REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 08-16-2012, 03:24 PM   #1
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

2015 M.Benz C-Class possibly AWD option?

2015 Mercedes-Benz C-class Spy Photos – News – Car and Driver

Quote:
What It Is: A heavily camouflaged fifth-generation C-class (actually the fourth under this moniker, but we'll count the 190) caught testing by our spy photographers in northern Europe. The C most recently received a refresh for 2012, but hasn’t received a full overhaul since 2008.

We expect the new C-class will be faithful to the, er, busy design direction that has become a Mercedes-Benz trademark in recent years. There will be distinctly styled trim levels, with an outgoing Sport package designed and developed in conjunction with AMG.

Platform: Internally called W205, the new C-class will be the first vehicle to stand on Benz's new MRA “Mercedes rear-wheel drive” architecture, which it will share with almost every future RWD-based Mercedes-Benz, including SUV models.

Powertrain: There will be a new generation of gasoline engines available in the upcoming C. The four-cylinder engines, codenamed M274, are based on the M270 recently launched in the B-class. Entry-level offerings will come with a 1.6-liter producing around 150 hp and a 2.0-liter with around 205 hp—Benz will offer a hybrid model based on the latter. There also will be a turbocharged 3.5-liter V-6 making 330 hp. The four-cylinder diesel will use the OM651 engine, which comes in a 140-hp, 1.8-liter (as in the B-class) or a 180-hp and 215-hp, 2.1-liter. The most powerful diesel will be a turbocharged 3.0-liter V-6 making 250 hp. The C-class model that intrigues us most is the follow-up to the C63 AMG—it will be powered by two versions of the M157, a twin-turbocharged 5.5-liter V-8, which will make power in the realm of 460 hp and 520 hp.

The next C-class will have rear-wheel drive as standard, but all-wheel drive will be optional in several versions—possibly including the AMG. A six-speed manual transmission will be offered only on the lesser models, and we hear it will for the first time not be a Mercedes-engineered unit, instead coming from ZF. This transmission will be closely related to the box that ZF sells to BMW, even if all parties involved prefer not to talk about it. Automatics will continue to be made by Mercedes-Benz—and should have no fewer than nine speeds. We’re not sure anyone needs that many gears, but at least Mercedes is catching up with the ZF-supplied box to be offered in future front-drive Chrysler models. Stuttgart would never allow itself to be surpassed by Auburn Hills, after all.
Can't wait to find out if the 2015 C63 AMG comes with AWD
Advertisement
Slow63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 05:51 PM   #2
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 5,223 Times in 1,388 Posts
AWD already comes in several versions just not the AMG spec. C300 and C350 both have available 4Matic.
Akinari is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-16-2012, 06:40 PM   #3
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by akinari-kun View Post
AWD already comes in several versions just not the AMG spec. C300 and C350 both have available 4Matic.
true, but car and driver is most likely talking about the US-spec models. only the 300 sedan comes in 4matic down south for the w204

Last edited by zonda_s; 08-16-2012 at 06:42 PM. Reason: .
zonda_s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 06:47 PM   #4
Trollollolloing RS sine 2005

Thanked 2,471 Times in 704 Posts
they're not gonna make a c63 with AWD
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1exotic View Post
Vtec doesn't kick in on Reverse.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma View Post
its like.. oh yeah oh yeah.. ohhhh yeah... OOoooOohh... why's it suddenly feel a bit better... ohhhh yeahh... ohhh...oh..fuck... it probably ripped.
TOPEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 07:04 PM   #5
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 4,069 Times in 1,253 Posts
2012 and 2015 is already in the works

Quote:
MG1: in fact, a new term needs to make its way into the American dictionary. Trump............ he's such a "Trump" = ultimate insult. Like, "yray, you're such a trump."
bcrdukes yray fucked bcrdukes up the nose

dapperfied yraisis
dapperfied yray so waisis

FastAnna you literally talk out your ass
FastAnna i really cant
FastAnna yray i cant stand you
yray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 07:06 PM   #6
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Quote:
A six-speed manual transmission will be offered only on the lesser models, and we hear it will for the first time not be a Mercedes-engineered unit, instead coming from ZF. This transmission will be closely related to the box that ZF sells to BMW
Should focus on this instead.
S1 S2 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-16-2012, 07:43 PM   #7
Need to Seek Professional Help

Thanked 1,187 Times in 360 Posts
I personally don't get what the big deal about AWD is.

You pay extra up front
You pay more in gas
You suffer in handling
All for a feature which gets used maybe once or twice a year?

A pair of snow tires and rims is not only cheaper, but will have much more effect than AWD in terms of Turning and Stopping in snow.
AstulzerRZD is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-16-2012, 09:56 PM   #8
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

The C250 lease specials have 4Motion too. That thing must be dreadfully slow with the 1.8T

2013 Lexus IS350 F-Sport (Melbourne)
too_slow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 10:02 PM   #9
YOU CANT CUT BACK ON FUNDING! YOU WILL REGRET THIS

Thanked 3,092 Times in 1,038 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AstulzerRZD View Post

You pay extra up front
You pay more in gas
You suffer in handling

A pair of snow tires and rims is not only cheaper, but will have much more effect than AWD in terms of Turning and Stopping in snow.
keep in mind that though this may be very true in Vancouver, there are plenty of other cities in Canada that though plowed, may be relatively more difficult to navigate in the snow with a RWD/FWD car on snow tires.
Old 08-16-2012, 10:32 PM   #10
Trollollolloing RS sine 2005

Thanked 2,471 Times in 704 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AstulzerRZD View Post

You pay extra up front
You pay more in gas
You suffer in handling

the BIG DEAL abt AWD is, c-lais/un educated people will automatically assume AWD with SAFETY in rain/snow/poor conditions, thats y theres so much more stock of 4matic/xdrive when compared to their RWD equivalents at car dealers
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1exotic View Post
Vtec doesn't kick in on Reverse.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma View Post
its like.. oh yeah oh yeah.. ohhhh yeah... OOoooOohh... why's it suddenly feel a bit better... ohhhh yeahh... ohhh...oh..fuck... it probably ripped.
TOPEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 10:43 PM   #11
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Thanked 2,093 Times in 452 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOPEC View Post
they're not gonna make a c63 with AWD
Add more power, no traction until 6th gear .
This post thanked by:
Old 08-16-2012, 11:01 PM   #12
I STILL don't get it

C63 will become interesting to me when they start offering it in manual
wstce92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 11:33 PM   #13
#savethemanuals

Thanked 2,551 Times in 950 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wstce92 View Post
C63 will become interesting to me when they start offering it in manual
Sadly, this probably won't ever happen

If the c63 was manual only there would be less rich kids driving it.
Energy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 02:49 AM   #14
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 7,449 Times in 1,438 Posts
LOL, Vancouverites are pussies. The people in the prairies can drive around with 4 season tires in snow and can handle their non-4wd car like god.

Mercedes offers manual gearbox, but nobody buys it. The sales told me he has never sold a single manual mercedes in the past 5 years, there were some SLK and 4cyc c-class owners who demanded stick shift, but he said those are very rare cases.

I've driven the last gen manual SLK350, it's not an enthusiast would want to have. Imagine a LS430 with stick shift feels like.
asian_XL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 10:56 AM   #15
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

I would love to have a 6speed in my benz....but with the crappy market for mb clutches, getting raped over hot coals would be a definate when buying a OEM clutch.
"Just because any car nut can tell you every possible performance specification of a Ferrari doesn't mean he can drive. Most of these people live in places where they've never even seen a Ferrari, much less ever owned one themselves."
Supafly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 04:28 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by asian_XL View Post
LOL, Vancouverites are pussies. The people in the prairies can drive around with 4 season tires in snow and can handle their non-4wd car like god.

Mercedes offers manual gearbox, but nobody buys it. The sales told me he has never sold a single manual mercedes in the past 5 years, there were some SLK and 4cyc c-class owners who demanded stick shift, but he said those are very rare cases.

I've driven the last gen manual SLK350, it's not an enthusiast would want to have. Imagine a LS430 with stick shift feels like.
The clutch would probably be electronic edit: and wangan arcade shifter

Last edited by AstulzerRZD; 08-17-2012 at 04:34 PM.
Old 08-17-2012, 04:29 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOPEC View Post
the BIG DEAL abt AWD is, c-lais/un educated people will automatically assume AWD with SAFETY in rain/snow/poor conditions, thats y theres so much more stock of 4matic/xdrive when compared to their RWD equivalents at car dealers
We can thank Mercedes and the radio commercials that they aired stating that 4Matic would help cars stop and turn during snowy winter conditions

Imagine if they started advertising Winter Driving/High Performance driving classes for c-lais over the radio
Old 08-17-2012, 07:41 PM   #18
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Thanked 1,070 Times in 229 Posts
i don't see much point for an awd amg. don't see how this is that interesting
Shorn is offline   Reply With Quote