REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Police Forum

Police Forum Police Head Mod: Skidmark
Questions & info about the Motor Vehicle Act. Mature discussion only.

Old 01-05-2013, 02:39 PM   #26
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Thanked 1,070 Times in 229 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by z-33 View Post
anybody know where i can download the first season? cant seem to find any torrents.

thanks
same, seems like an interesting show but can't find it anywhere. only found the australian ones
Advertisement
Shorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 05:52 PM   #27
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,502 Times in 1,160 Posts
Global tv should be airing it tonight at 7pm!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RX_Renesis View Post
wtf did she get some bolt-on titties or what?
they look sooooooooooo much bigger than they were 2ish years ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nns View Post
I can't stand the sound of Mandarin either. Boo yow nee bey nee shing bo now noong gey shee mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo.
TypeRNammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 06:36 PM   #28
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,186 Times in 929 Posts
Saw one of my friend's caught on the show bahaha
Posted via RS Mobile
JSALES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 08:13 PM   #29
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

The guy with the baton lol?
i don't think i ever played a game as a kid where you punch each other in the dick.
J-Chow is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-09-2013, 04:55 PM   #30
10psi aint enough...

Suppose to have a border crossing show this friday 7et/4pt...
But still searching digi box for channel.

Will report back tomorrow when schedule posted.

Cant wait to see... Looks interesting
Posted via RS Mobile
HondaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 07:05 PM   #31
manage the cap you say????

Thanked 3,613 Times in 1,181 Posts
i love this series

damn

that dude with the undeclared 40g is lucky to only been fined level 1/ level A

\\ ______
  \(ಠ益ಠ)
   >  ヽ
   /   へ\
   /  / \\
   レ ノ   ヽ_つ ayyy lmao
  / /
  / /|
 ( (ヽ
 | |、\
 | 丿 \ ⌒)
 | |  ) /
`ノ )  Lノ
Not really racist! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 08:02 PM   #32
VAC Head Rotang Mod

Thanked 1,427 Times in 627 Posts

My Feedback (10-0-0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fei-Ji View Post
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Raid3n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 08:24 PM   #33
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,186 Times in 929 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Chow View Post
The guy with the baton lol?
who knows, could be the guy with the 30 G's
JSALES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 09:33 PM   #34
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Maybe it was the guy that flipped out after he had to put his shit back together
jackmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 11:14 AM   #35
10psi aint enough...

Found it... Channel 48, on at 4-5pm today.
Posted via RS Mobile
HondaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 02:24 PM   #36
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,502 Times in 1,160 Posts
Online petition launched to cancel "Border Security" TV show | News1130

You guys probably heard about this already.

CBSA and the TV show are getting in shit because they raided a couple of construction sites for illegal immigrants
Quote:
Originally Posted by RX_Renesis View Post
wtf did she get some bolt-on titties or what?
they look sooooooooooo much bigger than they were 2ish years ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nns View Post
I can't stand the sound of Mandarin either. Boo yow nee bey nee shing bo now noong gey shee mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo.
TypeRNammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 05:54 PM   #37
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 1,557 Times in 511 Posts
Is there anywhere you can stream this show???

Current:
2006 Honda Fourtrax Rancher 400cc ATV (Offroad trails + Winter Snow Plow)
1995 Toyota Tacoma (Toy Hauler)
2003 Honda Civic SIR (Daily Beater)
2018 KTM 390 Duke (Gas Saver)
2017 Subaru WRX Sport-Tech + STI 6MT (Weekend Track)

Past:
2014 Honda Grom
1971 MG MGB Tourer
Kayo MR125 Race Bike
2001 Honda Odyssey
2009 Toyota Corolla CE
2007 Honda Ruckus
2007 Husqvarna SM610 SuperMoto
2001 Honda S2000
Dragon-88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 06:57 PM   #38
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Youtube?

Old 03-19-2013, 07:15 PM   #39
RS Peace Officer

Thanked 1,636 Times in 683 Posts
The fact that the immigration lawyers are screaming out againt it makes me think the CBSA and the show producers did the right thing.
zulutango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 08:15 PM   #40
Wanna have a threesome?

Thanked 5,054 Times in 1,657 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zulutango View Post
The fact that the immigration lawyers are screaming out againt it makes me think the CBSA and the show producers did the right thing.
I dislike a significant contingent of immigration lawyers.

I strongly disagree with the premise of this show, however.

The featured foreign workers are not legal residents, but they are not criminals.

The workers emigrate from Guatemala, El Salvador, Mexico, and other countries ranking low on development indexes, because it enables them to change the lives of their entire families. They often have no family here, and no connection to home above a pre-paid calling card. They're subject to systemic abuse of labour standards, they take positions that very few citizens would accept, they're the downtrodden backbone of our agriculture, and, to a lesser extent, construction industries. They're good men, they're more hard working and reliable than anyone, they're content to lead simple lives to send savings home. They all pay consumption taxes, they willfully pay income tax. All that's of no consequence though, because the moment they're taken into immigration custody it ends. They've run out of time, they won't send money home again. That moment is one of the worst they'll ever experience. Can you imagine, your career summarily and (to an extent) arbitrarily ending?

The voyeuristic concept is only acceptable because they're not one of us.

They're not of us because they didn't come out ahead in the sperm lottery.

The show promotes xenophobia and takes advantage of a marginal population; subsequently, directing us towards broken American partisan immigration politics.

I sincerely hope, Vancouver City Council and neighboring municipalities pass bylaws to prevent the filming; Toronto has set precedence for it.
MindBomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 08:23 PM   #41

Thanked 5,474 Times in 2,095 Posts
BandQueero's channel - YouTube

Uploaded season 1 episodes
Old 03-19-2013, 08:28 PM   #42
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Thanked 1,532 Times in 479 Posts
At the same time, we have legal immigration methods in place for a reason. They might not be the criminals you grow up to fear, but the act of coming here to live illegally is a crime that should not be taken lightly.

To those who took the steps required to come here legally, it's a slap in the face, and I don't think that's fair. You can argue over human rights as much as you want, but slipping through the cracks to live here is not right.
Yodamaster is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-19-2013, 08:47 PM   #43
Wanna have a threesome?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodamaster View Post
At the same time, we have legal immigration methods in place for a reason. They might not be the criminals you grow up to fear, but the act of coming here to live illegally is a crime that should not be taken lightly.

To those who took the steps required to come here legally, it's a slap in the face, and I don't think that's fair. You can argue over human rights as much as you want, but slipping through the cracks to live here is not right.
I don't disagree; in today's global society, our level of opportunity and standard of living is a privilege not a fundamental right. It is therefore unfortunate, but ultimately necessary, to enforce immigration laws. It should be done with compassion though, because these men are victims and offenders simultaneously. The premise of this show could not be further from compassion. And once again, I'll say, only acceptable, because it features a marginal population.

Last edited by MindBomber; 03-21-2013 at 02:40 AM.
Old 03-20-2013, 04:53 AM   #44
RS controls my life!

they are still asked to sign waivers though... if they don't sign then they are blured out or the footage isn't used. so why is everyone complaining? they got caught and it just so happened to be while filming a tv show. doesn't mean they wouldn't have been caught if there was no show, and they had the right to opt out. i don't get it.
jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 07:50 PM   #45
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackal View Post
they are still asked to sign waivers though... if they don't sign then they are blured out or the footage isn't used. so why is everyone complaining? they got caught and it just so happened to be while filming a tv show. doesn't mean they wouldn't have been caught if there was no show, and they had the right to opt out. i don't get it.
You know... THIS, exactly. All this bleating about "privacy", NOBODY is shown or identified unless they agree to it.

The complainers make it sound like the whole show is about hunting down hoardes of illegal workers and taking them down in best COPS fashion - I think this is only the SECOND TIME the agents on this show have even looked at illegal immigrants, and in this case there was one particular person they were after, and merely stumbled across all the others.

This is a classic example the The Streisand Effect - you want your privacy? Congratulations, you just blew it for yourself. If you'd kept quiet, the episode would have aired months from now with everyone's identity hidden; instead, everyone now knows who you and your poor distraught families are. Good work, human rights advocates!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 07:52 PM   #46
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MindBomber View Post
The premise of this show could not be further from compassion. And once again, I'll say, only acceptable, because it features a marginal population.
And what exactly is the "premise of the show"? It's not "hunting illegal immigrants in the wild frontier of Canada", it's EVERYTHING that CBSA does. from watching for drug dealers and human traffickers, to checking that granny isn't bringing over her allowance of Washington state win across the border.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 12:51 AM   #47

Thanked 5,474 Times in 2,095 Posts
HNNNNNNGGG the female officers on this show....
Posted via RS Mobile
jeedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 02:37 AM   #48
Wanna have a threesome?

Quote:
The waivers are not significant; its safe to assume, the men did not understand what they were reading. Migrant labourers possess limited English skills and are unfamiliar with our legal system. Unless a spanish speaking lawyer was present at the time of signing, I doubt they'd stand up to serious challenge. At my prior company, we laid off three migrant labourers; they were given ROEs and information on how to collect employment insurance. Despite several very thorough explanations, the guys would call or come into our office frequently for several weeks because they didn't really get it. The men in the show likely had a similar comprehension of the agreements.

The deportations are bound to happen, but the show turns them into a sideshow, and in doing so, takes advantage of the suffering of a vulnerable group.

Last edited by MindBomber; 03-21-2013 at 05:00 AM.
Old 03-21-2013, 04:57 AM   #49
RS controls my life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MindBomber View Post
The waivers are not significant; its safe to assume, the men did not understand what they said. Migrant labourers possess limited English skills and are unfamiliar with our legal system. Unless a spanish speaking lawyer was present at the time of signing, I doubt they'd stand up to serious challenge. At my prior company, we laid off three migrant labourers; they were given ROEs and information on how to collect employment insurance. Despite several very thorough explanations, the guys would call or come into our office frequently for several weeks because they didn't really get it. The men in the show likely had a similar comprehension of what the agreements.

The deportations are bound to happen, but the show turns them into a sideshow, and in doing so, takes advantage of the suffering of a vulnerable group.

except the guy making all the huff and puff about this (the guy deported yesterday) spoke english just fine.
jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 05:28 AM   #50
Wanna have a threesome?

Quote:
except the guy making all the huff and puff about this (the guy deported yesterday) spoke english just fine.
Over the years, I've worked with about twenty migrant workers.

A few have been here for many years; through practice, they're experienced enough with English to hold a shallow conversation quite well. The type of conversation one might hold over lunch on a construction site. As soon as you begin discussing anything meaningful or complex, they glaze over or simply nod and agree (which they're able to do surprisingly convincingly). They don't have an opportunity to practice reading and writing, so those skills never develop. I work with one who has been here for over a decade; he's pretty capable with spoken English, but I need to draw an x to mark a destination on a map, because he can't read street names. The adage, never sign something you haven't read, is quite pertinent, because these guys can't read what they're signing.

I haven't watched the show, so I didn't see the people speaking, but unless their English abilities are dramatic departures from my experience, what you saw doesn't refute my point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundy View Post
And what exactly is the "premise of the show"? It's not "hunting illegal immigrants in the wild frontier of Canada", it's EVERYTHING that CBSA does. from watching for drug dealers and human traffickers, to checking that granny isn't bringing over her allowance of Washington state win across the border.
Apologies; the noun "show" takes singular and plural forms, and I intended the former of the two. To be clear, "premise of the episode."

Last edited by MindBomber; 03-21-2013 at 06:04 AM.