REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Technical Discussion > Suspension, Brakes , Wheels & Tires Tech

Suspension, Brakes , Wheels & Tires Tech THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Suspension components, brakes, Wheels and Tires. All things related to how your car handles...

Old 08-30-2012, 11:29 PM   #1
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Would these wheels fit? 06 Honda Accord

I have a 2006 Accord EX Coupe. Its stock tire size is P205/65R15.

Would I run into any issues if I change my wheels/tires to 215/50-17? If I want to bump my wheels up to the 16-17" range, what size should I be looking at without having to make any modifications to anything else?

Thanks
Advertisement
canucksfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 12:35 AM   #2
10psi aint enough...

For our 98-02 accords, stock is 16s, the correct sizing for 17s is 215/50/17.

Check with tirerack for 03-07 accord sizing. If this size is correct, theres really nothing you have to mod, unless you lowered your vehicle then make sure no rubbing.

Make sure the width of your 17 inch wheel can fit 215, also check wheel offset is proper... And get an alignment.

Some ppl I know say no need for alignment unless suspension mods, but different pov for different people.

Good luck bud.
HondaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 05:00 PM   #3
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

If that's your original sizing 215/50/17 should be fine. Just go to any of the online tire websites (like tirerack.com, discounttiredirect.com or 1010tires.com) and see what the "plus" options are for the correct sizing. If you are buying used rims you need to be aware of, amongst other things, the bolt pattern, offset, width, bore size, etc...
Old 08-31-2012, 11:00 PM   #4
PM me for my nudes

Thanked 3,772 Times in 1,001 Posts
I'm running 225 45 18 on my 03 coupe.

Depending on the wheel design you might want to do 18 or 19 instead. We have fat cars that need bigger wheels to look good.

18x8 +40 offset is almost flush with the fenders
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkunkWorks View Post
This wouldn't happen if you didn't drive a peasant car like an Audi...
Quote:
[14-05, 14:59] FastAnna You tiny bra wearing, gigantic son of a bitch
[15-05, 10:35] FastAnna Yeah I was dreaming of those big titties in that tiny bra
Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
I'd probably blow someone for that 911
smoothie. is offline   Reply With Quote