REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > House and Home Renovations

House and Home Renovations THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Designing your new condo or townhouse? Renovating your kitchen? Share your photos and project ideas with other experts here! We're not just modifying our cars anymore..

Old 08-28-2012, 02:54 PM   #1
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,726 Times in 546 Posts
good places to buy garden lights? solar and hard-wired

I am looking to add some yard/garden lighting for my front and backyard. I am looking to add some solar lights for the backyard, and powered ones at the front.

I went to Home Depot and Lowes this weekend, they have a decent selection, but the price is kinda steep.

Any good online sites that offers a more affordable alternative?
Advertisement
bcedhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 06:57 PM   #2
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,452 Times in 146 Posts
amazon.ca perhaps.
ebay even. but buy them from someone with an ebay store that sells quality items.

from experience, especially on the solar ones, i would spend the extra money and get the better ones.
i bought a set of 10 solar lights for around $80 and 4 out of the 10 are only working now. and I've only had them for 3 months
so now I'm going to wire them together and up to a external solar panel on my roof or something.

Even for the wired ones, the cheaper it is not only are the lights cheaper but the power source will be junk too. cheap transformers will die over time.
jepho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 11:54 PM   #3
Survivor MOD

Thanked 1,615 Times in 574 Posts
run low voltage landscaping lights. get a high quality transformer.

personally i avoid solar lights.

you can try online but personally i'd buy local. that way you can take advantage of any warranties or returns/exchanges that are available.
T4RAWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 12:46 AM   #4
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 4,062 Times in 1,249 Posts
us walmart

Quote:
MG1: in fact, a new term needs to make its way into the American dictionary. Trump............ he's such a "Trump" = ultimate insult. Like, "yray, you're such a trump."
bcrdukes yray fucked bcrdukes up the nose

dapperfied yraisis
dapperfied yray so waisis

FastAnna you literally talk out your ass
FastAnna i really cant
FastAnna yray i cant stand you
yray is offline   Reply With Quote