REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Relationship & Gender Discussion

Relationship & Gender Discussion THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
The thin line between love and hate
Mature discussion about understanding the opposite sex...

Old 08-17-2012, 12:52 AM   #1
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Jealousy

Being a jealous guy, i over think really easily.. It all began almost a year ago, i was picking up my GF from university and usually we would hold hands while im driving, but this one day she would always let go of my hand and use two hands to text. Its not that common for her to recieve texts constantly or for her to text constantly. Didnt really bother me much, just shruged it off. We decided to eat at red robins on broadway and oak. while ordering, waiting for food, she still couldnt keep her hands off her phone. so i finally asked her, who is she texting? she then told me it was someone she met today Being herself, when she saids "someone" it usually means a guy. So i was pretty pissed that she rather spend her time texting this guy and not spending time with me when i sacarficed my time to pick her up... We had a huge arguement and eventually we solved it.

Next week or so, she would do this again on the way back from university, but this time not as constant. She was hungry so we got take out from and i asked her if anyone asked for her number today as a joke.. She then said yes and gave him her number so that lead to another arguement..

fast forward

last week she woke up late and rushed to work. She texts me saying shes hungry and im like make something small to drink or eat at work. I dont know why, she then flipped and said she'll text me later...i was only trying to help.. anyways today we were just talking about random stuff and that it seems like she treats her friends better than she treats me (including the first guy she gave her number to at university). shes denies it so we went over her texts with that guy from university and on that same day she got pissed at me cause she woke up late, she was having a friendly chat with him about sending food to her thru the phone......

that got me really worried and overly jealous and for some reason i just got concerned since school was starting for her again. I tried to ask her not to give out her number so easily, but it seems like it was really hard for her to not. we eventually came to an agreement that if its only school related since in university, u need to depend on other people to pass the course?? Being the jealous guy i am, i went further into details and brought up the first guy she gave her number to. i remember one of the texts on the first day was like asking where she lives and what shes eating for dinner.. so i asked her if that was "school related".. eventually she admit she was looking for friendship too.. then her excuse about not spending time with me during that drive to red robins & while waiting for the food was because texting a "new" person is really fun.. So i asked her if im boring and shes like " no,u are fun, but just texting a new person is more fun"...how fun could it be unless theyre flirting?.. right now im scared and jealous that shes going to make more "guy" friends and treat them better than she treats her own bf and possibly lead to more than jsut friends.. And she has hid stuff from me before, but never cheated on me or flirted with another guy. Should i be concerned and worried or not??

Last edited by 8thcivic; 08-19-2012 at 12:19 AM.
8thcivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 02:10 AM   #2
ek1
Need to Seek Professional Help

you just need to trust her and not overthink if you want this relationship to work, if this jealousy can't be controlled and you stop trusting her then you might as well end it here because there is no real relationship without trust
Old 08-17-2012, 04:19 AM   #3
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,079 Times in 368 Posts
This seems really bizarre to me. Would your gf mind if you started asking random women for numbers and texting them? Whether or not your gf talks to these men for school or friendship, I seriously doubt that those men have the exact same objectives and nothing more. If it's only for school, then sure, but a man asking a random woman for her number just because he only wants to be friends and nothing more? Okay.

Last edited by Matlock; 08-17-2012 at 04:40 AM.
Matlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 05:34 AM   #4
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 1,379 Times in 578 Posts
your girl is just keeping her options open. There is really nothing you can do, being jealous and overprotective isn't gonna make her stop. She is either gonna dump your ass or do it behind your back anyways.

Just ignore her, work on yourself make her see that she already has the best option there is and she better treasure it. Know your bottom line and make sure she knows your bottom line if she dare to hit it than make sure you live up to your words.
threezero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 06:01 AM   #5
is best wrench

Thanked 1,208 Times in 272 Posts
A girl does not like someone who is so over protective. You might as well keep her in a box for yourself. Learn to sway away from being the jealous type. Improve on yourself when she isn't there and stop being so easily bugged about the smallest things.

Not being to hold her hand and you have such a big reaction. What if she said no to sex? What would you do?

Relax, don't be so concerned and definitely don't overreact

Remember, if you can't trust her, at least trust yourself.
monkeywrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 08:23 AM   #6
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,057 Times in 429 Posts
Uve already stated that it bothers u when she gives out her number that easily to new guys, and that talkin to them about none school related stuff isnt cool. But shes continueing to do so, so ur only option is to trust her now cause the jealously thing is only gonnna drive her away and make her mad at u in turn. Everyone knows those guys only intention is to get into ur gfs pants, thats obvious. Personally what i would do is try and treat her alil better and either fake talking to another girl or do it for real and see how she likes it. Cause imo shes already crossing the line alil bit by flirting with another guy over txt cause it may lead to something.
RiceIntegraRS is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-17-2012, 09:42 AM   #7
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

has your gf made sure to point it out that she has a bf? that's my question and as said up above, the flirting is a big nono, no matter what she says about it being fun..
Old 08-17-2012, 09:48 AM   #8
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
LOL she is keeping her options open. Why would any girl or anyone just gives their phone number out to random guys/girls lol. If it is her classmate for project then I don't see an issue.

What you need to do is don't be so over protective. Dont keep texting her. Like only text her once every few days to make plans, don't answer her text right away. Show her that you have a social life without her. Also sometimes let her text you first. Girls are like that the more you ingore them the more they want you.
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-17-2012, 10:01 AM   #9
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 2,346 Times in 973 Posts
who the fuck do you think you are by saying who she should give her number away. That's just epic gay of you and hey, even your title says JEALOUSY, maybe you need to ask us how to SOLVE your jealousy issues instead of being so hard on your gf?

what you DO have a right to be mad is how she treats you. The ONLY thing you can tlak about is "I do not feel comfortable when we are having dinner and you're fucking texting"
it's rude and it's disrespectful. You on the other hand hvae to not text also.

lastly, stop being the good guy in the relationship, have her DRIVE, have her MAKE you food also. The day you stop being her bitch maybe the day when you get some attention back.
6793026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 10:11 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6793026 View Post
who the fuck do you think you are by saying who she should give her number away. That's just epic gay of you and hey, even your title says JEALOUSY, maybe you need to ask us how to SOLVE your jealousy issues instead of being so hard on your gf?

what you DO have a right to be mad is how she treats you. The ONLY thing you can tlak about is "I do not feel comfortable when we are having dinner and you're fucking texting"
it's rude and it's disrespectful. You on the other hand hvae to not text also.

lastly, stop being the good guy in the relationship, have her DRIVE, have her MAKE you food also. The day you stop being her bitch maybe the day when you get some attention back.
Her BF, chill out bro. This sort of thing I feel is allowed in relationships, I don't see it as a jealousy thing... more like a code of relationship conduct, either way, she has agreed to it. I myself don't set these sort of limits, but I feel it's understandable.
Old 08-17-2012, 10:27 AM   #11
RS controls my life!

You need to start giving less shit about who she meets at school.

She needs to start learning some etiquette when she hangs out with you. Texting a guy is not the problem. Its that she is pre-occupied with her phone while she is out having dinner or whatever with you. I consider that rude and disrespectful of my time.

Just reading from what you wrote though, it seems like she only seeks you for food or ride?. When you replied with "go cook yourself", she goes apeshit? All of while she is having fun texting with other guys...
GGnoRE is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-17-2012, 10:38 AM   #12
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 3,492 Times in 1,176 Posts
I'm not sure if it is you being jealous so much as it is her being pretty damn rude.

Yeah, you may have some jealousy 'issues', but I don't necessarily think that is the problem here. I seems that she is being a little disrespectful of you and your relationship. Although I am not a proponent of arguments, instead of focusing on you being jealous, focus on her being rude and disrespectful.

Does she not value you or the relationship?
dinosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-17-2012, 10:43 AM   #13
How I Mod your mother

This is what I've gathered from reading your post:

1) She's keeping her options open
2) She clearly doesnt give a shit about what your concerns
3) She doesnt give a shit about your time together
4) She hasn't let any of the dudes she's met know she has a bf

If a girl is obviously keeping her options open and then LYING to you about it, is that the sort of girl you really want to be spending your time with?

She can't be that naive and actually believes this dude wants her number so they can go shopping/study together.

In my honest opinion, you should save yourself the trouble and get rid of her.
[19-07, 16:52] bloodmack: EB did u change my avatar and title?
Quote:
[19-07, 16:54] El Bastardo: bm i have no idea what you're talking about because i don't speak gorilla
!Yaminashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 10:47 AM   #14
nuggets mod

Thanked 3,799 Times in 981 Posts
Unfortunately, you need to be more casual about your relationship. You need to do this for two reasons:
1. By not crowding her and being 'over protective', it'll ease up the tension in the relationship so you guys can work on more important stuff.
2. You won't be as hurt when she leaves you.

edit: after re-reading the part about the 'steak through the phone', she's either a) stupid and naive, or b) evil. That's flirting, and she should know it.
Old 08-17-2012, 10:56 AM   #15
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8thcivic View Post
eventually she admit she was looking for friendship too.. then her excuse about not spending time with me during that drive to red robins & while waiting for the food was because texting a "new" person is really fun.. So i asked her if im boring and shes like " no,u are fun, but just texting a new person is more fun"
That says it all right there.

Rude, inconsiderate, and disrespectful. Do you want your SO to treat you like that?
Old 08-17-2012, 11:10 AM   #16
The Brown Reason

Thanked 5,863 Times in 1,525 Posts
if you cant trust her what the hell is the point of being with her. give her space, don't be overbearing. Let her do as she wishes but just don't be too spineless to break shit off with her if she is in fact going beyond just texting other guys.
BrRsn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 12:03 PM   #17

Thanked 1,352 Times in 445 Posts
This girl is bad news. I don't think she's cheating on you ..yet. She even gave you a heads up, and said she likes talking to new guys becauses she's bored, and its exciting. Well guess what.. Those are the exact same reason a woman cheats, especially after being married.

I get the impression she is a cheating time bomb. If start talking to women with the intention of making her jealous, that will backfire. When push comes to shove, she knows your weakness (jealousy) and she will kick you in the balls with it.

She obviuosly doesn't respect you as a bf, as she's doing things which she knows bother you.

There isn't a clear cut way to handle her. I would focus on yourself. Workout. Make new friends (females - but don't tell her. She obvs has no problem not telling you).

Also, learn to distance yourself, for when and if that day comes, you can brush her off your shoulders and move on.

She also sounds like a spoiled girl that craves attention. If you ignore her on purpose, and to 'teach her a lesson', this will also backfire. She doesn't respect you, and pretty much has you wrapped around her pinky.

Picking a girl up, making her dinner, giving her the world, nothing wrong with that. IF the girl deserves it.

If I were in your shoes, I'd man up, and start working on a plan B.
vafanculo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-17-2012, 01:33 PM   #18
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
I hate it when ppl text during dinner.
I went to a speed dating event once, and there is this girl who just keeps texting. Doesn't care about the guys that's she is chatting with. When it was my turn the first thing I ask was "Do you find talking to other ppl while texting to be rude?" LOL So she wasn't really happy about it. But hey you are there to meet new people, texting to your friends alll night isn't exactly meeting new ppl and I can't beleive the guys put up with it......
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 01:48 PM   #19
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Sorry if i didnt make it clear, but shes only giving out her number to people in her class who ask. Also she actually does let other people know that she has a bf, well thats how we solved the first arguement by telling her to let them know shes taken.. And the way she talked to that guy about the steak, she saids thats how she talks to other friends including some girls. It may not seem like flirting to her but to me it does. Also i do not plan on talking to other girls to make her jealous and stuff. Please dont say "get rid of her" or "dump her" because i really love this girl and i would do anything to keep us together. I hope she would do the same too. So thats why im here asking for help and seeing what ur thoughts are so i can improve and stop being jealous.
8thcivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 02:09 PM   #20
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
i would do anything to keep us together.
I am never a proponent of "dumb the bitch", but do not sacrifice your own integrity to please someone else.

Again, I don't think you have a 'jealousy' issue...I think you have a rude and inconsiderate gf.
This post thanked by:
Old 08-17-2012, 02:10 PM   #21
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

how long you been together? less than a year? dump her ass
blkgsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 02:12 PM   #22
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,463 Times in 1,127 Posts
You can't stop being jealous because that who you are as a person.

I think it's unrealistic to think you can change someone's behaviour while in a relationship. People change by themselves and not as a result of prodding by someone else.

You seem to be inexperienced when it comes to relationships - you may think you love this woman, but I think you're infatuated because she is likely physically attractive. It's hard to withdraw, but at your age and considering that you're in school, the majority of women are attractive and fun to be around. You just need to find one that is attractive and wants to be in a relationship on your terms.
Tapioca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 02:55 PM   #23
Need to Seek Professional Help

Quote:
Sorry if i didnt make it clear, but shes only giving out her number to people in her class who ask. Also she actually does let other people know that she has a bf, well thats how we solved the first arguement by telling her to let them know shes taken.. And the way she talked to that guy about the steak, she saids thats how she talks to other friends including some girls. It may not seem like flirting to her but to me it does. Also i do not plan on talking to other girls to make her jealous and stuff. Please dont say "get rid of her" or "dump her" because i really love this girl and i would do anything to keep us together. I hope she would do the same too. So thats why im here asking for help and seeing what ur thoughts are so i can improve and stop being jealous.
Spoiler!

sorry long read

edit : adding tl;dr

op situation similar to my own situation that happened.

-she shows interest in someone/someone shows interest in her/combination of both
unconcious of her actions, continues even in your face

-when you point it out, she defends self, making excuses and security tightens
*you then notice she does it less, but still continues. you get the hint somethings up

-she assures you the guys know she has a bf, and anything to calm you down because thats what you want to hear
*reality: she might twist the words around to keep new guy at arms length and holding on
**reason: she has you. but she also has him. she has nothing to lose, everything to gain. you're both strung onto her

-jealousy digs your grave. you're pushing her away.
*the more you hold onto her in a jail, the more she'll want to break free

-its futile. give it up. she'll leave sooner or later.
*from sounds of it, she's already halfway gone

-harder you try, more it hurts
-don't try, nothing changes.

-op in a lose lose situation with how the girl is treating him

Last edited by impulseX; 08-17-2012 at 11:56 PM.
impulseX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 04:07 PM   #24
How I Mod your mother

^Hit the nail on the head

Women that absolutely always need to have something fresh and exciting will be single forever. Like I said before, real women know what they want and understand a relationship takes work to last, not skittles and flirty text messages.

You need a woman. Not a girl.
[19-07, 16:52] bloodmack: EB did u change my avatar and title?
Quote:
[19-07, 16:54] El Bastardo: bm i have no idea what you're talking about because i don't speak gorilla
!Yaminashi is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-17-2012, 04:15 PM   #25
nuggets mod

Thanked 3,799 Times in 981 Posts
Quote:
... Also i do not plan on talking to other girls to make her jealous and stuff.
This is not the way to solve the problem. It might be "fair", but I don't think it will help you two stay together.