REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 03-10-2015, 12:19 PM   #1351
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Looks like the NFL is starting get the hang of trades finally...
Advertisement
capt_slo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 12:27 PM   #1352
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,582 Times in 4,298 Posts
Foles for Bradford as well.. Talk about a crazy 30mins
murd0c is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 12:41 PM   #1353
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Thanked 4,841 Times in 632 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7seven View Post
Report: Seahawks trade for Jimmy Graham | ProFootballTalk

Wow, Jimmy Graham is a Seahawk! Graham and a 4th for Unger and a 1st. Going to suck losing Unger but I like this. Just got to address the oline with a couple of FA or draft picks, since we just lost Unger and Carpenter.
just have to draft a good C. finally someone for Russ to throw at.
H.Specter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 06:58 PM   #1354
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,816 Times in 8,190 Posts
Just when we were saying Seattle needed a good TE... Well it doesn't get much better than Graham!
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 07:00 PM   #1355

We also lost our WR1 (though he wasn't very good), a great linebacker in Pernell McPhee, and Owen Daniels who was a solid TE

I have no fucking idea what this team is going to look like next season.
Old 03-10-2015, 07:12 PM   #1356
In RS I Trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
https://twitter.com/RavensInsider/st...83655213826048

We also lost our WR1 (though he wasn't very good), a great linebacker in Pernell McPhee, and Owen Daniels who was a solid TE

I have no fucking idea what this team is going to look like next season.
This post thanked by:
Old 03-12-2015, 09:37 AM   #1357
Fabulous Rugby Quad Sports Mod

Best NFL Offseason Ever anyone?

Looks like Murray is an Eagle now. What do the Cowboys do now?
RacingMetro92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 09:55 AM   #1358
In RS I Trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacingMetro92 View Post
Best NFL Offseason Ever anyone?

Looks like Murray is an Eagle now. What do the Cowboys do now?
Hopefully draft someone decent that will make an impact.
Old 03-12-2015, 10:20 AM   #1359

People are shitting on the Eagles but I like their moves so far. I REALLY like Alonso, and I think Bradford is an upgrade over Foles - and look at what Kelly did with Foles. And now they have Murray! That's great

Only issue is injury potential...
Old 03-12-2015, 10:57 AM   #1360
Fabulous Rugby Quad Sports Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
People are shitting on the Eagles but I like their moves so far. I REALLY like Alonso, and I think Bradford is an upgrade over Foles - and look at what Kelly did with Foles. And now they have Murray! That's great

Only issue is injury potential...
They've retooled the team at a discount and fixed needs they have. People shitting on these moves are dumb. They're good football players. Injuries will be a possibility, but that happens to every team.

I feel like Chip Kelly is banking on Mariota dropping lower in the draft, even though he's a legit prospect.
RacingMetro92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 11:16 AM   #1361
RS.net PIMP

Thanked 3,057 Times in 824 Posts
I like Alonso as well, this kid was a beast in his rookie season, shame he got hurt after. He reminded me a lot of how only the local market fans knew of Bobby Wagner and Luke Kuechly before they got the recognition as top LBs.

Not sold on Bradford being able to stay healthy running Chip's offense. Seems like Eagles are more scrambling at this point, their plan A Gore bailed on them, agreed to terms with Mathews only to now likely back out as they signing Murray. Not totally sold on how well Murray will do in Philly, I think that Dallas oline last year was a huge factor in how well Murray ran, Murray has a bit of an injury history too until last year behind that oline.
7seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 03:04 PM   #1362
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
^

That line was a huge factor, he'll go from a great RB last year to his old form of a good RB if he goes to Philly. Maybe Mathews will sign in Dallas if Murray signs in Philly?

I've heard the Peterson BS but no way Dallas trades for AP, they don't want to pay Murray 7 Million no way they pay Peterson 12 this year plus give up assets to get him.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I donīt care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. Thatīs how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 06:48 PM   #1363

Ravens re-signed Justin Forsett. Here's hoping last year wasn't just some fluke
Old 03-12-2015, 07:52 PM   #1364

Looks like the Eagles signed both Murray and Mathews. I'm curious who the Cowboys are going to go after? Not much left, CJ Spiller, Reggie Bush, Steven Jackson, Knowshon Moreno, Chris Johnson, Mcfadden? Lol, not much there whoever it is it's going to be a huge downgrade.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I donīt care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. Thatīs how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
Old 03-12-2015, 09:29 PM   #1365
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

^ Trent Richardson at almost nothing
Old 03-12-2015, 09:34 PM   #1366

Watch them sign Richardson and he just lights it up... after all, look what they did for Murray right?
Old 03-13-2015, 07:42 AM   #1367
RS.net PIMP

Thanked 3,057 Times in 824 Posts
Apparently their plan is Darren McFadden, just signed with Cowboys. I think Cowboys might take a serious look at either Gurley or Gordon with their first round pick to pair with McFadden.
7seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 08:13 AM   #1368
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 2,558 Times in 925 Posts
Earl Thomas couldnt even stop McFadden last season, niggas strong AF
Mike Oxbig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 08:16 AM   #1369

Romo should look like his old self this year he's going to actually have the throw the ball again, cornerbacks around the league rejoice.

Old 03-20-2015, 05:27 PM   #1370

Patriots' Ineligible Receiver Trick Under Rule Change Review

Like I said before, those plays were bullshit even if they weren't banned officially. Looks like they will be officially illegal starting next season.

Fucking patriots, what a bullshit team
Old 05-06-2015, 06:51 PM   #1371

The full report by Ted Wells has been released, investigating the Patriots cheating by using underinflated balls during the playoffs.

One of the more interesting things about it is that Brady refused to cooperate with the investigation. He wouldn't show them emails or texts or phone records. The report finds that Brady likely knew that the balls were illegal, and these records would obviously prove or disprove that. The fact that he's keeping them to himself should tell us what to assume...

One of the reactions has been that Vegas odds makers are not allowing people to bet on the Patriots. A bunch of money came in on the Steelers as underdogs, with most assuming Brady will be suspended by the time the season starts. So they just took it down...

I wonder if they'd suspend him for an entire season?

Pretty fucked up, but it's good that they're getting caught for it. It sucks so much that they still got away with it, and eventually won the god damn superbowl. It makes a shitty situation even worse
Old 05-06-2015, 07:13 PM   #1372
In RS I Trust

I still call BS to be honest, funny how he played better in the second half when the deflated balls were found out compared to the first half. I honestly think the Wells report is just to drum up business and website hits right now.
Old 05-06-2015, 07:48 PM   #1373

Quote:
Originally Posted by murd0c View Post
I still call BS to be honest, funny how he played better in the second half when the deflated balls were found out compared to the first half. I honestly think the Wells report is just to drum up business and website hits right now.
I doubt the NFL needs to 'drum up business' by throwing one of the biggest stars in their history under the bus.

As for that particular game, I doubt it was the only game where they were underinflating balls. They have texts going throughout the season between the equipment managers, talking about the level of inflation he likes. They were joking about overinflating them on him, because he kept complaining they were too tight after the refs inspected them (hint hint). Also the game he was complaining about (against the Bears), he still threw 5 touchdowns.

So it's not like he can't play without cheating, which is extra fucked up
Old 05-06-2015, 08:21 PM   #1374
In RS I Trust

I'm talking about the Wells report drumming up business, the NFL wan't this brushed under the table
Old 05-06-2015, 08:27 PM   #1375

... They're the ones that hired Wells to do the report