 PM   #254
I bringith the lowerballerith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
There's usually as many Canadian plates as American ones at the Seattle outlets.

Bellingham would be nothing without Canadians injecting money into their economy.\

Think about how small the place is and yet they have an international airport.
Back in the day when the Canadian dollar was hovering around 60 cents,Bellingham was like a ghost town,yet still those Americans that live there complained about us not shopping there due to the poor exchange rate.Point of the matter is,they will bitch about anything just for the sake of bitching.
spyker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 09:34 PM   #255
y'all better put some respeck on my name

Thanked 9,244 Times in 2,359 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by parm104 View Post
What types of "Canadians" would those be?
Probably referring to Asians and Indians but I have a friend who's white that goes down to shop a few times a month with his wife and child and he's been honked and sworn at because he has a BC plate. I'm sure race might have to do with some of the backlash but I think in general all Canadians are been targeted by some of these idiots.

It really is a shame that Canadians are boosting their sluggish economy by coming down and spending money and this is bloody thanks we get. They really need to build a large shopping complex in Blaine.
Harvey Specter is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-19-2012, 09:51 PM   #256
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,493 Times in 1,158 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jah Dean View Post
It really is a shame that Canadians are boosting their sluggish economy by coming down and spending money and this is bloody thanks we get. They really need to build a large shopping complex in Blaine.
News :: The Northern Light Newspaper for Blaine and Birch Bay WA

Quote:
A Canadian investment group, collectively known as North American 6666 Investment (Birch Bay), LLP signed on the dotted line on Thursday, October 25, and purchased the 140,000 square foot retail center for just under $8 million dollars.

The purchase included most of Birch Bay Square – with the exception of Jack in the Box, Bob’s Burgers & Brew, or the Windermere building – and a 16.7 acre parcel north of the mall. The retail center, located five miles south of the border, was built in 1993 and was originally known as Peace Arch Factory Outlets. The mall was acquired by the Ware family of Mount Vernon in 2005, and subsequently given a multi-million dollar makeover.
Maybe there's potential for Birch Bay Square?
Quote:
Originally Posted by RX_Renesis View Post
wtf did she get some bolt-on titties or what?
they look sooooooooooo much bigger than they were 2ish years ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nns View Post
I can't stand the sound of Mandarin either. Boo yow nee bey nee shing bo now noong gey shee mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo.
TypeRNammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 09:55 PM   #257
...in the world.

Thanked 7,636 Times in 2,321 Posts
Totally don't remember where this place is. Is that that terrible outlet mall right after the border? Like with the Levi's store? I think?
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 10:07 PM   #258
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 6,687 Times in 1,624 Posts
I used to go to Walmart and Costco in Bellingham, and I'd always park as far away as possible. It's easier to park, and you don't come across asshole Americans.

Now, I've seen East Indian and Asian families arrive in vans, they'd stop in front of the store, unload their 19 family members while holding up traffic, then do some fucking terrible driving to park like a retard. And before you call me out on stereotyping or racist, everyone knows it's true. White people have a bit more class. And I'm Asian, and have drilled it into my parents. It shouldn't be Americans complaining about Canadians, but rather people complaining about arrogant uneducated fucks who think it's perfectly ok to inconvenience other people just so they can save some time and money.

Not "sympathazing" with the 'muricans who key our shit and such, but this whole USA vs Canada thing is stupid IMO.

Anyway, now I just drive an extra 15 minutes and down to Burlington. Bellingham is a clusterfuck to drive through anyway, especially around Bellisfair.
inv4zn is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 11-19-2012, 10:12 PM   #259

Quote:
Totally don't remember where this place is. Is that that terrible outlet mall right after the border? Like with the Levi's store? I think?
It's on the right hand side, about a 10 minute drive along the I-5 from the border....the really deserted outlet looking place.
Quote:
Quote:
I can't stand the sound of Mandarin either. Boo yow nee bey nee shing bo now noong gey shee mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo.
Old 11-19-2012, 10:20 PM   #260

Quote:
Originally Posted by inv4zn View Post
I used to go to Walmart and Costco in Bellingham, and I'd always park as far away as possible. It's easier to park, and you don't come across asshole Americans.

Now, I've seen East Indian and Asian families arrive in vans, they'd stop in front of the store, unload their 19 family members while holding up traffic, then do some fucking terrible driving to park like a retard. And before you call me out on stereotyping or racist, everyone knows it's true. White people have a bit more class. And I'm Asian, and have drilled it into my parents. It shouldn't be Americans complaining about Canadians, but rather people complaining about arrogant uneducated fucks who think it's perfectly ok to inconvenience other people just so they can save some time and money.

Not "sympathazing" with the 'muricans who key our shit and such, but this whole USA vs Canada thing is stupid IMO.

Anyway, now I just drive an extra 15 minutes and down to Burlington. Bellingham is a clusterfuck to drive through anyway, especially around Bellisfair.
Any highlights to Burlington? Places to shop and stuff?

I don't mind the extra 15 minute drive.

Speaking of clusterfuck, Bellingham is a nightmare on Saturday's when trying to exit onto Meridian Drive.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 11-19-2012, 10:20 PM   #261
10psi aint enough...

Typernammer: ^^ birchbay outlet?

I'm sure the racist thing does exist... And when meant 'canadian' its probably asian, indo, and pretty much anyone whose not white.
Recall a visit to nordstrom seattle where salesguy was rude and didnt want to serve asian customer, kept walking past pretendig to cough and no greet or hello. My thought 'no problem dude, you lost
my business, I will buy jeans or whatever next door at macys lol...'
Posted via RS Mobile
HondaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-19-2012, 10:37 PM   #262

Thanked 6,687 Times in 1,624 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TypeRNammer View Post

I don't mind the extra 15 minute drive.

Speaking of clusterfuck, Bellingham is a nightmare on Saturday's when trying to exit onto Meridian Drive.
Highlight is that it's not as busy as Bellingham lol
inv4zn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 11:01 PM   #263

Thanked 5,221 Times in 1,387 Posts
Was waiting for a parking space with my signals on at the Bellingham Costco today. Guy was backing out of his space and as soon as he put his car in drive and started driving away, a burgundy ricer Audi A4 without even looking, drove right into the spot.

Not sure if hungry fatass American wanting churros, or a Canadian hater.
Akinari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 11:08 PM   #264
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HondaGuy View Post
Typernammer: ^^ birchbay outlet?

I'm sure the racist thing does exist... And when meant 'canadian' its probably asian, indo, and pretty much anyone whose not white.
Recall a visit to nordstrom seattle where salesguy was rude and didnt want to serve asian customer, kept walking past pretendig to cough and no greet or hello. My thought 'no problem dude, you lost
my business, I will buy jeans or whatever next door at macys lol...'
Posted via RS Mobile
it totally exists, depending on what I'm wearing that day, I swear some stores dont even greet me. However once I start up a nice conversation with them with proper English they usually cool. There's always soo many asians/ EI talking in their language very loud down there and this just totally adds to the stereotype.
iEatClams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 02:58 AM   #265
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,572 Times in 4,314 Posts
Quote:
lol, Birch Bay Square. Pretty much a grocery store, Jack in the Box and Bob's Burgers. Back in the day it had Levi's, Converse and Champion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TypeRNammer View Post
New WalMart, Target, Costco, Coach, Nike, Old Navy, Olive Garden, Ross, Best Buy. There's also a mall with a Macy's, iirc and a bunch of auto supply stores. It's more like Burlington/Mt. Vernon area.

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-20-2012, 03:18 AM   #266
y'all better put some respeck on my name

Thanked 9,244 Times in 2,359 Posts
LOL, some people...

Harvey Specter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 03:22 AM   #267
#deephouse

Thanked 4,704 Times in 1,243 Posts
That just gives us a bad rep..
knight604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 08:02 AM   #268
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,785 Times in 2,492 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jah Dean View Post
LOL, some people...

see that quote often down there.

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 08:32 AM   #269
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Thanked 1,619 Times in 378 Posts
I think the asian/indian stereotype has some validity,

when you go into costco you see majority of indian people literally crowd the milk like ants to sugar,

and when you go to the gas pumps you see asian's in big vans with 10 jerry cans.

Not sayin whiteys dont do this shit too, hell I jerry can as much as the next guy. but its undeniable that the majority is brown and asian at the milk and gas pumps.

i'd be frustrated as fuck too if I saw that shit every day in my town.

I also see BC lisence plates hard park ALL THE TIME, like its fucking crazy how many spots get left open because BC people take 2 of them up at the mall, one can only assume c-lai.

the locals cant even get on the highway without 100 BC lisence plates backing up the roads for 30 minutes.

I totally get where their coming from,

but fuck em, we want our cheap dairy and gas, we will invade as necessary.
Glove is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-20-2012, 09:28 AM   #270
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,239 Times in 5,600 Posts
Crowd the milk like ants to sugar Lolol
Posted via RS Mobile
Hondaracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 09:37 AM   #271
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,577 Times in 4,294 Posts
It's true tho, have you ever been to the Newton Superstore during a milk sale? I swear it's like WW3 going on.
murd0c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 09:44 AM   #272
Survivor MOD

Thanked 1,615 Times in 574 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by murd0c View Post
It's true tho, have you ever been to the Newton Superstore during a milk sale? I swear it's like WW3 going on.
go in commando style and snag a carton of milk
T4RAWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 10:19 AM   #273
RS.net PIMP

Thanked 3,057 Times in 824 Posts
I kind of understand the frustration of Bellingham residents as well. This is the same reason why I never shop at Superstore or during sales at other stores typically. The crowds, hoarding behavior and rudeness to me just isn't worth it to me, I understand some people are on a tight budget and I don't mean to sound elitist or a snob but to me saving a couple bucks isn't worth it to deal with all that and throw civility out the window, I honestly rather pay more to avoid those crowds and behavior.
7seven is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-20-2012, 10:41 AM   #274
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

I wonder when the Chinese Mainlanders are going to start buying American property. Theyre in for a world of hell as soon as that comes along, let alone us shopping there bugging them
toyobaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 11:20 AM   #275

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyobaru View Post
I wonder when the Chinese Mainlanders are going to start buying American property. Theyre in for a world of hell as soon as that comes along, let alone us shopping there bugging them
Doubt that will happen. No one above the border actually wants to live in Bellingham/Blaine. There's nothing for them there, the place is just a shopping resource for people looking to save some money.
JKam is offline   Reply With Quote