REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 09-01-2012, 10:53 AM   #1
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 2,558 Times in 925 Posts
The Official *NFL* thread

The Official NFL thread

Dont know if there is an official thread for the NFL, but DISCUSS!
Advertisement
Mike Oxbig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 05:10 PM   #2
Mod.

Thanked 1,769 Times in 684 Posts
LOL wow this thread was made and then died hahahah
97 Civic CX (POS)

!Nhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 05:16 PM   #3
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,574 Times in 4,294 Posts
it never lived in the first place lol
murd0c is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 01:47 AM   #4
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,587 Times in 631 Posts
I started an NFL fantasy thread, just because fantasy is what keeps me most excited about it....made my team pretty stacked now through trades and free agent pick ups...anywho, that thread seemed to die quickly.
bballguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 02:31 AM   #5
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,776 Times in 8,170 Posts
I'd love to take part in this thread. unfortunately I rely on torrents to watch NFL, so I am pretty much a week behind all the time
Posted via RS Mobile
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 07:10 AM   #6

I have my microscope under the seahawks (russell wilson) and ravens right.
Old 11-23-2012, 07:14 AM   #7

If you guys agree to spoiler, I will be able to join! It's probably too much trouble though...

My team is the Ravens. After watching the first 4 weeks, I was hooked. Also like Eli Manning and the Giants. Awesome comebacks.

fuuuuuuuu want to watch some football. Won't be able to watch the Thanksgiving games until tomorrow
Old 11-23-2012, 11:07 AM   #8
Mod.

holy shit you will be in for a big surprise, unless you know the scores already but the games were pretty damn good
97 Civic CX (POS)

Old 11-23-2012, 11:52 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
If you guys agree to spoiler, I will be able to join! It's probably too much trouble though...

My team is the Ravens. After watching the first 4 weeks, I was hooked. Also like Eli Manning and the Giants. Awesome comebacks.

fuuuuuuuu want to watch some football. Won't be able to watch the Thanksgiving games until tomorrow
Same, im watching to see if Flacco is consider elite

and can wilson lead the seahawks to playoffs...
Old 11-23-2012, 12:41 PM   #10

Spoiler!
Old 11-24-2012, 06:50 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballguy View Post
Spoiler!
That is seriously one of the most fucked up calls I have ever seen in any sport

I get that you can't challenge a non whistled play, but aren't all touchdowns reviewed??? They say that over and over in every game I have watched!

They say that it gets 'cancelled' due to the challenge flag but that's bullshit. I have seen other games where they throw a flag unnecessarily, and the ref just gives it back to the coach and they review the play anyway

Old 11-25-2012, 09:44 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Earl View Post
Same, im watching to see if Flacco is consider elite
Not on the road at least. On the road it's all about Ray Rice. Unfortunately they seem to want to run him right up the middle on every running play.. is Flacco that bad that they can't even do some screen passes to keep the defense guessing?
Old 11-25-2012, 01:25 PM   #13
Mod.

How bout the saints and 49ers game
97 Civic CX (POS)

Old 11-26-2012, 06:55 AM   #14
RS.net PIMP

Thanked 3,057 Times in 824 Posts
Quote:
That is seriously one of the most fucked up calls I have ever seen in any sport

I get that you can't challenge a non whistled play, but aren't all touchdowns reviewed??? They say that over and over in every game I have watched!

They say that it gets 'cancelled' due to the challenge flag but that's bullshit. I have seen other games where they throw a flag unnecessarily, and the ref just gives it back to the coach and they review the play anyway

All scoring plays and turnovers are automatically reviewed. However, if the coach throws a challenge flag on a play that already gets an automatic review, then that play can not be reviewed anymore and a 15 yard penalty is imposed.

This rule was put in place because previously, coaches would purposely throw a challenge flag on plays they know weren't challengable or automatically reviewed by the booth upstairs to delay the game and to get the attention of the ref to go over to the coach, before this rule, there was no method of punishing/penalizing the team throwing challenge flags with the only intent to delay the game. IMO they should just tack on the 15 yard penalty but still allow the automatic review for scoring plays and turnovers.

The debacle solely falls on Schwartz and just shows what a shitty/gongshow coach he is. He knew the rule, this just happened to him last Thanksgiving vs the Niners, Harbaugh threw a challenge flag last Thanksgiving when Detroit scored a TD, the Niners were given a penalty and Schwartz himself was yelling, swearing, shouting at Harbaugh "Know the rules". This also happened just the week before this Thanksgiving to the Falcons when they challenged an auto reviewed play vs the Cards, so Schwartz had no excuse. Basically Schwartz has proven he has no control of his locker room with all the undisciplined plays on the field of his players and all the off field issues his players have, and now obviously no self control either, throwing a flag when he knew he couldn't and shouldn't.
7seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 07:05 AM   #15

I'm posting this reply without reading yet... so far the only game this weekend I have watched is Steelers vs Browns and it's actually an interesting one! Steelers are with their 3rd string QB and he sucks, and to make matters worse their runners can't hold on to the ball at all.

5 minutes left and the Browns are leading! If the fucken Browns can beat them, I can't wait to see what the Ravens do to them at home next week
Old 11-26-2012, 07:06 AM   #16
RS.net PIMP

Will spoiler this bit since Skinny is 24hours behind on games

Spoiler!

LOL, anyone see the sprinklers come on mid game in Miami haha

Any thoughts on the MNF game, 2 disasters of teams going head to head, line is -3 Panthers, I'm leaning that way and thinking of adding Panthers to 10 points first on a parlay. With Shady and Vick out of the Eagles, don't see how they can mount much of an offense.
This post thanked by:
Old 11-26-2012, 11:10 AM   #17
Mod.

im pretty upset with them teams they have playing tonight
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 11-27-2012, 06:24 AM   #18
RS.net PIMP

Ended up hitting on my MNF parlay of Panthers -3, Panthers first to 10 points and over 41.5 for a nice payout, woot!

Skinny, have you seen the a Football Life docus? The Ray Lewis one is pretty awesome and might be of interest to you as a Ravens fan

Old 11-27-2012, 06:30 AM   #19

Replying to this thread blind again

Finally watching the Ravens/Chargers game... 3rd quarter now

Flacco

Good defense though
Old 11-27-2012, 07:10 AM   #20

OMG RAY RICE!
This post thanked by:
Old 11-27-2012, 10:06 AM   #21

^I think that's more 'omg chargers' than 'omg ray rice'.....Chargers have been blowing leads in the 4th quarter all season....so bad.
Old 11-27-2012, 10:19 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballguy View Post
^I think that's more 'omg chargers' than 'omg ray rice'.....Chargers have been blowing leads in the 4th quarter all season....so bad.
Dude they were 4th and 29! And that was their last possession, Chargers would have won. He caught it at like 7 yards and ran for the rest of the 30! No matter what team you're playing, that is AMAZING. This will be one of the plays of the year
Old 11-27-2012, 10:37 AM   #23

Quote:
Dude they were 4th and 29! And that was their last possession, Chargers would have won. He caught it at like 7 yards and ran for the rest of the 30! No matter what team you're playing, that is AMAZING. This will be one of the plays of the year
Right, but I'm saying that happens to the Chargers every game....
Old 11-27-2012, 01:57 PM   #24
Need to Seek Professional Help

woo hoooo! NFL thread!!!!
Giants are my team!
dhari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 06:47 AM   #25
RS.net PIMP

Wow, sabotaging your own team, Titus Young pretty much just stamped his own ticket out of the NFL if this is true, don't see how any team can trust him next year, especially given that he already had character concerns before being drafted.

Quote:
Per Birkett, Young purposely lined up in the wrong place on the field “multiple times” during the Lions’ Week Eleven loss to Green Bay. He also “mouthed off” to receivers coach Shawn Jefferson before being benched for the final possession. Apparently upset that he wasn’t getting enough passes thrown his way, Young responded by attempting to sabotage the Lions’ passing offense.

Young’s teammates understandably don’t have his back anymore; top wideout Calvin Johnson indicated after the Thanksgiving game that he anticipates the Lions moving forward with rookie Ryan Broyles and newly acquired Mike Thomas in the lineup.
Lions benched Titus Young for sabotaging their passing offense | ProFootballTalk

I also can't believe the NFL fined Earl Thomas $15k for grazing Tannehill's helmet, such bullshit. That was a borderline penalty at best, yes I understand he did make contact with the QBs helmet, fine, the penalty was by the book, but the fine, ridiculous. There was no malicious intent, Thomas was jumping to deflect the pass, no way he could've stopped mid air.

1:09 mark of the video