REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 01-02-2013, 04:15 AM   #101
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 2,558 Times in 925 Posts
NFC: green bay vs seattle

AFC: pats vs denver

superbowl: denver vs seattle
Advertisement
Mike Oxbig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 11:31 AM   #102

Thanked 3,478 Times in 1,679 Posts
Ray Lewis announces that he will retire at end of this year's playoffs. Ray wants to spend more time with his sons.
-huge respect for this player, this warrior. One of the greatest linebackers to ever play the game.
He instilled fear into many opposing players. Andrew Luck should be careful on Sunday.
Posted via RS Mobile
pastarocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 11:38 AM   #103
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballguy View Post
lol 9ers don't stand a chance this year....You think Kaepernick is going to lead them to a Super Bowl....?...c'mon...
they have a better chance with him than alex smith does..lol
zx7rrrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 03:45 PM   #104
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Damn, thought the bengals would have this game.. Couldn't handle the Texans' rush
theevilslave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 09:10 AM   #105
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,776 Times in 8,170 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by theevilslave View Post
Damn, thought the bengals would have this game.. Couldn't handle the Texans' rush
That and their QB is fucking horrible
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 09:36 AM   #106
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,587 Times in 631 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
That and their QB is fucking horrible
Though he's not exactly great, he's not horrible either...I'd put him in around the bottom of a 'top 15 QB's in the league' list
bballguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 03:41 PM   #107

Congrats to the Seahawks. -first road playoff win since defeating the Dolphins in 1983.

Seattle looks really good in the playoffs now with QB Wilson, Marshawn Lynch's monster running game, and the Seahawks defence.

-picking the Seahawks to beat the Falcons next week en route to the Superbowl.

As for the Redskins, the team has a bright future with RG3 and running back Morris. -hoping that RG3's knee heals up. That fumble play where RG3 twisted his knee looked ugly. -hope that Griffin III heals up in the offseason.
Old 01-06-2013, 05:29 PM   #108

49ers and Packers gonna beat up each other

NE VS DEV that's for sure...
Old 01-06-2013, 05:39 PM   #109
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Falcons vs Seahawks is gonna be gooooood
Old 01-07-2013, 11:28 AM   #110

I have to say, that Baltimore game was some of the most fun I've had watching sports since watching the Canucks in the playoffs live! All the emotions running through the players, I felt it. I just hope they didn't have a huge emotional dump and come out sluggish against the Broncos

As for the Seattle game, I was torn cheering between one of my favourite teams, and my favourite player. I had a feeling Griffin's injury would be a factor leading to a Seahawks win, but I didn't expect to see his leg give up on him like that so badly... They were up 14-0, and he was clearly hurt, you have to question the coach for not pulling him at that point. Cousins is no Griffin, but he may have been able to carry them to a close win at least.

My picks for next week are:

Seattle over Atlanta (will be a great game)
SF over GB (another good game)

Baltimore over Denver ( )
NE over Houston (easily)
Old 01-07-2013, 12:06 PM   #111

the fedex field is the worst field to play in

how many player have torn their ACL playing on that field?
Old 01-07-2013, 12:39 PM   #112
RS.net PIMP

Thanked 3,057 Times in 824 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Earl View Post
the fedex field is the worst field to play in

how many player have torn their ACL playing on that field?
Synder is such a cheap moron, that field was total bush league. High school team fields are in better condition. Clemons and RG3 both went down on non contact plays fucking their knees up. Same field AP tore up his whole knee on last season too, just embrassing.

Washington radio initially reported they heard RG3 tore his pcl and acl and out 14 to 18 months, but have now pulled the report since Redskins now sending RG3 for more tests as they not sure if the MRI showed the damage from his acl tear in 2009 with Baylor.
7seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 12:47 PM   #113
private modder

Thanked 2,606 Times in 732 Posts
If what he says is true, why not file a complaint? Surely it's not the last time they'll ever have to play at that field again.

Quote:
Pete Carroll differs with NFL on FedEx Field conditions

By Marc Sessler
Around the League Writer
Published: Jan. 7, 2013 at 02:50 p.m.
Updated: Jan. 7, 2013 at 04:24 p.m.

Sunday's wild-card game between the Washington Redskins and Seattle Seahawks took place on a noticeably beat-up surface at FedEx Field.

Many of the game's onlookers blamed the field for knee injuries suffered by Redskins quarterback Robert Griffin III and Seahawks defensive end Chris Clemons. Clemons wore 3/4-inch cleats on the messy turf, leaving his agent, Donal Henderson, to rip the "crappy" conditions.

Seahawks coach Pete Carroll clearly was agitated with what his players encountered.

"It was horrible, it's a horrible field," Carroll told KIRO-AM in Seattle on Monday. "It was as bad as a field could get for being dry. And it's too bad. It's really too bad, and we deserve better. ... It was worn out. There was a lot of slipping and all that kind of stuff.

"And it was relative. It didn't change the game at all, in my opinion, because it was relative, both sides, but we should just expect to see a better field at that time of year."

Carroll went on to describe the ground as "real sheer, and there was just a kind of dirt on top of the grass, so it was just not good footing."

(While we're at it, take a look at this photo by NFL.com's Jeff Darlington, comparing Sunday's postgame surface at Baltimore's M&T Bank Stadium with the ground at FedEx.)

"It wasn't a perfect field," Redskins coach Mike Shanahan told reporters Monday. "We all know that."

NFL.com's Ian Rapoport heard from league spokesman Greg Aiello, who said Monday that neither team filed an official complaint over the playing conditions.

"It is the responsibility of the home team to maintain the field," Aiello said. "It's a grass field. It's winter. There were no complaints about it by either team. ... Injuries occur, unfortunately, on every field."

The Seahawks, as Aiello points out, have yet to file an official complaint, but one might not be far off.

Follow Marc Sessler on Twitter @MarcSesslerNFL.
Eff-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 01:01 PM   #114

Yeah, I agree with Seahawks coach and the team's players about the Fedex Field's playing condition. I could barely see the logo yesterday on the 50 yard line.

That cheapskate Snyder should pay up to install a new turf in the stadium to protect both his players and visiting team's players.
Old 01-07-2013, 05:37 PM   #115
My homepage has been set to RS

Same field where AP blew out his knee.
Posted via RS Mobile
ajax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 06:33 PM   #116

Wait unless Alfred Morris blow his knee before anything gets done SMH
Old 01-07-2013, 11:28 PM   #117
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Quote:
Robert Griffin III partially tore ACL, LCL, test reveals - NFL.com

An MRI on the Washington Redskins' rookie quarterback revealed he has partial tears to the anterior cruciate and lateral collateral ligaments in his right knee, team sources told NFL.com's Jeff Darlington on Monday. However, it is not known if the damage seen in the results is old or new, the sources said.
He's being sent to florida for another doctor and the owner is going with him. Not looking very good, hope he gets better soon though. Amazing talent, and loads of potential.
Old 01-07-2013, 11:30 PM   #118

He REALLY should not have been playing. Especially when they were up by two touchdowns. Especially on that shitty field.

Worst coaching decision ever. Could have ruined his career
Old 01-08-2013, 09:48 PM   #119
RS.net PIMP

Thanked 3,057 Times in 824 Posts
Mort is reporting RG3 has complete ACL and LCL tears. Ouch

Quote:
Report: Robert Griffin III out 6-8 months with complete ACL, LCL tears

The final diagnosis appears to be in for Washington Redskins quarterback Robert Griffin III.

According to Chris Mortensen of ESPN, Griffin will undergo surgery early Wednesday morning to repair complete tears to his ACL and LCL. Dr. James Andrews will perform the surgery and he is expected to miss six to eight months. Mortensen reported at 1:03 a.m. ET that the surgery would take place in “about six hours” placing the actual time of the surgery somewhere around 7 a.m. ET.

Griffin left Sunday’s Wild Card game against the Seattle Seahawks in the fourth quarter after his right knee bent awkwardly trying to reel in a poor snap. It was already expected that Griffin was going to undergo surgery for at least partial tears of both ligaments but the extent of the damage appears to be greater than first thought.

The timetable of the injury could mean Griffin is ready to go in time for training camp in late July or that he could still be sidelined when the season begins in September.
Report: Robert Griffin III out 6-8 months with complete ACL, LCL tears | ProFootballTalk
7seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 10:01 PM   #120

Old 01-08-2013, 10:40 PM   #121
Need my Daily Fix of RS

6-8 months.. Hmm, well if all goes well he could be ready for the season starter I guess, probably gonna miss training camp and such
Old 01-08-2013, 11:00 PM   #122
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,576 Times in 4,294 Posts
he won't be ready and I could really see his career being close to over now. AP has been the only player to come back the way he did and I can't see someone as young as RG3 to be able to last more then 5 years if lucky. I so wish I'm wrong hes a great player and fun to watch
murd0c is online now   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 01-08-2013, 11:24 PM   #123

Thanked 1,587 Times in 631 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by murd0c View Post
he won't be ready and I could really see his career being close to over now. AP has been the only player to come back the way he did and I can't see someone as young as RG3 to be able to last more then 5 years if lucky. I so wish I'm wrong hes a great player and fun to watch
ACL surgeries aren't nearly as worrying as they used to be....There is plenty of evidence in recent history to show players fully recovering and even being stronger after an ACL injury.

Here's a list of guys who have had torn ACL's and made full recoveries:

Al Harrington (NBA)
Jamal Crawford (NBA)
David West (NBA)

Willis McGahee (NFL)
Wes Welker (NFL)
Adrian Peterson (NFL)
Tom Brady (NFL)

The key to fully recovering is mental. In the words of Jamal Crawford, the key is getting past the stage where you are questioning, “Can I still do that move? Can I still do that cut? The actual injured leg ends up being stronger than the leg that’s not injured, but you don’t believe that at first. You’re scared. You doubt”.

That said, Griffin has already bounced back nicely from ACL surgery when he was at Baylor in 2009, so he shouldn't have any problem getting past that mental stage...

Career being close to over?...lol c'mon man...
bballguy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 01-09-2013, 12:45 AM   #124
Mod.

Thanked 1,769 Times in 684 Posts
What's weird is that I recall seeing him walk off on his own two feet afterwards. I thought that with you tear either the ACL or MCL you can't put ANY weight on that leg at all
97 Civic CX (POS)

!Nhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 12:55 AM   #125

Thanked 1,841 Times in 386 Posts
Probably off the adrenaline he had from everything happening. However if I were part of the medical team I would have taken my precautions and carted him off. Still don't understand why they kept him in the game, while Cousins isn't nearly as dynamic as Rg3, he stood his ground when RG3 went down earlier in the season and played well. Bunk move in my opinion. Rg3 has been nothing but a class act, hope all goes well in recovery for him.
k3lv is offline   Reply With Quote