REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Non-REVscene Social Meets

Non-REVscene Social Meets Represent! Sport our official RS Gear from Shop.Revscene.net
Now re-opened! All unofficial meets and last minute cruises arranged in here. Includes VLS/VAC Social meets for members to meet and interact. Sorry, no official meets and no paid events solicitations. REVscene is not responsible for meets and events posted in here. We reserved the right to remove all questionable material posted in this forum with or without cause. This is a free service, do not abuse it. #revscene. Follow us on Twitter | fb | Youtube | Vimeo

Old 08-20-2012, 03:27 PM   #1
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

5th Annual September Summer Drive

Hi Guys,

Nice to see everyone at the RevScene meet. I realize many people aren't comfortable driving their cars for long distances or are unable to be away from mummy for more than a day but I thought this is a route that some die-hard drivers may appreciate.

Outline of Route:
Sept. 8, 9 and 10

Don't be overwhelmed, we have lots experience in these multi-day drives and have prepared for anything. We have a load truck that hauls the camping gear. Talkies to stay in contact. Pre mapped routes with reservations at our camp spots (running water, potties and all the pleasures of a BC Parks camp ground). This is a drive that is not meant to be tiring on the drivers but has routine stops with fruit farms, wineries and the best swimming lakes in BC.
No Stretch is over 2 hours without a stop and no day exceeds 6.5 hours of drive time.

Now that being said, this drive isn't just for passengers with their cameras and sightseeing all the way... us behind the wheel get to have fun too.
There will be a time attack (about 8 min. route) on the first day, timed and secured road, filled with switchbacks. On the second day we have a lake crossing... don't worry, no cars will be getting wet, but if the wives gossip over the walkies like last year we may toss them overboard. Our third day ends with a short but spirited drive finishing with the 'first year of the Duffy Lake road completely paved', which I'm sure you all know and love.

The Starts'n Stops:
Here is our itinerary for this years loop.

Day 1 - 8 Hour total (includes stops)
7:00 - We have an early roll out from Vancouver's Chevron on Grandview Highway, just off Highway 1.
8:30 - Top Up at Chevron in Hope, and our morning Timmies stop.
10:00 - Manning Park Stop
1:00 - Osoyoos gas up and lunch with a local winery stop if permitting
5:00 - Arrive at our First Camp site at Christina Lake
- Some of you may know about this beautiful lake but for those who don't, Christina Lake is a resort town. Best known for sunny summers and reputedly the warmest tree-lined lake in Canada. Some of the best swimming and fishing in all of BC.

Day 2
Morning wake up with your packed breakfast - I bring coffee bacon eggs... the whole meal deal and cook up on one of the many BBQ's we have.
We try to leave round 9 to 10 but everybody can be a little lazy after the previous nights drinks.

Target Departure time:
9:00 - Depart Christina Lake
10:30 - Nelson gas up
11:30 - Kaslo Fruit farms/stands: going through the seasonal helli-skiing mountain pass, an epic section of the drive which is SURE to amaze.
1:30 - Fauquier's ferry
3:30 - Vernon gas up
4:45 - Kamloops to stock up for the evenings dinner and a beer or two
6:30 - Arrive at our second nights camp stop at Juniper Beach
- At this point you have three options

1. Stay for dinner and head home along the Coquihalla for a 3.5 hour relaxed drive to get back by 11pm, not my suggestion but for those that work early the next day.

2. Camp the night and take the Coquihalla home the next morning for a rough 1 to 2pm arrival time, for those who work the evening shift Monday.

3. Camp the night and take the great Duffy lake route with the rest of us to arrive at 5pmish. Worth your time!

Day 3
To complete the 'Loop'

Leaving Juniper after a swim and breakfast for a afternoon departure
12:00 - Leave from Juniper beach camp ground
1:00 - Seton Lake lunch stop and off through the pass to Duffy Lake Road
3:00 - Pemberton stop and gas up
4:30 - Squamish Pub stop for dinner
5:30 - Break away and head home.

Well If you have actually read this far you must have some balls. This seems like a serious route but every year we have new people join us and they always have only great things to say. You see the real British Columbia in all it's forms, the desert, forests, lakes, shear mountains and wild life you would only see in the zoo. It is an experience we wait for all year. Come join us.

I will include the overall route and some pictures below. Post up, message or call/text me at 604 442 9325 if you have any interest. Jon

We generally have anywhere between 5 to 8 cars and two people per car.
Here is a price chart just to give you a reference of cost associated with the trip and a 'Things to bring" list.

Per Car
Gas - Less than $250
Camp sites - $40 for both sites
Food - $100 to $150, how hungry are you?
Ferry - free

Things to Bring
Camp gear
- Tent, Sleeping bag, Sleeping pad.
- Grill, Folding chair, Cooking gear
- Utensils, Mug
- Water, Food, Beer, Puff

See 'The Loop' here
https://maps.google.ca/maps/ms?msid=...1b2937df&msa=0

Christina Lake

Manning park Lookout (Switchbacks baby!)

Fauquier Ferry

Juniper Beach Camp site

Duffy Lake Road
Advertisement

Last edited by GenesisCoupe; 08-20-2012 at 03:41 PM.
GenesisCoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-07-2012, 07:31 PM   #2
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

Not even a comment.

Well just for next time, was the route too long? Or do people just no enjoy camping? Both?

It'll be good to know for next year. Will post pics.
GenesisCoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 08:47 PM   #3
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

honestly very down for this,but 3 days days is to much.wouldn't mind going for 2 night camp.and head back to.van
Posted via RS Mobile
BlueSedanRUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 11:17 PM   #4
I am Hook'd on RS

I would be interested in coming along, but as it turns out, I have to work on the 8th.
Kanadain is offline   Reply With Quote