REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 09-16-2012, 03:46 PM   #226
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
The issue is also the people who sell these items. Usually big super markets won't allow people to buy in bulk so what happens these Chinese Mainlanders buy them from smaller shops.

Of coz these smaller stores will sell them in bulk leaving the locals with nothing to buy or even refuse to sell to locals (locals usually buy as much at once however these Chinese Mainlanders will buy out the product). So the locals have to travel to other areas to buy everyday accessories (usually within 30mins of travel time).

I can see why the locals are piss of at this. Think about what will you do if Superstore/ Costco, T&T...... refuse to sell locals anything or have no stock while you see other people buying all of your stock in bulk and made you drive 20mins to get what you want everyday of the year.....
Advertisement
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 07:56 PM   #227
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

I went to Pt Roberts on saturday, huge border line up, I see people even walking into PR and walking out with boxes

I saw huge line up at letter carrier, around the store, almost out on to street.
I went to TSB and store was empty, I was only one there....
Why does everyone use letter carrier?
ImportPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 08:02 PM   #228
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 2,112 Times in 264 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImportPsycho View Post
I went to Pt Roberts on saturday, huge border line up, I see people even walking into PR and walking out with boxes

I saw huge line up at letter carrier, around the store, almost out on to street.
Because it's so much easier walk to the Letter Carrier and walk back. Couple hundred meters away.

I have an account at TSB but am very tempted to try letter carrier.

But that only works if I order small stuff...carrying a 50lb box wouldnt be fun
Volvo-brickster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 08:05 PM   #229
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
It's callled air.
looked at bottom bag, does it look like there is a rectangula base? and its a relatively small garbage bag since he crimple the top already.
extracrunchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 08:20 PM   #230
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Quote:

Just wondering what time did you go? Gotta go next week
Posted via RS Mobile
beatdownvictim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 09:49 PM   #231
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,502 Times in 1,160 Posts
Typical Saturday line up, usually it's a 45+ min wait for the regular line...

Nexus lane is about 20 ish minutes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RX_Renesis View Post
wtf did she get some bolt-on titties or what?
they look sooooooooooo much bigger than they were 2ish years ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nns View Post
I can't stand the sound of Mandarin either. Boo yow nee bey nee shing bo now noong gey shee mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo.
TypeRNammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 05:29 AM   #232
RS controls my life!

Thanked 1,466 Times in 190 Posts
Quote:
Went a few days ago. Saw a middle aged Caucasian man, wearing a full tuxedo, carrying a FULL catback exhaust and walked back to Canada.

On Friday afternoon at 2:30pm, i lined up 10 minutes to and 30 mins back
Posted via RS Mobile
FRStan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 06:28 AM   #233
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

I went on Friday around 4:00PM, only a single car ahead of me entering the US and a dozen when returning to Canada, Massey Tunnel was backed up though. Thank god I was riding my bike and was able to use the HOV lane.
beanzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 09:20 AM   #234
The RS Freebie guru

Thanked 2,491 Times in 860 Posts
Quote:
Location, location, location.
InvisibleSoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 09:53 AM   #235
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,091 Times in 773 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FD2 View Post
Went a few days ago. Saw a middle aged Caucasian man, wearing a full tuxedo, carrying a FULL catback exhaust and walked back to Canada.

Posted via RS Mobile
why the fuck would you ever wait in a 40 minute lineup when you can park right at the border and walk there and back in 15 minutes?
Meowjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 10:20 AM   #236
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,139 Times in 7,148 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp View Post
The issue is also the people who sell these items. Usually big super markets won't allow people to buy in bulk so what happens these Chinese Mainlanders buy them from smaller shops.

Of coz these smaller stores will sell them in bulk leaving the locals with nothing to buy or even refuse to sell to locals (locals usually buy as much at once however these Chinese Mainlanders will buy out the product). So the locals have to travel to other areas to buy everyday accessories (usually within 30mins of travel time).

I can see why the locals are piss of at this. Think about what will you do if Superstore/ Costco, T&T...... refuse to sell locals anything or have no stock while you see other people buying all of your stock in bulk and made you drive 20mins to get what you want everyday of the year.....
I don't know if you have been to bellingham, but if you have, you should notice that a large majority of the stores "the poor locals have to wait in line for" wouldn't exist if it weren't for canadian money being spent there.
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 11:10 AM   #237

Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
I don't know if you have been to bellingham, but if you have, you should notice that a large majority of the stores "the poor locals have to wait in line for" wouldn't exist if it weren't for canadian money being spent there.
I think he's talking about HK/China, not Bellingham haha
JKam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 03:39 PM   #238
UFO
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meowjin View Post
why the fuck would you ever wait in a 40 minute lineup when you can park right at the border and walk there and back in 15 minutes?
Because the garbage bags won't hold gas for that long
UFO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 06:45 PM   #239
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKam View Post
I think he's talking about HK/China, not Bellingham haha
The HK/China example was first being used to demonstrate the similarity with the situation in Bellingham. His reply simply suggests that the Bellingham example is different from HK/China based on the fact those stores are dependent on foreign Canadian money for their continued survival.

Cars:
02' Lexus IS300 5spd
07' BMW 323iA
05' BMW Z4 5spd
06' BMW 330i 6spd
10' Audi A4 quattro
08' BMW M3 6spd
15' Kawasaki Ninja300
08' Yamaha R6
10' Honda Ridgeline
17' Audi Q5
16' BMW X5D

bing is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-18-2012, 12:52 AM   #240
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,091 Times in 773 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by UFO View Post
Because the garbage bags won't hold gas for that long
I lol'd

But seriously, last year there was a 40 minute lineup.

Went to the letter carrier, put 2 tires on each shoulder/arm and walked back across.

400 dollars tires.

0 taxes because I'm a badass.

I couldn't move the next day.

And these were tires for my TL.
Meowjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 10:57 PM   #241
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Quote:
Originally Posted by FD2 View Post

Posted via RS Mobile
This guy sounds awesome
Nightwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 04:06 PM   #242

Thanked 3,502 Times in 1,160 Posts
More complaints about Canadians shopping in the US - News1130

Quote:
Originally Posted by news1130

BELLINGHAM (NEWS1130) - New complaints over people south of the border expressing dislike for Canadians who cross over to shop.

In a letter to the Bellingham Herald, a Lower Mainland man says after shopping for about 90 minutes he returned to his car and found a note on his windshield. He says the writer used a lot of profanity to complain about Canadians and asked him to return home quickly.

Online comments are showing he is not the only one who is experiencing this, some people have also had their cars keyed.

A Facebook page you heard about in the summer "Bellingham Costco needs a special time just for Americans" has also grown in popularity. People are constantly posting their anti-Canadian feelings as well as pictures they've taken of Canadian vehicles that aren't lined up with parking lines on the pavement.

Ken Oplinger, the president of the Whatcom Chamber of Commerce, says Bellingham businesses don't share the sentiment and for Black Friday, they are getting ready to entice us to buy Black Friday bargains.

"We welcome our Canadian friends, they have shopped here for years, we think they're going to continue to shop here for years to come," says Oplinger.

He says even the small mom and pop stores are looking to make Canadians feel more welcome.

"The retailers here are already organizing how they're going to help the folks in line be more comfortable, maybe giving away some additional freebies to them while they're there," adds Oplinger.
Bellingham making some noise again
Quote:
Originally Posted by RX_Renesis View Post
wtf did she get some bolt-on titties or what?
they look sooooooooooo much bigger than they were 2ish years ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nns View Post
I can't stand the sound of Mandarin either. Boo yow nee bey nee shing bo now noong gey shee mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo.
TypeRNammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 05:16 PM   #243
y'all better put some respeck on my name

Thanked 9,244 Times in 2,359 Posts
^
It is getting a bit scary when people are leaving notes and keying cars with BC plates.
Harvey Specter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 05:21 PM   #244
#deephouse

Thanked 4,704 Times in 1,243 Posts
what twats
knight604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 05:55 PM   #245
10psi aint enough...

Really upsets canadian when we are also trying to make ends meet by shopping in states cause our prices are expensive, so we opt down south.
Resulting americans hating canadians thinking we are buying them out, in supplies.

Anyone old to remember when usd was worth way more than canadian dollars? Our $1 was worth so little usd that we lost out when exchanging currency, we would have to pay more for supplies. Meanwhile americans were proud and happy to spend less usd/more cdn $$ to buy our stuff. Did we mind? Were you upset? Did we scratch cars? File complaint? Maybe some canadian complained, I dunno but damn, we kept right on living...
Posted via RS Mobile
HondaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-19-2012, 06:08 PM   #246
I bringith the lowerballerith

Quote:
Originally Posted by HondaGuy View Post
Really upsets canadian when we are also trying to make ends meet by shopping in states cause our prices are expensive, so we opt down south.
Resulting americans hating canadians thinking we are buying them out, in supplies.

Anyone old to remember when usd was worth way more than canadian dollars? Our $1 was worth so little usd that we lost out when exchanging currency, we would have to pay more for supplies. Meanwhile americans were proud and happy to spend less usd/more cdn $$ to buy our stuff. Did we mind? Were you upset? Did we scratch cars? File complaint? Maybe some canadian complained, I dunno but damn, we kept right on living...
Posted via RS Mobile
We Canadians in general have way more class than the Americans will ever have,we don't need to resort to that shit they do,that's why the rest of the world loves Canadians...can't say the same for Americans.
spyker is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-19-2012, 06:58 PM   #247
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jah Dean View Post
^
It is getting a bit scary when people are leaving notes and keying cars with BC plates.
Nah that's just them being MERICAN'!
vantrip is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-19-2012, 07:06 PM   #248
Banned (ABWS)

LOL I could care less about their piece of crap town. Do they think we can't go anywhere else with our money?? Without Canadians that place would be an empty crap hole.
Red-nijzllab is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-19-2012, 08:02 PM   #249
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,496 Times in 4,303 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HondaGuy View Post
Maybe some canadian complained, I dunno but damn, we kept right on living...
Posted via RS Mobile
I met a very patriotic older gentleman who fought in WWII with the Seaforth Highlanders. He told me the difference between Canadians and Americans is that Canadians don't complain. We deal with it.

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 08:50 PM   #250
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,561 Times in 455 Posts
Not that I do a ton of shopping south of the border, but any time I have gone down for the day/afternoon, I've never had any issues.

I think a lot of the problems the Americans have is with a few certain types of, um, "Canadians".

Generally Americans seem to be a bit more racist than the norm, so maybe that has something to do with it?

Not that I agree with the keyed cars (obviously) or the retarded notes being left on windshields, but any issues with rude people and bad drivers I've had, have all come from people with BC plates.

Either way, I don't think people should read too much into this.
Lowered_Klass is offline   Reply With Quote